PDA

View Full Version : Titan fan's thoughts about AJ

Silver Oak
12-18-2008, 03:26 PM
thread about of all players in the NFL, who they would like to add to their team. guess who is the overwhelming choice?

(http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42224)

gtexan02
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
lol, not a surprising choice given what he's done to them! Its kind of like how many Texans fans would really like a guy like Fat AL in the middle of our DL

Bulluck53
12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Ha yea it shoudln't be too much of a surprise. AJ, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, and Fitzgerald in no particular order are WRs I dream about for this team.

Specnatz
12-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Ha yea it shoudln't be too much of a surprise. AJ, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, and Fitzgerald in no particular order are WRs I dream about for this team.

But you have VY and he just wins games.

PapaL
12-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I guess they could all throw the ball to themselves once the "future" QB starts taking snaps again.

Blazing Arrow
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
But you have VY and he just wins games.

We have 30 wins in 3 seasons with him with 2 games to go. I don't care if Fisher tea bags him before every game to get 'luck'; since we have had him we are averaging 10+ wins and we have made the playoffs twice and taken division once ... might even take the AFC! :splits:

Shammy :gun:

Vince Young does win games!

*Though Vince Young may not be in the game or even attending it; his mear thoughts push the Titans to victory.

Blazing Arrow
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM
AJ is awesome BTW. If he had a real QB he would dominate in this league like Moss or TO but with class.

I would take him in a heartbeat and trade most of next years draft class if given the option.

DiehardChris
12-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, well. That ****ty QB he has now went for 2 TDs and almost 300 yards against your great defense. Before that, over 400 against an excellent Green Bay secondary in their building.

headsplint
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah, well. That ****ty QB he has now went for 2 TDs and almost 300 yards against your great defense. Before that, over 400 against an excellent Green Bay secondary in their building.

Owned. Oh and rep.

urgh...must spread rep.

Ckw
12-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Owned. Oh and rep.

urgh...must spread rep.

Got him for you. But didn't Schaub only throw for one td?!? Anyway, he didn't throw an interception and did go over 300 yards. Yeah! Owned.

nero THE zero
12-19-2008, 05:58 AM
yeah, well. That ****ty qb he has now went for 2 tds and almost 300 yards against your great defense. Before that, over 400 against an excellent green bay secondary in their building.

284-1-0

BigBull17
12-19-2008, 07:50 AM
We have 30 wins in 3 seasons with him with 2 games to go. I don't care if Fisher tea bags him before every game to get 'luck'; since we have had him we are averaging 10+ wins and we have made the playoffs twice and taken division once ... might even take the AFC! :splits:

Shammy :gun:

Vince Young does win games!

*Though Vince Young may not be in the game or even attending it; his mear thoughts push the Titans to victory.

You know, Ive had nightmares about if we had taken Vince, and yall got Mario. Thats a scary thought.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 07:53 AM
We have 30 wins in 3 seasons with him with 2 games to go. I don't care if Fisher tea bags him before every game to get 'luck'; since we have had him we are averaging 10+ wins and we have made the playoffs twice and taken division once ...

And 0 Playoff wins to show for it...... Impressive. The legend continues. :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 08:02 AM
AJ is awesome BTW. If he had a real QB he would dominate in this league like Moss or TO but with class.

I would take him in a heartbeat and trade most of next years draft class if given the option.

Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa!!! Dominate like TO? TO?? That shows your football IQ, or rather ignorance right there. TO is not in the top 10 in any category. BTW, Schaub over the last two games alone has thrown for 698 yards. I'm not too worried about AJ getting the ball from him. Your crap team needs to worry about the Steelers and Colts. In addition they really work hard to not be one and done........ again.

I'm sure you would take AJ, but what would you do with him? Uncle Rico couldn't get the ball to him...

BigBull17
12-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa!!! Dominate like TO? TO?? That shows your football IQ, or rather ignorance right there. TO is not in the top 10 in any category. BTW, Schaub over the last two games alone has thrown for 698 yards. I'm not too worried about AJ getting the ball from him. Your crap team needs to worry about the Steelers and Colts. In addition they really work hard to not be one and done........ again.

I'm sure you would take AJ, but what would you do with him? Uncle Rico couldn't get the ball to him...

Word. If Schaub is ****ty, what do you call Collins? He is alot worse.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Word. If Schaub is ****ty, what do you call Collins? He is alot worse.

Meh, it's just Flaming Sparrow being Flaming Sparrow.

