PDA

View Full Version : Texas Stadium :'Boys-Ravens Nevermore Game thread

Wolf
12-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I hope for a good football game tonight.. I do have one wish for Santa.. Ed Reed knock the snot out of Team Obliviviator

Even though it looked like a toilet bowl. It was a landmark for the NFL and lots of memories in that stadium

http://www.myteamprints.com/images/football/lrg/3170TexasStadium.jpg

I hope for a good game tonight

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
DeMarcus Ware, D player of the year and The Cowboys up 7-0. Yes. Too bad Romo continues to made head scratching plays...like the first pick

mattieuk
12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Damn Flacco. He better make up for this. Could do with some D from the Ravens as well...championship game in FF and up against T.O., Witten and Choice.

C'mon Ravens.

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Wish I could have gone to the game. Some of my friends up here went. I'll enjoy the after parties though. ;)

WWJD
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a ton of good memories there.

I saw so many good players there. It was a fun place.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a ton of good memories there.

I saw so many good players there. It was a fun place.

Choice is looking pretty good for a 3rd back.

Yeah, I spent a great Thanksgiving there in one of the suites against the Redskins and Gene Stallings was in there telling my nephews to go to Alabama.

MeLoveTexans
12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
for anyone that doesnt have nfln
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-nfl-2.html

Silver Oak
12-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Deion Sanders should stay in the studio and out of the play by play duties.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Jason Garrett has stock falling. The last 3 weeks he has tried multiple 3rd and short draws that have been stuffed. You got weapons and that is all you have. The last two weeks he has done it with a hurt Barber. Drives me nuts.

WWJD
12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Jason Garrett has stock falling. The last 3 weeks he has tried multiple 3rd and short draws that have been stuffed. You got weapons and that is all you have. The last two weeks he has done it with a hurt Barber. Drives me nuts.

Yea I agree. He's pretty predictable at times.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Yea I agree. He's pretty predictable at times.

It seems at all times lately. Looks like we are looking for the D to save us again.

Showtime100
12-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Who's doing color in the booth?? The guy isn't very good.

Looks like the game I expected, points at a premium, tough and tight.

stingray
12-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Who's doing color in the booth?? The guy isn't very good.

Looks like the game I expected, points at a premium, tough and tight.

Tha't Bob Papa. He is the Giants Radio comentator. I think he's decent, not great but decent.

Marcus
12-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Looks like Romo will be costing Wade Phillip's job tonite.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Looks like Romo will be costing Wade Phillip's job tonite.

Romo is pissing me off and has that crybaby look right now. Just suck it up, its playoff do or die time.

Showtime100
12-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Tha't Bob Papa. He is the Giants Radio comentator. I think he's decent, not great but decent.

Thanks. I miss Collinsworth

JCTexan
12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
for anyone that doesnt have nfln
http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-nfl-2.html

Thank you. Watching it on nfl.com sucks. I want to watch the football game not people talking about it. Is it like that for everyone else on nfl.com?

stingray
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks. I miss Collinsworth

Papa has done all the games with Collinsworth this year except this one. Maybe you are talking about Deion and Faulk?

Showtime100
12-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Papa has done all the games with Collinsworth this year except this one. Maybe you are talking about Deion and Faulk?

Collinsworth is the top color guy, whomever is doing color this game make me miss Collinsworth. The play by play is doing OK as play by play goes, but his sidekick sucks.

MeLoveTexans
12-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Thank you. Watching it on nfl.com sucks. I want to watch the football game not people talking about it. Is it like that for everyone else on nfl.com?

sadly yes.. it seems you miss 2/3 of the game cuz they go back into studio. and talk about crap that no one cares about. Kinda like a big eff you if you dont have NFLN.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Hahaha this game is hilarious.

The Ravens fumble away the ball right to Anthony Henry for one of the easiest fumble recoveries you'll see. Except Henry inexplicably couldn't hold on to the ball as he rolled over it, throwing it back up into the air and right into the arms of Derrick Mason.

