PDA

View Full Version : DC for Houston

rarazz00
01-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Well Texans who's your pick? I would want Rod Marinelli for D-Line Coach and Greg Williams for DC...what say you:fans:

stingray
01-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Well Texans who's your pick? I would want Rod Marinelli for D-Line Coach and Greg Williams for DC...what say you:fans:

I want Bill Parcells as the DC.

steelbtexan
01-01-2009, 03:48 AM
1. Nolan
2. McDermott
3. Marinell
4. Bush

rarazz00
01-01-2009, 04:00 AM
You know....Buddy Ryan should have had more children, the NFL would have loved him for it!!!:)

mancunian
01-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Someone with a background in a 4 - 3 defence. I've heard mention Romeo Crennel but he prefers 3-4 and we don't really want to go back to that do we?

Besides I doubt if we have the personnel for that.

Insideop
01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Jerry Gray

DBCooper
01-01-2009, 11:51 AM

That would be awesome!

No chance.

b0ng
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM

You might want to start thinking about becoming a detroit fan if you really want to see Parcells possibly coach.

RipTraxx
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Sean McDermot

BSofA04
01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Jerry Gray

DiehardChris
01-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm starting to warm to Larry Coyer.

TexansSeminole
01-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I want Bud Foster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bud_Foster) from Virginia Tech bad. This man can coach defense.

He has been the defensive coordinator for VTech since 1995.

His defenses led the nation in total defense in 2005 and 2006, and led the nation in scoring defense in 1999 and 2006.

Since 2004 Bud Foster's defenses have ranked #6 or better in total defense.

Since 1999 his defenses have ranked top 3 in scoring defense 6 times.

After helping Tech to the national championship game (Sugar Bowl) in 1999, Foster was recognized as the 2000 American Football Coaches Association Defensive Coordinator of the Year.[3] Tech's 1999 defensive unit led Division I-A in scoring defense and ranked third in both total and rushing defense.

Following the 2006 season, he received the Frank Broyles Award, which is annually given to the top assistant coach in college football.

DiehardChris
01-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I really wonder how much stink 0-16 will carry around the NFL.

Obviously, Marinelli isn't going to get a head coaching job anytime soon... but how far does his Detroit performance knock him down?

Even though he's never been a DC before, I think his impressive track record as a D-line coach at Tampa is good enough to get him a DC job somewhere this season. I don't think the Texans will be able to get him as a D-line coach... so I kind of look at it like - if we want Marinelli - we have to hire him as DC.

My problem with that is - I would want his entire focus to be on the line. Look what he did with Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice... the thought of him being able to focus entirely on the line and get the most out of Mario and Amobi really intrigues me.

So what do you guys think? I think there will be at least a handful of teams who would bring him in as a DC, even with the 0-16 stench on him.

Vinny
01-01-2009, 02:29 PM

Obviously, Marinelli isn't going to get a head coaching job anytime soon... but how far does his Detroit performance knock him down?

Even though he's never been a DC before, I think his impressive track record as a D-line coach at Tampa is good enough to get him a DC job somewhere this season. I don't think the Texans will be able to get him as a D-line coach... so I kind of look at it like - if we want Marinelli - we have to hire him as DC.

My problem with that is - I would want his entire focus to be on the line. Look what he did with Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice... the thought of him being able to focus entirely on the line and get the most out of Mario and Amobi really intrigues me.

So what do you guys think? I think there will be at least a handful of teams who would bring him in as a DC, even with the 0-16 stench on him.

wasn't he just a line coach before his promotion...I think he is a good example of the peter principle. He just may end up going back to what he did best...line coach.

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2009, 04:04 PM

I expect Marinelli to become the new Buccs DC. I wouldn't mind him here but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Specnatz
01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I expect Marinelli to become the new Buccs DC. I wouldn't mind him here but he wouldn't be my first choice.

They already promoted someone already on the staff ...

