PDA

View Full Version : Dont just blame the D

mussop
12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I know our D stunk today and yes I want RS replaced too but Our OL was manhandled as well.

Maddict5
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
and 10 pts because of crappy special teams

PapaL
12-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't blame the D that they couldn't cover Pokey and BoBo at WR?

Marcus
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
It was the D. it was the O. It was the ST. It was coaching.

It was a team effort.

infantrycak
Yup, the OL was manhandled.

GP

It was a team effort.

Best post I"ve read today.

Approved. - GP

TexSon
12-21-2008, 06:57 PM
In every single phase of the game, the Texans were dominated.

GP
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM

LOL!

We acted like we felt sorry for the Raiders, as if they wanted to just get their ass kicking and be done with it.

And we got hijacked like a cruise-liner.

Thorn
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM
It was obvious which team wanted the game more. The Texans just mentally dismissed the Raiders, and they are not good enough yet to be doing that to any team. The mark of a good team is beating teams you are supposed to, and the Texans apparently aren't there yet.

mussop
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM

No I said dont JUST blame the D.

PapaL
12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Blame the D.
Blame the O.
Blame the ST.
Blame the coaches.
Blame the trainers.
Blame the weather.

TONS of it to go around. Saying one aspect of the team is absolved is ludicrous.

mussop
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Blame the D.
Blame the O.
Blame the ST.
Blame the coaches.
Blame the trainers.
Blame the weather.

TONS of it to go around. Saying one aspect of the team is absolved is ludicrous.

Exactly why I started this thread.

b0ng
12-21-2008, 07:12 PM

It was a team effort.

Yep. Objects out of playoff picture are not as good as they appear.

Norg
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
and scahub proves yet agian that he has no situation awareness

Sway
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Allow me to add onto that. Most of our coaching staff comes from Denver..and yeah, they're better than us at this particular point, but I'm not sure how much I want to model them.... eh, it's all been said before anyway...... I'm just very deeply hurt and disappointed with this afternoon.

and scahub proves yet agian that he has no situation awareness

Hooston Texan
12-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I think Kris Brown gets a pass, but not much good to say about anyone else. Still, if either the O or the D or the S/T had stepped up, we would have won that game despite the stench.

In all honesty, I was wondering if the team brought the right shoes. They looked like they were not sure of their footing out there.

Just a wretched performance by pretty much all concerned.

Texans_Chick
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
I know our D stunk today and yes I want RS replaced too but Our OL was manhandled as well.

Offense, defense and ST stunk on ice.

However, the Texans defense was crazy crazy bad. JaMarcus Russell had one of his best days as a pro. With receivers who he has barely played with this season. Their rushing offense was also good.

On the road, you cannot play with a bad defense. You cannot get in early deficits in games and keep the crowd in it. It is always harder to execute your offense on the road due to noise, so you need your defense to play well.

One of the reasons that the Raiders defense has struggled this year is that their offense has been completely clueless and ineffective. Their run defense stats are bad because they are usually playing from behind.