PDA

View Full Version : DeMeco wearing the device to prevent shoulder dislocation

GP
12-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe there was a thread about this, or maybe it was included in another thread. If so, mods, please delete this or move it.

I noticed he has been wearing the black device that goes around the top of the bicep, and connects to a shoulder strap under the pads. The same thing Portis had to start wearing.

Was this part of his mid-season slump? Did it happen in a game, or in practice, or what? Just wondering what happened.

The1ApplePie
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Had to wear a similar contraption years ago. Thing friggin sucked

DeMeco got beat to hell all season thanks to piss poor DT play in front of him. Never seen him crushed by so many Cs and Gs than this year

barrett
12-30-2008, 02:04 AM
i can't speak for the device or when he was injured because he won't tell anybody if he's hurt! not even the coaches really know sometimes. all you need to know is that he played better at the end of the season and mark my words... you can expect him to be a monster next season if healthy.

ObsiWan
12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
but how baddass of a monster could he be/would he be if he ever let himself completely heal??

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2008, 08:55 AM
because he won't tell anybody if he's hurt! not even the coaches really know sometimes

I don't think that's true, the media seemed to know he was injured. Wouldn't be the first time Texans played a whole or half a season with an injury that was never disclosed to the fans.

RipTraxx
12-31-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't think that's true, the media seemed to know he was injured. Wouldn't be the first time Texans played a whole or half a season with an injury that was never disclosed to the fans.

He'll be ok. Considering he played through the pain all season. Give him an offseason to get health. Him, Adibi, and Diles (if his leg heals) are our future.

barrett
12-31-2008, 01:04 PM

i'm not saying they didn't know he was hurt this year. that's not what i'm saying. i'm saying at times he won't disclose his injuries to them. i'm certian they were aware of it this year.

Insideop
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
He'll be ok. Considering he played through the pain all season. Give him an offseason to get health. Him, Adibi, and Diles (if his leg heals) are our future.

Hmm... :thinking: I guess I don't feel as sure as you do about our LBing situation for next year. A lot of "if's" in the equation for me. I'm not really sure of the health of either of them, and I think it's one of our weakest/thinnest areas. I hope they address this area again in the off-season. JMHO!

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
i'm not saying they didn't know he was hurt this year. that's not what i'm saying. i'm saying at times he won't disclose his injuries to them. i'm certian they were aware of it this year.

Ohhh, gotcha'.