PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Eagles

stingray
12-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Winner is in. Loser out of playoffs. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!

JaneDoe
12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Nice catch and run by Buckhalter! (Not sure I spelled his name correctly, forgive me)

brakos82
12-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm stuck with Arizona/Seattle... can you say "snoozefest"?

JaneDoe
12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Actually looking forward to the Denver/San Diego game tonight. Its all on the line....

nunusguy
12-28-2008, 05:10 PM
IMO Westbrook is the most complete running back in the NFL. Simply a tremendous football player who is also the consummate team guy.

Marcus
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
LOL st TO yelling on the sidelines.

stingray
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
LOL st TO yelling on the sidelines.

You know the meltdown will happen if the Cowboys lose.

Goldensilence
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
:mcnugget: they traded a 1st for Roy Williams? lol

Showtime100
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Looks like Philly came to play. 10-3 and McNabb looking for more.

nunusguy
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
I'd really rather watch the Eagles every Sunday instead of the Cowboys, if I had a choice of which team in the NFC East I would see on TV every weekend, which of course I don't. I think they are a more interesting, a more entertaining team football wise. Now for all of those folks who like the soap-opera aspect of it, gotta admit the cowboys are the ticket. And it's not bashing or anything really negative, just my preferance if I could choose.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, it is just as I said last week. Other teams would give them a chance and the Cowboys would show up and lay a massive turd. Again, a lifer as a Cowboy fan but they don't deserve anything and I'm glad it is blowing up in Jerry's face. I'm tired of the puss attitude of the team and how they treat big games. It has been a long time since talent on their team could win games. They have no heart and no drive. Watching these other teams confirms this.

Ryan
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
For those who can't watch it, you are missing out on a great game.

27-3 Eagles at the half.:texflag:

Marcus
12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh man, you're going to LOVE this!!!!!!

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2528972&postcount=1150

Brando
12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh man, you're going to LOVE this!!!!!!

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2528972&postcount=1150

:heh:

Spled
12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Aikman's really throwing Williams under the bus. He's not the one playing quarterback.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I love it. The Saints lost, the Cowboys are getting crushed... if only the Vikings would have lost.

Mailman
12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Watching the end of the first half in Philly was almost as satisfying as watching the Texans ruin douchebag Chicagoan football hopes.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Watching the end of the first half in Philly was almost as satisfying as watching the Texans ruin douchebag Chicagoan football hopes.

I don't ever think that way. Winning is always 20 times better than watching teams lose. That is a bad team mentality in my book and means your team isn't ever in it. If ther Cowboys don't win, I'm peeved. I'm not there as much with the Texans but there aren't many teams that satisfy me when they lose.

Mailman
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't ever think that way. Winning is always 20 times better than watching teams lose. That is a bad team mentality in my book and means your team isn't ever in it.

The glitz and glamour girls still suck.

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
(singing) SHINE YA LIGHT! SHINE YA LIGHT! SHINE YA LIGHT WON'T YOU SHINE YA LIIIIGHT! PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...I LU-UH-UV YOU!....YES I DO!

edo783
12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
MAN, the Cowplops look bad.

Mailman
12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Wooot wooooooot wooooooot

e-a-g-l-e-s eagles td

Spled
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
It's ovah!!! Loved the stiff arm.

stingray
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Game, set and match, cowpukes out of playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattieuk
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Haha, hes not a bad guy, but Romo's fumble has sealed it. Great viewing. Back to the Phins game.

nunusguy
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I honestly feel for them right now because I don't like to see anybody or any team humiliated.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
The glitz and glamour girls still suck.

Yes, right now they do but I expected no less from THIS team today. But as a 30 plus year fan I'd rather experience these highs and lows than cheer against teams because my team sucks or is mediocre. That was really my point

Mailman
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Game, set and match, cowpukes out of playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With *maybe* an assist from the Houston Texans. If Chicago doesn't get beat by our plucky Texans, Philly is playing for pride and not a playoff spot.

Goldensilence
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow I at least thought the cowboys would come out looking better then this. Game over with the fumble.

I'm no cowboys fan but the team has a lot of soul searching to do this off-season. .... and from the looks of it a HC as well. I'm not so sure Jason Garrett is a slam dunk choice either by Jerry.

stingray
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, right now they do but I expected no less from THIS team today. But as a 30 plus year fan I'd rather experience these highs and lows than cheer against teams because my team sucks or is mediocre.

You keep mentioning that people cheer against the Cowboys. Maybe they do but it's because of their fans. They cheer against the typical ARROGANT cowboy fan that doesn't know shit. And there is alot of them, especially in south texas. I don't mind fans being confident about their team but many if not most Cowboys fans take it to another level. Especially the ones who don't know anyting about professional football. And it seems that the cowboys have more than their share.

Mailman
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
BWaahahAHAHAHA

Another defensive TD for the Eagles!

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Another epic choke job by my Cowboys.

I expected a loss as I said in an earlier post but not a beatdown. You can usually watch after one quarter and see how they will play and I knew right away it was going to be another undisciplined performance.

They really need to do as the Dolphins did and do some serious purging. Because for most of us Cowboys fans it's been binge and purge all year.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
"OOPS!!" says Marion Barber. 41-3.

Showtime100
Another defensive TD. Just when you thought it couldn't get any uglier. I can't say I feel sorry for the 'Boys though.

edo783
Talk about a smack down. 41-3 right now.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Talk about a smack down. 41-10 right now.

41-3 son!!

IlliniJen
12-28-2008, 06:19 PM
This is the best. game. ever.

EVER.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 06:20 PM
You keep mentioning that people cheer against the Cowboys. Maybe they do but it's because of their fans. They cheer against the typical ARROGANT cowboy fan that doesn't know shit. And there is alot of them, especially in south texas. I don't mind fans being confident about their team but many if not most Cowboys fans take it to another level. Especially the ones who don't know anyting about professional football. And it seems that the cowboys have more than their share.

And while I've been told that over and over on here, I have a hard time believing that football fans are that thin skinned where some jackass mouthing off really causes that much hatred....also...what is the difference between them and what I read here daily?It is EXACTLY the same and there are just as many jerkoffs that are Cowboy hatred obssessed. All of us good fans acknowledge there are a-holes out there but I think alot of the smack is caused because of the hatred. JMO

edo783
41-3 son!!

Yup, I checked NFL.com before I posted and they had ten so that's what I used. Silly me, thinking the NFL would have the score correct.

Goldensilence
Another epic choke job by my Cowboys.

I expected a loss as I said in an earlier post but not a beatdown. You can usually watch after one quarter and see how they will play and I knew right away it was going to be another undisciplined performance.

They really need to do as the Dolphins did and do some serious purging. Because for most of us Cowboys fans it's been binge and purge all year.

Oh the Irony of the Dolphins reference. On that note Dolphins just took the lead in their game. Comeback player of the year should go to Chad Pennington.

Sparono and Parcells have done a hell of a job over there.

HoustonFrog
I'm actually glad to see it. Jerry needs a wake up call and there are plenty of lifers sick of this.

Also, I think Romo has been very overrated in aspects of his game but I also think the most overrated unit right now is the O-line. The guy is always running for his life.

Mailman
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Romo gets hit, fumbles again. Eagles ball.

edo783
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
OH man, that is epic. Another fumble by Romo and Eagles recover.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM
AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

This is a great day for football. Awesome.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Also - I can't believe how FULL OF SH IT Jerry Jones is when he says his coaches are safe.