Then, a few plays later, the Ravens line up for a FG attempt only to have the holder run it on a fake for a first down. The drive ends with a Mason TD reception.

MissouriTexan
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Is Mason playing hurt?

JCTexan
12-20-2008, 09:33 PM
sadly yes.. it seems you miss 2/3 of the game cuz they go back into studio. and talk about crap that no one cares about. Kinda like a big eff you if you dont have NFLN.

Yeah... it makes the game almost unwatchable.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Is Mason playing hurt?

Yes, the TD reception was awesome. The guy is running with his left arm cocked at his side. He is in serious pain. Still, he got open in the corner and basically made a one-armed catch.

Showtime100
12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Anybody know why the NFL decided to close the Hole In The Roof with Baltimore and not, say, Washington? I would think they would have scheduled an NFC East game to close it out at least. Just a thought.

Wolf
12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Choice had a nice drive until the mishandle. The guy was making people miss

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Choice had a nice drive until the mishandle. The guy was making people miss

Yup, he is the only guy playing with some heart. Too bad he didn't get that first. They finally had some rhythm. That is why I don't get Romo's early picks..no reason to go downfield like that when you can work Witten or the short game to the backs.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Ravens driving for another score. Brady James helped them out with a big unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on a late hit out of bounds.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Cowboys are done tonight. Stover makes it a two possession lead.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Classy Cowboys fans booing Mr. Jessica

WWJD
12-20-2008, 10:02 PM
The Cowboys weren't going anywhere as of weeks ago.

They are not championship quality anywhere except the D line. That's it.

They have a coach that is better suited to have a seat upstairs somewhere and a QB that couldn't be consistent if they were practicing against their practice squad. I like Tony but he just can't produce when they really need him too.

Too bad. Texas Stadium has been the home to many great games. I'll take the teams I use to watch any day over anything they are throwing out there now.

Brando
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
McGahee with a 73 yarder, wow!

Wolf
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Dang Martin Lawrence just went 77 yards up the gut
http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/actores/martin_lawrence/fotos/2190/martin_lawrence.jpg

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
And just like that, McGahee goes for 77 yards and Miles Austin fumbles.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 10:13 PM
The Cowboys weren't going anywhere as of weeks ago.

They are not championship quality anywhere except the D line. That's it.

They have a coach that is better suited to have a seat upstairs somewhere and a QB that couldn't be consistent if they were practicing against their practice squad. I like Tony but he just can't produce when they really need him too.

Too bad. Texas Stadium has been the home to many great games. I'll take the teams I use to watch any day over anything they are throwing out there now.

Agree my friend. Heartless this year and things need to change.

Brando
12-20-2008, 10:17 PM
And just like that, McGahee goes for 77 yards and Miles Austin fumbles.

oops make that a 77 yarder.:)

The Ravens are bringing heat everytime Romo goes back to pass.

WWJD
12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Agree my friend. Heartless this year and things need to change.

Yep. They played a whale of a game last week.

I quit watching at halftime and that's been my MO all year. I'll watch a quarter or whatever and then go do something else.

PapaL
12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I love how quiet it is in Dallas right now.

All that noise escaping through the hole. hahaha

WWJD
12-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I love how quiet it is in Dallas right now.

All that noise escaping through the hole. hahaha

And they would be loud for what reason?

They're probably all thinking I spent my money for this? Why?

Mailman
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Romo to Witten makes it a two-point game.

JCTexan
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Touchdown Witten. Dallas kicks it away hoping their defense stops Baltimore's O.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Cowboys have all three time outs with ninety three seconds left and needing a stop.

Mailman
BWAHAHAHAHA

The exact same thing happened again! 80+ yd TD Leron McClain.

GlassHalfFull
Lmao!!!

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
WHAT!!!! AGAIN!!! 82 yards!! Wowzers. McClain just had the largest run in Texas Stadium history.

