PDA

View Full Version : One word for this team: pathetic.

Nighthawk
12-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. etc. Team has shown some strengths, but really--if you had know it would be as it has been, would you have been interested in NFL football coming back to Houston?

At least the Oilers used to lose interestingly. And before they lost, in the distant past, they won for a while.

This club--nah. Put a fork in it. Let's make big changes in the off-season.

powerfuldragon
12-22-2008, 12:33 AM
yeah it was a whack ass game, and our team's performance could be described as effete.. but hey, there's always next year...

Marcus
12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Your rep power rating needs a little work there, Nighthawk. But I guess it does precede you. :)

powerfuldragon
12-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Pretty weak overreaction.

We're getting better, but we had a setback this week. It happens.

losses aren't just 'setbacks' until you've proven you can hold a winning record consistently. until then, they're a sign of the problem at hand.

Vinny
12-22-2008, 12:46 AM
losses aren't just 'setbacks' until you've proven you can hold a winning record consistently. until then, they're a sign of the problem at hand.The Texans are still a bad road team on balance and they went out and further proved it today.

powerfuldragon
12-22-2008, 12:48 AM
The Texans are still a bad road team on balance and they went out and further proved it today.

...and here i was thinking the texans had McAfee Stadium on lock.

Silver Oak
12-22-2008, 07:51 AM
this MB overreacts to wins and losses.

we're the same team that we were after beating Tenn at home, we just went on the road, played flat, and got our rear ends handed to us.

not too surprising as the NFL is rife with this stuff every week. just as the announcers said yesterday, this team is on the correct road to success.

:fans:

BuffaloglennTX
12-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. etc. Team has shown some strengths, but really--if you had know it would be as it has been, would you have been interested in NFL football coming back to Houston?

At least the Oilers used to lose interestingly. And before they lost, in the distant past, they won for a while.

It was a pathetic effort by the Texans in this one game - but they are not a pathetic team. Detroit - they are pathetic. The Texans are an average team, as evidenced by their record of the last two years, and are getting better. They aren't good on the road yet.

Thorn
12-22-2008, 08:08 AM

But.....but......overreacting is what we do. It's our jobs. It's why we are here. Do you think we spend all this time on a internet BBS just so we can act NORMAL?

HJam72
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
But.....but......overreacting is what we do. It's our jobs. It's why we are here. Do you think we spend all this time on a internet BBS just so we can act NORMAL?

That's right; it's time to gripe. No slacking off on the job. :foottap:

:)

HOU-TEX
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Signed,

The Cloud that hovers around Pigpen

ZX758
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I think we're all upset about the loss, regardless of how people spin it. It was a very weak game, our defense needed to step it up. We are better then the Raiders, but I am hopeful for next year. As the Texans record doesn't reflect the team that they are. They're much better.

Vinny
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM

we're the same team that we were after beating Tenn at home, we just went on the road, played flat, and got our rear ends handed to us.

not too surprising as the NFL is rife with this stuff every week. just as the announcers said yesterday, this team is on the correct road to success.

:fans:actually the mb doesn't react...the fans do, and there is really no reason to be happy about the game Sunday.

Joe Texan
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Dude move to Dallas if you want but the NFL is just that A mans game

b0ng
12-22-2008, 12:41 PM
--if you had know it would be as it has been, would you have been interested in NFL football coming back to Houston?

Really? I know we lost to the Raiders but. . . Really? This sounds like something a Cowboy fan would say.

imatexan
12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
We lost to Oakland, it was bad.
Our team pathetic?
No, I would call you pathetic for this post before I call the team pathetic.

Runner
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Until reading the current excuse threads, I gave the Texans a lot of credit for beating the Titans. Now I'm worried the Titans just "came out flat". :sarcasm:

Norg
12-22-2008, 03:00 PM
No way dude i dont know about u but the oilers had a long history of sucking and losing what was it like only 2 divison games and never won none of them a ZERO trips to the SB

having the bills pull the greatest upset ever

Come on now man

Porky
12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
This is fun - watching someone with a rep power of all of 5 lecture someone with a rep power of 0. :spit:

Marcus
12-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Until reading the current excuse threads, I gave the Texans a lot of credit for beating the Titans. Now I'm worried the Titans just "came out flat". :sarcasm:

Well, didn't they?

You can sing the "I'm tired of the excuses" song all you want if it'll make you feel better, but the fact is that all teams will come out flat once or twice in every season, and get beat by a weaker team. Been happening since football was invented.