The entire team has quit, and they have probably more talent than any other team in the NFL.

Spled
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
This is like a late Christmas present watching the Cowboys implode. Especially after all the hype going back to Hard Knocks on HBO. The TO soap opera, Pacman's legal problems, Tony and Jessica, the new stadium and all the bs and they don't even make the playoffs.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
And while I've been told that over and over on here, I have a hard time believing that football fans are that thin skinned where some jackass mouthing off really causes that much hatred....also...what is the difference between them and what I read here daily?It is EXACTLY the same and there are just as many jerkoffs that are Cowboy hatred obssessed. All of us good fans acknowledge there are a-holes out there but I think alot of the smack is caused because of the hatred. JMO

I don't talk smack when they win and I don't talk smack when they lose.

I've seen alot of both.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Also - I can't believe how FULL OF SH IT Jerry Jones is when he says his coaches are safe.

The entire team has quit, and they have probably more talent than any other team in the NFL.

I think MOST people knew to take the all coaches are safe comment from Jerry with a huge grain of salt. How about a sack of salt?

Wade can't go out there and play but he sure can have his team better prepared.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't talk smack when they win and I don't talk smack when they lose.

I've seen alot of both.

That is my mantra!I am a frustrated fan now but the 5 SBs, etc has nothing to do with the sucky, heartless team I'm watching now. If they win I'm happy but I enjoy other fans in the NFC East...passion wise..so I may rib some friends but I don't yell at people or get in their face. In fact I'm a believer that good comes from rock bottom so rigth now 9-7 is rock bottom compared to expectations and this will hopefuly force changes.

Pantherstang84
Somebody pinch me.

sakebomb
This is absolutely beautiful with Homo hanging his head, Tank Johnson crying on the sideline. This is awesome. I love to watch them implode.

edo783
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Troy just said it right. The most talented team isn't necessarily a team. Boy is that true of the Cowplops. They should be steamrolling the competition, but aren't playing as a team.

sakebomb
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
The networks are crying the the cowboys are out..............and I'm loving it!!!!!!

Pantherstang84
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm wondering if both Wade and Garrett will get the boot in the morning.

nunusguy
12-28-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm no cowboys fan but the team has a lot of soul searching to do this off-season. .... and from the looks of it a HC as well.
Contrary to pre-game comments about retention of coachs, Jones has to fire his HC in the context of this devastating loss notwithstanding financial/business considerations. Or maybe because of them - I'm thinking he's got something like a 100K seats to market ?

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh the Irony of the Dolphins reference. On that note Dolphins just took the lead in their game. Comeback player of the year should go to Chad Pennington.

Sparono and Parcells have done a hell of a job over there.

Yea I have the Dolphins game on as I type this....that is a very nice NFL story.

Although today I'd have to cheer for the Jets..just because I like Favre.

IlliniJen
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Troy just said it right. The most talented team isn't necessarily a team. Boy is that true of the Cowplops. They should be steamrolling the competition, but aren't playing as a team.

The Cowboys are just a collection of talented players, but they're not a TEAM.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 06:35 PM
The Cowboys are just a collection of talented players, but they're not a TEAM.

Agreed... and I think a lot of that has to do with the decision Jerry Jones made to bring in Wade Phillips. They went from ass-kicker extraordinaire to pookie-bear soft babysitter. They needed something in between.

Turns out with hindsight - Tony Sporano would have been a good choice, LOL.

Malloy
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Getting rid of Parcells has turned out to be a bit big BIG mistake. I kinda feel bad for the Cowboys as a team, but I just LOVE to see Jerry Jones all pissy, if anyone deserves to miss out on a playoff-spot, its him :)

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm wondering if both Wade and Garrett will get the boot in the morning.

I have thought for some weeks that Wade was definitely gone.

Garrett has been a huge disappointment this year. Particularly since he's making something like 3 million. Definitely money not well spent.

Hervoyel
12-28-2008, 06:37 PM
The sad thing is that Tony Romo won't get a cool nickname out of this game like "Romocopter".

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
The sad thing is that Tony Romo won't get a cool nickname out of this game like "Romocopter".

Yeah. "Really, really terrible in meaningful games-mo" doesn't have a good ring to it.

Spled
12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I'd get rid of Wade and Garrett and bring in Wade Garrett - http://www.theschalter.com/ammo/images/dvd/road_house_1989_wade.jpg
Just kidding. I'd get rid of Wade and Garrett and TO and Pacman. TO And Pacman are team cancers.

DiehardChris
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
How about "Romoverrated?"

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Despite my rancor for the Cowboys I do respect them as an organization. I have to say that if I were coaching/playing against them in a playoff game or one with play off ramifications I would get the score so high that NASA would have to be called in to tabulate it. The Cowboys play until the last second is on the clock and I've seen them come back from 21 point deficits in under two minutes.
I rag them constantly but NO lead is insurmountable for that team. If you beat them you have to do so the way that Philadelphia is now. If your cushion is only 3 TDs the Cowboys (like cockroaches) will comeback.

sakebomb
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I have to say that if I were coaching/playing against them in a playoff game

You will have to wait to play them next year. No playoffs in 08!!

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't think Garrett is gone because he has upside and learning to do. But Wade is useless. I also agree with the team comment. They have no ass kickers who keep the team in line. Irvin was that guy. Emmitt was that guy. the defense played with a chip. Right now it is a quitter mentality. As I said, Romo could use a QB coach like Norv was to Aikman. He has talent but he makes stupid plays weekly and the line isn't helping him.

Goldensilence
12-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Contrary to pre-game comments about retention of coachs, Jones has to fire his HC in the context of this devastating loss notwithstanding financial/business considerations. Or maybe because of them - I'm thinking he's got something like a 100K seats to market ?

I know he thinks big names fill seasts but not nearly well as winning and advancing in the playoffs. Team has crazy talent but I think Wade has lost the team and TO has become a distraction.

I guess the bigger question is IF he does fire Phillips who does he hire? Does he throw a busload of money at Cowher? Marty ball in Dallas? I'd LOVE to see him crawl to asking Jimmy back and what he could do with all that talent. All I know is he's going to want a big name.

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think Garrett is gone because he has upside and learning to do. But Wade is useless. I also agree with the team comment. They have no ass kickers who keep the team in line. Irvin was that guy. Emmitt was that guy. the defense played with a chip. Right now it is a quitter mentality. As I said, Romo could use a QB coach like Norv was to Aikman. He has talent but he makes stupid plays weekly and the line isn't helping him.

Romo is too inconsistent. He's got the talent, but seems to suffer from crunch dyspepsia. He either doubts his ability in tight situations, or gets cocky and just plain blows it. The cowboys have a great defense, but the secondary needs a little work. The offense is a tad predicatable and Romo as you said needs a QB coach to mentor him.
You guys NEED to get Roger to come in and teach him everything he knows. He's made enough money in real estate. Better yet, get Troy out of the broadcast booth and have HIM work with him.

Marcus
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Now, can you just imagine Bill Cowher wanting to be the Cowboys HC, with Jones looking over his shoulder?

NOT!

