PDA

View Full Version : Titans are a classless team

Pages : [1] 2

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Of course I hate the Titans for obvious reasons (bailing on their fans). However even if this team were still the Houston Oilers as a fan I would have some real concern about their lack of class. We all know about the dirty stuff, their thug players, and the classless comments from players like Butterworth and Finegan.

But man, stomping on that Terrible Towel was just totally classless by that "USC thug" Lendale White. It was also a dumbass move because they are probably going to have to play the Steelers again.

Hopefully someone will take them out in the playoffs and stomp on a possum to rub it in.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
All said while you have an avatar that shows some guy throwing a shoe at Bud Adam.

Keep it classy San Deigo :rolleyes:

Vinny
12-22-2008, 12:29 AM
All said while you have an avatar that shows some guy throwing a shoe at Bud Adam.

Keep it classy San Deigo :rolleyes:that's actual staff footage though.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid move. He had no reason to really do that. The whole game, the Titans were mocking the Steelers. It's too bad Big Ben played terrible.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Houston Texans, Expansion No More? Bring on 9-7!

If only you could beat Oakland. :spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid move. He had no reason to really do that. The whole game, the Titans were mocking the Steelers. It's too bad Big Ben played terrible.

He played terribly because he had a Titan in his face the entire game. We completely dominated the Steelers O-line.

Please show this 'whole game' you were talking about. Not until the end did White pull one of those towels out and do what he did. We were underdogs in our own stadium with a better record. The main reason I did not like the move was it gives fuel to the Steelers if we play them in the AFC Championship game.

Goldensilence
12-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Chris Johnson waving the titans towel after the touchdown as well. This Titans team better be careful what they wish for in taunting the Steelers.

Andrew6
12-22-2008, 12:52 AM
He played terribly because he had a Titan in his face the entire game. We completely dominated the Steelers O-line.

Please show this 'whole game' you were talking about. Not until the end did White pull one of those towels out and do what he did. We were underdogs in our own stadium with a better record. The main reason I did not like the move was it gives fuel to the Steelers if we play them in the AFC Championship game.

I always find it funny when a fan refers to the team as WE. WE did it or WE could of beat the team etc... Just for future reference whats your number so I can look for you in the next game.

Andrew6
12-22-2008, 12:53 AM

If only the Texans could be the Titans ohhh yeah They did.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:05 AM
If only the Texans could be the Titans ohhh yeah They did.

Even a blind pig finds a truffle in a forest. Let me guess you held us to less then the Steelers D so your D is better the the Steelers too?

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Chris Johnson waving the titans towel after the touchdown as well. This Titans team better be careful what they wish for in taunting the Steelers.

I agree taunting the steelers is not the best approach. I have taken flack for it on my board. Johnson needs to calm himself down; he almost lost the ball of that play and this was not the first time. I have seen a lot worst in the form of celebration from every team and we had to many steeler fans at the game waving those flags. I like that celebration but it need to come after the TD was a for sure not while he was running into the endzone.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I always find it funny when a fan refers to the team as WE. WE did it or WE could of beat the team etc... Just for future reference whats your number so I can look for you in the next game.

I am alusive you would never be able to spot me until it was too late. Some people have pride in there team and think it is part of them because they follow and pay. Fans can make or break a team at home so I would say even in the smallest way we can make a difference and that is all it takes to be part of the team.

YellerLotYeller
12-22-2008, 02:37 AM
It's really just a reflection of the leadership on the team, or lack there of. When the leader of team stomps on people after a play, what do you expect?

LonerATO
12-22-2008, 04:17 AM
My roommate who is from Bethlehem, PA was so pissed about the lose of the game, but even more pissed about the stomping of the towel. I have always told him the Titans are a classless team and now he knows. He made a comment about how he cant wait for Hines to crack someones when the two teams meet again.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Of course I hate the Titans for obvious reasons (bailing on their fans). However even if this team were still the Houston Oilers as a fan I would have some real concern about their lack of class. We all know about the dirty stuff, their thug players, and the classless comments from players like Butterworth and Finegan.

But man, stomping on that Terrible Towel was just totally classless by that "USC thug" Lendale White. It was also a dumbass move because they are probably going to have to play the Steelers again.

Hopefully someone will take them out in the playoffs and stomp on a possum to rub it in.

Hmmmm!!

I'm kinda surprised you expected anything less from that classless organization. It's not as though it should be a surprise. Organizations mostly resemble their ownership.

What's even worse is titan fan defending it......

Carr Bombed
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Stomping on the terrible towel.......the Titans are a joke and that's going to come back and bite them in the ass when they face the Steelers again in the playoffs. There's a old saying......."let sleeping dogs lie"

9nines
12-22-2008, 10:00 AM
The Steelers have a wide fan base and often bring this on themselves. From Titans fans at the game, it was reported many of those Steelers fans were bringing much attention to themselves pre-game talking about how badly the Steelers would beat the Titans and harrassing many Titans fans. So it is understandable why the towel was stomped after the Titans soundly beat the Steelers. And I enjoyed it, remembering being at many of the Oilers-Steelers games in Houston, where Steelers fans were sometimes 30% plus, with those Steelers fans acting arrogantly as visiting fans. And also for us loyal Oilers fans, it was really nice seeing this done against our old and real rival, the Steelers and securing the #1 seed in the process.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
The Steelers have a wide fan base and often bring this on themselves. From Titans fans at the game, it was reported many of those Steelers fans were bringing much attention to themselves pre-game talking about how badly the Steelers would beat the Titans and harrassing many Titans fans. So it is understandable why the towel was stomped after the Titans soundly beat the Steelers. And I enjoyed it, remembering being at many of the Oilers-Steelers games in Houston, where Steelers fans were sometimes 30% plus, with those Steelers fans acting arrogantly as visiting fans. And also for us loyal Oilers fans, it was really nice seeing this done against our old and real rival, the Steelers and securing the #1 seed in the process.

Oh wow.

Carr Bombed
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM

This post makes no damn sense......what happened on the field had absolutely nothing to do with the way fans acted in the stands. Titan players have no clue what's going on in the stands. The team just acted like punks, they need to take a page out of the Colts' playbook and learn how to win with class. If I was a Titan fan the last team I would want to face in the playoffs would be the Steelers.......it's just stupid to try to rub a team's nose in poo when you might face that same team in the playoffs.

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
I could think of a lot worse things to do with a Terrible Towel.

9nines
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM
If I was a Titan fan the last team I would want to face in the playoffs would be the Steelers.......

Actually, besides maybe Denver because of an overall weak defense, the Steelers would be the lighter of the play-offs team match-ups for the Titans to face.

The Titans match up very well against the Steelers. The Steelers have a bad offensive line, especially the interior line. The strength of the Titans is the interior of their defensive line. So the Titans strength is amplified and the Steelers weakness is made worse. Then you throw in a mistake-prone quarterback in Roselisberger and it should be preferred match-up for the Titans.

The teams that worry me are the Jets (Favre is great at getting the ball away quickly), Ravens (very sound defense) and Colts (both teams know each other very well and are both are good teams, so any game is a coin-flip chance for both.)

it's just stupid to try to rub a team's nose in poo when you might face that same team in the playoffs.

If Titans and Steelers meet it is in the AFC Championship game. Does a team need motivation at that point? If so, it likely would not get there. Also, only rabid Steelers fans are making a big deal out of a towel. With the way most players switch teams etc. and therefore looking at being a player as professional career more than as a fan of a team, I would not doubt if many Steelers players are making fun about how crazy their fans are acting about this situation.

But lets say for a minute that the Steelers players are extra motivated. That could play out as a disadvantage. A problem you have in big games (long rivalries, college bowl games, NFL play-offs, Monday Night NFL games) is that younger, less experienced players get too hyped for the game then with so much adrenaline running, they spend themselves in the first few series then hit a wall the rest of the game. Veteran players and coaches are always trying to calm younger players down so this does not happen because if it happens to a lot of players on your team, then you are at a disadvantage after that “high” wears off in the first few series of the game.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
If the Steelers and Titans meet in the playoffs, remember one simple equation:

Ben Roethlisberger > Kerry Collins

Back to topic: Re: Titans are a classless team

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Atleast we don't lose to the Raiders. :texflag:

Carr Bombed
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM

No, you just fail to score a damn touchdown against the worst D coordinator in the NFL and lose to the Texans.......good job.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Back to topic:

Only thing we need to remember is Titans>Steelers

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 10:51 AM
No you just fail to score a damn touchdown against the worst D coordinator in the NFL and lose to the Texans.......good job.

So in insulting the Titans you have to call the Texans terrible. I agree completely I mean we are now 12-2 against your team so it fits but please tell me another reason your team is horrid.

Mr teX
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
C'mon fellas, i'm all for hating the titans, but saying they are a classless team b/c they stomped on a towel is just....reaching. I've got tons of respect for Fisher & how he goes about things. So to say that a team with his imprint stamped all over it is classless is saying that he sanctioned that & i don't believe that at all. Just call it what it is; a dumb move by chessburger eddie & whomever that was with him b/c it provides the Steelers with bulletin board material if they wind up meeting again in the playoffs.

Now, some of the fans.......

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Typical... Can't stay on topic. :gun:

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Stomping on the terrible towel.......the Titans are a joke and that's going to come back and bite them in the ass when they face the Steelers again in the playoffs. There's a old saying......."let sleeping dogs lie"

Yes a 13-2 joke with the best record in the NFL and have clinched the AFC. What exactly qualifies as a real team in your opinion being a fan of an orginazation who has failed to reach .500 for 7 consecutive season?

9nines
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Back to topic:

Back to topic:

Although Collins was the primary reason the Titans lost to the Texans ( threw very late to very open receivers on crucial downs, four or more times) overall this year, Collins has been much more effective. For example, Roethlisberger has been pretty mistake prone this year; Collins has been pretty solid in that regard. Both of these teams have extremely strong defenses, so both are viewing the QB role as more as a caretaker for both teams, so Roethlisberger has definitely playing his role poorly, whereas Collins is playing that role solid. With that approach I somewhat disagree and I still would like to see Young, thinking it would open up Chris Johnson even more, because defenses would be more porous up front having to contain Young on the sides, but Collins is playing the caretaker role well and if the Titans defense remains dominate, Collins is more than capable of getting it done. I am just worried about pressure on him but with Chris Johnson’s big play ability, defenses can not be too overly aggressive because one missed tackle or player out of position and he can score from anywhere and if a defense can not get QB pressure with its front four, which is hard against the Titans offensive line, Collins might not face too much pressure.

toronto
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM

The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Are you an old Oiler fan like me? I sure as hell remember those trips up to Three Rivers that ruined some damn good seasons. The Titans just showed something I can live with - being pissed and sick of the lack of respect they've gotten all season. After the Texans' game, we were accused of peaking too early, being done without Big Al, etc. etc. First it was a weak schedule. There was always a reason for the Titans to be glossed over as overrated in many folks' eyes and this was the team telling all of their doubters to go shove it. The latest flavor of the month/week got their asses handed to them, and that was without Haynesworth and KVB. I'm just fine playing that crappy offensive line again.

IMO the Titans will have a tougher game in the Divisional against the Ravens/Colts/AFC East Champ.

As for class, guess you don't remember Steeler fans rubbing it in our faces after Gary Anderson's game winning FG in OT, or Hines Ward blindsighting Keith Rivers, or the bounty on Carson Palmer. Screw them. I'm glad the towel got stomped on. I'm sick of the love in that team gets and gladly welcome a rematch.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Typical... Can't stay on topic. :gun:

There is a topic to this tripe? Seems like a bunch of bitter fans taking it out on a 'rival' and being jealous.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
There is a topic to this tripe? Seems like a bunch of bitter fans taking it out on a 'rival' and being jealous.

Jealous?......... Ha!!

The topic is relevant. The tits organization from the owner down is classless. The Owner always has been from his drunken days of flipping people off, to present. Obviously, he has brought his players and fans along the way too.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM

You lost to us.

Carr Bombed
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM
So in insulting the Titans you have to call the Texans terrible. I agree completely I mean we are now 12-2 against your team so it fits but please tell me another reason your team is horrid.

By terrible do you mean the worst coached defense in the NFL.........if so then yes we're terrible. I still can't believe y'all couldn't score a damn TD against us.

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Stomping on the Terrible Towel. Good for them, I don't think it was classless at all. It was like a victory dance. I would like to stomp on one myself, just like I would like to stomp on Bud's grave one day.

Edited: ...one day soon.

Mailman
12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I didn't see this until this morning. Wow, what brainless yerks.

Sure, Steelers fans are obnoxious as Red Sawx fans, and I can understand the urge to rub it in their faces when they invade your home stadium and make a lot of noise. However, professional football players have to be bigger than that. You cannot act in such a way that the fans feel insulted, even if they're obnoxious fans of the opposing team.