Runner
12-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, didn't they?

You can sing the "I'm tired of the excuses" song all you want if it'll make you feel better, but the fact is that all teams will come out flat once or twice in every season, and get beat by a weaker team. Been happening since football was invented.

I'm not "tired of excuses" as it relates to the Texans winning/losing games. I certainly don't need anything to make me "feel better" after they lose, because it doesn't affect me all that much to start with. I dispensed with a sports team's success defining my life a long time ago. It doesn't hurt my feelings that ESPN hasn't shown the Texans the week-in and week-out respect they haven't earned yet.

I'm "tired of excuses" as it relates to the fans explaining why the team is really undefeated because all the losses have nothing to the Texans being average, and that the losses are just masking the fact that the Texans are elite. There isn't a team in the league whose fans couldn't woulda coulda shoulda them to 3-4 more wins every season. I wouldn't even be irritated by that if so many of the posters didn't act like anyone who doesn't agree with their rosie projections are poorly informed at best or stupid at worst.

=======================

Beyond that, teams don't have to play flat to lose to weaker teams. Sometimes the weaker team just plays better. I'm sure if you polled the board you would see support for this theory. I predict a large percentage of the population here would say the Texans beat the Titans because they played better, while a similar percentage would blame the loss to the Raiders on not coming to play, i.e. being flat. Some posters have grabbed on to your "came out flat" as an excuse to mentally chalk this one up in the win column. Coming out flat, no matter how widespread it is in the league, isn't a good thing that makes a loss OK.

=======================

However, coming out flat will reside in Texan's '08 lore along with a lost coin flip, Rosencoptor, and the mean people who made the schedule.

Wow - at least four wins right there. That puts the Texans at 11-4, better than other previous doormats like Atlanta and Miami. They've earned their elitenesshoodship!

Wait a minute, I'm seeing the light! I can't stop it! Richard Smith counts for two losses, and Casserly counts for one more. That is 14-1. Add the Bears win since the Texans win every game they haven't played yet and that is 15-1! I'll say the Steelers really did beat the Texans to prove that I'm reasonable. 15-1. Not too shabby. And I'm so happy! Now I can walk into a sports bar with my head held high. I bet I'm glowing.

=======================

Oops - sorry about the poor attempt at humor, but that is the entertainment value the Texans bring me at this point. I really should try to internalize the team more - or not.

=======================

Oh - and about the title of the thread. I don't agree with it because it is too harsh. I haven't determined my "one word" for this team yet. I'm leaning toward milquetoast, but that is also a little too harsh for the few players that try to impose their wills on the other team, although it may fit the team/coaching as a whole. I may have to admit failure and go with average, but that seems very bland. Then again, that blandness may be why I keep coming back to it.

ObsiWan
12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm not "tired of excuses" as it relates to the Texans winning/losing games. I certainly don't need anything to make me "feel better" after they lose, because it doesn't affect me all that much to start with. I dispensed with a sports team's success defining my life a long time ago. It doesn't hurt my feelings that ESPN hasn't shown the Texans the week-in and week-out respect they haven't earned yet.

I'm "tired of excuses" as it relates to the fans explaining why the team is really undefeated because all the losses have nothing to the Texans being average, and that the losses are just masking the fact that the Texans are elite. There isn't a team in the league whose fans couldn't woulda coulda shoulda them to 3-4 more wins every season. I wouldn't even be irritated by that if so many of the posters didn't act like anyone who doesn't agree with their rosie projections are poorly informed at best or stupid at worst.

=======================

Beyond that, teams don't have to play flat to lose to weaker teams. Sometimes the weaker team just plays better. I'm sure if you polled the board you would see support for this theory. I predict a large percentage of the population here would say the Texans beat the Titans because they played better, while a similar percentage would blame the loss to the Raiders on not coming to play, i.e. being flat. Some posters have grabbed on to your "came out flat" as an excuse to mentally chalk this one up in the win column. Coming out flat, no matter how widespread it is in the league, isn't a good thing that makes a loss OK.

=======================

However, coming out flat will reside in Texan's '08 lore along with a lost coin flip, Rosencoptor, and the mean people who made the schedule.

Wow - at least four wins right there. That puts the Texans at 11-4, better than other previous doormats like Atlanta and Miami. They've earned their elitenesshoodship!