He'd coach the Texans before he'd sacrifice his dignity to be Jones' little puppet.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Romo is too inconsistent. He's got the talent, but seems to suffer from crunch dyspepsia. He either doubts his ability in tight situations, or gets cocky and just plain blows it. The cowboys have a great defense, but the secondary needs a little work. The offense is a tad predicatable and Romo as you said needs a QB coach to mentor him.
You guys NEED to get Roger to come in and teach him everything he knows. He's made enough money in real estate. Better yet, get Troy out of the broadcast booth and have HIM work with him.

True. I'm just not sure where the heart, discipline, etc comes in...except coaching. But I'm not sure if some of the offensive guys really care enough.

GuerillaBlack
12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I have thought for some weeks that Wade was definitely gone.

Garrett has been a huge disappointment this year. Particularly since he's making something like 3 million. Definitely money not well spent.

I believe the money for Garrett came straight out of Jones' pocket, so its all good.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I know he thinks big names fill seasts but not nearly well as winning and advancing in the playoffs. Team has crazy talent but I think Wade has lost the team and TO has become a distraction.

I guess the bigger question is IF he does fire Phillips who does he hire? Does he throw a busload of money at Cowher? Marty ball in Dallas? I'd LOVE to see him crawl to asking Jimmy back and what he could do with all that talent. All I know is he's going to want a big name.

Marty's name is being tossed around in KC according to one of the pregame shows.

Cowher seems to be happy doing what he's doing. For another year at least anyway.

Jerry would never go back to Jimmy because he knows Jimmy wouldn't come back; he's said that so many times. He has a nice cushy job working for FOX and I guess he's still yachting in his spare time.

DiehardChris
No way any coach with self-respect would coach the Cowboys as long as JJ is in charge.

Dread-Head
True. I'm just not sure where the heart, discipline, etc comes in...except coaching. But I'm not sure if some of the offensive guys really care enough.

If Jones backed the hell up and simply let Parcells coach he'd still be over that team and you'd be in the play offs right now. Jones allows the prima donnas to BE prima donnas and is bad for overall team cohesion. Parcells runs a tight ship and Jones as an owner is too hands on. If you want to micromanage your football team, name yourself "Owner/General Manager/President of Football Operations and Head Coach" and just get it over with or be prepared for more games like todays.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM

Roger is a smart man. That's why he went into a situation after retiring that offered him the opportunity to make millions instead of the topsy turvy world of football. What Roger had I don't think you can teach anyway.

Believe me Troy wants no part of working for Jerry again. He's no coach.

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Eagles 44

Cowboys 6

This is sent out to Jerry Jones who GUARANTEED the Cowboys would be in the playoffs this year....ahem (clears throat)

DENIED LIZZARD KING!!!

:zipit: (to the tune of Beck's Loser) Ohhh...I am such a dork....I'm a lizzard baby!...so why don't you kill me? Go crazy with the cheese whiz!

happy birthday...to me....happy birthday... to me...:lol:

Pantherstang84
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM
If Jones backed the hell up and simply let Parcells coach he'd still be over that team and you'd be in the play offs right now. Jones allows the prima donnas to BE prima donnas and is bad for overall team cohesion. Parcells runs a tight ship and Jones as an owner is too hands on. If you want to micromanage your football team, name yourself "Owner/General Manager/President of Football Operations and Head Coach" and just get it over with or be prepared for more games like todays.

Amen.

However, I loved watching the Eagles spanking Cowgirl butt.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM

That is what I don't get about Jerry. He is a great owner from a money/signing/passion wise side but he has only succeeded football wise with the right coach/GM in place so I'm not sure why his pride will continue to let him go through more mediocrity while other teams get better. I thought he had figured out with Parcells but Parcells failed from a coaching standpoint because the players didn't fit his style. His words went over the heads of primma donnas and the act wore thin...drafted well though. They desperately need a football guy who matches talent with coach and makes TEAM

axman40
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Romo hates December!
:specnatz:

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 07:32 PM
That is what I don't get about Jerry. He is a great owner from a money/signing/passion wise side but he has only succeeded football wise with the right coach/GM in place so I'm not sure why his pride will continue to let him go through more mediocrity while other teams get better. I thought he had figured out with Parcells but Parcells failed from a coaching standpoint because the players didn't fit his style. His words went over the heads of primma donnas and the act wore thin...drafted well though. They desperately need a football guy who matches talent with coach and makes TEAM

Jerry played football at Oklahoma. He knows something about the game and owning the Cowboys was his lifetime dream which he realized. His problem is he chooses to run the Cowboys like every business he owns. He hires competent people then micromanages them until they say "F you" and quit. He embarrasses his coaches by calling them out in front of the media which undermines their authority in the eyes of the players. He needs to hire coaches and simply let them do their job.
T.O. only looks out for T.O. Pac-man only looks out for Pac-man. Romo looks out for Paparazzi and hot blondes. These guys need to focus MORE on the Team dynamic. As much as I HATED Michael Irvin. He put the team first. He was a prima donna, but in crunch time he was going to come through.
These cats need to spend the off season looking into a mirror and asking if they play football for fortune or glory. Fortune hunters want money. Glory hounds want Superbowl rings and gold Jackets when they retire. it starts at the top and seeps down like melting snow finds its way into a river.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Jerry played football at Oklahoma. He knows something about the game and owning the Cowboys was his lifetime dream which he realized. His problem is he chooses to run the Cowboys like every business he owns. He hires competent people then micromanages them until they say "F you" and quit. He embarrasses his coaches by calling them out in front of the media which undermines their authority in the eyes of the players. He needs to hire coaches and simply let them do their job.
T.O. only looks out for T.O. Pac-man only looks out for Pac-man. Romo looks out for Paparazzi and hot blondes. These guys need to focus MORE on the Team dynamic. As much as I HATED Michael Irvin. He put the team first. He was a prima donna, but in crunch time he was going to come through.
These cats need to spend the off season looking into a mirror and asking if they play football for fortune or glory. Fortune hunters want money. Glory hounds want Superbowl rings and gold Jackets when they retire. it starts at the top and seeps down like melting snow finds its way into a river.

Jerry was an undersized O lineman at Arkansas under Frank Broyles. Same as Jimmy.

Scooter
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
best. game. EVER!

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Jerry was an undersized O lineman at Arkansas under Frank Broyles. Same as Jimmy.

He played at Arkansas? I always thought he was with Oklahoma. Thanks.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
He played at Arkansas? I always thought he was with Oklahoma. Thanks.

He and Jimmy and I think even Switzer were Razorbacks.

Jimmy and Jerry were roommates on the road.

Troy played for Oklahoma for a year.

Marcus
12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
That is what I don't get about Jerry. He is a great owner from a money/signing/passion wise side but he has only succeeded football wise with the right coach/GM in place so I'm not sure why his pride will continue to let him go through mor If e mediocrity while other teams get better. I thought he had figured out with Parcells but Parcells failed from a coaching standpoint because the players didn't fit his style. His words went over the heads of primma donnas and the act wore thin...drafted well though. They desperately need a football guy who matches talent with coach and makes TEAM

One word.

Ego. if it weren't Jerry's ego, Jimmy Johnson would still be the coach.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 07:56 PM
One word.

Oh no way...Jimmy was ready to leave when he left and he would never have coached ANYWHERE this long. He's no Jeff Fisher.

Jimmy was there for what 4- 5 years. That's about how long he has interest. He was as ready to move on as Jerry was ready to push him out the door.

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
One word.

Someone should mug Barry Switzer and give Jimmy Johnson HIS Superbowl ring.

The1ApplePie
12-28-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan but it was hilarious to see Romo basically flip off Wade.

