PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Talk about crossing the line !

nunusguy
12-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Rod Marinelli was as angry publicly on Monday as he's been in three seasons as coach of the Lions. Leading the NFL's first 0-15 team didn't do it. A question from a columnist did.

Detroit News columnist Rob Parker asked Marinelli if he wished his daughter had married a better defensive coordinator, taking a shot at his son-in-law Joe Barry, after Sunday's 42-7 loss to New Orleans.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-23-rowboldnamesdec23,0,3282656.story

WWJD
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
That question was inappropriate and classless.

I heard the columnist had already apologized. As he should.

HOU-TEX
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Marinelli doen't look like the type of guy I'd like to mess with. Especially after a season like they've had to endure.

I know if I was asked the same question in his position, I'd probably be climbing over the podium to go after the guy. No f--kstick reporter's going to insult my daughter or anyone else in my family.

IMO, the reporter should be jobless now.

HoustonFrog
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
They showed it on Fox last weekend and all the Fox guys said he should be fired and ripped into him as classless and a jerk. They were right. This gives me even less faith in alot of the low class people that call themselves journalists and who will do anything to make themselves feel bigger than those they cover. It's an industry of shicking people now.(I know there are good journalist type people like TC)

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Dang.. I don't have a daughter but if I did, I think I would be right there with HOU-TEX trying to climb over the podium to get to that guy. Question the coach about football related issues only. And no, the fact that his daughter is married to a coordinator does not qualify as a football related issue...

Some may argue that the reporter really was trying to lighten the mood. I ain't buying it. There are other ways to do that besides bringing someone's daughter into the fold.

Just when you think you've seen the pinnacle of asshattery, you stumble across this crap..

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Did anyone see the line of questioning? The one about his daughter came after the coach took at least 5 of that jerks questions. All asking why the guy still had a job then finished it up with that one. I like how the coach did not reply or even roll his eyes but just moved on. Seemed like a silent if I could kill you right now and get away with it there is no question. :bat:

kastofsna
12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
lol it was clearly a joke that was VVERRYYYY obviously trying to lighten the mood. but Marinelli has proven all year long that he has zero idea how to deal with the media, so it's no shock to his reaction

Showtime100
12-23-2008, 03:03 PM
lol it was clearly a joke that was VVERRYYYY obviously trying to lighten the mood. but Marinelli has proven all year long that he has zero idea how to deal with the media, so it's no shock to his reaction

Well, if you have Rob Parker's "sense of humor" I wouldn't go around bragging about it. IMO whether it was meant as a joke or not is beside the point, it was tasteless either way.

Hagar
12-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Problem is, if Coach Marinelli had hired a competent DC instead of playing favoritism within his family, he wouldn't have to field this question.

Reap what you sow.

Showtime100
12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Problem is, if Coach Marinelli had hired a competent DC instead of playing favoritism within his family, he wouldn't have to field this question.

Reap what you sow.

The question was, "Do you wish your daughter would have married a better defensive coordinator." So, you make a bad choice in your coaching staff for whatever reason and for that the press gets to make fun of your family. Wrong. Come on.

Specnatz
12-23-2008, 04:03 PM

It does not shock me in what position you would take. You on occassion have shown as much class as this reporter.

HJam72
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Well?.................Does Kubiak have any daughters? :foottap:

TimeKiller
12-24-2008, 09:14 AM

Come on now...

...I laugh at plenty of things that are funny, and even a lot of things that cross a lot of lines but this? No, that's taking advantage of your position to question something you shouldn't EVER question.