PDA

View Full Version : Talk about disappointment....

JaneDoe
12-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I know alot of us are really disappointed in the Texans season, but the Cowgirls' fans had much higher expectations before the season began, and have watched their team implode.

I on the other hand have laughed my ass off at the downward spiral that is the Cowboys.

Hooston Texan
12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
We'll meet you at 9-7, Cowgirls.

If we both finish at 9-7, I wonder who will get the higher pick. Oh, wait, they gave away their top pick for Roy Williams. :laughjump:

SteveSlaton20
12-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Even though I don't like the cowboys, I feel sorry for them, y'know? That was their last game in Texas Stadium and they loss, well, too bad. It's what they get for talking too much shit.

Malloy
12-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Kinda sad really, and as much as I like what Romo brings to the field, he can also lose games on his own. perhaps Kubiak can teach him to be a good QB when the JJ plays the blame-game and gets rid of him.

Note to Dallas... fix that running game of yours :)

Thorn
12-21-2008, 07:59 AM
It's always a good thing with the Cowpatties lose.

kastofsna
12-21-2008, 09:38 AM
thanks Ravens, this closer to the Patriots being eliminated

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Again, this is exactly why Cowboy fans that people can't stand feel the need to talk....constant attention for no reason other than bitterness.:). Look at the subjects here. Go to a Cowboy board and see how many Texan hate threads there are.

And though I'm disappointed in the season, there is still an outside shot...not just playing the string out.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Yea I'm disappointed but I've been there before and I'll be there again.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Yea I'm disappointed but I've been there before and I'll be there again.

After starting to to follow and be an uber fan of the Boys starting in in the 70s, I'm disappointed in every year where the playoffs or SB isn't involved. So its been some bad years. I know you are in the same boat and were at years of games.

Hervoyel
12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
"Hate" is a strong word and I can't say that about the Cowboys. I like watching the Ravens defense play football and I enjoy a good running game so obviously I really got a kick out of that game from a Ravens perspective. It was fun to watch them just thump the snot out of Romo every single time he dropped back to pass. It was fun to watch those two big runs bust out. That was freakish and at the same time just really showed you how the Cowboys D had given up on that game. I (we all really) should know what that looks like because I've seen the Texans defense do it many times over the past 7 years.

I work with a lady who is a huge Dallas fan and we talk every week a couple of times about the games (before and after) and frankly she gives me more crap for being a fan of "those lousy Texans" than I ever give her about being a Dallas Convicts" fan. I was just talking to her on Friday about the possibility that the Texans and Dallas both finish their seasons at 9-7. Dallas had remaining games against tough opponents while the Texans get the Raiders and the Bears at home with a chance that the Bears might not need the game. If we win 2 and Dallas loses 2 then we meet in the middle.

But "hate"? Nah. I'm not a fan and watching the Cowboys lose the last game ever in Texas Stadium was a kind of pleasant way to start my football weekend but nothing more. Today I'll watch the Steelers just crush the Titans and that will be a lot of fun. Then if all goes as planned I'll wrap it all up watching the Texans go to 8-7 over the Raiders. I hope Steve Slaton has a big day. It's nice to have a running back again.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
After starting to to follow and be an uber fan of the Boys starting in in the 70s, I'm disappointed in every year where the playoffs or SB isn't involved. So its been some bad years. I know you are in the same boat and were at years of games.

I started going to Cowboys games back when Roger was playing so I've been a fan for many years.

I'll always be a fan but my interest has lessened over the years and I wouldn't pay to go see the current Cowboys.

I don't have the money and more importantly I don't have the stomach.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I started going to Cowboys games back when Roger was playing so I've been a fan for many years.

I'll always be a fan but my interest has lessened over the years and I wouldn't pay to go see the current Cowboys.

I don't have the money and more importantly I don't have the stomach.

Ive definitely gorwn up since the days where a Sunday loss would ruin the weekend and I'd basically cry in a beer or cry as a kid and be pissed. Now I just get peeved a little and move on knowing what is coming.