Classless indeed.

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM

They changed cities, not colors. They are still the Oilers and stuff like that is what I miss most about them.

We had the House of Pain for goodness sakes. We took pride in hurting the other team and knocking out there players. We smiled when we got boo'd. One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.

I hate the Titans but I miss the attitude from that organization. Thats what I grew up knowing.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
They changed cities, not colors. They are still the Oilers and stuff like that is what I miss most about them.

We had the House of Pain for goodness sakes. We took pride in hurting the other team and knocking out there players. We smiled when we got boo'd. One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.

I hate the Titans but I miss the attitude from that organization. Thats what I grew up knowing.

I loved the intensity that those defenses played with, but I did not like all the Glanville crap. If I were a betting man, I would say that at least Al Smith and Ray Childress would agree.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 11:41 AM

No, however you lost to 2 teams that both lost to the Raiders.

9nines
12-22-2008, 11:44 AM
One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.

Was that when Michael Barrow, in his rookie year and in the middle of the 11 game winning streak, tackled Tomzank, who was running at the sidelines, and Barrow got a bear hug on him and then punched Tomzank repeatedly in the face as they both went into the sidelines?

That 1993 team was my favorite.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Was that when Michael Barrow, in his rookie year and in the middle of the 11 game winning streak, tackled Tomzank, who was running at the sidelines, and Barrow got a bear hug on him and then punched Tomzank repeatedly in the face as they both went into the sidelines?

BTW, how did you become a Houston Oilers fan living in Tennessee? I thought most fans out there were Steelers fans before Bud moved out there.

So what do you think about the Predators this year? I noticed you are an NHL fan in another thread.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
BTW, how did you become a Houston Oilers fan living in Tennessee? I thought most fans out there were Steelers fans before Bud moved out there.

So what do you think about the Predators this year? I noticed you are an NHL fan in another thread.

Yeah, but he apparently likes Edmonton, not the Predators.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, but he apparently likes Edmonton, not the Predators.

Yeah, I gathered that however since he lives out there I thought he might know a little about the Predators. They have been talking about moving and I was curious what's going on with them now.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I guess you guess just don't understand the rivalry that this organization and the Pittsburg Steelers have. It goes way back even before the Texans were a team. Back to the Oilers days.

:stirpot:

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I guess you guess just don't understand the rivalry that this organization and the Pittsburg Steelers have. It goes way back even before the Texans were a team. Back to the Oilers days.

Sure, we understood that even when you were in diapers watching Dale Earnhardt making a bunch of left hand turns in that #2 car. However the Oilers don't exist anymore and the team they morphed into are more dislikeable than the Steelers.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM

http://workfarce.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/captainobvious.jpg

ZX758
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM

We ALL know about the rivalry back in the day. With the Steelers, keep in mind that most of us in this forum were Oiler fans at one point. and it sucked being beaten by Pittsburgh. But there really is no need for something like that. It's just classless.

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM
But there really is no need for something like that. It's just classless.

Its a smack forum. He's pushing buttons.

Texecutioner
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM

I thought it was great when the Titans were stomping on that flag. It's football for god sakes, and those teams shouldn't like each other when they are competing for home field advantage and know that their is a good chance that they will face each other in the post season. They played a great game and beat the hell out of the Steelers, and showed them no mercy. That is how a dominant team's attitude should be. I wish that that kind of grit would rub off on the Texans.

I hope these two teams match up again in the playoffs, because it should be a great game again. I just hope the Steelers take the next one and I think they will. They both have a similar game plan and formula for winning, but in the post season I'll have more confidence in Ben than I will in Collins.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Sure, we understood that even when you were in diapers watching Dale Earnhardt making a bunch of left hand turns in that #2 car. However the Oilers don't exist anymore and the team they morphed into are more dislikeable than the Steelers.

You are 8 years older then I am and I have no idea what Earnheardt even drives. I assume a race car of some type? I have better things to do then watch a bunch of necks drive cars around a track. Most ridiculous 'sport' I have ever heard of.

I have not missed a game under the name 'Titans' and watched ever Oilers game that was televised since I was 9. So don't start a rant about me not knowing my teams history or about my age.

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM

And the star of the Luve Ya Blue Oilers, ol' #34, said he never played in Tennessee and was never a Titan. It doesn't translate. People in Tennessee have to accept their own history instead of dry-humping a history that they never experienced or knew about until Uncle Slug pimped his team to them.

Same franchise, but completely different teams.

p.s. A "rivalry" is usually a two way street. The Steelers do not view your franchise as anything other than a speed bump on the way to their multiple Super Bowl champships.

Vinny
12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
And the star of the Luve Ya Blue Oilers, ol' #34, said he never played in Tennessee and was never a Titan. It doesn't translate. People in Tennessee have to accept their own history instead of dry-humping a history that they never experienced or knew about until Uncle Slug pimped his team to them.

Same franchise, but completely different teams.

p.s. A "rivalry" is usually a two way street. The Steelers do not view your franchise as anything other than a speed bump on the way to their multiple Super Bowl champships.I'd dissagree here....this is a storied rivalry that the Earl Campbell Oilers started. Like it or not, this franchise has some history.

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd dissagree here....this is a storied rivalry that the Earl Campbell Oilers started. Like it or not, this franchise has some history.

The Houston Oilers are dead, man. Let it go. :cool:

Mailman
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
You are 8 years older then I am and I have no idea what Earnheardt even drives. I assume a race care of some type? I have better things to do then watch a bunch of necks drive cars around a track. Most ridiculous 'sport' I have ever heard of.

I have not missed a game under the name 'Titans' and watched ever Oilers game that was televised since I was 9. So don't start a rant about me not knowing my teams history or about my age.

Ah, some Tack fan who isn't old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue era trying to tell us about the Oilers.

GTFO. You're no Oilers fan and you certainly don't deserve to claim them.

Mailman
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I'd dissagree here....this is a storied rivalry that the Earl Campbell Oilers started. Like it or not, this franchise has some history.

Does anyone really associate the Ravens with the Browns franchise history? No.

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
The Houston Oilers are dead, man. Let it go. :cool:

Actually, if they want to embrace a history of choking, then they can be my guest. It's not my team.

Vinny
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.well, since the Browns actually own their own history its different. The Ravens do still have intense rivalries with the Steelers and Bengals...teams they had intense rivalries with since they were the Browns.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Why the hell couldn't Houston keep the Oilers history? Maybe we Bud goes to hell, we can do something about it (keep the history, but the hell with the rest).

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Ah, some Tack fan who isn't old enough to remember the Luv Ya Blue era trying to tell us about the Oilers.

GTFO. You're no Oilers fan and you certainly don't deserve to claim them.

Maybe your age is getting to you but I can not help when I was born. I lived through the Moon era and the Bills game. If you were a true Oilers fan you would understand the Pit rivalry but maybe in your older age you have forgotten. The depends are near the pharmacy BTW.

Carr Bombed
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
The Ravens do still have intense rivalries with the Steelers and Bengals...teams they had intense rivalries with since they were the Browns.

I'm sure all of them being divisional opponents has something to do with that as well.

Texecutioner
12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Maybe your age is getting to you but I can not help when I was born. I lived through the Moon era and the Bills game. If you were a true Oilers fan you would understand the Pit rivalry but maybe in your older age you have forgotten. The depends are near the pharmacy BTW.

You really need to stop acting like they are the same team, because they are not. Like Vinny said, same franchise, different team. It isn't the same and the Oilers died.

However, any true Oiler should remember the rivalry that existed with the Steelers. I know that I do. I remember going to Oilers and Steelers games all of the time and I truly hated them. I hated Rod Woodson more than anyone could imagine, because he was an Oiler killer. I remember those heated Oiler Steeler games even before Cowher was over there. Those games meant a lot back then, and I'll never forget when I cheered on Michael Barrow as he was beating the hell out of Bubby Brister who was the QB of the Steelers at the time. That was EPIC! The Steelers used to always seem to get the best of us when it counted though. Woodson always seemed to have a big hand in that.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 01:22 PM
well, since the Browns actually own their own history its different.

Agreed however that's a lame technicality. The Ravens are truly the old Browns, the actual franchise that earned all of the history that now sits with the expansion Browns.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
The Freak has some of his own 'stomp'n' on the towel as well:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.9713ec14e8674b5384bee84e94ba19fc.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh124.jpg

LonerATO
12-22-2008, 01:44 PM
The Freak has some of his own 'stomp'n' on the towel as well:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081221/capt.9713ec14e8674b5384bee84e94ba19fc.steelers_tit ans_football_tnmh124.jpg

Is that the same "Freak" that couldnt cut it in Philly and only came back to the Titans since he was let go? The only reason that guy has any productions is do to Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch.

imatexan
12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=toronto;1082725]The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Umm that did happen in 05 when the Steelers came and the Texans fans/players/organization showed class like they always do.

Your franchise on the other hand, not so much.

It seems every week the titans give me a reason to hate them more.

The titans will feel the wrath of The Steelers and thier fans, good luck next time the titans go to Heinz hope they make it out alive.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 01:48 PM
You should watch more games. KVB has been out off and on for the last month and Kearse has played very well. He did not cut it in Philly because they used him incorrectly. The defense style does not suit Kearse's style of play.

Bipolar The Titan
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM

The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers and they never will be.

that is such bs. that's how you wish it was. But it's not.

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM

No. It was 1995. Marcus Robertson if I remember correctly. It was the next to last game between the Houston Oilers and Steelers at Three Rivers.

I remember going to the last home game between the two and there were so many cars with "Tomzack must die" written on the windows.

The Texan fans are night and day different from Oiler fans. Oiler fans knew how to get to our seats on time and be loud and have attitude during the entire game. Now its just about tailgating and staying classy and who is wearing what on what day.

It used to be simple. Columbia Blue was home and White was away. Now everything has to have a theme and different pant combos.

Back in my day you had to walk 20 miles in the snow up hill both ways to get to the Astrodome. And without shoes. (sigh)

LonerATO
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
You should watch more games. KVB has been out off and on for the last month and Kearse has played very well. He did not cut it in Philly because they used him incorrectly. The defense style does not suit Kearse's style of play.

I still think they don’t know how to use him, as he isn't even the best DE with KVB out.

Bipolar The Titan
12-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Why the hell couldn't Houston keep the Oilers history? Maybe we Bud goes to hell, we can do something about it (keep the history, but the hell with the rest).

last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
I still think they don’t know how to use him, as he isn't even the best DE with KVB out.

He plays his role well and was probably getting more attention then a rookie on the other end.

Bipolar The Titan
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Agreed however that's a lame technicality. The Ravens are truly the old Browns, the actual franchise that earned all of the history that now sits with the expansion Browns.

they are not and you are wrong.

that's like trying to argue life begins at birth.

The Ravens are like the Texans in the respect they are "clean slate" teams.

Bipolar The Titan
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Is that the same "Freak" that couldnt cut it in Philly and only came back to the Titans since he was let go? The only reason that guy has any productions is do to Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch.

you obviously are not familiar with the role he was asked to fill on the Eagles defense. Kearse is a system product. He's the same player. The Eagles didn't know how to deploy him. Otherwise, explain his sudden reemergence now that he's back in Tennessee.

Texecutioner
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
last I heard the Houstonians had no use for it. As it has been explained to me they were fed up beyond the point of caring. I suppose they could have fought for it and reincarnated their team in a Modellian fashion. I would have no qualms with an expansion Titans team while franchise history, Oil Derricks, and records remained in Houston for a future franchise. That just is not what Houstonians and Bob McNair opted for. Rather they reinvented another AFL name with a clean slate. Precedent was there. The Oilers did not have to "die". Houstonians let Bud Adams "kill" their team. Titan fans just happen to be the caretakers of the grave.

Sad but true. I would have much rather kept our old name and Oiler traditions, but they weren't fought for and Bud crept away with all of it.

I love the new traditions that have been born as well, but winning would make it much more enjoyable.

Texecutioner
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
you obviously are not familiar with the role he was asked to fill on the Eagles defense. Kearse is a system product. He's the same player. The Eagles didn't know how to deploy him. Otherwise, explain his sudden reemergence now that he's back in Tennessee.

Can't argue with that, because I thought he was completely finished when he left the Eagles. I thought all of those injuries caught up to him and that he would no longer be worth anything, but I was clearly wrong there. THE FREAK is back.

Bipolar The Titan
12-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Sad but true. I would have much rather kept our old name and Oiler traditions, but they weren't fought for and Bud crept away with all of it.

I love the new traditions that have been born as well, but winning would make it much more enjoyable.

ironically YOU are the one who explained it to me! :lol:

Mr teX
12-22-2008, 02:35 PM

It's not like he was garbage when he was in philly; he was productive when he was healthy.......emphasis on healthy as he missed lots of time when he was an eagle. Besides, statistically he's doing nothing special since he came back, he just fits the titans scheme better.

