PDA

View Full Version : How was Duane Brown today?

euro-Texan
12-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I was forced to watch the game today via an overseas web stream and picked up the local Chicago crew. Although the picture was grainey, i was able to make out the objects okay. The Chicago announcers had plenty of good things to say about Duane brown man-handling the D-line for our running game. Several comments throughout the game. When I listened to the 610 post-game they didn't have anything positive to say about him. I know he hasn't been the best as far as pass protection, but we are obviously better with him in over Salaam. Did anyone with a better view of the game think Brown had that much influence in our running game?

DiehardChris
12-29-2008, 01:15 AM
He did pretty well.

On one of the running TDs, he had a GREAT block, taking out two guys.

Goatcheese
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Brown and Pitts got a good push on the left side today. Most of the decent-good runs seemed to be behind them. He had some good blocks, but I wouldn't say he "man-handled" anybody.

Norg
12-29-2008, 02:04 AM
I will admit there was less pressure on Matt when u compare it to the oakland and this was CHI know for killing QB i think Matt was sacked once

but the two DT manged to keep the outside clear in the classic circle around Matt i thought there was more pressure up the middle

i have 2 re watch the game i was listening to music when i seen it live

euro-Texan
12-29-2008, 04:37 AM
I remember one play where matt was forced into a grounding call, but it looked to me that the center might have snapped the ball early because neither of our tackles seemed to come out of their stances, but other than that I didn't see a lot of pressure, but like I said my crappy view didn't let me see many details

DexmanC
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I remember one play where matt was forced into a grounding call, but it looked to me that the center might have snapped the ball early because neither of our tackles seemed to come out of their stances, but other than that I didn't see a lot of pressure, but like I said my crappy view didn't let me see many details

That's EXACTLY what's happened, and we saw Schaub blow a gasket.
The ENTIRE offense started the game making mental mistakes. People
say Kubiak doesn't have "fire." He lined up the ENTIRE offense on the bench,
and LIT INTO THEIR ASSES. Slaton was even benched for a while.

This team is on its way.