Wait a minute, I'm seeing the light! I can't stop it! Richard Smith counts for two losses, and Casserly counts for one more. That is 14-1. Add the Bears win since the Texans win every game they haven't played yet and that is 15-1! I'll say the Steelers really did beat the Texans to prove that I'm reasonable. 15-1. Not too shabby. And I'm so happy! Now I can walk into a sports bar with my head held high. I bet I'm glowing.

=======================

Oops - sorry about the poor attempt at humor, but that is the entertainment value the Texans bring me at this point. I really should try to internalize the team more - or not.

=======================

Oh - and about the title of the thread. I don't agree with it because it is too harsh. I haven't determined my "one word" for this team yet. I'm leaning toward milquetoast, but that is also a little too harsh for the few players that try to impose their wills on the other team, although it may fit the team/coaching as a whole. I may have to admit failure and go with average, but that seems very bland. Then again, that blandness may be why I keep coming back to it.

First let me say, good post! so all that to say, the Texans are "average"... on a good day they can play with (and possibly beat) anybody and on a bad ("flat" or mistake-filled) day they can lose to anybody. Average is fairly accurate actually. Some of us predicted 7-9 to 9-7 at the beginning. Which, unless you're in the NFC West, is average. If you're in the NFC West, you win the division - with 2-3 weeks left to play. ...but I digress.

And I still say that's better than a couple of years ago. We all recall that there was a time not so very long ago that, even on a good day, the Texans still couldn't beat anybody unless the other guys were having a bad day. Back then on a bad day they'd get stomped by anybody (remember Cleveland '04 and pretty much all of '05).

All that to say, yeah, I'm disappointed they didn't pull out a win. But I'm not surprised.

Call these excuses if you like, but I prefer the term root cause. Oakland is in the top ten (#9) in pass defense. The allow less than 198 ypg, that's just a couple ypg less than the Titans allow and three less than the Giants. And guess what, passing is what we do best. We run pretty much to keep other teams honest but in no way is our running game a strength. Until running becomes a strength we will have trouble with any team with a true shutdown CB and a decent pass rush. The Raiders had both.

You can say we came out "flat". I just think the Raiders matched up well against our strength - the passing game (just like they did Denver, if you recall). On top of that, our defense couldn't keep Fargas and McFadden in check. And on top of THAT, we gave up a punt return for a TD - something we rarely do. And TC warned us about the Raiders' special teams...

Am I disappointed we lost? Of course.
Am I surprised? Not really.
Like I said, in the "Hey we have a game next week" thread,

this one still scares me...
where's the "trap" smiley?

ubecool454
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM

Ok expert, just what changes should we make? I think that you have to give the opposition some credit when we lose. The Texans just came out flat and the Raiders got their confidence going early. The Texans are in better shape than most "experts" would give them credit for. We need a better pass rush and another real dawg DB opposite Dunta and after that I don't see very many weaknesses. Before you stick a fork in them why don't you just tell me and the world why they are done and what "big" changes are you talking about?

ubecool454
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
This is fun - watching someone with a rep power of all of 5 lecture someone with a rep power of 0. :spit:

rep power has nothing to do with their opinion. This loss is upsetting to a lot of fans because they and maybe the Texans players and coaches all underestimated the Raiders and had this one penciled in the win column.

Joe Texan
12-23-2008, 10:09 AM
rep power has nothing to do with their opinion. This loss is upsetting to a lot of fans because they and maybe the Texans players and coaches all underestimated the Raiders and had this one penciled in the win column.

You nailed that one, And we played like we just came on the feild after IKE

That being said we are a team that needs to learn to win and we are doing it somewhat this year, Just that Oak town was a no brainer and we went in with a " we already one this attitude".
We are not done and we need no fork. We need the team as a whole to man up and Beat the Bears.

FILO_girl
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
We/some fans need to get a life.
So we won against the Tacks (called it) and we lost against the Raiders (oops!).

Hooo ha.

Just shows we are not consistant, something we have shown for what...7 years?
If we would have won, 5 in a row would have done me in anyway. Thanks Kubes, but we really need to see .500 again this year to make us a bit legit. Show us some love...

Can you manufacture a win on 12/28 please? It won't be easy. :aggressive:

ObsiWan
12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
We/some fans need to get a life.
So we won against the Tacks (called it) and we lost against the Raiders (oops!).

Hooo ha.

Just shows we are not consistant, something we have shown for what...7 years?
If we would have won, 5 in a row would have done me in anyway. Thanks Kubes, but we really need to see .500 again this year to make us a bit legit. Show us some love...