The punt team comming on and Romo telling them to "**** off" was great

A Parcells man should have followed the Tuna, not a fat guy that is half Southern Stereotype, half singing robotic bear.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh no way...Jimmy was ready to leave when he left and he would never have coached ANYWHERE this long. He's no Jeff Fisher.

Jimmy was there for what 4- 5 years. That's about how long he has interest. He was as ready to move on as Jerry was ready to push him out the door.

Rght. Which makes me respect Jimmy even more. He knows how to get things done and knew what was going on with Jerry so he moved on. I think he also figured out that the league was becoming full of more guys who wouldn't accept his message. He would make a great GM right now.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Rght. Which makes me respect Jimmy even more. He knows how to get things done and knew what was going on with Jerry so he moved on. I think he also figured out that the league was becoming full of more guys who wouldn't accept his message. He would make a great GM right now.

Jimmy was ready to leave...he was tossing out the Jacksonville job in interviews before Jerry "fired" him. Now he and Jerry have been friends since college so he knew what buttons to push with Jerry. He's a smart guy. I think he got 2 million dollars or something like that to leave. Nice severance pay.

All this Jimmy talk makes me laugh. So many of the players couldn't stand him. Stepnowski said there was nobody missing Jimmy when he left because he was such a strict guy with them. He knew about Michael's off the field problems, Nate's too and he traded for Charles Haley who pissed in a teammates car once just because he wanted to.

I respected Jimmy as a football coach and that's about it. Off the field at that time he was cold and a very poor father and husband. I understand he's since changed and thank God for that.

WWJD
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan but it was hilarious to see Romo basically flip off Wade.

The punt team comming on and Romo telling them to "**** off" was great

A Parcells man should have followed the Tuna, not a fat guy that is half Southern Stereotype, half singing robotic bear.

And there is the problem. The coach is the boss right? So Wade should be the one telling Tony this is what we do; not the other way around.

The1ApplePie
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
And there is the problem. The coach is the boss right? So Wade should be the one telling Tony this is what we do; not the other way around.

You can make some monster teams out of misfits
1980s NY Giants
1990s Cowboys
2000s Patriots

But you have to have a dictator as a coach to make it work

Wade is a joke and the team respondes to it

Pantherstang84
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM

Absolutely. In Jerrahland, the inmates run the asylum.

HoustonFrog
12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Jimmy was ready to leave...he was tossing out the Jacksonville job in interviews before Jerry "fired" him. Now he and Jerry have been friends since college so he knew what buttons to push with Jerry. He's a smart guy. I think he got 2 million dollars or something like that to leave. Nice severance pay.

All this Jimmy talk makes me laugh. So many of the players couldn't stand him. Stepnowski said there was nobody missing Jimmy when he left because he was such a strict guy with them. He knew about Michael's off the field problems, Nate's too and he traded for Charles Haley who pissed in a teammates car once just because he wanted to.

I respected Jimmy as a football coach and that's about it. Off the field at that time he was cold and a very poor father and husband. I understand he's since changed and thank God for that.

As for the second part, I had read the same. According to the recent book he would get buzzed on team flights and would berate players even after wins because they didn't play well. I like the mentality but players hated him at the time. His life was football and he neglected other areas. But I would be lying if I didn't love the guy when he coached because hate or not he pushed the right buttons. Parcells did too with players on the Giants and NE. I think that there is just a certain memtality where players want to puch themselves to have these type coaches paraise them...like a parent. I'm not saying all coaches have to be like that...just some successful ones have been like it.

Wolf
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
this says it about this team
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/418/romochokeszz5.jpg

WWJD
12-28-2008, 09:28 PM
As for the second part, I had read the same. According to the recent book he would get buzzed on team flights and would berate players even after wins because they didn't play well. I like the mentality but players hated him at the time. His life was football and he neglected other areas. But I would be lying if I didn't love the guy when he coached because hate or not he pushed the right buttons. Parcells did too with players on the Giants and NE. I think that there is just a certain memtality where players want to puch themselves to have these type coaches paraise them...like a parent. I'm not saying all coaches have to be like that...just some successful ones have been like it.

Yea no doubt Jimmy is a fine coach with all the proper ingredients and chemistry. He overlooked alot when it was "his" guys involved but I guess that's just human nature. He's one of those guys you don't want mad at you.

Wolf
12-28-2008, 10:37 PM
“I want to thank the Raiders and Texans,” Reid said. “They did a heck of a job.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=Ajmuy9Pzsy133TSO7B6rk3w5nYcB?gid=200812 28021&prov=ap

axman40
12-28-2008, 10:43 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081229/capt.912207fc15c744138d034e119adb6287.cowboys_eagl es_football_patm108.jpg?x=180&y=200&xc=1&yc=1&wc=209&hc=232&q=70&sig=pf6OuxpMuFh57r7.JGxRXA-- (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo;_ylt=Aoh66aSHMzWbFMgIUnwrI1gisLYF?slug=91220 7fc15c744138d034e119adb6287.cowboys_eagles_footbal l_patm108&prov=ap) Dallas Cowboys quarterback Ton…
AP - Dec 28, 8:11 pm EST

When I suck , I Really SUCK!
:thisbig:

Mailman
12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
“I want to thank the Raiders and Texans,” Reid said. “They did a heck of a job.”

Finally, someone else said it.

:fans:

Dread-Head
12-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Finally, someone else said it.

:fans:

What AMAZED me was the fact that there was ONE man who knew the outcome of today's game before kickoff. Texan Bill, Brakos 82, Guerilla Black, Illini Jinni, myself, Vinny and a few others in here took heed of this venereble sage's foretelling of a bleak afternoon for the Dallas faithful. When he spoke of Dallas' play off hopes he said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Sadly the Dallas faithful would not have listened to his warning even if he delivered it directly to them.

Wolf
12-29-2008, 12:43 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/122908dnspowatkins.3d9daec.html

PHILADELPHIA – The season is over, and Tony Romo and Terrell Owens, the two biggest stars of the Cowboys' offense, have a message for offensive coordinator Jason Garrett:

Make some changes.

Both players talked about what the offense wasn't doing following an embarrassing loss to Philadelphia at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday.

Owens talked about diversity and getting playmakers the ball.

Romo questioned the scheme and said the offense needed to make adjustments when defenses do.

"They exposed us," Romo said of the Eagles. "It's something that we do fundamentally offensively, and so give them credit."

The Cowboys finished the season averaging 344.5 yards per game and 5.6 yards per play.

Last season, the Cowboys averaged 365.7 yards per game and 6.0 yards per play.

That's part of the reason the Cowboys finished 13-3.

This season, the Cowboys will miss the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

"I definitely know there need to be some changes in regards of getting some guys involved and just putting guys in position to win," Owens said. "And it all starts with the guy who is calling the plays."

mods please merge this with the cowboy-eagles thread, I should have put that with that thread

dtran04
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Jason Garrett could have chosen any job last year. Talk about a drop in stock.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
12-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh, I just want to crawl in a hole forever. What a nightmare. Another 6 months... Oh my God.

StarStruck
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Oh, I just want to crawl in a hole forever. What a nightmare. Another 6 months... Oh my God.

