PDA

View Full Version : 49ers Hire Mike Singletary

SF49erFaithful
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Saw on Fox that he was named HC and is going to sign a 5-year extension. Hopefully this works out.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I was very skeptical at first, but he finished 5-4 I believe, so seems like the right thing to do.

I think a lot of people got too caught up in his RAH RAH emotional style... but hey, results are results.

StarStruck
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
It appears that his politically incorrect pants dropping histrionic episode inspired a winning attitude.:thisbig:

SF49erFaithful
12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
correction...

The Press Democrat has learned Singletary's contract is four years, $10 million. In the contract he has the right to hire and fire his assistant coaches.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2008/12/remove-that-interim-tag-from-singletarys-title.html

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
I've always like Mike Singletary. Congrats Mike...now win that franchise it's 6th Lombardi!
:trophy:x5 + :trophy: =:zipit:

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM
I've always like Mike Singletary. Congrats Mike...now win that franchise it's 6th Lombardi!

Unfortunately, :zipit: will never happen as long as that team exists. There will always be an excuse. :D

DexmanC
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I just saw Singletary's post-game presser. When he said this, I was in stitches:

"This is something that I told our players the other day. Why did I give
you Christmas Day off? Because you won't have it for a while."

The players LOVE playing for this guy, and I see him being successful
in a couple season or sooner. Good for him, they play in a crap division.
It's not like that play six games against the Jags, Titans, and Colts every
year.

SheTexan
12-29-2008, 06:10 AM

I SOOOO approve this post!! BUT, only if they're not playing our TEXANS for that coveted trophy!:)

The way BOTH my favorite teams are improving, I just might get my wish someday and see them meet each other in the SB! IF that ever happens, I will be at that game if I have sell everything I own and walk to whereever the game might be! Well, at the rate both of them or going, I might have to hire someone to push my w/c to that infamous game! BUT, I will get there one way or another! :shetexan::trophy:

kastofsna
12-29-2008, 07:23 AM
he seems like Gruden when he first got to the Bucs. eventually the act got old, and now the players don't really like him anymore

DexmanC
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
he seems like Gruden when he first got to the Bucs. eventually the act got old, and now the players don't really like him anymore

Gruden won a superbowl after Dungy built the team. Singletary took
a DISASTER, and made them respectable. Also, the players quit playing
for Gruden after they discovered that Kiffin was walking out of the door.

Singletary beats his players down, but he also builds them up. He's going
to be successful, and I'm not ever 49ers fan. The players in the locker room
EXPLODED when the owner announced Singletary's hiring.

kastofsna
12-29-2008, 10:46 AM
the players quit on Gruden like 3 years ago. and the fans absolutely despise the guy

the point is that the yelling, screaming and grimacing gets old to NFL players. especially if you're a phoney liar like Gruden

HOU-TEX
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Congrats to Mike! Awesome guy who deserves a shot. Hopefully it works out with the Niners. I've heard the ownership and FO stinks over there. :thinking:

WWJD
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Well I like the guy so I'm glad he got the job.