FirstTexansFan
12-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, Frog, ya know my experiences with Cowboy fans in SA. I can't help but detest the team, and it has nothing to do with the players, or the coach. Now I can't say I find much love for Jerry, but even he doesn't get my dandruff up as much as one stinking Cowboy fan in the San Antonio area. My dad and I gathered at his house last night to cheer for the Raven's and we were damned happy for the Cowboys loss. It allows me to fire off emails to the local South Dallas sports announcers here, and goad them with total glee in my heart. Yes SA scumbags, there is a Santa Claus... Merry F'in Christmas :)

WWJD
12-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Ive definitely gorwn up since the days where a Sunday loss would ruin the weekend and I'd basically cry in a beer or cry as a kid and be pissed. Now I just get peeved a little and move on knowing what is coming.

Well I use to have a monentary interest in pro ball and that has gone with the wind.

I like to vent but that's about it.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Again, this is exactly why Cowboy fans that people can't stand feel the need to talk....constant attention for no reason other than bitterness.:). Look at the subjects here. Go to a Cowboy board and see how many Texan hate threads there are.

And though I'm disappointed in the season, there is still an outside shot...not just playing the string out.

Live in DFW and have Cowboy fans hack you for being from Houston and liking Houston sports. It goes both ways.

Silver Oak
12-21-2008, 12:48 PM

I look at that as a compliment to the kind of owner we have and the type of players we have.

If we had an owner who didn't know to leave coaching to the coaches he pays, or if we had players who were borderline criminals, I would guess the Texans would be mentioned on Cowboy MB's more frequently.

I was always an Oiler fan, and while I didn't follow or like them, I had a respect for the Staubach era Cowboys. What the Cowboys are now is not deserving of my respect, but only my scorn.

Marcus
12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I always enjoy watching the Cowboys lose, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Ravens game. Those long touchdown runs in the 4th quarter were wonderful to watch. I've been a Cowboy hater ever since I was a kid, and I always hated it when they went to the Super Bowl. And I like it when their preseason Super bowl favorite expectations blow up in their faces.

But watching it happen is a lesson learned about the that thing called 'expectations'.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Live in DFW and have Cowboy fans hack you for being from Houston and liking Houston sports. It goes both ways.

I grew up in Ft. Worth for 23 years and not only did we cheer for most Houston teams but most up there didn't talk about Houston teams like shows dedicated to anti-Dallas teams here. Sorry, maybe you get ribbed a little but it is nowhere close to here. Been there and still go there.

We'll meet you at 9-7, Cowgirls.

If we both finish at 9-7, I wonder who will get the higher pick. Oh, wait, they gave away their top pick for Roy Williams. :laughjump:

I usually don't talk trash because I have been here for the Texans too but you have to beat a 3 win Raiders to be considered 9-7 and they dominated the Texans

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I look at that as a compliment to the kind of owner we have and the type of players we have.

If we had an owner who didn't know to leave coaching to the coaches he pays, or if we had players who were borderline criminals, I would guess the Texans would be mentioned on Cowboy MB's more frequently.

I was always an Oiler fan, and while I didn't follow or like them, I had a respect for the Staubach era Cowboys. What the Cowboys are now is not deserving of my respect, but only my scorn.

Well maybe the Texans owner should step up more...good man and owner but he is best friends with JJ if you didn't know and is on his side in most arenas of the NFL. I've posted the articles here. Having a couple of players doesn't make a team criminals but it isn't like the Texans haven't been tasered and had their DWIs. Obviously the nice guy sitting back and letting coaches do whatever isn't working and I have been here supporting them. If they don't deserve your attentiont hen people shoudl stop posting 10 threads a week on them and sports radio in Houston should stop dedicating whole shows to them. Not being an ass..you guys know me..but it is true.

stingray
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Well maybe the Texans owner should step up more...good man and owner but he is best friends with JJ if you didn't know and is on his side in most arenas of the NFL. I've posted the articles here. Having a couple of players doesn't make a team criminals but it isn't like the Texans haven't been tasered and had their DWIs. Obviously the nice guy sitting back and letting coaches do whatever isn't working and I have been here supporting them. If they don't deserve your attentiont hen people shoudl stop posting 10 threads a week on them and sports radio in Houston should stop dedicating whole shows to them. Not being an ass..you guys know me..but it is true.