Mailman
12-20-2008, 10:29 PM
What an atrocious display of tackling by the Cowboys D.

Marcus
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Hilarious!!!!!!

Brando
WHAT!!!! AGAIN!!! 82 yards!! Wowzers. McClain just had the largest run in Texas Stadium history.

What a way to close the stadium. What's up with the Cowboys defense in the last part of the game? Terrible.

JCTexan
Wow. I would have onside kicked it.

Mailman

Yep. The Cowboys were trying to stuff the run at the line and, just as McGahee did, McClain got past the initial wave of tacklers, burst through the line, and was off.

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 10:32 PM
What a way to close the stadium. What's up with the Cowboys defense in the last part of the game? Terrible.

I know. It was amazing. I laughed out loud when McClain ran that thing down.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Again my Boys don't deserve it. They got steamrolled when it mattered. Again, it needed to happen because change is needed.

Marcus
12-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Again my Boys don't deserve it. They got steamrolled when it mattered. Again, it needed to happen because change is needed.

Change? What change? Jerry's still the owner. He's the problem.

stingray
12-20-2008, 10:37 PM
That was awesome!!!

ObsiWan
12-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Wonder how Rich Eisen will spin this loss...
I got so sick of him worshipping Texas Stadium I turned the game off and started watching the History Channel

the NFL.com game center says "timeout #4 by Baltimore...?
:headhurts:

WWJD
12-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Yep. Jerry. And Tony. And Wade. And Henry. And TO. And on and on.

It does start with Jerry though. He's the one that has been the constant. Players come and go but yea it starts with him.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 10:44 PM

PART of the problem. Your analysis is a little oversimplified. The guy did win 3 SBs, whether it was Jimmys doing or not. He is one of the best owners in the league when it comes to the business side of things and he is willing to make moves. His PART problem is control of the football side of things. He tried with Parcells and then went back to hiring patsies again. He likes the drama. I think most teams would want a guy like him because most have owners who are cheap and who don't care. If he ever wakes up he can do it but I am horribly disappointed with him. But you are righ that he is responsible as much as the coach and others...they all are.

JCTexan
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Dallas now needs Atlanta or Tampa Bay to lose at least once. They play Philly next week so even if the Eagles win they have a shot at beating them next week to get ahead of them. The Falcons have the best shot at losing as they face Minnesota tomorrow. The Cowboys now need help to get into the playoffs.

ObsiWan
12-20-2008, 10:46 PM
PART of the problem. Your analysis is a little oversimplified. The guy did win 3 SBs, whether it was Jimmys doing or not. He is one of the best owners in the league when it comes to the business side of things and he is willing to make moves. His PART problem is control of the football side of things. He tried with Parcells and then went back to hiring patsies again. He likes the drama. I think most teams would want a guy like him because most have owners who are cheap and who don't care. If he ever wakes up he can do it but I am horribly disappointed with him. But you are right that he is responsible as much as the coach and others...they all are.

those two sentences tell most of us that Jones is the problem

stingray
12-20-2008, 10:46 PM
PART of the problem. Your analysis is a little oversimplified. The guy did win 3 SBs, whether it was Jimmys doing or not. He is one of the best owners in the league when it comes to the business side of things and he is willing to make moves. His PART problem is control of the football side of things. He tried with Parcells and then went back to hiring patsies again. He likes the drama. I think most teams would want a guy like him because most have owners who are cheap and who don't care. If he ever wakes up he can do it but I am horribly disappointed with him. But you are righ that he is responsible as much as the coach and others...they all are.

So, He's Al Davis with a big wallet?

ObsiWan
12-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Dallas now needs Atlanta or Tampa Bay to lose at least once. They play Philly next week so even if the Eagles win they have a shot at beating them next week to get ahead of them. The Falcons have the best shot at losing as they face Minnesota tomorrow. The Cowboys now need help to get into the playoffs.

Actually both TB and ATL could lose tomorrow. Neither are playing chump teams.

