PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson Rookie of the Year voting "bogus"

Brando
12-31-2008, 09:23 PM
Titans running back Chris Johnson was the only rookie to make it to the Pro Bowl. But he lost out on the offensive rookie of the year award in a landslide to Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

And Johnson doesn’t like it.

“[T]he whole thing is bogus,” Johnson said, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper, ”because people are voting for it that are not on the same field as the people who are playing.

“I’m disappointed. I did all I could to win it. I feel I did the best. I feel I did all I could do to win it; it just didn’t come my way.”

The Associated Press names the offensive and defensive rookie of the year based on voting by 50 sportswriters. Ryan received 44 votes; Johnson drew only three.

pft (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/31/chris-johnson-calls-rookie-of-the-year-voting-bogus/)

He gets in to the Pro Bowl and he's not happy with that. Why don't you concentrate on what lies ahead of you and think about the team first instead of crying about an award. He didn't even have the most rushing yards as a rookie. Shut your piehole.

kastofsna
01-01-2009, 12:24 AM
yeah he was great, but that doesn't mean someone else wasn't better. pretty simple math. a quarterback performing at the highest level ever for a rookie is going to be beat any typical rookie running back's season any year

TexanSam
01-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Someone should tell Chris Johnson that he's not even the best rookie RB in the league...

ChampionTexan
01-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Of course he's upset - you know being drafted by the Titans in the first round, and going on to win OROY is pretty much an absolute gurantee of future success, and now he's lost all that.

ATX
01-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Someone should tell Chris Johnson that he's not even the best rookie RB in the league...

All he has on Steve Slaton is .1 yds/rush, 1.8 yds/game, and 1 less fumble. He's the 3rd best rookie RB, 2nd at the most.

kastofsna
01-01-2009, 12:54 AM
All he has on Steve Slaton is .1 yds/rush, 1.8 yds/game, and 1 less fumble.
Shelbyville Guy #1: Sounds like Springfield's got a discipline problem.
Shelbyville Guy #2: Maybe that's why we beat them at football nearly half the time.

mexican_texan
01-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Slaton led all AFC backs in total yardage. That includes Johnson.

Brando
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
yeah he was great, but that doesn't mean someone else wasn't better. pretty simple math. a quarterback performing at the highest level ever for a rookie is going to be beat any typical rookie running back's season any year

Yep, Matt Ryan had a tougher situation(bad team) going in to his rookie year and it's tougher to step in as a QB to start in the NFL.

Somebody call the wahmbulance!

gwallaia
01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I can't be too hard on the little punk, he was my fantasy back in both of my leagues and did pretty good for me.

WesmanTexanfan
01-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Steve Slaton led the AFC in Yards from scrimage and is a PB alternate, thats your ROY.......