PDA

View Full Version : Triplets And Nate Newton

The Pencil Neck
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
So I'm having to drive around and run some errands today. I turn on the radio to have something on in the background. And since I live in the Dallas area, I find myself listening to the Michael Irvin show. He's got Nate Newton on.

And they're talking about "triplets". Back in their day, they had Aikman, Smith, and Irvin as their triplets. But after watching the game last night, they were trying to compare the Cowboys to the Colts. They wanted to know which team had the better "triplets": Peyton/Clark/Wayne or Romo/Witten/Owens.

Irvin asked Newton to pick which player he'd take:

Manning or Romo: Newton chose Romo. Hey, it's Dallas.

Clark or Witten: And Newton chose Witten because he's a better all around tight end. And I can kinda see that although I'd probably go the other way on that one.

Finally...

Wayne or Owens: And Newton says, "Andre Johnson, Houston Texans." Irvin asked again, Wayne or Owens. Newton answers, "Andre Johnson, Houston Texans." Irvin starts to get ticked off and Newton answers, "OK, Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers."

I laughed out loud when he said AJ. That totally surprised me.

El Tejano
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
It doesn't suprise me whenever people pick Andre Johnson. I'm just very proud to see a WR not flappin his trap in order to get attention.

As for Witten or Clark, I'd go with Witten also. Wittne gets open for his QB, Clark seems to only get open because Peyton made him open.

WWJD
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM
So I'm having to drive around and run some errands today. I turn on the radio to have something on in the background. And since I live in the Dallas area, I find myself listening to the Michael Irvin show. He's got Nate Newton on.

And they're talking about "triplets". Back in their day, they had Aikman, Smith, and Irvin as their triplets. But after watching the game last night, they were trying to compare the Cowboys to the Colts. They wanted to know which team had the better "triplets": Peyton/Clark/Wayne or Romo/Witten/Owens.

Irvin asked Newton to pick which player he'd take:

Manning or Romo: Newton chose Romo. Hey, it's Dallas.

Clark or Witten: And Newton chose Witten because he's a better all around tight end. And I can kinda see that although I'd probably go the other way on that one.

Finally...

Wayne or Owens: And Newton says, "Andre Johnson, Houston Texans." Irvin asked again, Wayne or Owens. Newton answers, "Andre Johnson, Houston Texans." Irvin starts to get ticked off and Newton answers, "OK, Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers."

I laughed out loud when he said AJ. That totally surprised me.

Michael has a show on the ESPN affliate there. He's outspoken and entertaining but not very well spoken.

And he loves AJ. After all they both went to U of Miami.

I would definitely pick Manning over Romo...that's a no brainer.

Witten over Clark by the slightest of margins.

And Wayne over TO.