JCTexan
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Actually both TB and ATL could lose tomorrow. Neither are playing chump teams.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not calling the Chargers chumps. The Buccaneers are 6-0 at home & have lost two in a row. They should be ready to play tomorrow. The Falcons are 3-4 on the road and facing the 9-5 Vikings. I would say the Falcons have a better shot at losing.

WWJD
12-20-2008, 10:56 PM
What's wrong with the Cowboys is the same thing that's been wrong with them for what? 11 years now?

They have great talent but they don't play smart. They make stupid penalities.

Generally if the defense plays lights out the offense struggles. Or the other way around.

Some talented teams can overcome that..the Colts come to mind...the Cowboys can't.

I told HF weeks ago this was not a playoff team. I still believe they aren't.

Wolf
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM
wow this is the first time I have listen to Wade.. I started counting the am't of "uuhs" after the 2nd or 3rd question and was up to a count of 17

I didn't know that the Cowboys have had 11 years straight of a losing record in November..

I almost felt sorry for Romo, the Cowboy line didn't know what was going on, everytime they zigged, the Ravens were Zagging and Romo took a pounding

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 11:06 PM
What's wrong with the Cowboys is the same thing that's been wrong with them for what? 11 years now?

They have great talent but they don't play smart. They make stupid penalities.

Generally if the defense plays lights out the offense struggles. Or the other way around.

Some talented teams can overcome that..the Colts come to mind...the Cowboys can't.

I told HF weeks ago this was not a playoff team. I still believe they aren't.

Yup, we have talked about it all season and this is exactly what has been the complaint...mistakes and dumb plays.

WWJD
12-20-2008, 11:08 PM
wow this is the first time I have listen to Wade.. I started counting the am't of "uuhs" after the 2nd or 3rd question and was up to a count of 17

I didn't know that the Cowboys have had 11 years straight of a losing record in November..

I almost felt sorry for Romo, the Cowboy line didn't know what was going on, everytime they zigged, the Ravens were Zagging and Romo took a pounding

I have watched his press conferences a few times..he looks like dead man walking..totally bored...he doesn't seem to have an ounce of motivation in him so I can't expect that he motivates the team in any way.

I don't feel sorry for Tony. He gets paid millions. He should do his job and quit screwing up. I like the guy but hey do something when it counts.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 11:13 PM
So, He's Al Davis with a big wallet?

Give me a break. You guys are piling on but again he has 3 SBs and is one if not the #1 influencial owner in the league. He is the one that started the whole stadium deals with Visa, Pepsi, etc and is one that has made the NFL what it is now. Again, he oversteps his powers as a GM type guy but people are ignorant if they don't think that most teams out there would rather have him as owner and his desire to win. Many owners are bottom liners. BUT. again, he has his issues and he needs to wake up abotu how some of the things are run. He brings in the players and does a good job of signing his guys...he just hasn't had the right people running the show. I'm frustrated with the guy and hate some of the things he does but I also know that expectations are larger from me and most of us in the fanbase.

BTW, Davis has a big wallet. Didn't you see the money he threw around this pat off season. Horrible moves but he threw it around.

stingray
12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Give me a break. You guys are piling on but again he has 3 SBs and is one if not the #1 influencial owner in the league. He is the one that started the whole stadium deals with Visa, Pepsi, etc and is one that has made the NFL what it is now. Again, he oversteps his powers as a GM type guy but people are ignorant if they don't think that most teams out there would rather have him as owner and his desire to win. Many owners are bottom liners. BUT. again, he has his issues and he needs to wake up abotu how some of the things are run. He brings in the players and does a good job of signing his guys...he just hasn't had the right people running the show. I'm frustrated with the guy and hate some of the things he does but I also know that expectations are larger from me and most of us in the fanbase.

Al Davis also has three Super Bowl wins. Seriously, the Cowboys have only drafted well when Johnson and Parcells were there. I see dark times ahead for the boys.