Well , at least McNair doesn't appoint himself as the GM, as jerry is doing that now. You really think that the Cowboys have a bright future with JJ playing the GM role?

WWJD
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Jerry is not a good GM. He hasn't been from the beginning.

What he is is an excellent businessman and he's the BEST at promoting the product that is the Cowboys.

I haven't forgotten that he purchased the team from Bum Bright who probably didn't even know where Texas Stadium was.

If Jerry would butt out they'd be better off.

That "IF" will not happen because it hasn't happened for the 20 years he's owned the team.

So I'll continue to be disappointed in them..to a lesser degree each year because it's just something you expect after awhile because it happens EVERY year.

I very much would prefer that he was more like Mr. McNair in that respect.

That being said the Texans should have won that game today. The Raiders are the dredges of the league. No excuses. You beat teams like that.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Well , at least McNair doesn't appoint himself as the GM, as jerry is doing that now. You really think that the Cowboys have a bright future with JJ playing the GM role?

He has done it from Day 1 and still won at times..3 SBs. I don't like it. He isn't a football guy. But he does sign top FAs and signs guys. They haven't had as much of a talent problem lately and that is because he gave it up to Parcells. He needs leaders in the coaching realm though. Even aikman had Norv as a QB coach. But as I said in the other thread and WWJD said, Jerry is a top owner in the league and is best buds with McNair. He has the top franchise. He is respected with other owners and helped make the NFL what it is now with his deals. Most teams would love him because they have owners who care about money and nothing else. JJ wants to win, he just is going about it the wrong way. You mention the future though and they just had draft where they have two top backs as rookies and a 7th rounder that is playing as a top NT. They also have 2 strating CBs. So how was that bad?They had one of the best drafts in the league. You are missing the point..they have the talent..they dont have the right coaching and mix and that is his fault too.

stingray
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
He has done it from Day 1 and still won at times..3 SBs. I don't like it. He isn't a football guy. But he does sign top FAs and signs guys. They haven't had as much of a talent problem lately and that is because he gave it up to Parcells. He needs leaders in the coaching realm though. Even aikman had Norv as a QB coach. But as I said in the other thread and WWJD said, Jerry is a top owner in the league and is best buds with McNair. He has the top franchise. He is respected with other owners and helped make the NFL what it is now with his deals. Most teams would love him because they have owners who care about money and nothing else. JJ wants to win, he just is going about it the wrong way. You mention the future though and they just had draft where they have two top backs as rookies and a 7th rounder that is playing as a top NT. They also have 2 strating CBs. So how was that bad?They had one of the best drafts in the league. You are missing the point..they have the talent..they dont have the right coaching and mix and that is his fault too.

What???? Jimi Johnson is the guy who drafted all the players after jerry took over, Jerry had no real input on that and you know that. After Jimi took off, Jerry became the Gm and he sucked at it. That's when the team started going 6-10 almost every year. Parcells finally started to draft well but he is not there anymore. And as for last years draft. I think both of your first round picks are big time busts. Felix Jones will not stay healthy. He reminds me of a porsche that always breaks down. Jenkins the corner can't even tackle my 93 yrd old grandma...
Maretellus Bennet is a decent backup for Witten and that's it.
Choice looks like an ok third down back. I think you really only hit on choice.

And don't even get me started on the retarted trade for Roy Williams. he looks ald old and slow as your other Roy Williams. And jerry gave up half his draft to get this clown..