Can you manufacture a win on 12/28 please? It won't be easy. :aggressive:
Sure won't.

HJam72
12-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Sure it will. We just beat the Titans less than 2 weeks ago. No reason to game-plan for Chicago or anything. :)

gg no re
12-23-2008, 07:09 PM
This is why I don't follow the Astros and Rockets as much as I do the Texans: the emotional rollercoaster ride that Houston sports teams put us through is way too much!

devo-x
12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Did the lack of a bye week affect the game last week? Hurricane Ike was a "forced" week off

I believe that the Texans will come out strong and win against the Bears next week to reach .500 again (8-8 record)

Runner
12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Did the lack of a bye week affect the game last week? Hurricane Ike was a "forced" week off

Now that you mention it, I'm certain Hurricane Ike was the reason they lost to the Raiders.

Nighthawk
12-23-2008, 10:41 PM
The basic idea of the thread was that this is a cra**y team and has been a cra**y team since its inception. I don't think anyone here can argue with that. Sure, we have a few good players. Sure, we've played a few good games. But the fact is we're a bunch of seasons in and at no time in that time have the Texans been taken seriously as an NFL team. Period. If not quite the laughingstock of the league, we're close enough to it to be uncomfortable.

What to do? Well, everybody's got an idea, from guys who think we should "build through the draft," to guys who think we should spend big in free agency. I think you gotta look at the coaches first, and at the head coach in particular. That's where I'd start if it were my team. Kubiak has been an improvement over Dom Capers, but that's not saying much. He certainly isn't a tier 1 head coach, but then there aren't very many of those out there.

Still, you gotta start somewhere.

threetoedpete
12-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Well, didn't they?

And the fact is, we don't have the talent or coaching to over come it when we are flat.

We aren't as bad as Tampa Bay was when they started out. And we're not as good as the cowboy when they started from scratch. We're as good as the owners wanted us to be when they voted on our expansion compensation. We've missed on numerous free agents and draft choices.

Just now coming out of the fog after the David Carr fiasco. Seven wins with a four game winning streak is not pathetic. It's just where they currently are.
A young team with a new young head coach, both of them learning how to win. They know now how to get on a winning streak. That's progress to me. Want to knee jerk....go find a titans or cowboys board. They love jumpers.

Thorn
12-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Now that you mention it, I'm certain Hurricane Ike was the reason they lost to the Raiders.

While I'm also certain this to be the case, we must not forget the effect those alien UFOs had. :pirate:

b0ng
12-24-2008, 09:09 AM
The basic idea of the thread was that this is a cra**y team and has been a cra**y team since its inception. .

Wonderful. Glad you decided to start a thread just to insult my team. But I'll do one better and add some insight so this horrible abortion can turn into something with thoughts and ideas.

Kubiak I would say is definitely not going anywhere. For a rookie HC I think the good outweighs the bad and he's going to stay here and make some mistakes. Plus, I don't think he's so bad that I would want to sit through a year or two of another HC coming in and trying to replace everybody.

Schaub is definitely going to stay for at least next year as he'll still be relatively cheap. It's the year after that is the "show me the money" year. He has put plenty of aerial assaults on display this year, and I think he will still improve. His big drawbacks are turnovers and health. One us fixable and one will be his undoing.

I HOPE Richard Smith is gone, but I don't think anybody outside of the Texans bigwigs know for sure what his fate will be. Not McClain, Justice, Texans_Chick or old homeless billy living under the pierce elevated. The side of the ball that falls under him has been terrible and I'm only hoping that the right people notice this and subsequently get rid of him. But again, I'm not trusting anybody that says they know what his future holds unless that person is named Kubiak, Smith (Rich or Rick) or McNair.

I think Greenwood and Weaver are either out, or will get re-structered contracts that will significantly lower their pay. Green is probably also out, but I think we all knew this.

I think the best course for success will be to sign middling FA's and draft as well as they have for the last 3 years. Even if you hated the Brown pick last year, you have to admit that these guys are way better than average when it comes to finding good fits coming out of the draft.

But to the op, hell no the Texans aren't crappy or pathetic. They have plenty of dangerous players that other teams fear and you tell me if other teams like the idea of playing against 'Dre, Stevie Wonder, Super Mario, DeMeco or Schaub. I don't think they do.

Now think of the big hitters we've had before and tell me what you prefer to watch. We're getting better and the rest of the league knows it.

