PDA

View Full Version : We are a 3 point favorite over the Bears?

76Texan
12-24-2008, 12:17 PM
How?

Did they have a bunch of injuries or what?

Have they been banned from the play-offs or something?

nero THE zero
12-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Have you seen them play this year? They're simply not that good of a team. 3 points at home makes this game essentially a pick 'em.

Vinny
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
We are a pretty decent home team....but if I was a betting man I'd be wary of this spread.

SteveSlaton20
12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Um..link?

HOU-TEX
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
That's odd. My pick'em is against the spread and it has us as 3.5 underdogs.

76Texan
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Um..link?
It's in the chronicle.

And also a lot off websites with sports odds, like this one for example.

http://www.docsports.com/nfl-odds.html

76Texan
12-24-2008, 12:31 PM
We are a pretty decent home team....but if I was a betting man I'd be wary of this spread.

True.
But they are fighting for the playoffs, and we may try to give some youngsters playing time. Won't we?

SteveSlaton20
12-24-2008, 12:32 PM
We don't get the Chronicle.

Yeah, that's weird tho.

TEXANS84
12-24-2008, 12:52 PM

5-2 at home, should have been 6-1.

Double Barrel
12-24-2008, 12:55 PM
It's still weird to see the Texans picked as favorites. I'm always wary of it.

Can we finally get WIN #40 for this franchise?! Stay tuned!! :texflag:

Carr Bombed
12-24-2008, 12:57 PM
And now that Richard Smith's job is back on the line, his balls will drop and we'll have aggressive defensive playcalling on Sunday. I hate Richard Smith.

Thorn
12-24-2008, 01:02 PM
And now that Richard Smith's job is back on the line, his balls will drop and we'll have aggressive defensive playcalling on Sunday. I hate Richard Smith.

I have a difficult time believing Richard Smith will be back next year. As to us being favored over the Bears.....whatever. We were favored over Oakland and the Titans were favored over us.

Silver Oak
12-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I won't bet for or against the Texans. Too much heartache would be involved.

Wolf
12-24-2008, 01:15 PM
True.
But they are fighting for the playoffs, and we may try to give some youngsters playing time. Won't we?

Reading that I kinda wish it was a DC coaching tryout

76Texan
12-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Have you seen them play this year? They're simply not that good of a team. 3 points at home makes this game essentially a pick 'em.

A few games!

I'm reviewing their first game against the Colts at the moment.
It was a home game for the Colts.

OK, so the Colts had a rookie drafted in the 7th round started for the injured Jeff Saturday. Questions over Manning and Harrison in the first game.

The Bears lined up 6, 7, 8 guys right close to the LOS on every single play in the first qtr. Their CBs also play very close up front, usually with a single safety (once with 2, and once with none back there.)

Sometimes they rushed 4, usually 5, sometimes 6, and one time 7.

Are the Texans line, the TEs and RBs be up to the task?
Is MS?

Grams
12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
How?

Did they have a bunch of injuries or what?

Have they been banned from the play-offs or something?

When 2 teams are fairly close, the home teams always gets 3 points for home field advantage.

Showtime100
12-24-2008, 06:15 PM
If I were a betting man (I'm not, terrible luck), I would give the points and take Houston. As far as Houston not playing for something there is always something to play for in the NFL. Besides, I have faith that Kyle Orton will find some way to nutt it up for Chicago.

CloakNNNdagger
12-24-2008, 07:39 PM
When 2 teams are fairly close, the home teams always gets 3 points for home field advantage.

You beat me to it. Just clarification......close or not, the home team will automatically get +3 added to the line to the line.

run-david-run
12-25-2008, 03:18 AM
A few games!

I'm reviewing their first game against the Colts at the moment.
It was a home game for the Colts.

OK, so the Colts had a rookie drafted in the 7th round started for the injured Jeff Saturday. Questions over Manning and Harrison in the first game.

The Bears lined up 6, 7, 8 guys right close to the LOS on every single play in the first qtr. Their CBs also play very close up front, usually with a single safety (once with 2, and once with none back there.)

Sometimes they rushed 4, usually 5, sometimes 6, and one time 7.

Are the Texans line, the TEs and RBs be up to the task?
Is MS?

I think blitz and man coverage gives the Texans far less trouble than Oakland's zone scheme. The cover 2 seem to have been a bane on our existence since I can remember. I would love to see AJ given a chance at a bunch of one-on-ones, but I don't see it happening. Bears usually play cover 2, so its going to be up to the running game to open up the pass. Let's see if they are up for it this time.