DiehardChris
12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
One touchdown, yes. Sorry about that. Thanks for the clarification. I got ahead of myself. :D

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM

'****ty' is your word not mine though I think it fits. So the guy had two good games?

Young had back to back 250+ yard games last season. Is he good?

And I know you did not take some jab at our D ... You only scored 13 points! It is not as if you actually proved anything other then Collins was having a bad day.

DiehardChris
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM
'****ty' is your word not mine though I think it fits. So the guy had two good games?

Young had back to back 250+ yard games last season. Is he good?

And I know you did not take some jab at our D ... You only scored 13 points! It is not as if you actually proved anything other then Collins was having a bad day.

Er, I was not taking any sort of jab at your defense. It's as fearsome as advertised. Every snap and every play was excruciating. We had to look at a three-yard gain as a positive play... that's how tough your guys are, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

I assure you Schaub has had more than two good games. He's had his ups and downs, but if not for two cheap hits on his knee by that booze-fueled redneck, he would be one of the QBs we'd be bitching about who deserved the Pro Bowl more than Brett Favre.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM

You would not put TO in the top 10 WRs of all time? Football IQ please.

Uncle Rico as you call him is a backup. Is that all you guys have is to attack our backup? Pathetic. You know Chris Henry is pretty terrible too ... take a jab at him. I'll wait for it during our bye week in the PLAYOFFS. You know the football played in January ... na you probably don't know what I am talking about ... nm.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
And 0 Playoff wins to show for it...... Impressive. The legend continues. :rolleyes:

0 playoff wins in one season of playoffs where we were the last seed to make it. :mcnugget:

Talk to me again in February.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Er, I was not taking any sort of jab at your defense. It's as fearsome as advertised. Every snap and every play was excruciating. We had to look at a three-yard gain as a positive play... that's how tough your guys are, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

I assure you Schaub has had more than two good games. He's had his ups and downs, but if not for two cheap hits on his knee by that booze-fueled redneck, he would be one of the QBs we'd be bitching about who deserved the Pro Bowl more than Brett Favre.

Possibly but the guy needs to prove he can win enough games to take you into the playoffs. As it stands right now he can not even lead you to enough wins to be .500 in division.

He has a 1000+ yard RB, a 100+ rec 1500 yard (projecting here) WR. The tools are there on offense. Just not the wins.

mexican_texan
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Possibly but the guy needs to prove he can win enough games to take you into the playoffs. As it stands right now he can not even lead you to enough wins to be .500 in division.

He has a 1000+ yard RB, a 100+ rec 1500 yard (projecting here) WR. The tools are there on offense. Just not the wins.
Our offense can put up 30 points. Unfortunately, so can our defense.

DiehardChris
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the Texans, but I think circumstances have a lot to do with what happened this season. When Ike hit Houston after Week 1, I wrote in my blog that we would look back at it as what killed our season, and I think that's exactly what happened.

Before he got hurt:
We got our heads kicked in by Pittsburgh (possibly the best team in the league). (He played like crap. No defense here)
Schaub had TWO TDs dropped against Tennessee. This one's not on Schaub.
Schaub lead the team on a game-tying drive in Jacksonville. Schaub did all he could. Our defense blew it.
Sage blew the Indy game.
Schaub lead the team on a game-winning drive against Miami.
Edged out Detroit
Pummeled Cincy
Got hurt against Minnesota

Then after he came back, what? A FOUR game winning streak - including another game-winning drive against Green Bay in their building.

So this season Schaub has started nine games. In those nine, he's lead the team on TWO game-winning drives, and one game-tying drive. I'd say that's definite improvement on the past, and most important - he's proved himself as a WINNER with those late-game drives. Something our QBs have never been capable of.

mexican_texan
12-19-2008, 12:09 PM
What's Drew Bennett up to these days?

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
What's Drew Bennett up to these days?

Sucking ... Drew Drops was a good move and he was WAY overpaid.

mexican_texan
12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
He was pretty good with Volek throwing him the ball...the last time y'all had a good passing attack.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
You would not put TO in the top 10 WRs of all time? Football IQ please.

Uncle Rico as you call him is a backup. Is that all you guys have is to attack our backup? Pathetic. You know Chris Henry is pretty terrible too ... take a jab at him. I'll wait for it during our bye week in the PLAYOFFS. You know the football played in January ... na you probably don't know what I am talking about ... nm.

NOPE... TO has too many drops, whines like a beyotch and has been a cancer.

