PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't the game vs. the Bears a Battle Red game?

alphajoker
12-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I saw on HT.com that they're wearing blue jersey's against the Bears. We still have one more time to wear the red jerseys, right? Anyone know why they aren't?

RipTraxx
12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
I think they have to announce what jerseys at the beggining of the year. I say our home jerseys are battle red period.

Runner
12-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I think it is because the rent-a-santas haven't returned the red shirt/red pants combo uniforms yet.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I think it is because the rent-a-santas haven't returned the red shirt/red pants combo uniforms yet.

It is always something with this organization. Put this up there as one of the worst decisions in Texans history. The worst being the parting of ways with Matt Stevens. The Safety position has never been the same.

Lucky
12-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Put this up there as one of the worst decisions in Texans history. The worst being the parting of ways with Matt Stevens.
I always thought the worst decision was to handout red towels prior to a KC Chiefs game (yeah, they did).

Or maybe it was opening the roof for the '05 opener against the Steelers? And then there was the Casserly inspired fight song:

Houston Texans - Red, White and Blue
Houston Texans - We cheer for you
Houston Texans - Living the dream
We are Texas' Team
T-E-X-A-N-S
Texans, Texans, Texans!

DiehardChris
12-27-2008, 12:53 PM
They could still wear the red. A few years back they wore red jerseys in a game where they were scheduled to wear a different color. There was actually a lot of speculation that they would surprise the fans with red jerseys against the Titans.

junior
12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
isnt their last home game the deep steel blue game? then that may be why it says blue jerseys

never mind.

Drew_Smoke
12-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Or maybe it was opening the roof for the '05 opener against the Steelers?

Ding! Ding!

I think I got skin cancer from ths game.

As we approached the stadium that day my hottie said (she's a Pitt grad) "This won't work.''

"What won't work?"

"The roof open...it's hot there, too."

The whole game I had to suffer with her hips in my face as she rooted for her team.

Yeah..I was miserable...lol

Speedy
12-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I long for the day when our football team is good enough to talk about something other than what color shirts they're wearing.

sometexansfan
12-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I long for the day when our football team is good enough to talk about something other than what color shirts they're wearing.

Always next year buddy. :fans:

Silver Oak
12-28-2008, 08:22 AM

lurk over at the inbreds message board. they have a pretty good sized thread about a red jersey that was sold in stores, but actually never worn by that team in a game.

see...even though you chance on a winning season, fashion will always haunt you.

Malloy
12-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I always thought the worst decision was to handout red towels prior to a KC Chiefs game (yeah, they did).

LOL, 'someone' didn't check the schedule :)

Texanator
12-28-2008, 11:53 AM
lurk over at the inbreds message board. they have a pretty good sized thread about a red jersey that was sold in stores, but actually never worn by that team in a game.

see...even though you chance on a winning season, fashion will always haunt you.

You shore got a purty mouth Silver Oak.