ATXtexanfan
12-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Leaving texas stadium, wow, wow, wow. 2nd best game I've ever seen next to our win over colts. Talk about some pissed off fans, no one wanted to stay for post game ceramonies

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Al Davis also has three Super Bowl wins. Seriously, the Cowboys have only drafted well when Johnson and Parcells were there. I see dark times ahead for the boys.

Well that is a decent amount of years when those two were there. Overall they haven't wanted for talent so that isn't the issue. I also don't see dark times. They still have guys like Choice and Felix Jones and plenty of talent on D. It comes down to coaching and having a few leaders. Al has 3 over decades..the life of the Raiders...JJ over just shy of 2. So not a normal comparison. Winning in 83 doesn't cut it. Davis and JJ aren't close..sorry. Al has no pull right now and his team isn't the highest earning/rated franchise.

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Leaving texas stadium, wow, wow, wow. 2nd best game I've ever seen next to our win over colts. Talk about some pissed off fans, no one wanted to stay for post game ceramonies

But they did though. I watched some of it on local TV up here in DFW and the stadium looked pretty full.

Wolf
12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
I wonder if Irving is going to try to snort the lines on the field and Newton going to take some turf back with him

:tease: :joker:

In all seriousness, It was nice to see Roger and Dorsett

I missed the ceremony, but I did want to see if Randy White ,"Too tall jones" and a few of the Doomsday defense

And the NFL announcing crew.. boy that was a train wreck.

They almost wanted me to hear Costas and Walton announce the game:gun:

ATXtexanfan
12-20-2008, 11:28 PM
But they did though. I watched some of it on local TV up here in DFW and the stadium looked pretty full.
I'll give them credit, place was packed out for kickoff and it was loud as ****** with a hole in the roof, reliant doesn't compare, however the people started leaving on the mcgahee runback and it was was eerie silent on the 2nd run as everyone left

StarStruck
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Today wasn't a good day for me and my favorite teams. First, Texas, second Hightower losing to Allen by a TD, and upon arriving home my neighbor met me in the driveway and gave me a summary of our Cowboys game.

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Today wasn't a good day for me and my favorite teams. First, Texas, second Hightower losing to Allen by a TD, and upon arriving home my neighbor met me in the driveway and gave me a summary of our Cowboys game.

Yeah with fantasy in past weeks and this I haven't had the best sports days...hopefully TCU will represent.

Dread-Head
12-20-2008, 11:43 PM
I wonder if Irving is going to try to snort the lines on the field and Newton going to take some turf back with him

I missed the ceremony, but I did want to see if Randy White ,"Too tall jones" and a few of the Doomsday defense

Despite my overall sense of RANCOR towards the team from North Texas. I always like and admired Tony Dorsette and thought Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson was one of the coolest fools on the planet. Ed "Too Tall" Jones, the man for whom the stat of blocked field goals was added. :-)

HoustonFrog
12-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Yeah growing up with them in the 70s forward it was fun as a kid to cheer for Too Tall, Randy White, Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters. I miss those teams

Wolf
12-20-2008, 11:58 PM
I can still remember hearing on the radio about TD's 99 yard run against the vikes

heck after all these years I guess I can finally watch it LOL

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tony-dorsett-99-12-yard-run/1821629778

or should I say 99 1/2 yards LOL with 10 men on the field.

Wolf
12-21-2008, 12:03 AM
I used to follow the Cowboys and Oilers as a kid but remember being ticked off at Jerry Jones (even though I knew Landry needed to step down) and haven't really followed the Cowboys.. My dad watches them

Randy White fan video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd22keHlqhQ

I remember being in the 2nd grade and going to the shoe store and they had a Dallas Cowboy shirt (the one with just helmet on the front) and got my mom to buy it for me.. I remember being scared of what Dad would say being he was a Vikings fan (this was 1978) ...