This too shall pass. We are down, but the adversity will make us stronger. By the time we get adjusted to the move into the new house, preseason will be over and the Cowboys will be ready play up to their potential.:)

Hervoyel
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
This too shall pass. We are down, but the adversity will make us stronger. By the time we get adjusted to the move into the new house, preseason will be over and the Cowboys will be ready play up to their potential.:)

If adversity really made a fan stronger the average Texans fan would look like a Battle-Red version of The Incredible Hulk by now.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I never knew that huge of a 'can of quit' existed...

HOU-TEX
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
It was a very good day yesterday. The Texans dominate the final 3 quarters offensively to pull out a W. The tits got *****-slapped (yes, I know they were backups) and the Girls were throttled from the initial kickoff to the final whistle.

*Awaits patiently for some sort of self-destruction in the cowboys organization*

nunusguy
12-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Jason Garrett could have chosen any job last year. Talk about a drop in stock.
Sounds like my year in the stock market. If I'd have know then what ......

Dread-Head
12-29-2008, 12:47 PM

(hug)

Now that the smoke has cleared. You hate to see anyone brutalized that completely. We Texan fans (who were oiler fans) have witnessed @ss whippings of historic proportions. All I can say to you die hard Dallas fans (and I mean this sincerely) is:

1. DO NOT dwell on this. It will eat you alive if you let it.

2. Don't speak of this game ever again. Let it be known as the "Philadelphia incident."

3. Ignore sports talk shows for a week. After our own (Northern NY incident) Sports talk guys were merciless and called it both the "Greatest special teams meltdown ever" and the "Greatest come from behind victory." Ironically the same chumps lost to the Cowboys in the Superbowl that year.

4. Spend the next couple of weeks investing yourselves in interest other than football until the pain subsides. It'll never completely go away, it'll always be there but let it slowly decrease in size on it's own.

For my own part given how disgusted you guys have to be feeling collectively, I'll do my best NOT to say anything disparaging about your team. Have a still drink and try to let this one go.

Question: How do you KNOW when things are seriously jacked up?

Answer: When the dreadlocked jester becomes the voice of reason and is NICE to Cowboy fans.

Don't worry people. Like the charming lady from Mo city said..."This too shall pass."

Maddict5
12-29-2008, 12:49 PM
after choking the game away as usual, romo physically choked in the showers afterwards

Dread-Head
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
It was a very good day yesterday. The Texans dominate the final 3 quarters offensively to pull out a W. The tits got *****-slapped (yes, I know they were backups) and the Girls were throttled from the initial kickoff to the final whistle.

*Awaits patiently for some sort of self-destruction in the cowboys organization*

Man, I'm really glad Shuko doesn't read this board.

WWJD
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
(hug)

Now that the smoke has cleared. You hate to see anyone brutalized that completely. We Texan fans (who were oiler fans) have witnessed @ss whippings of historic proportions. All I can say to you die hard Dallas fans (and I mean this sincerely) is:

2. Don't speak of this game ever again. Let it be known as the "Philadelphia incident."

3. Ignore sports talk shows for a week. After our own (Northern NY incident) Sports talk guys were merciless and called it both the "Greatest special teams meltdown ever" and the "Greatest come from behind victory." Ironically the same chumps lost to the Cowboys in the Superbowl that year.

4. Spend the next couple of weeks investing yourselves in interest other than football until the pain subsides. It'll never completely go away, it'll always be there but let it slowly decrease in size on it's own.

For my own part given how disgusted you guys have to be feeling collectively, I'll do my best NOT to say anything disparaging about your team. Have a still drink and try to let this one go.

Answer: When the dreadlocked jester becomes the voice of reason and is NICE to Cowboy fans.

Don't worry people. Like the charming lady from Mo city said..."This too shall pass."

I can only speak for myself but I sat thru a 1-15 season game after game..heat, cold...and I ended up ok. I vent for a few days and am done with it. It's become norm for the Cowboys although they don't normally lose in such epic fashion.

They've done nothing of any worth for many years so what's the loss? It's just normal times!

HowBoutThemCowboys!
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
(hug)

No offense dreadhead, but the Texans have just flat out sucked. The stuff Cowboy fans have had to deal with in December is far worst than anything you've experienced as a Texan fan. One and done after a 13-3 season, bobbling a field goal attempt after outplaying the other team, the list goes on. I will create a list for you when the Texans experience their first postseason heartbreaker.

But I appreciate your concern.

stingray
12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
No offense dreadhead, but the Texans have just flat out sucked. The stuff Cowboy fans have had to deal with in December is far worst than anything you've experienced as a Texan fan. One and done after a 13-3 season, bobbling a field goal attempt after outplaying the other team, the list goes on. I will create a list for you when the Texans experience their first postseason heartbreaker.

He did mention (Texans Fans who were Oilers fans). I don't think anything can beat the 93 Buffalo fiasco.

StarStruck
12-31-2008, 01:08 AM
He did mention (Texans Fans who were Oilers fans). I don't think anything can beat the 93 Buffalo fiasco.

Even as a Cowboys fan, I will be the first to admit that the Buffalo game was certainly one that will take a lot to top. I recall one of my former employer's best customer was headquartered in Buffalo and sent my boss a T-shirt with the scoring drive listed on the back from was it 35-3(?) on down to the outcome.

Texan_Bill
12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

No offense, but the Cowboys have just flat out sucked too.

WWJD
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Last years Cowboys team was far better than this years..I'd take that 4th quarter loss any day of the week over being totally creamed by the Eagles. At least they were in it last year.

Which begs me to ask how Jerry could keep a coach that has actually regressed?

If he had a brain cell that wasn't pickled he'd be on that phone today calling Shanahan, calling Cowher, calling ANYBODY for a job interview.

Jerry is maybe one of the worse, if not the worse, GM's in the NFL. Matt Millen had him beat but he's gone so I give that trophy to Jerry.

Wade is no Bum!

HoustonFrog
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Last years Cowboys team was far better than this years..I'd take that 4th quarter loss any day of the week over being totally creamed by the Eagles. At least they were in it last year.

Which begs me to ask how Jerry could keep a coach that has actually regressed?

If he had a brain cell that wasn't pickled he'd be on that phone today calling Shanahan, calling Cowher, calling ANYBODY for a job interview.

Jerry is maybe one of the worse, if not the worse, GM's in the NFL. Matt Millen had him beat but he's gone so I give that trophy to Jerry.

Wade is no Bum!

WWJD, I become more depressed by the day as I read the Cowboys blog on the DMN. Not only is Michael Irvin. Troy Aikman and current players calling out the scheme, the effort and the coaching but outsoders like Cris Carter and Terrell Davis are pretty harsh in their assessments. Yet with all of this going on and all of the turmoil Jerry said on Norm's show yesterday that he likes the scheme, the direction and where things are going. I really think he is slowly turning denser by the day and there is no way we can stop it.

FirstTexansFan
12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
I really think he is slowly turning denser by the day and there is no way we can stop it.

A successful Valkyrie operation is the only answer :)

HoustonFrog
12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
A successful Valkyrie operation is the only answer :)

Maybe a group of us Cowboy fans can gather his old skin, make a "Bizarro Jerry" and replace the real Jerry. Bizarro Jerry still uses his money skills but gives up all power to good coaches and to a GM with a track record. HMMMMM

Señor Stan
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe a group of us Cowboy fans can gather his old skin, make a "Bizarro Jerry" and replace the real Jerry. Bizarro Jerry still uses his money skills but gives up all power to good coaches and to a GM with a track record. HMMMMM

Jerry Jones is a jogging suit and gold chain away from being Al Davis. Enjoy the another 20-30 years of old yella teeth.