Oh and GTFO with that "laughing stock" bullshit. Saying that about my team when you've got the Lions, Rams, Raiders, and almost the entirety of the NFC West. Makes me want to confiscate the fan card you probably don't even have.

ArlingtonTexan
12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I haven't determined my "one word" for this team yet. I'm leaning toward milquetoast, but that is also a little too harsh for the few players that try to impose their wills on the other team, although it may fit the team/coaching as a whole. I may have to admit failure and go with average, but that seems very bland. Then again, that blandness may be why I keep coming back to it.

mediocore –adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

blah adjective 3. insipid; dull; uninteresting

from dictionary.com

HOU-TEX
12-24-2008, 10:13 AM
mediocore –adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.

from dictionary.com

I guess you forgot to post the picture that was next to these words in the dictionary. I think it might've looked something like this:

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/125/p17343031_125.gif?code=125.gif

Grams
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM

from dictionary.com

I don't think I would use the term mediocore for the entire team. Having one of the better offenses in the league does not make them barely adequate. That term may be appropriate for the defense through most of the year.

If we were blah - then what is everyone still here?

Right now we are average. Better than average offense and less than average defense.
Better than a lot of teams but not as good as about the same number of teams.

spurstexanstros
12-24-2008, 03:48 PM

Ok some one whip out lump of coal

Joe Texan
12-24-2008, 04:33 PM
The basic idea of the thread was that this is a cra**y team and has been a cra**y team since its inception. I don't think anyone here can argue with that. Sure, we have a few good players. Sure, we've played a few good games. But the fact is we're a bunch of seasons in and at no time in that time have the Texans been taken seriously as an NFL team. Period. If not quite the laughingstock of the league, we're close enough to it to be uncomfortable.

What to do? Well, everybody's got an idea, from guys who think we should "build through the draft," to guys who think we should spend big in free agency. I think you gotta look at the coaches first, and at the head coach in particular. That's where I'd start if it were my team. Kubiak has been an improvement over Dom Capers, but that's not saying much. He certainly isn't a tier 1 head coach, but then there aren't very many of those out there.

Still, you gotta start somewhere.

You sure aren't gonna redeem your self from the abortion you started this thread with. And to top it off you throw this out as the placenta.

We are a young team with a young Head coach and a coach cannot build a 52 man team in 3 years. We will make it with you or without you so jump if you feel Froggy.

ArlingtonTexan
12-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think I would use the term mediocore for the entire team. Having one of the better offenses in the league does not make them barely adequate. That term may be appropriate for the defense through most of the year.

If we were blah - then what is everyone still here?

Right now we are average. Better than average offense and less than average defense.
Better than a lot of teams but not as good as about the same number of teams.

What exactly do you think do think mediocore means? Neither good nor bad = average in my book.

As for blah, some would argue we are here because we are following the Houston area NFL team, not out of the fact they have earned our loyality through their play on the field.

dalemurphy
12-24-2008, 05:25 PM
The Texans are still a bad road team on balance and they went out and further proved it today.

Yeah, I think we've made some inroads. A better run game and a much more poised QB has helped. However, I don't think you can be good on the road as long as your defense is bad enough to make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Hopefully that will get fixed this off-season. I'll take a new DC, a big DT, and something at safety. Thanks Santa.

Lucky
12-26-2008, 05:41 PM
We are a young team with a young Head coach and a coach cannot build a 52 man team in 3 years.
Signed,
John Harbaugh
Mike Smith
Tony Sparano

MEGA SWATT
12-26-2008, 05:46 PM
knee-jerk thread:bat:

Lucky
12-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Agreed. As were those threads proclaiming the Texans had "turned the corner" during/after the win streak.

Thorn
12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
The Texans are what they are, a middle of the road team. We aren't good enough for the play offs nor are we as bad as we used to be, nor are we as bad some of the other horrible teams.

We have the basics in place to be a play off contender, but a few pieces are missing. One of those pieces is a better defensive CO. I guess we are faced with another off season of arguing with each other over what we need most. I survived last off season, I'll probably survive this one as well.

Jezzzzzz.......one more game and it's the off season for us. I'm both depressed and excited to see what happens this time.

atxlaurie
12-27-2008, 12:11 AM
The Texans are what they are, a middle of the road team. We aren't good enough for the play offs nor are we as bad as we used to be, nor are we as bad some of the other horrible teams.