Silver Oak
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.

LonerATO
12-22-2008, 02:37 PM

My post from earlier will show that I had him pegged as a "system" guy as he benefited from KVB and Al. Watching your own team you would know that Jacob Ford is a better DE then Kearse is. He got hurt when he played with the Eagles and never came back in shape to play. The reason he has an "reemergence" is that teams have to double team KVB or Al.

Texecutioner
12-22-2008, 02:41 PM
ironically YOU are the one who explained it to me! :lol:

By the way, Michael Griffin has been my favorite defensive player since he was drafted. I was ticked when the Titans drafted him and he had to go over there. I still root for him individually though.

Yesterday, those picks of his helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! That decision of his to take that INT to the house got me the extra 6 points I needed to win my Fantasy Football SB! I won an extra $750 for winning that. Griffin is the freaking man.

God I wanted the Texans to draft him so badly over Okoye knowing how badly we needed a safety.

Titansfan3801
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=toronto;1082725]The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Umm that did happen in 05 when the Steelers came and the Texans fans/players/organization showed class like they always do.

Your franchise on the other hand, not so much.

It seems every week the titans give me a reason to hate them more.

The titans will feel the wrath of The Steelers and thier fans, good luck next time the titans go to Heinz hope they make it out alive.

Sorry, we aren't as used to losing as you are. We have a little more pride in our own house.

The fans were pissed because of all of the cocky Steelers. The players were pissed because we were a two point dog in our own house! That's legit. Also, we weren't being cocky until the very end of the game, and at that point, we'd earned it. In a game of the top two conference seeds to determine home field advantage, with a domination like that, this team has earned some pride.

Worried about bulletin board material? They aren't worried about that. Can you imagine how many more sacks we'd get with all of our d-line starters in there? I'm much less worried about the Steelers in the playoffs than about several of the other teams.

If the Steelers are going to twirl their towels in the faces of the other NFL teams, especially on the road, then they need to accept it that the towels will be mocked/messed with when they lose. If they honestly think that their towels are some sort of revered symbol that can't be messed with, that's a little silly.

As for this thread, it's a sad sign of Texans fans wanting to get their sad performance from yesterday off their minds. Yet another season without a winning record. I admired the fight that you put up against us last week, but don't start feeling good about yourselves until you actually break .500.

9nines
12-22-2008, 02:56 PM
No. It was 1995. Marcus Robertson if I remember correctly. It was the next to last game between the Houston Oilers and Steelers at Three Rivers.

I remember going to the last home game between the two and there were so many cars with "Tomzack must die" written on the windows.

The Texan fans are night and day different from Oiler fans. Oiler fans knew how to get to our seats on time and be loud and have attitude during the entire game. Now its just about tailgating and staying classy and who is wearing what on what day.

It used to be simple. Columbia Blue was home and White was away. Now everything has to have a theme and different pant combos.

Back in my day you had to walk 20 miles in the snow up hill both ways to get to the Astrodome. And without shoes. (sigh)

1996 was a good game too. Oilers won the home game in 4th quarter. I was at the game but many listening on the radio did not hear the end because 740am had to break to a PRESEASON Rockets game before the Oilers game was over and I think the game was blacked-out on TV.

The 1996 game in Pittsburgh was a few weeks before the Houston one and there was a large fight with several players ejected and over 30 players fined with total fines almost $150K.

Titansfan3801
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.

It's too bad that we post wins more often than losses then.

Mailman
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
that is such bs. that's how you wish it was. But it's not.

O'rly?

If it's not true, why does the history have to be explained to you necks?

Houston fans lived it. We made the Oilers what they were, not you inbred hillbillies who threw dollars at the NFL's Montgomery Burns to steal our team from us. Your team is the Titans. They ceased being the Oilers when they left Houston and changed the name and logo.

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM

The same can be said of the fans of the other 31 teams as well.

Mailman
12-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Last you heard, eh?

Here's the facts: Houstonians didn't speak with one loud voice. There were many citizens who weren't happy with the fact that he'd held the city hostage in 1987 only to do it AGAIN less than ten years later, but there just as many who were adamant about the team not leaving. Bud didn't help himself or, more importantly, us diehards by gutting the team at the same time he was making those demands. And all this just a couple years removed from the Buffalo Debacle.

Eat dirt, neck.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Last you heard, eh?

Here's the facts: Houstonians didn't speak with one loud voice. There were many citizens who weren't happy with the fact that he'd held the city hostage in 1987 only to do it AGAIN less than ten years later, but there just as many who were adamant about the team not leaving. Bud didn't help himself or, more importantly, us diehards by gutting the team at the same time he was making those demands. And all this just a couple years removed from the Buffalo Debacle.

Eat dirt, neck.

YUP...Pretty much the first time an owner has held a city hostage twice.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM

I think the title of the thread set the tone. :wild:

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
1996 was a good game too. Oilers won the home game in 4th quarter. I was at the game but many listening on the radio did not hear the end because 740am had to break to a PRESEASON Rockets game before the Oilers game was over and I think the game was blacked-out on TV.

The 1996 game in Pittsburgh was a few weeks before the Houston one and there was a large fight with several players ejected and over 30 players fined with total fines almost $150K.

was it 96? I thought it was 95. I thought they moved in 96.

In any case that is the game I am talking about.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 03:23 PM

Seriously, you need to get your facts straight Bipolar....

Over the next three decades, Adams would venture to tap his hometown taxpayers twice more. In 1987, he requested $67 million-worth of stadium upgrades to the Astrodome—including new artificial turf, 10,000 more seats, and 65 new luxury boxes. Adams needed negotiating leverage, so he drew the most formidable weapon in any business executive’s arsenal: he threatened to move his team—in this case to Jacksonville, Florida. Adams got what he wanted from Houston officials through a property-tax hike and a doubling of the hotel tax.

The NFL’s “best” stadium—as Adams referred to the upgraded Astrodome—did not stay that way for very long. In 1993, Adams began tossing around the idea of a brand new dome. His proposed $235-million Ninth Wonder of the World would come with the latest in stadium accouterments, including more of the ever-critical luxury box suites. Those boxes generate big dollars that do not have to be shared with other teams under the NFL’s revenue-sharing plan. They are in fact a huge catalyst for the push in recent years for new stadiums, ballparks, and arenas by many professional teams.

Adams’s plan also called for all the seats from floor to ceiling to be reconfigured to fit not just football, but also hockey, basketball, convention, and concert floor plans. (It’s amazing the ideas one can come up with when spending somebody else’s money.) Although Adams offered to put up $75 million for this new dome, taxpayers would still be called on to sacrifice $160 million more.

As things generally go in the corporate welfare story, this is the place where politicians usually cave in to team owners. However, then-mayor Bob Lanier (no relation to the former NBA star) reacted rather coolly to the Oilers’ demands.

Link... (http://www.fee.org/publications/the-freeman/article.asp?aid=3344)

Dread-Head
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Pretty tough talk from a guy whose team lost their ONLY Superbowl by 12 inches.

You're right man. Your Trojans...excuse me Titans are invincible. It's not like Lindale White plays offense and has to charge INTO defensive units as part of his job or anything. No wait he does. Well it's not like it's likely they'll face the Steelers in an AFC Championship game and Pittsburgh has the best Defense in the NFL...oh wait they do. Well it's not like the Steelers take the whole "Terrible Towel" thing seriously or that defenses attempt to extract brutal revenge of muff-huggas for doing stupid shiznit...oh wait they do. What were we talking about again. Ah yes...your team will never face the Steelers again. In fact the entire organization will cease to exist and be replaced by small fuzzy bunny rabbits, one of which Bud Adams can use as a toupeé at some point to replace the one he's currently wearing which he obviously got at Howard Cossell's yard sale.
If your Trojans make it past the Steelers they'll limp out. The Steelers will show up and turn that game into a hit parade and when they lose I want you to remember Mr. White stomping on that towel.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
O'rly?

If it's not true, why does the history have to be explained to you necks?

Houston fans lived it. We made the Oilers what they were, not you inbred hillbillies who threw dollars at the NFL's Montgomery Burns to steal our team from us. Your team is the Titans. They ceased being the Oilers when they left Houston and changed the name and logo.

You can live in your Ivory tower if you want but you are the only one believing this nonsense. The NFL doesn't agree with you and since the Titans/Oilers are part of the NFL I guess that just makes you flat out wrong ... again.

Kind of a double standard to come into a thread calling another team classless while you sling terms directed at another poster like "neck" and "hillbillies". I've met BIP and he is neither a "neck" or "hillbilly" and I would imagine he can hold himself better in a conversation and in posts then you seem to be able too.

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
To this whole thread.

Serenity Now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqx7YX4tPU&feature=related

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
You can live in your Ivory tower if you want but you are the only one believing this nonsense. The NFL doesn't agree with you and since the Titans/Oilers are part of the NFL I guess that just makes you flat out wrong ... again.

Kind of a double standard to come into a thread calling another team classless while you sling terms directed at another poster like "neck" and "hillbillies". I've met BIP and he is neither a "neck" or "hillbilly" and I would imagine he can hold himself better in a conversation and in posts then you seem to be able too.

Why would anybody want to "hold himself" while in a conversation or posting on a MB? Is this something your kind does on a daily basis? Watch Deliverance a few too many times, did ya? Crazy I tell ya, just plain crazy.

Dread-Head
12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
To this whole thread.

Serenity Now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqx7YX4tPU&feature=related

Serenity now...insanity later.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Why would anybody want to "hold himself" while in a conversation or posting on a MB?

'Babe' thread???

toronto
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM

Been a long year eh? First Obama, now the Titans. :whip:

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
'Babe' thread???

Sure, for normal men, but we're talking about titan fans here, TB. The closest thing to a babe for them is their neighbor's pig, 'Babe'.

brakos82
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
And now for something completely different!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d80567de4_gallery_600.jpg

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Sure, for normal men, but we're talking about titan fans here, TB. The closest thing to a babe for them is their neighbor's pig, 'Babe'.

:spit: Right, my bad.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 03:58 PM

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2007/09000d5d80567de4_gallery_600.jpg

:confused: WTF was that thing?? I saw it yesterday channel surfing the games and was really at a loss....

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 04:02 PM

:backsout:

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 04:06 PM
:confused: WTF was that thing?? I saw it yesterday channel surfing the games and was really at a loss....

Maybe he drove his cart into a Christmas tree instead of a person this time?? :thinking:

WWJD
12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
At least the Titan players are stomping on something that doesn't bleed or need stitches.

Last time they stomped on one of my Cowboys face.

So they're getting better....

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM

You're right man. Your Trojans...excuse me Titans are invincible. It's not like Lindale White plays offense and has to charge INTO defensive units as part of his job or anything. No wait he does. Well it's not like it's likely they'll face the Steelers in an AFC Championship game and Pittsburgh has the best Defense in the NFL...oh wait they do.

Not sure how you judge D's but I personally judge them on points allowed. As of yesterday Pittsburg no longer holds that being routed and all. If Pitt plays like they did yesterday I doubt they make it past there first game.

Well it's not like the Steelers take the whole "Terrible Towel" thing seriously or that defenses attempt to extract brutal revenge of muff-huggas for doing stupid shiznit...oh wait they do. What were we talking about again. Ah yes...your team will never face the Steelers again. In fact the entire organization will cease to exist and be replaced by small fuzzy bunny rabbits, one of which Bud Adams can use as a toupeé at some point to replace the one he's currently wearing which he obviously got at Howard Cossell's yard sale.

Oh I am sure the Titans are so scared of the Steelers. :rolleyes: Please it is the same scum bag team it has always been. It is not like the steelers do not have a reputation for bs retribution stuff. How quick Oiler fans forget the past.

If your Trojans make it past the Steelers they'll limp out. The Steelers will show up and turn that game into a hit parade and when they lose I want you to remember Mr. White stomping on that towel.

If the Steelers mark one of our player you can bet Haysworth will smear Rothels-Goon so deep in the mud he will be asking what car he ran his bike into this time. And if Ward wants to go over the middle Bulluck will have a little something special for him as well. What goes around comes around and everyone knows the steelers are a bunch of cheap shot whiney bastards.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Why would anybody want to "hold himself" while in a conversation or posting on a MB? Is this something your kind does on a daily basis? Watch Deliverance a few too many times, did ya? Crazy I tell ya, just plain crazy.

I would explain the phrase "hold themselves in conversation" but you can not see the blocks I would have to use to explain it to you. :tiphat:

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 04:14 PM

There was nothing to fight over. Slug Adams had ALL the rights to keep the name, colors, and records, as he was the SOLE owner of the franchise from the beginning. There was never an opportunity to negotiate the rights with him and there was never a chance that he would be honorable about the whole deal.