WWJD
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
WWJD, I become more depressed by the day as I read the Cowboys blog on the DMN. Not only is Michael Irvin. Troy Aikman and current players calling out the scheme, the effort and the coaching but outsoders like Cris Carter and Terrell Davis are pretty harsh in their assessments. Yet with all of this going on and all of the turmoil Jerry said on Norm's show yesterday that he likes the scheme, the direction and where things are going. I really think he is slowly turning denser by the day and there is no way we can stop it.

I will PM you soon and tell you what was passed on to me that a HOF ex Cowboy said...Michael has a show on the ESPN there in Dallas...his analysis is less than steller but I guess it's worth listening to. He's big pals with and a backer of TO so I'm not sure he can be fair.

The Cowboys deserve whatever they are getting.

WWJD
12-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Jerry Jones is a jogging suit and gold chain away from being Al Davis. Enjoy the another 20-30 years of old yella teeth.

Jerry doesn't have another 20-30 years of life left..goodness.

Second Honeymoon
12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
The Cowboys need to get back to basics and stop trying to force the ball to Owens. TO has got to go and it won't hurt the Cowboys one bit either on the field or payroll.

Cowboys Steps To Success in 2009 (in order of importance)
1. Get rid of Terrell Owens.
2. Get rid of Adam Jones.
3. Get rid of Wade Phillips. Hire Cowher, Schottenheimer, or Shanahan.
4. Get rid of Jason Garrett. Replace with whoever new Head Coach brings in.
5. Get back to running the ball with Barber, Felix Jones, and Choice.
6. Jerry needs to stay off the sidelines (he has been doing better lately)

I really think Shanahan being fired could be the lucky break that Jones needs to have an excuse to go back on his word about not hiring new coaching.

WWJD
12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
The Cowboys need to get back to basics and stop trying to force the ball to Owens. TO has got to go and it won't hurt the Cowboys one bit either on the field or payroll.

I agree with every one of your points. TO has got to go..unfortunately if they keep Wade I don't think he will.

I would definitely go after Cowher or the others...

Jason Garrett's luster is off and he's been exposed. Time to move on.

With Felix back next year they have a good group of RB's.

They should never have even had PacMan. He's useless. Jerry was dumb to even go there.

I'd be all for Jerry being in a different country game time. That's never going to happen but would be my preference.

HoustonFrog
12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
I agree with every one of your points. TO has got to go..unfortunately if they keep Wade I don't think he will.

I would definitely go after Cowher or the others...

Jason Garrett's luster is off and he's been exposed. Time to move on.

With Felix back next year they have a good group of RB's.

They should never have even had PacMan. He's useless. Jerry was dumb to even go there.

I'd be all for Jerry being in a different country game time. That's never going to happen but would be my preference.

No matter what side of the fence you fall on with TO...good/misunderstood guy or bad guy...he has to go. I think Romo's development has definitely suffered because of TO. I think all the talk makes him pat to force it to whomever is complaining.

Felix should make a huge difference. That guy scared people and was a huge loss. However, from what I read, he is still hobbling alot so I hope he comes back from the surgery is good shape.

GuerillaBlack
12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Jerry doesn't have another 20-30 years of life left..goodness.

It's already been confirmed that Jerry Jones is a robot. A robot with botox.

HoustonFrog
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Well they did one thing right...they fired the worst Special Teams coach in the league Bruce Read. I mean return yardage for other teams was off the charts

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/bruce-read-out.html

It shouldn't come as much of a surprise but special teams coach Bruce Read has been fired.

Read's two years with the Cowboys were met with inconsistent to poor special teams play from the coverage units to the return game. It's believed he had a year left on his contract.

We'll have more on this in a bit.

WWJD
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Well they did one thing right...they fired the worst Special Teams coach in the league Bruce Read. I mean return yardage for other teams was off the charts

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/bruce-read-out.html

Good. Can Wade be talked into going as well?

Dread-Head
12-31-2008, 10:42 PM

You might want to re-read that post pal. Prior to being a Texan fan I WAS an Oiler fan. I remember watching:

a. the Tyler Rose running through the Miami Dolphins on a Monday night when they ripped the jersey from his back.

b. Vernon Perry intercept Dan Fouts four times to bring the Oilers to a game in Pittsburgh where referees apparently didn't see Mike Renfroe's feet clearly land in the end zone as an Oiler trip to the Superbowl was taken away.

c. I remember seeing my oilers lose in the first and second round of the play offs year after year until finally in a game which I won't mention special teams blew a 35 point lead to deprive Mr. Warren Moon of his best chance of leading Houston to a Superbowl win.

I know exactly how you feel right about now as I felt the exact same way after that game in upstate New York which I won't mention. Please don't tell me I don't what you're going through. It insults us both. The only difference between the game in upstate New York which I shall not mention and what happened to your team in Philly is The Oilers at one point HAD the lead only to see it slip away.
I guess you're right. MY team was actually IN that game. Oiler receivers actually made it into the end zone. Mr Warren Moon actually threw a couple of touch downs. My heart break was a humiliating come from behind loss, YOURS was a deep, down home, country boy, what you say about my mama, where's my G-d@mned money @$$ WHIPPING! I guess I can't relate. You're right I don't know enough and haven't experienced enough as a football fan to attempt to be magnanimous. I was only an Oiler fan from 1979 until they deserted us. You were what maybe 9-9 when the Cowboy won those two Superbowls and were GIVEN the third one by Neil O'Donnell? The Oiler team which I cheered for was a TEAM and not a group of prima donnas and fortune hunters who would trade in their Metallic silver pants and helmets for a bigger check. My bad. I appologize for speaking out of turn.

Dread-Head
12-31-2008, 10:50 PM

I hereby motion that the AFC Playoff game in Buffalo henceforth be mentioned as the "Northern New York Incident" and scarcely mentioned. All in favor?

Marcus
12-31-2008, 11:50 PM
I hereby motion that the AFC Playoff game in Buffalo henceforth be mentioned as the "Northern New York Incident" and scarcely mentioned. All in favor?

Well, if this is a yay nay vote, I vote a big fat . . . NAY.

HoustonFrog
01-01-2009, 10:20 AM
You were what maybe 9-9 when the Cowboy won those two Superbowls and were GIVEN the third one by Neil O'Donnell? The Oiler team which I cheered for was a TEAM and not a group of prima donnas and fortune hunters who would trade in their Metallic silver pants and helmets for a bigger check. My bad. I appologize for speaking out of turn.

Again, O'Donell didn't give them a SB. The Cowboys were still winning legit for most of the games. Part of the game is turnovers. If someone is too chump to win the big one after getting the team there that is their problem. Kind of like blowing a 35-3 lead...which was horrible to me too. There are many other QBs in the history of the SB that took dumps on the big stage. I'm also not sure what your last statement implies, unless you are talking about this past seasons team.

Showtime100
01-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, if this is a yay nay vote, I vote a big fat . . . NAY.

I'll vote NAY as well. Hell, it isn't even northern NY, western NY, but not northern NY.

infantrycak
01-01-2009, 10:45 AM
The Oiler team which I cheered for was a TEAM and not a group of prima donnas and fortune hunters who would trade in their Metallic silver pants and helmets for a bigger check. My bad. I appologize for speaking out of turn.

