PDA

View Full Version : the problem in Big D

thunderkyss
12-29-2008, 01:45 PM
The kid has a problem with lying

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80db6400

First, I am a T.O. appologist. I think his problem in San Fran & in Philly, was that he told the truth, and pointed the fingers at the "stars" & coaches, & personally, I think it needed to be done. My evidence has been that the problems in San Fran are still in San Fran, and the problems in Philly are still in Philly.

Dione asks the question, why do people believe it when Romo says it, but not when T.O. says it.

Apart from that, I thought there was some nice insight into the Dallas Cowboys.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
There are 25 million reasons to not believe or respect TO.

was that he told the truth, and pointed the fingers at the "stars" & coaches, Ummmm, try pointing the finger at himself sometime. He is well known for his alligator arms and has dropped more than his fair share in critical times.

He calls out his QB from SF as being gay, yet the last time I checked Jeff Garcia has an uber hot wife and I've never seen TO with a woman.

His outbursts on the sidelines with McNabb are inexcusable. McNabb was that team's leader. Besides that, it made TO look like a boob on National television.

Lest, we forget the way the whole SF to Baltimore thing went down.

Specnatz
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Dion also made excuses for the way Plaxico acted before shooting himself. He also said qubert was misunderstood. So that tells me Dion is full of shit err I mean himself, ok same thing.

WWJD
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
There are 25 million reasons to not believe or respect TO.

Ummmm, try pointing the finger at himself sometime. He is well known for his alligator arms and has dropped more than his fair share in critical times.

He calls out his QB from SF as being gay, yet the last time I checked Jeff Garcia has an uber hot wife and I've never seen TO with a woman.

His outbursts on the sidelines with McNabb are inexcusable. McNabb was that team's leader. Besides that, it made TO look like a boob on National television.

Lest, we forget the way the whole SF to Baltimore thing went down.

Yea Donovan can be a boob all on his own. Remember his comments this year that he didn't know games could end in a tie?

TO needs to go though. He won't but he is poison.

kastofsna
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
why do Houston fans care so much about this nonsense

Pantherstang84
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Because it keeps us entertained while we eagerly wait for Richard Smith's firing to become official.

thunderkyss
12-29-2008, 02:21 PM

I've never hid the fact that I'm a T.O. fan.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM

Wha??? What?!?!?!?!

Specnatz
12-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Why does a Miami fan care so much about a Houston Texans board?

Double Barrel
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM

All of our bitterness need to be vented somewhere, yeah? :shades:

Hervoyel
12-29-2008, 11:18 PM

Being a Houston fan doesn't entirely exclude all interest in the rest of the NFL.

Why does a Dolphins fan spend all this time on a Texans board? Don't you know that being a Dolphins fan means you're required to wear your Dolphins blinders 24 hours a day and show no interest in any other NFL story, team, or player?

Besides, who doesn't like to slow down and stare at a good train wreck?

The1ApplePie
12-29-2008, 11:21 PM

Most are bitter they lost an entire generation of fans to Dallas during the late 1980s and early 1990s

I am both a Cowboys and Texans fan. Couldn't say the same for the Oilers. All I remember of them is terrible teams and Bud Adams being a jackass.

OzzO
12-30-2008, 08:35 AM
In other news, heard a snippet on the Radio today that Jason Garrett may be interviewing for the Detroit HC position. I thought he was to be the successor in Dallas?

kastofsna
12-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Being a Houston fan doesn't entirely exclude all interest in the rest of the NFL.

Why does a Dolphins fan spend all this time on a Texans board? Don't you know that being a Dolphins fan means you're required to wear your Dolphins blinders 24 hours a day and show no interest in any other NFL story, team, or player?

Besides, who doesn't like to slow down and stare at a good train wreck?
there's a difference between being interested in what happens on the field and obsessing over just pure ESPN-created soap opera nonsense. this is TMZ-esque

SheTexan
12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
In other news, heard a snippet on the Radio today that Jason Garrett may be interviewing for the Detroit HC position. I thought he was to be the successor in Dallas?

I heard that on the 10pm news last night. JJ won't let him go. Besides, that's all poor Detroit needs is a newbie HC! Hell, Garrett still has wet feet as a OC.

As for why Texan fans care all that much. I don't think we do. It's just something to talk about to keep our minds off the fact that we are NOT in the playoffs, and Miami is! :blah:

Texan_Bill
12-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Most are bitter they lost an entire generation of fans to Dallas during the late 1980s and early 1990s

I am both a Cowboys and Texans fan. Couldn't say the same for the Oilers. All I remember of them is terrible teams and Bud Adams being a jackass.

Who is most?

All you remember was terrible teams? :rolleyes: You were 16 when the Oilers left. They had a 2-14 team when you were about 13 years old. Before that, they were in the playoffs 7 consecutive seasons... So, unless you remember Hugh Campbell's tenure, your memory is horrible.

The ONLY thing right in your post is that Bud Adams is a jackass.

Texan_Bill
12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
there's a difference between being interested in what happens on the field and obsessing over just pure ESPN-created soap opera nonsense. this is TMZ-esque

You're in Florida. This is Texas. You will never understand. So don't try..

Blake
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Dione asks the question, why do people believe it when Romo says it, but not when T.O. says it.

Maybe because instead of 1 jackass saying it, its the jackass and the choker saying it.