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
What???? Jimi Johnson is the guy who drafted all the players after jerry took over, Jerry had no real input on that and you know that. After Jimi took off, Jerry became the Gm and he sucked at it. That's when the team started going 6-10 almost every year. Parcells finally started to draft well but he is not there anymore. And as for last years draft. I think both of your first round picks are big time busts. Felix Jones will not stay healthy. He reminds me of a porsche that always breaks down. Jenkins the corner can't even tackle my 93 yrd old grandma...

You need to review the draft again. Their 5th round DB is starting..Scandrick. Felix was tearing things up before the injury, something he never had before. Choice just ran all over 3 top defenses and was running into the line. I think you need to pay attention and stop being so jaded. They drafted well. Jenkins is coming along. I made a comment about Ratliff but he was a 7th rounder from 05..my bad..years are gaining on me..lol.

I didn't say he drafted when Jimmy was there...but he had his hands in the signings and was on the sidelines, etc. They had a few bad years but then had some talent again. The funny part is that you are dismissing him because of Jimmy and Parcells but he hired them and they won and got talent. AGAIN...I think he needs to back off and he isn't a football guy but he is still a top owner and has won. More than the nice guy here. I've seen teams since the 70s and just think it is ignorant to not see thew whole picture with JJ and tp compare him to Davis, etc.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I grew up in Ft. Worth for 23 years and not only did we cheer for most Houston teams but most up there didn't talk about Houston teams like shows dedicated to anti-Dallas teams here. Sorry, maybe you get ribbed a little but it is nowhere close to here. Been there and still go there.

Well, I guess times have changed. They always bash Houston up here. Radio hosts up here say Houston should lose their franchise for not drafting Reggie Bush, and this was at the beginning of last summer. This pre-season, they said that the Texans will treat the game against the Cowboys as a Super Bowl and get all fired up. It wasn't even like that. Dallas likes to snub its nose down at Houston a lot.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM

And don't even get me started on the retarted trade for Roy Williams. he looks ald old and slow as your other Roy Williams. And jerry gave up half his draft to get this clown..

Actually Jerry has been the GM from his first year of ownership.

I think Jimmy was responsible for the Walker trade and that's what made all those SB's possible.

Jimmy was the mastermind behind all the draft magic...Jerry wants to take credit but he's not responsible.

There is a funny story Jimmy tells that in the Cowboys war room Jerry told him when the cameras came on to start talking to him so it would look like Jerry was making the picks along with him as well.

Roy Williams hasn't been given much of a chance. They rarely throw to him and that's not his fault. Romo looks TO first, Witten second and Roy if he still has time left.

I totally disagree on Felix Jones. He looked like he had IT before he got hurt. It's not his fault he suffered a bad hamstring tear or whatever it was. That was a very good pick. Choice was a good pick.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, I guess times have changed. They always bash Houston up here. Radio hosts up here say Houston should lose their franchise for not drafting Reggie Bush, and this was at the beginning of last summer. This pre-season, they said that the Texans will treat the game against the Cowboys as a Super Bowl and get all fired up. It wasn't even like that. Dallas likes to snub its nose down at Houston a lot.

Sorry about that. Well it was never like that when I was there and when I visit most of the guys on the Ticket talk about supporting the Astros, etc. And truthfully, if you hear the people here sometime talk noise about preseason games, it is like a SB. Again, I am never the ass about it and am not saying it that way but the preseason win from 2 years ago had people talking for a week about how bad Dallas was and how they were better even though Dallas went 13-3...over a preseason game.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM

I listen to the Dallas ESPN station and they never mention Houston except to say how great AJ is...

Don't know what you are listening to. The Ticket? That's the Howard Stern version of sports radio up there. They'll say anything just to show how stupid they are.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I listen to the Dallas ESPN station and they never mention Houston except to say how great AJ is...

Don't know what you are listening to. The Ticket? That's the Howard Stern version of sports radio up there. They'll say anything just to show how stupid they are.