Geez this anti-Cowboy stuff gets tiresome at times. That Cowboys team is in the top 5 TEAMS ever. So Deion and Michael were flashy and obnoxious. Big deal. I guess they didn't live up to the Oiler standard of beating their wife to make the news.

Top 5 (actually top 3 except on one side of one year) on both scoring O and D for four years running. That's a team Houston fans should be aspiring to, not denigrating.

WWJD
01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Deion still looks like he could play..the guy never ages.

He said though that teams don't need chemistry to be good...huh? That I don't agree with.

Showtime100
01-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Deion still looks like he could play..the guy never ages.

He said though that teams don't need chemistry to be good...huh? That I don't agree with.

He must have gotten that philosophy from his days with the Yankees. :D

WWJD
01-01-2009, 11:44 AM
He must have gotten that philosophy from his days with the Yankees. :D

I have to admit I didn't watch the whole segment he was on so maybe I missed something but he definitely said teams don't need chemistry to be successful...of course I take that in the context it is given...he's friendly with TO so he knows that TO destroys team chemistry.

HoustonFrog
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I have to admit I didn't watch the whole segment he was on so maybe I missed something but he definitely said teams don't need chemistry to be successful...of course I take that in the context it is given...he's friendly with TO so he knows that TO destroys team chemistry.

Well Aikman and Irvin and others talked about team chemistry. Deion agreed with Jerry. I'll take the Aikman and Irvins opinion.

Geez this anti-Cowboy stuff gets tiresome at times. That Cowboys team is in the top 5 TEAMS ever. So Deion and Michael were flashy and obnoxious. Big deal. I guess they didn't live up to the Oiler standard of beating their wife to make the news.

Top 5 (actually top 3 except on one side of one year) on both scoring O and D for four years running. That's a team Houston fans should be aspiring to, not denigrating.

Thanks for saying it. I'm not sure if people realize that it defeats the opinion they always throw at me...that Cowboy fans are obnoxious at times.

WWJD
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Deion and Michael must be good friends with TO...they both take his side every single time it seems...at least the stuff I see anyway.

Brando
01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Well Aikman and Irvin and others talked about team chemistry. Deion agreed with Jerry. I'll take the Aikman and Irvins opinion.

Thanks for saying it. I'm not sure if people realize that it defeats the opinion they always throw at me...that Cowboy fans are obnoxious at times.

I can understand the people that hate the Cowboys because to be honest I used to be one. Not the Cowboys as a whole but Jerry Jones and most of the fans but not you Frog. I have met a couple of great Cowboys fans here in Corpus Christi but I think it's the majority of the ones from Houston that are obnoxious and are the fans that rub the people the wrong way. Living in Corpus and meeting you and others on the board opened my eyes and made me realize Cowboys fans aren't that bad overall but maybe the Cowboy fans from Houston. I can definitely understand the hatred to those fans.

There are a few here in Corpus Christi that I don't like don't get me wrong. Some have the Cowboys Hater shirt that has a hand sticking the middle finger at the "haters".

Whatever happened to the poster named "Huge"?

Dread-Head
01-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Again, O'Donell didn't give them a SB. The Cowboys were still winning legit for most of the games. Part of the game is turnovers. If someone is too chump to win the big one after getting the team there that is their problem. Kind of like blowing a 35-3 lead...which was horrible to me too. There are many other QBs in the history of the SB that took dumps on the big stage. I'm also not sure what your last statement implies, unless you are talking about this past seasons team.

BULL *MOTHER-TRUCKIN' $H:T! The Steelers HAD that game. If you're a QB and throw 3 interceptions to the SAME guy on 3 CONSECUTIVE possessions and that guy gets the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER then one of the following has occurred. Either:

a. You've received a SUITCASE full of money from a lizzard faced old man to throw the biggest game of your entire life.

b. You're some overrated High school QB who should have never been in the pros.

c. You're the most generous muff-hugga on the PLANET and gave away a superbowl.

Turn overs are part of the game, but THREE...to the SAME GUY on three consecutive possessions? GIFT! O'Donnell's career as a Steeler ended after that and he REMAINS one of the MOST HATED men to ever WEAR the black and gold.
The Cowboys were a good team that season...but implying they weren't LUCKY in that game to me says that your generation obviously doesn't "just say no" to hallucinogens. If Daryl Brown was so great, then why did the Cowboys cut him the following season? Both O'Donnell and Brown ended their careers unceremoniously. One knowing he was the had one of the luckiest nights since James "Buster" Douglas did in Tokyo when he knocked out Mike Tyson and the other Knowing that he had DISGRACED the black and gold.
And yeah kid. The egomaniacs, prima-donnas and fortune hunters I was referring to were THIS season's Cowboys...and you know I'm right.

*Polychronopolous

Dread-Head
01-01-2009, 08:53 PM

I really think Shanahan being fired could be the lucky break that Jones needs to have an excuse to go back on his word about not hiring new coaching.

Cowher would never be able to show his face in Pittsburgh again if he took the job. But he WOULD get to visit the Lombardi trophy that Neil O'Donnell gave away.

Dread-Head
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll vote NAY as well. Hell, it isn't even northern NY, western NY, but not northern NY.

Sorry...but if I can WALK into CANADA from it...It's North to me.

WWJD
01-01-2009, 10:31 PM
BULL *MOTHER-TRUCKIN' $H:T! The Steelers HAD that game. If you're a QB and throw 3 interceptions to the SAME guy on 3 CONSECUTIVE possessions and that guy gets the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER then one of the following has occurred. Either:

a. You've received a SUITCASE full of money from a lizzard faced old man to throw the biggest game of your entire life.

b. You're some overrated High school QB who should have never been in the pros.

c. You're the most generous muff-hugga on the PLANET and gave away a superbowl.

Turn overs are part of the game, but THREE...to the SAME GUY on three consecutive possessions? GIFT! O'Donnell's career as a Steeler ended after that and he REMAINS one of the MOST HATED men to ever WEAR the black and gold.
The Cowboys were a good team that season...but implying they weren't LUCKY in that game to me says that your generation obviously doesn't "just say no" to hallucinogens. If Daryl Brown was so great, then why did the Cowboys cut him the following season? Both O'Donnell and Brown ended their careers unceremoniously. One knowing he was the had one of the luckiest nights since James "Buster" Douglas did in Tokyo when he knocked out Mike Tyson and the other Knowing that he had DISGRACED the black and gold.
And yeah kid. The egomaniacs, prima-donnas and fortune hunters I was referring to were THIS season's Cowboys...and you know I'm right.

*Polychronopolous

Check the name there...that would be Larry Brown. Daryl must be his long lost cuz. And Larry only had 2 interceptions that game....and the Cowboys didn't cut him. He became a free agent and was signed by a very lucrative contract by the Raiders I think. The Cowboys couldn't afford him any longer but they didn't cut him.

I remember a game where Jackie Smith dropped a sure TD pass in the endzone against that same Steelers franchise....Cowboys didn't get so "lucky" that day.

HoustonFrog
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Check the name there...that would be Larry Brown. Daryl must be his long lost cuz. And Larry only had 2 interceptions that game....and the Cowboys didn't cut him. He became a free agent and was signed by a very lucrative contract by the Raiders I think. The Cowboys couldn't afford him any longer but they didn't cut him.

I remember a game where Jackie Smith dropped a sure TD pass in the endzone against that same Steelers franchise....Cowboys didn't get so "lucky" that day.