All im saying is that things are more believable when two of your friends say it than one of your friends.

And if you want the cold truth, people think TO is a buffoon. So of course they are going to write of what he says on his own. :twocents:

Silver Oak
12-30-2008, 09:56 AM

yeah...Garrett, Spagnuolo, Jerry Gray, and someone else I can't recall are all being brought in for interviews supposedly.

thunderkyss
12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
And if you want the cold truth, people think TO is a buffoon. So of course they are going to write of what he says on his own. :twocents:

Maybe too many people let ESPN control what they think, and don't look for the facts about a situation, to form their own opinion.

Think about it, he called his QB gay in SF...... and that spun the franchise into disarray to last over 10 years.

Get real, that franchise was screwed up, and there were/are control issues throughout the organization.

T.O. didn't want to go to Baltimore.... there are a lot of players that didn't want to go to Baltimore. Most of them offensive skilled players... surely there is a reason for that.

Eli didn't want to go to SanDiego..... does that make him an asshole??

Philly.... that team should have dominated over the last 6 years. They've got a QB, they've got a RB, they've got a defense, all they are missing is a wide reciever. You put one in there, one of the best of all time, and they go to the big show. Couldn't get it done, because their QB is a punk.

Bottom line, they don't have a wide reciever.... My opinion, they can't afford another Prima Dona on that team, because their leader isn't much of a leader. In fact, we don't know who the leader of the team is... Andy Reid, or Donovan McNabb.

And Dallas...... we heard the media talk about this, or that, but none of it has been substantiated by the players. Heck, If you watched the sidelines during the last game, T.O. seems to have a perfectly fine relationship with Witten, Romo, and the rest of the team.

They call him a cancer, because he tells the truth. He splits the team, between those that see the truth, and those that don't want to admit it.

He's going to the Hall of Fame, first ballot..... and if you believe all the crap, he's done it all by himself, because he is devisive, he is a prima donna, and no one would help someone like that achieve the things T.O. has.

HoustonFrog
12-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought this was a thread dedicated to Jerry Jones when I saw the title. As a guy who has always defended him because of his business acumen, his ability to bring in talent and his passion for winning I can no longer excuse his decisions...ones that make no sense in light of the past 20 years of his ownership and ones that fly in the face of conventional "football" wisdom. He really lost me when he and Aikman differed two weeks ago on what makes a good team. Jerry thinks drama can abound and people can still be on the same page. I'll repeat something I've said all along and I know the answer...why would such an astute businessman not figure out that he would get his desired attention by just owning a winning SB team and not just because he has his hands in the football side of things?..Answer..ego.

As far as TO. I think he is a cancer BUT I admit that he says some truthful things that wouldn't get most in trouble but the media blows them up because he HAS been a cancer. TB mentioned some..the Baltimore trade/non-trade is when I decided he wasn't worth it.

To answer your above post TK...he is called a cancer not because he speaks the truth but because he draws lines in lockerrooms and causes people to take sides. He doesn't vent to the team, he does it in the media and when he does do it, it is usually a critical juncture in the season. To me that makes him an attention whore. He does say some things I agree with but he always forgets time and place. You can't see it done 3 times and say that each time was media driven. His comments are beyond assinine...gay Garcia(thought the voice can fool ya)..at times

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2008, 10:34 AM

A Cowboys fan made the thread. He's quite the stuff at Cowboys-Forum.

WWJD
12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought this was a thread dedicated to Jerry Jones when I saw the title. As a guy who has always defended him because of his business acumen, his ability to bring in talent and his passion for winning I can no longer excuse his decisions...ones that make no sense in light of the past 20 years of his ownership and ones that fly in the face of conventional "football" wisdom. He really lost me when he and Aikman differed two weeks ago on what makes a good team. Jerry thinks drama can abound and people can still be on the same page. I'll repeat something I've said all along and I know the answer...why would such an astute businessman not figure out that he would get his desired attention by just owning a winning SB team and not just because he has his hands in the football side of things?..Answer..ego.

As far as TO. I think he is a cancer BUT I admit that he says some truthful things that wouldn't get most in trouble but the media blows them up because he HAS been a cancer. TB mentioned some..the Baltimore trade/non-trade is when I decided he wasn't worth it.

To answer your above post TK...he is called a cancer not because he speaks the truth but because he draws lines in lockerrooms and causes peopel to take sides. He doesn't vent to the team, he does it in the media and when he does do it, it is usually a critical juncture in the season. To me that makes him an attention whore. He does say some things I agree with but he always forgets time and place. You can't see it done 3 times and say that each time was media driven. His comments are beyond assinine...gay Garcia(thought the voice can fool ya)..at times

Jerry's problem all these years is that his singular focus is that he wants to be thought of as a "football" guy and he's just not. He's a fantastic businessman but the other..uh no.

He will never let it go until he dies so there is no need to sweat bullets over it anymore...for me I remember him saying that from day 1 of his ownership and here we are 20 years later and he has not changed. And he doesn't have to because he's the owner!

I stream ESPN in Dallas and Randy Galloway had the best point EVER on Jerry...he said would ANY other NFL team hire Jerry to be their GM? The answer would be no so there is your problem! It's really very simple!

Specnatz
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rBA41f7A0c&eurl=http://texansfootball.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=national&action=display&thread=370