PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Frazier For Texans DC?

Ali4Real
12-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Leslie Frazier, according to Yahoo Sports is going to be speaking to the Lions about becoming there new DC. As the DC of the Vikings which is ranked in the top five I was wondering why don't the Texans talk to this guy? After all, the Vikings run a 4-3 from what I know and they can stop the rushing attack of any team, something the Texans lacked at times.

Just a thought...

Texans_Chick
12-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Leslie Frazier, according to Yahoo Sports is going to be speaking to the Lions about becoming there new DC. As the DC of the Vikings which is ranked in the top five I was wondering why don't the Texans talk to this guy? After all, the Vikings run a 4-3 from what I know and they can stop the rushing attack of any team, something the Texans lacked at times.

Just a thought...

Why would he want to switch teams with a lateral move...or the Viking let him go? The only DCs you can get are ones that are not under contract for whatever reason, like Gregg Williams. Frazier is talking to the Lions about their HEAD coaching job.

Or you can get fired head coaches with defensive background or position coaches from good defenses that you think are ready to take the big job or who have been coordinators in the past.

Jackie Chiles
12-31-2008, 05:25 PM
He is interviewing for the Lions HC spot so there is zero chance this happens.

badboy
12-31-2008, 05:31 PM
He could not get the Lions job and sign with Houston as an assistant to head coach defense. Just saying as I know nothing of this guy.

Jackie Chiles
12-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh...I thought he was looking for a new DC job, my bad.

:headhurts:

Who is the Vikings D-line coach I wonder. Although with the Williams in the middle and Allen on the outside they would probably make anyone look good.

jgl35
12-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Frazier was first hired by Andy Reid as the DB coach for the Eagles. Left Philadelphia and became defensive coordinator for Cincinnati in 2003 when Lewis was hired as coach. Joined the Colts in 2005 as special assistant to the head coach/ db coach. Hired by Childress as defensive coordinator in 2007.

Porky
12-31-2008, 06:57 PM
You have to be either extremely desprate or a mashochist to want that job.

PHAROAH
01-01-2009, 02:28 AM
He is very good he will in line for a Head Coaching Job not a coordinator.