And he didn't creep away with it. He negotiated a deal with Nashville while suing the city of Houston, the county, and Astrodome USA to prevent them from interfering with his negotiations. Slug had no desire to work with the Houston Rodeo or anyone else. He wanted the city and county to give him a stadium that he could control 100%. The sooner that fat piece of human waste passes on to meet his daddy Lucifer, the better, IMO.

Comparing them to the Browns is apples and oranges.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 04:16 PM
If the Steelers mark one of our player you can bet Haysworth will smear Rothels-Goon so deep in the mud he will be asking what car he ran his bike into this time. And if Ward wants to go over the middle Bulluck will have a little something special for him as well. What goes around comes around and everyone knows the steelers are a bunch of cheap shot whiney bastards.

Holy :potkettle: Batman!!

Fat Al has as many cheap shots as the entire Steelers team. Couple his fat ass with Cortland "Bush League" Finnegan and you got a pair of cheap shot artists.

As far as the "whiney bastards" comment goes....see titans post game comments after being defeated by the Texans.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM

T-Rac has a lot of balls!

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 04:23 PM
T-Rac has a lot of balls!

And in typical tinnbred fashion they're mutated, mis-located and just not right...

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
And in typical tinnbred fashion they're mutated, mis-located and just not right...

Word to your mother.

Dread-Head
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Not sure how you judge D's but I personally judge them on points allowed. As of yesterday Pittsburg no longer holds that being routed and all. If Pitt plays like they did yesterday I doubt they make it past there first game.

Oh I am sure the Titans are so scared of the Steelers. :rolleyes: Please it is the same scum bag team it has always been. It is not like the steelers do not have a reputation for bs retribution stuff. How quick Oiler fans forget the past.

Hatesworth? Wow. You guys figured out some way of getting that 500 pound bag of pig feces to walk again! Good for you! I thought the karma he got from one of his own team mates knocking a guy (via cheap shot) into the knee that surprisingly doesn't buckle from supporting that massive Buddah belly would have made him grow a big mustache, put on a flannel shirt and write a numbered list of everything he's ever done wrong. "I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Haysworth." The Steelers had an off game and in the play offs are a different organization as their five superbowls will attest. The Steelers give BETTER than they get. BTW Hines Ward is more than capable of taking out Miss Finnegan like a bad tooth. We all know what the Trojans do in the play offs the entertainment is seeing how they'll F it up this year.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 04:26 PM

He is a raccoon half of that stuff probably came from your trash can.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 04:28 PM
He is a raccoon half of that stuff probably came from your trash can.

So you agree that Tennesseans wear trash.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 04:36 PM

I guess so. I read that the same way you did... :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 04:36 PM

The only thing I am agreeing to is raccoons dig through your trash.

Titansfan3801
12-22-2008, 04:48 PM

You're right man. Your Trojans...excuse me Titans are invincible. It's not like Lindale White plays offense and has to charge INTO defensive units as part of his job or anything. No wait he does. Well it's not like it's likely they'll face the Steelers in an AFC Championship game and Pittsburgh has the best Defense in the NFL...oh wait they do. Well it's not like the Steelers take the whole "Terrible Towel" thing seriously or that defenses attempt to extract brutal revenge of muff-huggas for doing stupid shiznit...oh wait they do. What were we talking about again. Ah yes...your team will never face the Steelers again. In fact the entire organization will cease to exist and be replaced by small fuzzy bunny rabbits, one of which Bud Adams can use as a toupeé at some point to replace the one he's currently wearing which he obviously got at Howard Cossell's yard sale.

Pittsburg has the best defense in the NFL? Well, after yesterday, they don't in terms of points per game, the Titans do. We also have a better giveaway/takeaway ratio. What are the two most important things for a defense? If you said points allowed and turnovers, you'd be right! It's not like we already beat the Steelers... oh wait, we just did. Well, it's not like we beat them significantly, or anything... well, we did more than double their score, and won the turnover battle 4-0. Hmmm... Well, the Steelers will be better next time, and the Titans won't... well, except the Titans will get their two best defensive players back...

Yeah, I'm not scared of the Steelers in the playoffs. They have to come back in our house, and we'll paste them again. We're 7-1 all time against the Steelers in our house. Meanwhile, you Texans' fans can enjoy the couch, as usual.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Meanwhile, you Texans' fans can enjoy the couch, as usual.

We will. Last year's tinnbred's choke job errrrrrrrr performance was very enjoyable.

Tennessee's slogan "One & Done Lives Here!"

Señor Stan
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM

and they haven't dropped yet.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
We will. Last year's tinnbred's choke job errrrrrrrr performance was very enjoyable.

Don't you choke by being the favored team and then losing? We held LT in check the entire game and beat the Chargers up but lost. We beat the spread. I fail to see that as a choke. I know as a Texans fan it is hard to comprehend but you only get that one game to win or lose when it is the playoffs. You do not have another 15 to piss away to teams like the Raiders.

brakos82
12-22-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.titansonline.com/plogger/thumbs/lrg-537-trac.12.11.05_882.jpg

Thank you, thank you very much...

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Don't you choke by being the favored team and then losing? We held LT in check the entire game and beat the Chargers up but lost. We beat the spread. I fail to see that as a choke. I know as a Texans fan it is hard to comprehend but you only get that one game to win or lose when it is the playoffs. You do not have another 15 to piss away to teams like the Raiders.

Did you advance in the playoffs? /END Argument

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 05:17 PM

Why was the cripple coon mascot the last thing I looked at when I first viewed this picture? :thinking:

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Finally, Elvis took Jerry Glanville up on the free ticket..... :)

LonerATO
12-22-2008, 05:20 PM

The best thing about that picture is how the cheerleaders have "cheerleader" as the name on the back in case Titans fans confuse them with players

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
The only thing I am agreeing to is raccoons dig through your trash.

Dig through our trash to decorate your tree

Well you know the saying... a Texan's trash is a Tennesseean's treasure!

but really our state is better in all facets of life when compared to yours or any other in the union for that matter, so at least we have that above y'all

Brando
12-22-2008, 05:28 PM

Reptacular!:spit:

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 05:31 PM

This worthless and pointless thread has been saved by the buttocks of the cheerleader to the right of the mascot.

Yes Mam!

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Dig through our trash to decorate your tree

Well you know the saying... a Texan's trash is a Tennesseean's treasure!

but really our state is better in all facets of life when compared to yours or any other in the union for that matter, so at least we have that above y'all

I'm from CA so again you lose. Sorry.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 05:36 PM
This worthless and pointless thread has been saved by the buttocks of the cheerleader to the right of the mascot.

Yes Mam!

Was there anything else in that picture?

gwallaia
12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Was there anything else in that picture?

Not that I noticed.

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm from CA so again you lose. Sorry.

I did say every other state in the Union. including CA. well maybe y'all have us beat in the avocado dept. but that is it.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 06:03 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/towelstomp.gif

Never gets old!

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Never gets old!

It'd be enjoyable to watch if it were Bud's rug they were stompin on. Hell, everytime I see a photo of the guy I just want to grab it and throw it on the ground and stomp it to death. Anything that fugly needs to be put to rest.

MeLoveTexans
12-22-2008, 06:10 PM
It'd be enjoyable to watch if it were Bud's rug they were stompin on. Hell, everytime I see a photo of the guy I just want to grab it and throw it on the ground and stomp it to death. Anything that fugly needs to be put to rest.

If your planning on that... bring w/ you a bat and flame thrower. you dont want any of its smell to get on your shoes. and i'm pretty sure bud's rug is an symbiote parasite so you need to make sure you burn it or it may take your body over as well.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 06:18 PM

I am sure someone with photoshop skill could make that happen pretty easily.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Why throw it on the ground? Stomp it while its still on Dud's head. Less effort and twice the results.

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Never gets old!

'eh, in the big scheme of things, that's pretty tame. And to be honest, just about every Steelers fan that I've met treats those things like they are some kind of holy clothe or something. I find the incident amusing, but do not be surprised of the ire it might provoke from Steelers Nation (including the players). Like I said, that towel is some kind of talisman to them, with angels singing "hwuaaaaaaaa" every time it is waved around.

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm not going to lie, I laughed at that clip.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
I think I am going to get one to muddy myself and hang it on the wall.

Bring on the Sqeelers and there fans :bat:

Eddyc85
12-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Did you advance in the playoffs? /END Argument

You've never been to the playoffs. /END Argument

Double Barrel
12-22-2008, 07:33 PM

Current franchise, no. The city, yes.

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Ha. Funny how the song remains the same. Different city, same results.

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Finally, Elvis took Jerry Glanville up on the free ticket..... :)

Dude, seriously, LMAO.

I would of repped you four times by now if I could of.

TEXANS84
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM

NASHVILLE, Apr 19, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- The National Football League's Tennessee Titans has bounced male cheerleaders from its squad because they are too dangerous, it was reported Monday.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P1-93609160.html

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
At least when the Oilers errr I mean Titans were in Houston they could make the playoffs. I bet most of you would dancing in the street if you actually could even be in the hunt.

Hell your main forum is rittled with comments about how next year is the year. It is like a Christmas tradition. You get a Christmas tree, kids visit santa, egg nog is back in the stores and Texans fans are talking of how next season will be the year they make the playoffs.

TEXANRED
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
At least when the Oilers errr I mean Titans were in Houston they could make the playoffs. I bet most of you would dancing in the street if you actually could even be in the hunt.

Hell your main forum is rittled with comments about how next year is the year. It is like a Christmas tradition. You get a Christmas tree, kids visit santa, egg nog is back in the stores and Texans fans are talking of how next season will be the year they make the playoffs.

Theres no need to get personal.

axman40
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
What is the big deal, I wipe my buttocks with that yellow rag!
:)

Thorn
12-22-2008, 08:42 PM
The Titans are a better team than the Texans. The Colts are a better team than the Texans. Jacksonville sucks and is in last place.

That's just the way it is in 2008. Not that I like it or anything, but denying the sky is blue is a little silly when you see it's blue.

Dread-Head
12-22-2008, 08:44 PM

Yes Mam!

I like big butts....and I cannot lie...

Kaiser Toro
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
I actually loved watching Lendale step on the towel and I am not a fan of his. It just reeked of attitude and personality, maybe that is what comes with winning because this franchise has been void of intangibles, except for Carr's hair. :gun:

Dread-Head
12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I think I am going to get one to muddy myself and hang it on the wall.

Bring on the Sqeelers and there fans :bat:

The Texans are my team...but I got MAD love for the Steelers. If you ladies make it past Palamalu I have one question to ask of you. Are you gonna blow the Superbowl by the same 12 inches or will ya narrow it down to 11 this time? Your Trojans are gonna get cocky and then become a beaten and bruised obstacle on the way to the Steelers being the first team to #6 :trophy:

DEAL WITH IT! Mother-trucker....Polychronopolous

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I actually loved watching Lendale step on the towel and I am not a fan of his. It just reeked of attitude and personality, maybe that is what comes with winning because this franchise has been void of intangibles, except for Carr's hair. :gun:

Don't think so. There are class organizations that wouldn't put up with that. I highly doubt you would see Brandon Jacobs pulling something similar on the sidelines. Maybe it's because the Giants have been there before and are used to winning.

stingray
12-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Yes Mam!

That is a sweet Butt...

stingray
12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
It doesn't matter. Panthers are gonna win it all anyway..

GuerillaBlack
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I want a Steelers vs Panthers Super Bowl. Steelers going for the first ever sixth Super Bowl and the Panthers going for their first.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
It doesn't matter. Panthers are gonna win it all anyway..

They looked great that first half. I think they will definitely challenge. Personally as a Giants fan I don't want to see them again.

Hookem Horns
12-22-2008, 10:25 PM
I want a Steelers vs Panthers Super Bowl. Steelers going for the first ever sixth Super Bowl and the Panthers going for their first.

It would be the Panthers second. They played in that Houston Super Bowl.

Edit: Never mind, you mean their first SB win, gotcha.

Blazing Arrow
12-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Theres no need to get personal.

I hope that was sarcasm ...

Kaiser Toro
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Don't think so. There are class organizations that wouldn't put up with that. I highly doubt you would see Brandon Jacobs pulling something similar on the sidelines. Maybe it's because the Giants have been there before and are used to winning.

Well, may be it was more than a towel that you are talking about. I am just talking about a symbol that is better used in the bathrrom, a towel.

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 12:00 AM
The Texans are my team...but I got MAD love for the Steelers. If you ladies make it past Palamalu I have one question to ask of you. Are you gonna blow the Superbowl by the same 12 inches or will ya narrow it down to 11 this time? Your Trojans are gonna get cocky and then become a beaten and bruised obstacle on the way to the Steelers being the first team to #6 :trophy:

DEAL WITH IT! Mother-trucker....Polychronopolous

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. How can you make fun of a team for losing a very close Superbowl game when your lousy ass team has never made the playoffs? I don't understand that. It's like a virgin making fun of a guy who hooked up with a decent looking girl.