Dad didn't say a thing LOL

Showtime100
12-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Despite my overall sense of RANCOR towards the team from North Texas. I always like and admired Tony Dorsette and thought Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson was one of the coolest fools on the planet. Ed "Too Tall" Jones, the man for whom the stat of blocked field goals was added. :-)

I have major respect for Hollywood the person. He's done a lot of good things for himself and the community since he sobered up. He won a 28 million dollar lottery and kept very little if anything for himself. Instead donating to his East Side Youth Services and Street Outreach in Austin.

When I see an interview of him these days I stop what I am doing and turn the volume up. There are many "feel good" stories out there, but his might be my favorite.

Just had to throw that in there.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Ray Lewis is the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J8gZZKa-1w&fmt=18

"Close this down! It's official! Turn the lights off in this b***h!"

nunusguy
12-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Honestly I don't mean to bash the Cowboys, but they are rapidly becoming the Reggie Bush of NFL teams - "All Hat, No Cattle".
So much hype about a team that's more than just mediocre, but not by too much, at least in terms of how they perform on the field of play. And everyone talks about this immense talent they have. Who says so, the Pro Bowl voters ? Like that's an accurate measurement of a teams talent. Yea they had a lot of guys go to Honolulu, but that was more about JJs ability to market a brand-name than the talent that's been accumulate IMO. Now Ware is all-world as a 3-4 OLB/edge-rusher & Witten is almost as good at TE but after that I dunno ?
As I said at the top, I really don't want to bash the Cowboys, but this routine with them is really starting to get tiresome.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Honestly I don't mean to bash the Cowboys, but they are rapidly becoming the Reggie Bush of NFL teams - "All Hat, No Cattle".
So much hype about a team that's more than just mediocre, but not by too much, at least in terms of how they perform on the field of play. And everyone talks about this immense talent they have. Who says so, the Pro Bowl voters ? Like that's an accurate measurement of a teams talent. Yea they had a lot of guys go to Honolulu, but that was more about JJs ability to market a brand-name than the talent that's been accumulate IMO. Now Ware is all-world as a 3-4 OLB/edge-rusher & Witten is almost as good at TE but after that I dunno ?
As I said at the top, I really don't want to bash the Cowboys, but this routine with them is really starting to get tiresome.

I'm not making excuses for them because I, as a fan, think they have been heartless and lazy this year. But they were 13-3 last year and came into the season with new additions so it wasn't like they were "overhyped." It's natural to think they had a shot. Also, whereas Bush has never been good, the Boys have. Have they been a failure compared to expectations...yes...but I don't think the preseason expectation was far off. They were just poorly coached and played with no heart. Their D has talent. They have Barber, Felix..who played well before injuries and Choice and Witten, TO on O. They have talent. It is doing nothing with talent that is the crime. It isn't a team. That is the tiring part. You can't put together teams and then expect disfunction to work.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not making excuses for them because I, as a fan, think they have been heartless and lazy this year. But they were 13-3 last year and came into the season with new additions so it wasn't like they were "overhyped." It's natural to think they had a shot. Also, whereas Bush has never been good, the Boys have. Have they been a failure compared to expectations...yes...but I don't think the preseason expectation was far off. They were just poorly coached and played with no heart. Their D has talent. They have Barber, Felix..who played well before injuries and Choice and Witten, TO on O. They have talent. It is doing nothing with talent that is the crime. It isn't a team. That is the tiring part. You can't put together teams and then expect disfunction to work.

Nah, Reggie Bush was good. His best season was his rookie season. Dallas was good last season, so I guess it cancels out. The Cowboys just lack focus and commitment. There was a reason why the fans were booing. Lack of effort from that team.

GlassHalfFull
12-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I think what you are seeing with the cowboys this year is the whole is less than the sum of the parts, to sorta put it in mathematical terms. Lots of strong individual parts, but they do not add up to a strong team. Lack of leadership and internal conflicts are to blame.

That is the difference between them and us right now, we are coming together as a team.