We have the basics in place to be a play off contender, but a few pieces are missing. One of those pieces is a better defensive CO. I guess we are faced with another off season of arguing with each other over what we need most. I survived last off season, I'll probably survive this one as well.

Jezzzzzz.......one more game and it's the off season for us. I'm both depressed and excited to see what happens this time.

I agree. If our QB can stay healthy(fingers crossed) and we can learn to hold onto the ball, that'll add at least 3-4 more wins. We're close. (fingers still crossed).

nut
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I am very happy that we have an NFL team in town. I am not happy with the best possibility we have left is going 8-8. We are going to go through the same offseason crap saying 8-8 is okay. I do not agree. The only reason I am a hardcore Texans fan is the possibility of hopefully getting to the playoffs every year. That is why I buy tickets. I did enjoy the Tennessee game and thought Reliant rocked pretty much but that is small consolation to me. Just my opinion. Go Texans.

BTW, what the heck is "Rep Power"?

Sway
12-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Pretty weak overreaction.

We're getting better, but we had a setback this week. It happens.

I agree. We have to work so hard just to be recognized as a 'pseudo' legit team these days....but still, i
love them and will support them. No team can be perfect from the beginning, and hopefully sooner than later, the powers that be will allow us to put together the TRUE winning formula. Unitil then, I'll keep telling people that Im and Texan, and yes I do, in fact teach Texas History. This is my team despite all the hell I get for in in SA.

euro-Texan
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM

But seems very relevent so far this week...

Ole Miss Texan
12-28-2008, 01:51 PM
What's that taste????

Oh.. it's our offense and defense: VANILLA.

:brickwall:

Texecutioner
12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
You sure aren't gonna redeem your self from the abortion you started this thread with. And to top it off you throw this out as the placenta.

We are a young team with a young Head coach and a coach cannot build a 52 man team in 3 years. We will make it with you or without you so jump if you feel Froggy.

That is about as crazy as anything I've ever heard. There have been plenty of teams that have been turned around since Kubiak came in here.

Hell the Titans were just as bad as we were when Kubes got here and they picked VY! Not only did they still manage to win with him, but he played so bad and all but they still managed to play great with Collins. Sparano in Miami, The Falcons in one season, the Ravens doing it with a rookie QB while they were awful last season, and a few others.

Some of you forget that the Texans could have easily won two more games this season had it NOT BEEN for Kubiak's game management blunders and they'd be sitting at 10-6 possibly.

This wasn't a bad thread that the guy started. It was his opinion and a very valid one about a head coach that has basically the same record that Capers had in his third season.

Runner
12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
That is about as crazy as anything I've ever heard. There have been plenty of teams that have been turned around since Kubiak came in here.

You sound like ESPN. I saw a story today where they were discussing Miami having the biggest turnaround this year. They didn't mention the Texans' improved 8-8 season even once! I don't know what this team has to do to get respect...

TheCD
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Signed,
John Harbaugh
Mike Smith
Tony Sparano

Sometimes coaches take time to develop.

Signed,

Tom Landry, 1st winning season after 7 years in the league.
Bill Belichick, 1 winning season as head coach of Browns '91-'95
Chuck Knoll, 1st winning season after 4 years with the Steelers
Bill Walsh, 1st winning season after 3 years (13-3) followed by a losing season (3-6, strike shortened).

Texan_Bill
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Sometimes coaches take time to develop.

Signed,

Tom Landry, 1st winning season after 7 years in the league.
Bill Belichick, 1 winning season as head coach of Browns '91-'95
Chuck Knoll, 1st winning season after 4 years with the Steelers
Bill Walsh, 1st winning season after 3 years (13-3) followed by a losing season (3-6, strike shortened).

I agree....

Signed,

7-9; 8-8; 8-8; 8-8 Jeff Fisher

ObsiWan
12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Signed,
John Harbaugh
Mike Smith
Tony Sparano

They SHOULD sign... none of them actually built the team they're winning with. ESPECIALLY Harbaugh.

You should add John Gruden (won with Dungy's team) and Bill Cowher (won with Chuck Knoll's team and philosophy) to the signature list also.

IlliniJen
12-29-2008, 04:01 PM
You sound like ESPN. I saw a story today where they were discussing Miami having the biggest turnaround this year. They didn't mention the Texans' improved 8-8 season even once! I don't know what this team has to do to get respect...

LOL...it's hard to believe that they didn't mention our turnaround 8-8 season from last year's 8-8. We just don't get any respect.