12/25/2008 Named Raheem Morris defensive coordinator, beginning with the 2009 season. He was the DB's coach.

DiehardChris
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM

12/25/2008 Named Raheem Morris defensive coordinator, beginning with the 2009 season. He was the DB's coach.

That's true - but Morris is also on the radar for a couple of HC jobs - I think I saw that Denver is going to talk to him.

Of course - that might just be to satisfy the minority interviews requirement. (Is there an official name for that policy?)

Heath Shuler
01-01-2009, 04:39 PM
That's true - but Morris is also on the radar for a couple of HC jobs - I think I saw that Denver is going to talk to him.

Of course - that might just be to satisfy the minority interviews requirement. (Is there an official name for that policy?)
Rooney Rule
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2750645

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2009, 06:11 PM

I've heard Morris is already interviewing for HC positions.

PHAROAH
01-02-2009, 05:47 AM
My Choice would is Sean McDermott from Philly or Jerry Gray. I think that Greg Williams will cost too much and Rod Meranelli would be a great D-line coach. I love the Jim Johnson Defensive Scheme and Sean McDermott has been on that staff for 10 years as Linebacker & Defensive Backs Coach and he is young with energy and I think we need a fresh approach. Larry Coyer is my 3rd choice due to his blitzing scheme as well.

awtysst
01-04-2009, 01:32 PM
My Choice would is Sean McDermott from Philly or Jerry Gray. I think that Greg Williams will cost too much and Rod Meranelli would be a great D-line coach. I love the Jim Johnson Defensive Scheme and Sean McDermott has been on that staff for 10 years as Linebacker & Defensive Backs Coach and he is young with energy and I think we need a fresh approach. Larry Coyer is my 3rd choice due to his blitzing scheme as well.

I like McDermott too. I have a feeling that the longer this goes the less likely Bush is the new DC.

b0ng
01-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I like McDermott too. I have a feeling that the longer this goes the less likely Bush is the new DC.

I think people need to relax because the playoffs are still going on. There will be positional coaches for those playoff teams that Kubiak will want to interview as well right?

From what I understand they won't even begin these interviews until next week or the week after.

fikster
01-04-2009, 03:41 PM
I am down with McDermott now that I know who he is and is part of the Jim Johnson coaching staff. That is the scheme I would love to see here. Jerry Gray as my 2nd

WesmanTexanfan
01-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Lets Jack Muschamp from Texas!

Marcus
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
No college guys please. College guys = no NFL experience.

RipTraxx
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I am down with McDermott now that I know who he is and is part of the Jim Johnson coaching staff. That is the scheme I would love to see here. Jerry Gray as my 2nd

If he's half as good as spagnolo at using Johnsons scheme were destined for playoffs.

:d:

hookinreds
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Lets Jack Muschamp from Texas!

Will Muschamp?

RipTraxx
01-04-2009, 04:12 PM
NO COLLEGE GUYS! pro coaches only

Like Muschamp would take it anyway.....

Jackie Chiles
01-04-2009, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I think I have the exact same top two. You know McDermott is going to bring an aggressive scheme and that is exactly what DeMeco has been quoted as saying he would like to play. Gray's scheme will be a bit different but it will also be very aggressive judging from his Buffalo days. I am rooting for the Vikings in this game despite the Jared Allen factor because I would like to get this DC search in gear! (Although McDermott might not even be on the radar for us, ugh.)

PHAROAH
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Man while watching the eagles & vikings after watching CB- Asante' Samuel pick off that pass and run it back for a touchdown I am hyped up and I hope that Sean Mcdermott is brought in for an interview.

RipTraxx
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Man while watching the eagles & vikings after watching CB- Asante' Samuel pick off that pass and run it back for a touchdown I am hyped up and I hope that Sean Mcdermott is brought in for an interview.

We'd be IDIOTS if we dont.

BigBull17
01-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Jerry Gray

AMEN. Thats my number one. My last case senario is Frank Bush. I have no intrest in promoting from in-staff.