Nope. I heard both of these things on 103.3. The Randy Galloway Show is the worst. That one Jennifer Engram show was bad, too, but she got taken off of the air. We were obviously listening at different times. Also, this is just football. I didn't mention the Rockets and basketball. Some guy named Chuck said the Rockets "didn't really win those championships". This was a few years ago when the Mavericks won 67 games. It was when I first moved to DFW. I think the guy still does Mavs Game Night.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I listen to Galloway almost every day and I don't hear the same as you...I've listened to him for years even when he was on WBAP.

He's as hard on the Cowboys as even the most ardent Cowboys hater on here..haven't you heard him say "Cows lose, cows lose"....he calls TO El Dorado...he's a funny guy.

I have zero interest in anything basketball from any city, any league, pro or otherwise. So I never listen to that.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I listen to Galloway almost every day and I don't hear the same as you...I've listened to him for years even when he was on WBAP.

He's as hard on the Cowboys as even the most ardent Cowboys hater on here..haven't you heard him say "Cows lose, cows lose"....he calls TO El Dorado...he's a funny guy.

I have zero interest in anything basketball from any city, any league, pro or otherwise. So I never listen to that.

Well I'm just telling you exactly what I heard when they talked about Houston. This was on Randy's show. I believe it was one of his assistants on air that said it, but then he agreed.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Well I'm just telling you exactly what I heard when they talked about Houston. This was on Randy's show. I believe it was one of his assistants on air that said it, but then he agreed.

Randy is a funny, funny guy. I'm not saying what you said didn't happen just that I've never heard them say anything and I listen all the time.

I use to call his old show all the time. He's either loved or hated in the Metroplex depending on who you talk to but he's had decades at the job so he's doing something right.

I can't wait to hear his show tomorrow. He'll let Wade and El Dorado have it.

I'm a huge Galloway fan.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Randy is a funny, funny guy. I'm not saying what you said didn't happen just that I've never heard them say anything and I listen all the time.

I use to call his old show all the time. He's either loved or hated in the Metroplex depending on who you talk to but he's had decades at the job so he's doing something right.

I can't wait to hear his show tomorrow. He'll let Wade and El Dorado have it.

I'm a huge Galloway fan.

It happened. Trust me. My point is that the DFW area does the same thing the Houston area does. The cities are no different.

I do like how Randy makes fun of the Metroplex when they do bad in sports. I forgot the name he calls the place. It just slipped my mind, but I grin when he says it.

WWJD
12-21-2008, 09:29 PM
It happened. Trust me. My point is that the DFW area does the same thing the Houston area does. The cities are no different.

I do like how Randy makes fun of the Metroplex when they do bad in sports. I forgot the name he calls the place. It just slipped my mind, but I grin when he says it.

Like I said he's a funny, funny guy.

He goes wayyyy back with the Cowboys...probably back to Roger.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
I think he calls it "Loserville USA".

WWJD
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
I've never heard that but hey he probably does.

He had years of being on the same station as Rangers broadcasts and they've got a history of being losers.

Stars..have been winners...not this year.

Mavs..I don't keep up with them so I don't know.

Cowboys...choke every year..same time every year so yea that's a losing situation when it really counts.

I'll see what he says tomorrow.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 10:59 PM

Sorry, they aren't the same. They weren't the same for 23 years and aren't now. I'm up there often and never hear it. You might have heard old Randy call Houston soething but they don't talk Houston sports EVERY day with callers more concerned if the Texans lose than if the the Cowboys win. I still have family there and they listen religiously. A few comments here and there by some random guys isn't close to the daily grind of Matt Jackson, Adam Clanton and all the people with their daily reports on the "Cowgirls." They aren't even in the same ballpark. I'm not being combative but daily on 610 I hear over an hour of Cowboy hate talk even if they aren't playing. Clanton's show is dedicated to it. It is disturbing. It drives good fans like me away. It's unhealthy. When I was in Dallas in 2003 for one year I wasn't hear I never heard Houston talk and when I did it was about rooting for the Astros,etc. I guess we will differ GB. I appreciate the nice conversation though without being the hater. Thanks.