- Oh yea well the girl you slept with wasn't THAT hot!
- OK virgin.
- So you gonna try and hook up with ANOTHER girl who isn't THAT hot?
- I dunno, maybe I will virgin.
- Well I may be a virgin but at least I didn't sleep with a girl who wasn't THAT hot.
- Yea, you've never slept with a girl period. If you could you would take my sloppy seconds in a heartbeat.
- No. I'll get a SUPER HOT girl next year.
- Where have I heard that before?

imatexan
12-23-2008, 12:05 AM
This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. How can you make fun of a team for losing a very close Superbowl game when your lousy ass team has never made the playoffs? I don't understand that. It's like a virgin making fun of a guy who hooked up with a decent looking girl.

- OK virgin.
- Well I may be a virgin but at least I didn't sleep with a girl who wasn't THAT hot.
- Yea, you've never slept with a girl period. If you could you would take my sloppy seconds in a heartbeat.

I see the wost poster I have ever encountered has decided to come over...I see you begin with your lame posts as usual

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Well, may be it was more than a towel that you are talking about. I am just talking about a symbol that is better used in the bathrrom, a towel.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like the Steelers either and always detested that towel. If it was a fan doing it would have just been funny to me. However you don't want to see professional players acting like that. It just demonstrates poor sportsmanship and lack of class IMO.

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Don't get me wrong. I don't like the Steelers either and always detested that towel. If it was a fan doing it would have just been funny to me. However you don't want to see professional players acting like that. It just demonstrates poor sportsmanship and lack of class IMO.

After a big INT, I wouldn't mind Dunta standing in the middle of the Titans logo a la Terrel Owens.

imatexan
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=imatexan;1082912]

Sorry, we aren't as used to losing as you are. We have a little more pride in our own house.

The fans were pissed because of all of the cocky Steelers. The players were pissed because we were a two point dog in our own house! That's legit. Also, we weren't being cocky until the very end of the game, and at that point, we'd earned it. In a game of the top two conference seeds to determine home field advantage, with a domination like that, this team has earned some pride.

Worried about bulletin board material? They aren't worried about that. Can you imagine how many more sacks we'd get with all of our d-line starters in there? I'm much less worried about the Steelers in the playoffs than about several of the other teams.

If the Steelers are going to twirl their towels in the faces of the other NFL teams, especially on the road, then they need to accept it that the towels will be mocked/messed with when they lose. If they honestly think that their towels are some sort of revered symbol that can't be messed with, that's a little silly.

As for this thread, it's a sad sign of Texans fans wanting to get their sad performance from yesterday off their minds. Yet another season without a winning record. I admired the fight that you put up against us last week, but don't start feeling good about yourselves until you actually break .500.

Stupid Titans fans as always, has nothing to do with losing.
You want to talk about pride show me a state that has more of it?
I wasnt talking about bulliten material, I guess most titans fans are just a little slow and cant figure things out. I was talking about the titans players stomping on the towel is going to motivate The Steelers/thier fans.
Nothing sad about a thread pointing out the truth of a classless organization.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
After a big INT, I wouldn't mind Dunta standing in the middle of the Titans logo a la Terrel Owens.

As much as I disdain the Titans that would piss me off because he would be making a jackass out of himself like those Titans players did yesterday. BTW, Dunta is too mature for that nonsnense.

Even if you haven't been there before at least act like it. Earl Campbell was great at that.

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM

I am probably a Steelers fan after the Texans, but am not emotionally or fiscally invested in them. Sportsmanship to me is how you conduct yourself on the field of play. Personally, I can't wait for the moment where we squash Lendale on the field and step on Bud Adams rug after a playoff clinching victory against the Fitans. Until then, our nice guys still entertain less than half of the season, surprise us about a quarter of the season and the management jacks our ticket prices up.

On another note, I am very happy the Bears won this evening, which means the Texans are playing in a meaningful game on Sunday. I trust they will play to the level of their opponent as they have done most of the year. So we got that going for us. I will be there like I always am and then off to Robert Earl Keen that evening. The Texans better not mess up our anniversay that weekend or I will be extremely put out. :texflag:

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
As much as I disdain the Titans that would piss me off because he would be making a jackass out of himself like those Titans players did yesterday. BTW, Dunta is too mature for that nonsnense.

Even if you haven't been there before at least act like it. Earl Campbell was great at that.

You know what else? I wouldn't be upset if Dunta decided to take a shit on that logo either.

gwallaia
12-23-2008, 12:37 AM

- OK virgin.

And with this juvenile post, the IQ of this thread has officially hit Zero.

GuerillaBlack
12-23-2008, 12:43 AM

- OK virgin.

You complete the ***** circle that is made of Titan fans. You win sir. You win. Congrats.

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Make all the jokes you want but facts are facts, you guys are playoff virgins and you keep making fun of us for losing a Superbowl. Until you guys make the playoffs shut your mouths. Course in order to make the playoffs you may have to win as few as 10 games, that could be a challenge for a soon to be 7 win team like yourselves.

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2008, 01:16 AM
The goal is to win a Super Bowl, scoreboard says Titans 0 - Texans 0. Outside of that you only have content to debate. Facts do suck at times.

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 01:37 AM
The goal is to win a Super Bowl, scoreboard says Titans 0 - Texans 0. Outside of that you only have content to debate. Facts do suck at times.

Yea, and the scoreboard says Peter O'Toole and Hulk Hogan both have zero Oscars for best actor.

imatexan
12-23-2008, 01:42 AM
Yea, and the scoreboard says Peter O'Toole and Hulk Hogan both have zero Oscars for best actor.

Yess and...?

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Yess and...?

Do I really need to explain it?

toronto
12-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Sigh.

Ok, I have gone through a lot of this thread, as painful as it was.

As a longtime poster here, lemme ask you something.

Am I now 'classless?' As someone that has rooted for the Oilers/Titans since I was 6 years old and Earl Campbell's calf was bigger than me, I find it sad that Titans' fans are lumped in as classless, or better yet, marrying their cousins, lacking teeth etc. I've seen a ton of commentary here and elsewhere that sure as fkn hell lacks class.

Dread, wow, bringing up the one yard short? Got nothing else in your arsenal so go for 'ol faithful? Take my word on this - that play has nothing on the 2 hours of hell I sat through at Rich stadium when Don Beebe and Frank Reich ripped my heart out and I had to deal with Western NY's finest, meaning true inbreds.

Hey Bill, do we need to go tour small towns in Texas and find plenty of evidence that Texas has the same inbred/dental hygine problems as Tennessee?

Don't I sound ridiculous making those comments? I sure think so - it's the type of crap I would expect on the Jerry Springer show. Enough of the petty and tiresome banter between Titans/Texans fans. Grow up and talk football. All of us.

Bud Adams may be a putz and robbed you (and me) of the Oilers, but over a decade and change later, some of this needs to cease. It really does grow old.

LonerATO
12-23-2008, 02:58 AM
Do I really need to explain it?

Well if your going by money earned the Hogan has POT beat and if you go by better movies POT kiss Hogans ass even though his best movie was LoA. Hogan's movies pulled a ton of cash and helped introduce Tommy "Tiny" Lister.

http://codeforfun.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/deebo.jpg

gwallaia
12-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Sigh.

Ok, I have gone through a lot of this thread, as painful as it was.

As a longtime poster here, lemme ask you something.

Am I now 'classless?' As someone that has rooted for the Oilers/Titans since I was 6 years old and Earl Campbell's calf was bigger than me, I find it sad that Titans' fans are lumped in as classless, .....

I've been to many NFL and College football stadiums across the great USA and I have come to one conclusion. All football fans are exactly the same. Every team has classless fans, every team has great fans. Its part of football.

Its Bud folks. We truly hate Bud and the idea of him enjoying success is unacceptable and wrong. When he is dead and beginning his new life in Hell, you will see us ease up.

We Love all Football Fans, even the ones rooting for the Titans.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 08:42 AM

The HOUSTON Oilers went to the playoffs often...

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I've been to many NFL and College football stadiums across the great USA and I have come to one conclusion. All football fans are exactly the same. Every team has classless fans, every team has great fans. Its part of football.

Its Bud folks. We truly hate Bud and the idea of him enjoying success is unacceptable and wrong. When he is dead and beginning his new life in Hell, you will see us ease up.

Bingo. Exactly what I told those fine Tennessee folks that graced Blue Crew with their presence two weeks ago. Our hatred for their team will die with Dud..

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 08:54 AM

- OK virgin.

Quite simply, the dumbest post ever...

First off, many of us have had two teams. The HOUSTON Oilers and the Texans. True that the Texans have yet to make the playoffs in only 7 seasons. Oh boy!! Whoooopdie....

As far as making fun of Tennessee falling one yard short in the Super Bowl, let's just say we see it as fitting for a scumbag owner. Call it karma. So close, yet so far for Rug Head and his "second rate operation".

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Titansfan3801;1082968]

Stupid Titans fans as always, has nothing to do with losing.
You want to talk about pride show me a state that has more of it?
I wasnt talking about bulliten material, I guess most titans fans are just a little slow and cant figure things out. I was talking about the titans players stomping on the towel is going to motivate The Steelers/thier fans.
Nothing sad about a thread pointing out the truth of a classless organization.

Ha! You don't even understand the meaning of the term "bulletin board material"! Hahahaha! Stupid Texans!

It's a reference to providing the other team with something they can put up on their bulletin board (not an online board, but a push pin board for announcements) and look at all week before a rematch. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT! What, the Steelers weren't motivated by the shot at the #1 seed? They wouldn't be already playing at their best in the AFC Championship Game? We can beat them either way. We'll have KVB and Haynesworth back, and Ben won't get a freaking pass off all day. We don't fear the Steelers, they come into our house, they're going to get stomped on.

toronto
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM

My post was partially just one big loud sigh, part 'enough already.' I know the vile towards Bud, and I have a lot of the same hatred. He robbed me of the Houston Oilers, by far my first and biggest love. That said, I made the decision to move on, and root for the team, even with the toupeed wart owning the sucker. I guess I woulda thought having the Texans now for several years would have eased that hatred, but I have seen over the last few years that it won't end. Kinda like Browns fans that still want to see Modell burn in hell, even with their beloved Browns back.

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
The HOUSTON Oilers went to the playoffs often...

The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too. But comparing the Titans to the Texans, it's no contest. 6 playoff trips, 5 playoff wins, an AFC Championship, a Superbowl appearance, oh, and three division titles. All of those are things that the Texans haven't even come close to.

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM

Future generations of Fitans fans will only know about the legacy of Hulk Hogan. I would imagine that if you asked a Fitan who Peter O'Toole was, they would take a swing at you. I kindly refer you to the exhibit A - Tennessee in the year 2040 - although similarities do appear today, please believe me this is the future, yes it has electrolytes Scro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 10:27 AM
The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too. But comparing the Titans to the Texans, it's no contest. 6 playoff trips, 5 playoff wins, an AFC Championship, a Superbowl appearance, oh, and three division titles. All of those are things that the Texans haven't even come close to.

Thank you Captain Obvious. The Oilers are not the Texans. Brilliant. Did you deduce that all by yourself?

Like I said, I've had two teams. The current team is just growing out of it's infancy and getting better. The Oilers passed away in 1996. Columbia Blue turned to powder blue and John Runyan is the last Oiler in the league.

Last, you're right. There is no comparison between the Tits and Texans. The Titans organization (Dud Adams) took 33 years to make it to the Super Bowl. The Texans have existed for 7.

FILO_girl
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM

Argh...how long will we be compared to the Tacks? I don't think the demise of The Bad Rug will do it...

Not all of us Texans fans are former Oiler fans, so cut some slack on both sides. :voodoo:
(go Pack!)

HOU-TEX
12-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Vince Young's the best QB to ever play the game!!!!

:worm:

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious. The Oilers are not the Texans. Brilliant. Did you deduce that all by yourself?

Like I said, I've had two teams. The current team is just growing out of it's infancy and getting better. The Oilers passed away in 1996. Columbia Blue turned to powder blue and John Runyan is the last Oiler in the league.

Last, you're right. There is no comparison between the Tits and Texans. The Titans organization (Dud Adams) took 33 years to make it to the Super Bowl. The Texans have existed for 7.

Bud isn't the Titans. You can't have it both ways, and support the oilers, but bash the Titans for the oilers history. I'll take it either way.

In the first ten years of the Titans' history, we accomplished all of the above. You are statistically incapable of matching them in the next three years, even if we don't add to them, which it looks like we will.

