PDA

View Full Version : The Trib warns Bears they can't afford a slow start in Houston

nunusguy
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM
The Bears, fresh off a 20-17 overtime triumph over rival Green Bay, can't afford to be listless for a half in Houston, as they were Monday night at Soldier Field.
The Texans boast the league's third-best offense with an average of 377.2 yards per game. Pro Bowler Andre Johnson is arguably the best receiver in the NFL. Rookie running back Steve Slaton has emerged. And quarterback Matt Schaub is healthy.
That being said, the Bears might benefit from a Texans team looking toward the future. Coach Gary Kubiak said his priority is to win, but he started experimenting with different personnel in last Sunday's surprising 27-16 loss to the lowly Raiders.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-24-bears-chicagodec24,0,1402992.story
But then speculates that Kubiak was experimenting in the Oakland game, so
may benefit from the HC looking to next season instead of concentrating on Sundays contest at Reliant.

Ole Miss Texan
12-24-2008, 01:02 PM
What I find sort of funny is how highly our offense is rated, but that some credit is due to our defense. If our defense would be able to slow down the other offenses some and force them to punt a set of downs sooner or so... our offense would have less yards to go before stalling in the red zone. I suspect once our defense plays consistently better, our offensive yds/game may go down. :) :):)

Double Barrel
12-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I hope Kubiak plans for this game to win it. I know records are subjective, but 7-9 would be a letdown to every Texans fan and probably the players, as well.

And the difference between 8-8 and 7-9 is one is a 'losing season' and the other is not.

So c'mon, Texans, show some pride and kick some Bear butt!! :texflag: :redtowel:

nero THE zero
12-24-2008, 01:12 PM
He experimented with personnel in the Oakland game?

Ckw
12-24-2008, 01:30 PM
He experimented with personnel in the Oakland game?

Yeah that caught my eye. Anyone have any additional info on this? Texanschick?

Revolution
12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah that caught my eye. Anyone have any additional info on this? Texanschick?

This is in reference to Jacoby taking Andre's spot on the field in the last possession...

Wolf
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope Kubiak plans for this game to win it. I know records are subjective, but 7-9 would be a letdown to every Texans fan and probably the players, as well.

And the difference between 8-8 and 7-9 is one is a 'losing season' and the other is not.

So c'mon, Texans, show some pride and kick some Bear butt!! :texflag: :redtowel:

I hear ya DB!! :redtowel:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bT75m098pdhI/340x.jpg

b0ng
12-24-2008, 01:46 PM
He sat 'Dre

Showtime100
12-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Indianapolis just called the Tribune and said not to worry about the slow start should it happen. :headhurts:

No turnovers Sunday please fellas, I'm begging you in front my family, in front of the whole neighborhood for God's sake. :embarrass

Ckw
12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
This is in reference to Jacoby taking Andre's spot on the field in the last possession...

Nevermind. I guess it could apply to this situation.