HoustonFrog
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Nah, Reggie Bush was good. His best season was his rookie season. Dallas was good last season, so I guess it cancels out. The Cowboys just lack focus and commitment. There was a reason why the fans were booing. Lack of effort from that team.

The 1-15 team showed more fight alot of games. I also think Jason Garrett is a little over his head when he can't find something to do with a good RB, Witten, TO, Williams, Crayton and Austin. Soemone has to open up and for some reason Romo can't find them or they won't call plays to take advantage of it. I think there is some baggage that needs to be gone.

CloakNNNdagger
12-21-2008, 01:06 PM

You can't put together disfunction and then expect teams to work.:tiphat:

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 08:09 AM
*sigh* My only highlight this weekend..... :specnatz:

nunusguy
12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Bush was good in college and the Cowboys were good in another decade, but its been awhile now. Except they had an excellent RS record last year and then underachieved horribly in the post season playoffs.
After this past weekend I understand they are still one of the teams with a shot at the playoffs ? So they've got a reprieve and we'll now see how they do from this point forward ?

WWJD
12-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I will be very surprised if the Cowboys can go to Philly and beat the Eagles.

Even though the Eagles are not a very good team at times...

Texan_Bill
12-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Not meaning to insult Frog, Starstruck or WWJD but Saturday night was the highlight of my football weekend. Well that, and the two well played 5A, State championship games televised from Reliant Stadium.

RIP in toilet bowl.

HoustonFrog
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I will be very surprised if the Cowboys can go to Philly and beat the Eagles.

Even though the Eagles are not a very good team at times...

Agree...you never want your team to not make the playoffs but sometimes if it doesn't happen you shrug and hope ownership wakes up. You'd hate for people to get a false sense just because they kind of backed into the playoffs...though 10 wins wouldn't be bad. I just thought preseason that 12 should be almost by accident.

WWJD
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Not meaning to insult Frog, Starstruck or WWJD but Saturday night was the highlight of my football weekend. Well that, and the two well played 5A, State championship games televised from Reliant Stadium.

RIP in toilet bowl.

I have very thick skin regarding the Cowboys...for more years than I care to remember people have been lumping every Cowboys fan into this big "they are so arrogant" bowl and I've heard more than you'll ever know.

So it's all good..I've heard it ALL before.

Texas Stadium was a great stadium in it's heyday. The new stadium is beautiful and will put it to shame. SHould have been done years ago.

WWJD
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Agree...you never want your team to not make the playoffs but sometimes if it doesn't happen you shrug and hope ownership wakes up. You'd hate for people to get a false sense just because they kind of backed into the playoffs...though 10 wins wouldn't be bad. I just thought preseason that 12 should be almost by accident.

I think we'll see the Giants probably take it all the way back to the SB.

Their running game is insane.

axman40
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.wf.net/~sst97/images/txstad.jpg
:specnatz:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
12-24-2008, 12:12 PM
So much hype about a team that's more than just mediocre, but not by too much, at least in terms of how they perform on the field of play.

Yeah. I guess you're forgetting the fact they defeated the 11-2 New York Giants two weeks ago.. How mediocre. I don't think there are many teams who could get out of December with a .500 record after going up against the #1, #2, and #3 top ranked defenses and last year's Super Bowl champs. The fact remains that fans overt reactions over such losses is ridiculous. Mediocre? Um, ok.

Texan_Bill
12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
14-23? What is 14-23 you ask?

That's the Cowboys record for December and January during the 2000's.

StarStruck
12-25-2008, 02:06 AM
14-23? What is 14-23 you ask?

That's the Cowboys record for December and January during the 2000's.

Interesting. For comparison sake, how does that compare to the Texans record?

Wolf
12-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I didn't realize the cowboys used the same song for intros as the Texans (or do all NFL teams use it as part of a deal with music industry?)

video is of a mic'd up behind the scenes kind of stuff

http://www.nfl.com/videos