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Argh...how long will we be compared to the Tacks? I don't think the demise of The Bad Rug will do it...

Not all of us Texans fans are former Oiler fans, so cut some slack on both sides. :voodoo:
(go Pack!)

I'm pretty sure I remember you from our board, and sorry for the comparison, but it's always going to happen.

For what it's worth, I'm not actually an Oiler fan. I'm a nashville native who starter following the team when it left Houston. The Titans are my team, not the Oilers. I'll accept some bashing for the history if I have to, but if I have to accept it, then you people can't claim to be Oilers fans.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Just for the record, I didn't say the Titans fans were classless (actually the ones I have met are too darn nice). At least the ones outside of Texas that is. I don't know where that got lost in this thread.

The entire point of my initial post was the team is classless, or at least certain players. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't have thought twice if I saw a fan in the stands stomping on a Terrible Towel. However seeing players doing some kind of ceremonial dance on it on the sidelines was ridiculous. I know they haven't ever won anything before however they can at least act like it.

Of course there have been other actions on and off the field by certain players that make me draw this conclusion also. Butterworth's stomping on a players head, his comments about injuring opposing team's QBs, Finnegan's dirty hits, etc.

toronto
12-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Just for the record, I didn't say the Titans fans were classless (actually the ones I have met are too darn nice). At least the ones outside of Texas that is. I don't know where that got lost in this thread.

The entire point of my initial post was the team is classless, or at least certain players. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't have thought twice if I saw a fan in the stands stomping on a Terrible Towel. However seeing players doing some kind of ceremonial dance on it on the sidelines was ridiculous. I know they haven't ever won anything before however they can at least act like it.

Of course there have been other actions on and off the field by certain players that make me draw this conclusion also. Butterworth's stomping on a players head, his comments about injuring opposing team's QBs, Finnegan's dirty hits, etc.

It got lost in the usual barrage of insults that often fly towards Titans fans about their teeth or marrying habits. :voodoo: Guess Bud still does that.

Anyways, I'm done venting. On the issue of the towel stomp?

The love of the stinking dish rag always escaped me. Yeah White and Scaife were childish....but I kinda understand it. 12-2 and a 3 point underdog at home? All the talking heads extoling the virtues of the Steeler D and barely uttering a word about the Titans...

The level of disrespect the team has gotten all year has given them a huge chip on their shoulder. 10-0 start? Fluke and an easy schedule. Jets win? Told you so, they're overrated. Texans win? Peaked too early, the run for Collins is over. Other teams always considered a bigger championship threat, and even yesterday, I watched ESPN's talking heads still refuse to give the Titans that 'favorite' mantle, appointing the Colts and Steelers as co-faves. (saying PIT would not lose twice to TEN, even though the Titans have owned the Steelers at LP and will have Al and KVB back next time) So I guess that the players, the ones that read the newspaper or watch ESPN, were ready to let out their emotions after they punked the Steelers. WTF does the team have to do? I guess we both know the answer. Win the whole frigging thing.

In a sense, I'm glad the media has refused to give the Titans much respect. They keep that ammo for the playoffs and maintain the chip on their shoulder you saw at the end of Sunday's game.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Bud isn't the Titans. You can't have it both ways, and support the oilers, but bash the Titans for the oilers history. I'll take it either way.

In the first ten years of the Titans' history, we accomplished all of the above. You are statistically incapable of matching them in the next three years, even if we don't add to them, which it looks like we will.

I can have it anyway I want it. The Houston Oilers existed from 1960 to 1996. I supported the Oilers players who played their hearts out for this city, i.e. Earl, Dante, Elvin, Dr. Doom etc. I can bash the Titans for the reason stated; Dud "the Bad Rug" Adams.

It's not as simple as saying the first 10 years of the Titan's history. If I remember correctly (and I do) players like Bruce, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Blaine Bishop, and coach Jeff Fisher were all Houston Oilers, therefore many of those pieces were already in place prior to the move.

MeLoveTexans
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM

Titans were not an expansion franchise so your argument is null and void. Titans just moved and changed their name, they already had a roster w/ some proven players when they left Houston, Including future HOF'ers that were drafted originally as HOUSTON Oilers.

Your argument would be the same to say the Ravens won it all when they were only 4 years into the league when everyone knows they were the old browns all along.

Name/Location changing and expansion teams are not the same. Give the Texans a Roster like the Titans had in 1997 and they would not have gone 4-12 their first year.

Now if you said all along you were referring to the years 1960-1970, then i agree, Texans will not be able to accomplish as much as your team did in its first 10 years (4 AFL championship appearances 2 wins).

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 11:32 AM
It got lost in the usual barrage of insults that often fly towards Titans fans about their teeth or marrying habits. :voodoo: Guess Bud still does that.

The love of the stinking dish rag always escaped me. Yeah White and Scaife were childish....but I kinda understand it. 12-2 and a 3 point underdog at home? All the talking heads extoling the virtues of the Steeler D and barely uttering a word about the Titans...

The level of disrespect the team has gotten all year has given them a huge chip on their shoulder. 10-0 start? Fluke and an easy schedule. Jets win? Told you so, they're overrated. Texans win? Peaked too early, the run for Collins is over. Other teams always considered a bigger championship threat, and even yesterday, I watched ESPN's talking heads still refuse to give the Titans that 'favorite' mantle, appointing the Colts and Steelers as co-faves. (saying PIT would not lose twice to TEN, even though the Titans have owned the Steelers at LP and will have Al and KVB back next time) So I guess that the players, the ones that read the newspaper or watch ESPN, were ready to let out their emotions after they punked the Steelers. WTF does the team have to do? I guess we both know the answer. Win the whole frigging thing.

In a sense, I'm glad the media has refused to give the Titans much respect. They keep that ammo for the playoffs and maintain the chip on their shoulder you saw at the end of Sunday's game.

I think if you go back and revisit this boards threads about the Titan's season, you will see more positive posts than "fluke" comments. Comments such as dominating "D" or dominating run game. Of course that gets lost when Titans fans come here and talk trash about the Texans and/or Oilers (with a few notable exceptions and you know who those few are).

MeLoveTexans
12-23-2008, 11:34 AM
I can have it anyway I want it. The Houston Oilers existed from 1960 to 1996. I supported the Oilers players who played their hearts out for this city, i.e. Earl, Dante, Elvin, Dr. Doom etc. I can bash the Titans for the reason stated; Dud "the Bad Rug" Adams.

It's not as simple as saying the first 10 years of the Titan's history. If I remember correctly (and I do) players like Bruce, Steve McNair, Eddie George, Blaine Bishop, and coach Jeff Fisher were all Houston Oilers, therefore many of those pieces were already in place prior to the move.

QFT.

Titans didnt have to build from the ground up. they had a solid foundation when they moved to possum holler. which is more than you can say about the mobile homes on cinder blocks that most Tack fans live in.

Mailman
12-23-2008, 11:39 AM
The HOUSTON Oilers are not the Texans. I'm fine with you having pride in the Oilers, many of us have pride in them too.

Well gosh, thanks. That is so generous of you!

Just who the fugg do you think you are telling us former Oiler diehards what we can and can't feel about our former team? As a fan, you are nothing. Houstonians sowed those seeds long before you even knew what it meant to have a professional sports franchise, and you can kiss right off.

No, Bud isn't the Titans and he certainly wasn't the Oilers. His franchise would not be where it is today were it not for HOUSTONIANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT TEAM. Again, you Tennesseans were nothing to Bud but suckers willing to throw dollars at him to steal the NFL team from the nation's fourth-largest city. You probably weren't even alive during those formative years of the franchise, and you think you can tell us what history we can have?

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 11:46 AM

As far as the Titans being an underdog they did just come off a loss to the Texans where Collins looked terrible so that is somewhat understandable. However that being said the Steelers despite winning had not been looking too good themselves. Romo gifted them a win 2 weeks before and I don't think they looked too impressive versus Baltimore and they could have easily lost that game also. Offensively the Steelers are just not that good. IMO, the best the Steelers have looked all year was the game against the Giants. They lost but they looked impressive in that loss. I thought they would be better following that game.

Sure the Towel is a dish rag, however I would have thought the same if it were a Steelers hat, pom pom, jersey, whatever.

Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Imagine if during the Luv Ya Blue era if Steelers players would have been on the sidelines dancing on an Oilers pom pom or one of those Luv Ya Blue signs. You wouldn't have thought of that as being a classless act showing no sportsmanship? The city of Houston would have been outraged.

:bat:

http://www.seaturtle.org/blog/mgodfrey/pow.jpg

Double Barrel
12-23-2008, 11:52 AM

Good point, and the funny thing is, I don't see their coach allowing their players to act in such a manner, much less whining to the press about defending cheap shots from his players that got fined by the league.

toronto
12-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Good point, and the funny thing is, I don't see their coach allowing their players to act in such a manner, much less whining to the press about defending cheap shots from his players that got fined by the league.

When did Fisher whine about Finnegan? IIRC, Fisher was pissed at him bigtime and called out his fouls as a major issue they lost the Texans' game.

Fisher has been a class act for a long time now, and one of the main reasons why I've been able to transition to the Titans from the Oil. Lord knows it wasn't the owner.

toronto
12-23-2008, 12:00 PM
As far as the Titans being an underdog they did just come off a loss to the Texans where Collins looked terrible so that is somewhat understandable. However that being said the Steelers despite winning had not been looking too good themselves. Romo gifted them a win 2 weeks before and I don't think they looked too impressive versus Baltimore and they could have easily lost that game also. Offensively the Steelers are just not that good. IMO, the best the Steelers have looked all year was the game against the Giants. They lost but they looked impressive in that loss. I thought they would be better following that game.

Sure the Towel is a dish rag, however I would have thought the same if it were a Steelers hat, pom pom, jersey, whatever.

You see last week's SI cover? Didn't you know? They're the toast of the NFL!

I woulda been much more pissed by the loss than the luv ya blue pom pom getting desecrated. If I had to choose between the Renfro play or a pom-pom, it's an easy choice, as a fan or a player. And BTW, as someone that spent a few games at Three Rivers, trust me, they ain't that classy.

Double Barrel
12-23-2008, 12:05 PM
When did Fisher whine about Finnegan? IIRC, Fisher was pissed at him bigtime and called out his fouls as a major issue they lost the Texans' game.

Fisher has been a class act for a long time now, and one of the main reasons why I've been able to transition to the Titans from the Oil. Lord knows it wasn't the owner.

Finnegan was selected to his first Pro Bowl this week and is known for his aggressive play, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher defended his cornerback saying that both calls were questionable.

Finnegan fined $25,000 for hit on Schaub (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56995)

As I mentioned in that thread, I would think that the Co-Chair of the NFL competition committee would hold his players to a higher standard. Guess I would be wrong in that assumption. But it doesn't matter, Fisher could give a rat's ass if I respect him less or not.

toronto
12-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Finnegan fined $25,000 for hit on Schaub (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56995)

As I mentioned in that thread, I would think that the Co-Chair of the NFL competition committee would hold his players to a higher standard. Guess I would be wrong in that assumption. But it doesn't matter, Fisher could give a rat's ass if I respect him less or not.

Touche on this one. I thought the spear on Daniels was just flat out stupid. I can actually understand the hit on the QB, lord knows players are taught to blitz and hit the QB, but Finny had time to think and still human missiled himself into a tackled Daniels. To me that was the dumbass play that deserved a fine. The NFL just chooses to always fine QB hits.

And yes, Fisher has shown from the get go this season that this is his ship, and he can give a flying rat's ass what the outside world thinks. The us vs. them mentality he has going for his club sure has worked thus far.

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Well gosh, thanks. That is so generous of you!

Just who the fugg do you think you are telling us former Oiler diehards what we can and can't feel about our former team? As a fan, you are nothing. Houstonians sowed those seeds long before you even knew what it meant to have a professional sports franchise, and you can kiss right off.

No, Bud isn't the Titans and he certainly wasn't the Oilers. His franchise would not be where it is today were it not for HOUSTONIANS WHO SUPPORTED THAT TEAM. Again, you Tennesseans were nothing to Bud but suckers willing to throw dollars at him to steal the NFL team from the nation's fourth-largest city. You probably weren't even alive during those formative years of the franchise, and you think you can tell us what history we can have?

Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day? My point is simply that if you're going to claim Oiler's history as former "die hards," it's pretty contradictory to then bash the Oilers. Sure makes you great fans.

Fans hating on other fans is always an interesting phenomenon to me. Claims that others aren't real fans, especially when the person making the claim has little or no personal knowledge of the person that they're making the claim against. It really is a fantastic accomplishment that you're old, and that you've been following professional sports in your city for a long time. I'm very impressed. I grew up in a city without an NFL team. I was thrilled to get the team, and have been an avid follower ever since. As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 12:32 PM
The us vs. them mentality he has going for his club sure has worked thus far.

