PDA

View Full Version : Vikings call time-out on ticket price hikes

Kaiser Toro
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Despite the recent winning ways of the Minnesota Vikings, the team announced Thursday that it won’t increase any of its ticket prices next year.

The Vikings owners, in a statement released Thursday morning, cited the economy as their reason for holding prices at 2008 levels. It is the first time since 1998 that the Vikings have frozen ticket prices across all levels. The team has sold out 112 consecutive games, dating back to 1997.

“We feel that this decision will give more fans the opportunity to share in the experience that has created a home-field advantage which we look to continue as we build a championship team,” said Vikings owner and president Mark Wilf in a statement.

The Vikings, a National Football League club based in Eden Prairie, have a 9-5 record this year, have six players named to the NFL Pro-Bowl team, and are in contention to win the regular season title of the NFC Central Division. The team hasn’t been to the playoffs since 2004.

Season ticket packages in 2008 ranged from $99 for a limited-view seat to $1,230 for each of the Metrodome’s best seats, an average increase of 3 percent from 2007. Single-game tickets this year ranged from $30 to $135 per seat.

http://twincities.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2008/12/15/daily43.html?ana=e_du_pub

Goldensilence
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Good news for fans in Minnesota. Save the money and get a QB.

gwallaia
12-18-2008, 04:37 PM
$99 for a limited-view seat

This reminds me of the first game I went to in the Dome after Dud destroyed tradition and history and tore down the big scoreboard. My seat was directly behind a huge column that blocked out about 90% of the field from my vantage point.

I hope Bob McNair keeps the ticket prices the same for next year.

edo783
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
This reminds me of the first game I went to in the Dome after Dud destroyed tradition and history and tore down the big scoreboard. My seat was directly behind a huge column that blocked out about 90% of the field from my vantage point.

I hope Bob McNair keeps the ticket prices the same for next year.

Did you see the pictures of a couple of the seats at the new Lucas stadium? 3 behind each of the posts. Totally unbelievable in a modern dome stadium.