Thanks for the corrections. Beat me to it. I guess when you despise a team, the exaggerations get bigger by the day. Not only was it Larry Brown but he actually was a TCU guy who was a surprise late rounder...12th rounder when they had more rounds.. and who started and played well for them and was the starting corner for ALL THREE SB teams. So please get your stuff straight DH.

Also, Dallas' "pretty good team that year ended the year at 15-4 and took down Favre and the Pack in the NFC championship game. Also, Dallas scored on their first 3 drives of the game, taking a 13-0 lead. The Steelers played from behind all day and used a surprise onsides kick to just get within 3 before the last int. At the time O"Donnell was the NFL leader for least interceptions per pass attempt. He also threw 49 times that game...which would be cause for more mistakes and for the DBs to be able to jump passes. O'Donnell was also their starter for 5 years and made the 1992 Pro Bowl. So he wasn't a joke.

Besides all of that I'm not sure what you have.

stingray
01-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the corrections. Beat me to it. I guess when you despise a team, the exaggerations get bigger by the day. Not only was it Larry Brown but he actually was a TCU guy who was a surprise late rounder...12th rounder when they had more rounds.. and who started and played well for them and was the starting corner for ALL THREE SB teams. So please get your stuff straight DH.

Also, Dallas' "pretty good team that year ended the year at 15-4 and took down Favre and the Pack in the NFC championship game. Also, Dallas scored on their first 3 drives of the game, taking a 13-0 lead. The Steelers played from behind all day and used a surprise onsides kick to just get within 3 before the last int. At the time O"Donnell was the NFL leader for least interceptions per pass attempt. He also threw 49 times that game...which would be cause for more mistakes and for the DBs to be able to jump passes. O'Donnell was also their starter for 5 years and made the 1992 Pro Bowl. So he wasn't a joke.

Besides all of that I'm not sure what you have.

Yeah, I remember Dallas pretty much in control of the game with the Steelers making a comeback but turning the ball over. The cowboys were the better team and came out on top. I don't like the cowboys but you have to give hem their due. Those teams were pretty damn special.

HoustonFrog
01-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I remember Dallas pretty much in control of the game with the Steelers making a comeback but turning the ball over. The cowboys were the better team and came out on top. I don't like the cowboys but you have to give hem their due. Those teams were pretty damn special.

Exactly. His interceptions aided in the win but the fact was...as I pointed out, he threw 49 times and they were constantly down in the 6-13 point range. The first was in the 3rd quarter...the 2nd was in the 4th in their own territory late in the 4th. There was a third but it was a last second heave type thing. Bam Morris was their leading rusher. So it wasn't like he just threw the game away and the Cowboys didn't deserve it.

Dread-Head
01-02-2009, 01:08 AM
LUCK Neil O'Donnell was a joke. What happened to his career after that game? Straight into the toilet. I Never implied that the Cowboys didn't deserve to BE in that Superbowl NOR that they didn't deserve the two Superbowls that the 90's team legitimately won outright, but gents you will NEVER convince me at GUN POINT that O'Donnell didn't give that one away.

But hey I'm sure you Cowboy fans love the guy after he pretty much polished and handed the Lombardi trophy to you. I'm sure that if I ever get to go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio I'll be certain to see O'Donnell there...mopping behind the busts of Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Franco Harris "Mean" Joe Green and all the "REAL" Steelers whose uniform he was never worthy of wearing and whose jocks he's still not fit to carry.

You have a point Frog, I AM biased...but so are you. NEITHER of us really has any objectivity on this one. I'm just some loud mouthed jerk with a two bit opinion and in this case can't claim to be anything more. I went on a mean spirited tangent...but HowboutthemCowboys...drew first blood...not me. And by the way and I think I've stated this on more than ONE occasion. My bile for the Dallas Cowboy organization does NOT imply a lack of respect. I don't like em...but I do respect them.

StarStruck
01-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Whatever happened to the poster named "Huge"?

He posted for a short time earlier this year on the other Texans board. The guy really had some great posts and excellent football knowledge. I miss him.

WWJD
01-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Funny but fans generally do this...if it's your team it's not luck but talent and skill.

It's if a team you don't like it's pure luck on their part that they made plays.

I dunno...most sports involve a bit of both.

O'Donnell did throw those interceptions and Larry Brown was right there to catch them both but was he lucky? Probably. And he probably also figured out the receiver's route or the receiver ran the wrong route.

Doesn't change what happened.

Tony Romo throws to the opponents habitually. Are they always lucky? Or is he just merely making mistakes? Or are the receivers not running good routes?

I think it's a whole lot of both.

HoustonFrog
01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
LUCK Neil O'Donnell was a joke. What happened to his career after that game? Straight into the toilet. I Never implied that the Cowboys didn't deserve to BE in that Superbowl NOR that they didn't deserve the two Superbowls that the 90's team legitimately won outright, but gents you will NEVER convince me at GUN POINT that O'Donnell didn't give that one away.

But hey I'm sure you Cowboy fans love the guy after he pretty much polished and handed the Lombardi trophy to you. I'm sure that if I ever get to go to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio I'll be certain to see O'Donnell there...mopping behind the busts of Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Franco Harris "Mean" Joe Green and all the "REAL" Steelers whose uniform he was never worthy of wearing and whose jocks he's still not fit to carry.

You have a point Frog, I AM biased...but so are you. NEITHER of us really has any objectivity on this one. I'm just some loud mouthed jerk with a two bit opinion and in this case can't claim to be anything more. I went on a mean spirited tangent...but HowboutthemCowboys...drew first blood...not me. And by the way and I think I've stated this on more than ONE occasion. My bile for the Dallas Cowboy organization does NOT imply a lack of respect. I don't like em...but I do respect them.

Well I was actually trying to be objective by looking at the game itself and the stats. As I said, it wasn't like Dallas wasn't winning already and they hadn't been winning the whole game. The Steelers still had to drive down the field to tie or win on their last possession with the second pick.

I agree that luck plays parts in games but I think you are going overboard on O'Donnell. Also, as WWJD said, what game doesn't include a little of luck and of players knowing plays, etc. Romo throws balls to players all the time...are they lucky or does he suck?..as some of you like to say. You can't have it one way and not the other. As for O'Donnell..he played 14 seasons and had 120 TDs and 68 ints with 21, 690 yards and a rating of 81.8...not too shabby for a scrub as you like to say. I think my thinking on this is way ahead of the harshness you seem to be throwing on the game. If a guy throws the ball 49 times...he is going to have some routes jumped. Larry was standing there but we still aren't sure who did what. Players misread and throw to players all the time....see Favre last week. That doesn't take away the wins. Again, luck happens all the time but to go to the extreme you are going is way overboard in my opinion.

Dread-Head
01-02-2009, 09:33 PM
(for the fourth and hopefully last muff-huggin' time) I never implied that the Cowboys didn't deserve to be in that Superbowl. Mr Jimmy Johnson was such an awesome coach that even after he departed Dallas the team went to a Superbowl on AUTO-PILOT! I'm people have submitted stool samples that would have made a better coach than Barry Switzer. Johnson's coaching prowess put that team in place to win a 3rd (and possibly a 4th Superbowl) but them actually winning it...pretty much Neil O'Donnell. Hell the Steelers would have had a better shot with Chris O'Donnell at QB.

On my opinion of Neil (The Custodian Quarterback) O'Donnell? To quote Julius Cæsar:

"I am as constant as the northern star."