Maybe we should cheer the Titans on then. Throw them off their game... :whip:

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day? My point is simply that if you're going to claim Oiler's history as former "die hards," it's pretty contradictory to then bash the Oilers. Sure makes you great fans..
We don't really bash the Oilers as much as we bash Dud. I have yet to see one post bashing Earl, Dr. Doom, Elvin, etc.. The closest I've seen anyone bash an Oiler player was Moon and that was a criticism of his inability to win in big games - not a bash.

Fans hating on other fans is always an interesting phenomenon to me. Claims that others aren't real fans, especially when the person making the claim has little or no personal knowledge of the person that they're making the claim against. It really is a fantastic accomplishment that you're old, and that you've been following professional sports in your city for a long time. I'm very impressed. I grew up in a city without an NFL team. I was thrilled to get the team, and have been an avid follower ever since. As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.

Comprehension is not one of your better suits, eh?? This has been discussed ad naseum. It's called corporate welfare. Reply when you get your facts straight.

toronto
12-23-2008, 12:52 PM
We don't really bash the Oilers as much as we bash Dud. I have yet to see one post bashing Earl, Dr. Doom, Elvin, etc.. The closest I've seen anyone bash an Oiler player was Moon and that was a criticism of his inability to win in big games - not a bash.

Comprehension is not one of your better suits, eh?? This has been discussed ad naseum. It's called corporate welfare. Reply when you get your facts straight.

Man has this one been done to death. A rich guy/gal got a better deal after the current city refused to play ball. Nothing Al Davis, Georgia Frontiere, Art Modell, Jim Irsay, Ralph Wilson, Bud et al haven't all done, or will do again, assuming they're alive to try. Hell Leon Hess/Woody Johnson still shares a stadium and will share the next one with the Giants to save $$ and he's a billionaire beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still convinced if you asked a Browns' fan who was more evil, Modell or Hitler, that they would want to ponder the question before answering, and that the vote would be close.

Edit, I might be wrong on the Jets sharing a new stadium?

Double Barrel
12-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to figure out these Titans trolls (and not talking about our regular members).

Y'all have a 13-2 team with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, yet you troll a Texans forum with unbridled arrogance.

You do realize that the players play the game and YOU WATCH, yeah?

Perhaps there is something inherently inferior about being from Tennessee that causes someone to try to fill the void within themselves by trolling other teams' boards.

Interestingly enough, the better Titans fans in this forum don't actually reside in Tennessee. Perhaps they avoided the tainted water supply that seems to infect individuals to possess such small brains? With that in mind, it should be no wonder why Slug Adams moved his team, and it has nothing to do with the support he got for decades from Houston fans.

Y'all are easily taking the cake away from Cowboys fans for being complete douchebags... :thinking:

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 12:55 PM
... but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it.

You guys are still believing that crap? Do the people on this board sound like people who didn't support their team? I assume if it makes you feel better when you go to sleep at night go ahead. At least Houston got it's own team and didn't have to steal one away from other fans. Sure, the fans have to wait longer for success rather than being handed a team that was already built, however it should be worth it in the long run.

toronto
12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out these Titans trolls (and not talking about our regular members).

Y'all have a 13-2 team with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, yet you troll a Texans forum with unbridled arrogance.

Perhaps there is something inherently inferior about being from Tennessee that causes someone to try to fill the void within themselves by trolling other teams' boards.

Interestingly enough, the better Titans fans in this forum don't actually reside in Tennessee. Perhaps they avoided the tainted water supply that seems to infect individuals to possess such small brains? With that in mind, it should be no wonder why Slug Adams moved his team, and it has nothing to do with the support he got for decades from Houston fans.

Y'all are easily taking the cake away from Cowboys fans for being complete douchebags... :thinking:

Nah, not arrogance, but there's a definate chip on some shoulders. And for the record, NO ONE ON THE PLANET are bigger douchebags than Cowboy fans. They are in a class/planet of their own. Case closed.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Man has this one been done to death. A rich guy/gal got a better deal after the current city refused to play ball. Nothing Al Davis, Georgia Frontiere, Art Modell, Jim Irsay, Ralph Wilson, Bud et al haven't all done, or will do again, assuming they're alive to try. Hell Leon Hess still shares a stadium and will share the next one with the Giants to save $$ and he's a billionaire beyond my wildest dreams. I'm still convinced if you asked a Browns' fan who was more evil, Modell or Hitler, that they would want to ponder the question before answering, and that the vote would be close.

Exactly, and your point proves it has nothing to do with the fans, just politics. Bud was a horrible politician and that is why he got stuck having to move into a smaller, less desirable market. If Bud would haved "played ball" a little more intelligently he would have gotten his stadium and been able to stay where he wanted.

The man obviously still longs for Texas if his draftday decisions are any indication.

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 01:07 PM
DB, in fairness 3801 has been trying to log on to this site for a while ... before the first game and had issues. Everyone has to put thier foot in the door.

Mailman
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Ha, why don't you just go ahead and call me a "whippersnapper" and tell me how things were in your day?

Great, thanks for asking. I have many fond memories watching Houston's three pro sports teams (and our semi-pro Phi Slama Jama bunch) during my childhood and teen years. I could also tell you many great stories about the awesomeness of living in Austin since 1989, but you'd just be jealous and might consider moving here. I'm not even forty yet so taking a swing at my age is damn funny. My point is the same point Texan Bill has made here: you have no legitimate claim to the Houston Oilers. Being a lifelong fan of a team is about identity. You can rightly claim a stake to the identity of the Tennessee Titans from 1999-present, but you have no basis for making any statements about OUR OILERS. They were ours, not yours. We wore the derrick and the Columbia blue, we waved those pom poms in the Dome, we welcomed the team back from the devastating losses in Pittsburgh, we screamed our lungs out for Earl Campbell, we winced every time Dan Pastorini took a hit on those broken ribs, we suffered through the Hugh Campbell years and the Buffalo Debacle and the Joe Montana playoff game....you did none of this. You have no right to this history, let alone any authority to tell us otherwise.

As to Houstonians being the real "seed sowers" of the franchise, that's wonderful, but maybe if Houstonians had been a little better supporters they could have kept their own team. Bud found a city with people who wanted an NFL team enough to financially support it. You can call us suckers all you want, but it won't change the fact that because we paid for it, we have the Titans, while you're stuck with the Texans. And as someone else said, you can't compare the Texans to the Titans, the Titans are just better.

You have no clue about any of this. I suggest you familiarize yourself with your owner's business history.

SheTexan
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
And for the record, NO ONE ON THE PLANET are bigger douchebags than Cowboy fans. They are in a class/planet of their own. Case closed.

That is very true!! AND, you can bet your cousin's ass I'll be one of them, for a day, IF the meatballs from HELL ever play the cowpads in the SB!! Case closed!!

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
That is very true!! AND, you can bet your cousin's ass I'll be one of them, for a day, IF the meatballs from HELL ever play the cowpads in the SB!! Case closed!!

A Cowboys / Titans Super Bowl? OMG, that would be like watching Hitler and Bin Ladin go at it in a boxing ring or maybe more appropriately Bud Adams vs Jerry Jones. You would have to feel dirty rooting for either one.

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
A Cowboys / Titans Super Bowl? OMG, that would be like watching Hitler and Bin Ladin go at it in a boxing ring or maybe more appropriately Bud Adams vs Jerry Jones. You would have to feel dirty rooting for either one.

And if the Texans and Titans could some how play in a Super Bowl it would be like watching Ali vs. Timmy from south park.

toronto
12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Great, thanks for asking. I have many fond memories watching Houston's three pro sports teams (and our semi-pro Phi Slama Jama bunch) during my childhood and teen years. I could also tell you many great stories about the awesomeness of living in Austin since 1989, but you'd just be jealous and might consider moving here. I'm not even forty yet so taking a swing at my age is damn funny. My point is the same point Texan Bill has made here: you have no legitimate claim to the Houston Oilers. Being a lifelong fan of a team is about identity. You can rightly claim a stake to the identity of the Tennessee Titans from 1999-present, but you have no basis for making any statements about OUR OILERS. They were ours, not yours. We wore the derrick and the Columbia blue, we waved those pom poms in the Dome, we welcomed the team back from the devastating losses in Pittsburgh, we screamed our lungs out for Earl Campbell, we winced every time Dan Pastorini took a hit on those broken ribs, we suffered through the Hugh Campbell years and the Buffalo Debacle and the Joe Montana playoff game....you did none of this. You have no right to this history, let alone any authority to tell us otherwise.

To this day, I still cannot believe we blew this game. We finally had homefield and a bye, and the strongest team ever assembled. Sigh. Jack Pardee. Double sigh.

Mailman
12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
At least Houston got it's own team and didn't have to steal one away from other fans. Sure, the fans have to wait longer for success rather than being handed a team that was already built, however it should be worth it in the long run.

Exactly. I'm not the type of sports fan who jumps from team to team or just decides to be a fan of a team for some arbitrary reason. I guess I'm a traditionalist in this regard--your team is decided for you by geography or by blood.

If Houston acquired an NFL castoff, I would not be a fan of that team because I would not buy into lie of stealing another city's sports identity.

I'm confident many Titans fans in Tennessee feel the same way deep down even if they won't say it aloud. They know they stole an identity and a legacy that is not rightfully theirs.

Specnatz
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
And if the Texans and Titans could some how play in a Super Bowl it would be like watching Ali vs. Timmy from south park.

Going by your analogy and how analogies work ...

Texans = Ali
titans = Timmy from south park

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Going by your analogy and how analogies work ...

Texans = Ali
titans = Timmy from south park

Possibly the Ali of today ...

Specnatz
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Possibly the Ali of today ...

And you wonder why people think titans fans are not very classy.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 01:54 PM
And you wonder why people think titans fans are not very classy.

Again, this thread wasn't meant to be about the fans, just the players. Let's get back on topic here. ;)

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2008, 02:09 PM

The Texans would definitely be Timmy and the Titans would be Jimmy, with Bud Adams playing Mr. Slippyfist and Albert Haynesworth playing Big Gay Al.

imatexan
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Again, this thread wasn't meant to be about the fans, just the players. Let's get back on topic here. ;)

Agreed.

Although as I have stated before I do believe that most titans fans show very little class from what I have encountered(ie. on message board,at games,in general). I hate the titans for things like the dirty hits on Texans players,doing stupid things like stomping on the terrible towel(Steelers were my team growing up, sorry Oilers fans),the Titans fans who invade reliant taunting me when I am watching my team at my teams HOME stadium.

Honestly I think Bud is a jerk but I almost want to do what Joe Texan said to him and thank him for clearing the path for us to have the Texans.

I know that not all titans fans are classeless, there are titans posters on here that show great class. Then there are those who dont, which I know earlier in the thread someone commented on how all NFL fans have the good and bad fans but I cant completely agree with this, some are worse like the titans,cowboys fans.

ChildressTitanMan
12-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Doesn't that rule apply to every teams fans.

Titansfan3801
12-23-2008, 03:55 PM

So many things to respond to, but I'll start with this one. I will apologize for showing up here suddenly and starting right out with the smack talk. To fill you in on the rest of the story, I'm a long time member of the Titans board with many of your regular titans fan visitors who have encouraged me to sign up. I'm not trying to be a troll, and I plan to be around for a while. Unlike many of the others, though, I actually live in Nashville. I'm well aware that I don't play in the games, but let's be honest, all of us who are serious enough fans to be on these boards posting feel some sense of identity with the team. I don't think I'm any farther over that line than most of us. As for being on this board while my team is moving on to bigger and better things... well, as I kind of explained above, my fellow board members who are regulars here have been encouraging me for a while, and I tried to join early in the season when an email problem prevented me from confirming registration. But I'm here, I'm trying not to be too much of a troll, and I'm here to stay. I've put up with Overalls, Silver Oak, and several others over on our board, so I'd appreciate your patience with me.

That being said, back to the discussion...

To Texan Bill, my issue isn't with you bashing individual Oiler players, it's with you saying that you always were die hard Oiler fans, and then turning around and bashing Titans fans for the Oilers' lack of a superbowl. I'll take the smack for the history, but not from people claiming to be fans of that history. As I've said, I'm a Titans fan, I don't try to claim the Oilers' history, though I recognize that others do, as well as Texans fans wanting to claim it to a certain extent. Anyone who followed the team during those years has a right to claim the history, no matter where they live and no matter who they currently support.

Also, to TB and Mailman, I'm perfectly familiar with the concepts behind corporate wellfare. I understand that the fans on this board certainly aren't the ones that let the Oilers leave, but face it, a lot of people in your city didn't step up.

An NFL franchise is a precious things, and a lot of cities that don't have them want them. The notion that we "stole" the team without earning it is ridiculous. We ponied up for the premium boxes and club level seating, and as a club level ticket holder, I'm currently paying the price to keep an NFL team. The fact that Houstonians turned around and ponied up the money AFTER letting the Oilers walk is even sillier.

I understand your anger at Bud, that's fine. But don't take it out on Titans' fans. We're the ones who wanted a franchise badly enough to take it from you. If another city tries to woo the Titans, we're not losing them, we're willing to throw the money after them.

El Tejano
12-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Even a blind pig finds a truffle in a forest. Let me guess you held us to less then the Steelers D so your D is better the the Steelers too?

No. Just when we beat you.

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Quite simply, the dumbest post ever...

First off, many of us have had two teams. The HOUSTON Oilers and the Texans. True that the Texans have yet to make the playoffs in only 7 seasons. Oh boy!! Whoooopdie....

As far as making fun of Tennessee falling one yard short in the Super Bowl, let's just say we see it as fitting for a scumbag owner. Call it karma. So close, yet so far for Rug Head and his "second rate operation".

OK well the Houston Oilers aren't your team anymore the Texans are so we will continue to mock the fact that you have yet to make the playoffs. And if you want karma how about the fact that your city turned on the team and your new team cant win more than 8 games in a season?

Future generations of Fitans fans will only know about the legacy of Hulk Hogan. I would imagine that if you asked a Fitan who Peter O'Toole was, they would take a swing at you. I kindly refer you to the exhibit A - Tennessee in the year 2040 - although similarities do appear today, please believe me this is the future, yes it has electrolytes Scro.

*Sigh*

Since you Texan fans can't seem to grasp my simple analogy I'll just explain myself.

Peter O'Toole is an excellent actor who has never won an Oscar yet he's come close often. The Titans are like Peter O'Toole.

Hulk Hogan is a horrible actor who has never even come close to an Oscar because his movies suck. The Texans are Hulk Hogan.

Honestly, it's not that hard.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.dogtrainingsmartline.com/Animated%20Gifs/Large%20Gifs/big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_lg_clr.gif

ChildressTitanMan
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
It wasn't just Bud who screwed Houston,Lanier was a major reason as to why the Oilers left.That fool had a personal feud with Bud.I get the hate for Bud.He messed with the team just like Al Davis in his younger years & pissed everyone off. I stil think if Lanier wasn't mayor though that the Oilers would still be in Houston.

Ultimately Reliant cost more than a new stadium for the Oilers would have.

I loved the towel stomping.It was criminal when the league split up the central.The Steelers/Oilers rivalry was one of the fiercest in football.Anything goes against the Steelers.

I don't buy that in an AFC championship rematch the Steelers would be any harder to beat because of it.The same tape will be watched & the same changes will be made.

If it happens,the outcome will have little to do with the towel stomping no matter how the media spins it.

If this was the Texans ruining the Steelers day & Houston players do the same the majority of fans would be into it just as much as we are.No point worrying about another game when you can revel in the positives of this one.

ChildressTitanMan
12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
You complete the ***** circle that is made of Titan fans. You win sir. You win. Congrats.

Thanks so much for the neg rep buddy.

I'd return the favour but for the fact that I'm a mature adult.

Hookem Horns
12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Peter O'Toole is an excellent actor who has never won an Oscar yet he's come close often. The Titans are like Peter O'Toole.

Actually more like William Shatner once the post season comes around.

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/star_trek_chokes.jpg

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 06:54 PM

In the end who wins out... kirk or sexy alien chick?

ChildressTitanMan
12-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Actually the Titans remind me more of Ben Jones from the Dukes of Hazzard.

http://www.searchmarketinggurus.com/search_marketing_gurus/images/2007/10/09/cooter_dukes_of_hazzard_2.gif

LOL

Oh boy....here you go. Cooters place (http://www.cootersplace.com/):eek:

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Since you Texan fans can't seem to grasp my simple analogy I'll just explain myself.

Hulk Hogan is a horrible actor who has never even come close to an Oscar because his movies suck. The Texans are Hulk Hogan.

Honestly, it's not that hard.

Come on Scro, it was not hard, I saw your Peter O'Toole and raised you a Mike Judge film. The fact that you did not get the acknowledgement, and a comeback directed to the hick stereotype, and supplemented it with a breakdown speaking to the celebrities in your analogy is at best beguilement and at worst sad.

Just to re-prhrase in good ol' hillbilly high brow jibberish, so that we are on the same page:
Peter O'Toole, he has electrolytes, Caligula, Titans 12-13
Hulk Hogan, does not have electrolytes, Rocky III, Texans 13-12

:piano:

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 07:26 PM

And then we have the movie which best represents the Texans in the post season:

http://www.the-trades.com/pictures/4/40-year-old-virgin.jpg

Double Barrel
12-23-2008, 07:41 PM
And then we have the movie which best represents the Texans in the post season:

http://www.the-trades.com/pictures/4/40-year-old-virgin.jpg

A red "X"? :um:

Don't hate, celebrate. You've got a good football team right now, but instead of showing the positive side of sportsmanship, you act like a worthless troll on a board that has absolutely no love for your team or owner.

That's just sad, man, and quite indicative of the mindset you possess. Your sole reason for existing on this board is to troll, as evidenced by your 12 posts all being in this section.

We might root for a losing team, but you sir, are a loser. And the difference is that our team can start winning next year.

Eddyc85
12-23-2008, 07:51 PM

Don't hate, celebrate. You've got a good football team right now, but instead of showing the positive side of sportsmanship, you act like a worthless troll on a board that has absolutely no love for your team or owner.

That's just sad, man, and quite indicative of the mindset you possess. Your sole reason for existing on this board is to troll, as evidenced by your 12 posts all being in this section.

We might root for a losing team, but you sir, are a loser. And the difference is that our team can start winning next year.

I'll assume you would say the same thing to Imatexan who does the same thing on our board.

Blazing Arrow
12-23-2008, 09:26 PM

Lol ... in a thread called "Titans are a classless team" :thinking:

Hookem Horns
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM

Exactly, Titans are a classless team, not Titans have classless fans.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2008, 08:57 AM
It wasn't just Bud who screwed Houston,Lanier was a major reason as to why the Oilers left.That fool had a personal feud with Bud.I get the hate for Bud.He messed with the team just like Al Davis in his younger years & pissed everyone off. I stil think if Lanier wasn't mayor though that the Oilers would still be in Houston.

Ultimately Reliant cost more than a new stadium for the Oilers would have.

Just to make clear, 56% to a projected 70% of Harris County taxpayers voted against any proposition that included a plan that included taxpayer money given the fact that we were still paying for the renovations that had just taken place 5 years earlier.

Reliant stadium was a different animal. The majority of tax money used comes from hotel and car rentals tax increases. Also included in the deal was a new exhibition hall along with renovations to the Astro Arena and the grounds surrounding the complex. The lease is shared with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which occupies the building for more dates than the Texans. Bud wanted the lease outright.

BTW, the taxpayers of Harris County were paying for the 1987 renovations long after Dud left town.

ChildressTitanMan
12-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Just to make clear, 56% to a projected 70% of Harris County taxpayers voted against any proposition that included a plan that included taxpayer money given the fact that we were still paying for the renovations that had just taken place 5 years earlier.

Reliant stadium was a different animal. The majority of tax money used comes from hotel and car rentals tax increases. Also included in the deal was a new exhibition hall along with renovations to the Astro Arena and the grounds surrounding the complex. The lease is shared with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which occupies the building for more dates than the Texans. Bud wanted the lease outright.

BTW, the taxpayers of Harris County were paying for the 1987 renovations long after Dud left town.

I appreciate the education Bill.

Double Barrel
12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll assume you would say the same thing to Imatexan who does the same thing on our board.

I don't read your board and have no desire to step my virtual foot in the place.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh during this festive holiday season.....but on second thought, naaaaaah, not at all.

When perp comes in here - a thread titled "Titans are a classless team" at that - and starts running virgin smack...do I really need to elaborate?

Is the irony lost here?

And let's clear something up here that seems to be a bit of misconception on the part of certain Titans fans (obviously excluding those of you that followed the Oilers and became Titans fans).

This is the difference between shared memories and franchise records.

We are Houston football fans - the key word here being HOUSTON - and we have a shared past full of memories that we lived and breathed. Our bond with the old Houston Oilers players and the moments shared between us are MEMORIES. These are memories that forged relationships, for many of us grew up during the era of Luv Ya Blue watching our parents go crazy with the football spirit and it is something that is the foundation for our love of football. When we get to meet and greet those old players - who are annually honored by the Houston Texans - there is a shared affection. Their face lights up as much as ours does at meeting them, and the glimmer in the eyes from everyone says it all.

These memories are not something that your fat piece of crap owner can ever take away, and they are something that we Houston fans refuse to allow you carpetbaggers to tarnish!

Most Titans fans have absolutely no memories of that past. All they have is franchise records, which are nothing more than stats on paper/screen. They do not convey the message of the experiences. Sure, they can purchase a Luv Ya Blue t-shirt at the Titans online store, but what does that mean to them? A pithy slogan? Some archaic saying that Slug Adams is trying to dry-hump all the way to the bank? Tennessee fans did not experience the reality of it. All they get is the leftovers from that period. Even some of the Oiler greats do not acknowledge Tennessee or the Titans as a team that they relate to, regardless of 'franchise records' or business continuity within a franchise.

So you want to come into OUR forum and disrespect those memories? We can make fun of your franchise records all we want. We experienced them firsthand. But don't be so small-minded as to confuse memories with records. They are two completely different subjects, and one you can have and the other you will never have. Can you figure out which is which?

ChildressTitanMan
12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
That's a pretty awesome post DB.

Honest,factual,tactful & respectful to the relevant parties.:perfect10:

imatexan
12-24-2008, 03:20 PM
The difference Eddy is that I went over to gotitans during the week the Texans played the titans for some friendly smack talk but what I was greeted with was people telling me to basically kill myself. I have also posted in other sections of the board other than smack.I even got a PM from a gotitans user apologizing for your behavior.I plan every now and then to go back to gotitans when it is dealing with the Texans or Steelers because thier are a few good posters on the board, but from what you have shown me you are not one of them.

However I will admit that your posts can be entertaining in a smack talk way but after a while it was just too much.

Eddyc85
12-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Someone apologized for MY behavior? If I want my behavior apologized for I'll apologize myself. And the only reason you don't think I'm a good poster is because you don't like what I have to say. Why? Because I speak the truth. It's idiotic to make fun of a team for losing the Superbowl when you've never been to the playoffs. I would know, I'm a Blue Jackets fan yet I don't go making fun of other teams for losing in the playoffs.

ChildressTitanMan
12-24-2008, 03:54 PM
The difference Eddy is that I went over to gotitans during the week the Texans played the titans for some friendly smack talk but what I was greeted with was people telling me to basically kill myself. I have also posted in other sections of the board other than smack.I even got a PM from a gotitans user apologizing for your behavior.I plan every now and then to go back to gotitans when it is dealing with the Texans or Steelers because thier are a few good posters on the board, but from what you have shown me you are not one of them.

However I will admit that your posts can be entertaining in a smack talk way but after a while it was just too much.

I appreciate that you and Texxan came over man.

Before TT merged a while back we had a great smack forum going.It was never bitter & all parties were able to laugh at themselves.

Since the merge it's been tough to come over here & actually have a laugh.I wanted nothing more to come over here a post a thread laughing at your Oakland loss but I would have been greeted with relentless hostility & been neg repped to death.

I got into visiting smack forums because I had a lot of laughs.It doesn't seem to be that way any more.GoTitans smack forum is great either & rivals get flamed by younger members which isn't great.

I'll try to make an effort to stick around this off season & pay more attention to the Texans happenings.As you said on GoTitans,we're part of the Fan2Fan alliance & are supposed to welcome rival fans.

I think some people on both boards forget that the smack forum is actually for taking the piss out of each other & meant to be fun.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I appreciate that you and Texxan came over man.

Before TT merged a while back we had a great smack forum going.It was never bitter & all parties were able to laugh at themselves.

Since the merge it's been tough to come over here & actually have a laugh.I wanted nothing more to come over here a post a thread laughing at your Oakland loss but I would have been greeted with relentless hostility & been neg repped to death.

I got into visiting smack forums because I had a lot of laughs.It doesn't seem to be that way any more.GoTitans smack forum is great either & rivals get flamed by younger members which isn't great.

I'll try to make an effort to stick around this off season & pay more attention to the Texans happenings.As you said on GoTitans,we're part of the Fan2Fan alliance & are supposed to welcome rival fans.

I think some people on both boards forget that the smack forum is actually for taking the piss out of each other & meant to be fun.

:cry2: I almost got teary eyed from days gone by....