Jerry Rice
Don Hutson
Fred Biletnikoff
Paul Warfield
Lynn Swann
Randy Moss
Lance Alworth
Marvin Harrison
Steve Largent
John Stalworth
Michael Irvin
Cris Carter
Tim Brown
Isaac Bruce
Jimmy Smith

Ooooops, that's 15.

You're right. Your QB is Kerry Collins..... :spit:

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
0 playoff wins in one season of playoffs where we were the last seed to make it. :mcnugget:

Talk to me again Monday January 12.

Fixed.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
He was pretty good with Volek throwing him the ball...the last time y'all had a good passing attack.

The games he was good in we lost. Yards mean nothing at the end of the day if you have less points then the other team. Volek put up back to back 400+ yard games which were both losses.

I am glad Volek is gone too. Great choice to lie to the coach and skip a meeting, blast your OC, then whine to the media about how unfairly you were treated. Volek is the only player I can remember that Fisher has laid the beat down in the media on.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
NOPE... TO has too many drops, whines like a beyotch and has been a cancer.

Jerry Rice
Don Hutson
Fred Biletnikoff
Paul Warfield
Lynn Swann
Randy Moss
Lance Alworth
Marvin Harrison
Steve Largent
John Stalworth
Michael Irvin
Cris Carter
Tim Brown
Isaac Bruce
Jimmy Smith

Ooooops, that's 15.

You're right. Your QB is Kerry Collins..... :spit:

TO is in the top 5 in several statistical categories and was the X factor in taking the Eagles to the playoffs. Personally I think the guy is a douche bag but I can respect the fact that in his prime he was unstoppable.

Specnatz
12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
The games he was good in we lost. Yards mean nothing at the end of the day if you have less points then the other team. Volek put up back to back 400+ yard games which were both losses.

I am glad Volek is gone too. Great choice to lie to the coach and skip a meeting, blast your OC, then whine to the media about how unfairly you were treated. Volek is the only player I can remember that Fisher has laid the beat down in the media on.

And he has won a playoff game more recently than any QB on your roster.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
TO is in the top 5 in several statistical categories and was the X factor in taking the Eagles to the playoffs. Personally I think the guy is a douche bag but I can respect the fact that in his prime he was unstoppable.

The Eagles had made the playoffs four consecutive years prior to that. After he destroyed the team after the SB, they fell to 6-10.... = cancer.

Bulluck53
12-19-2008, 05:44 PM
A Titans fan and Texans fans are arguing about Terrell Owens on a Texans message board.... :)

Hardcore Texan
12-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the Texans, but I think circumstances have a lot to do with what happened this season. When Ike hit Houston after Week 1, I wrote in my blog that we would look back at it as what killed our season, and I think that's exactly what happened.

Before he got hurt:
We got our heads kicked in by Pittsburgh (possibly the best team in the league). (He played like crap. No defense here)
Schaub had TWO TDs dropped against Tennessee. This one's not on Schaub.
Schaub lead the team on a game-tying drive in Jacksonville. Schaub did all he could. Our defense blew it.
Sage blew the Indy game.
Schaub lead the team on a game-winning drive against Miami.
Edged out Detroit
Pummeled Cincy
Got hurt against Minnesota

Then after he came back, what? A FOUR game winning streak - including another game-winning drive against Green Bay in their building.

So this season Schaub has started nine games. In those nine, he's lead the team on TWO game-winning drives, and one game-tying drive. I'd say that's definite improvement on the past, and most important - he's proved himself as a WINNER with those late-game drives. Something our QBs have never been capable of.

Agreed. If he can stay on the field, this time next year he will be putting up great numbers and leading this team to a lot more W's....the dude is a gamer. Book it.

Hey BA, curious to know how the ball got in AJ's hands for all those receptions and yards...those weren't direct snaps you know. If the QB play make the difference then we would have seen the same with HWSNBN, not to take anything from AJ because he IS the best WR in the league, it's not even close.

DiehardChris
12-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Agreed. If he can stay on the field, this time next year he will be putting up great numbers and leading this team to a lot more W's....the dude is a gamer. Book it.

Hey BA, curious to know how the ball got in AJ's hands for all those receptions and yards...those weren't direct snaps you know. If the QB play make the difference then we would have seen the same with HWSNBN, not to take anything from AJ because he IS the best WR in the league, it's not even close.

I think BA has already analyzed that question and came up with "Schaub has had two good games."

So, you know - can't defend against that. :D

mexican_texan
12-19-2008, 06:30 PM
A Titans fan and Texans fans are arguing about Terrell Owens on a Texans message board.... :)
Well, he does play just down the road from my college campus in Houston. Of course, it's a 4 hour drive...but still the same street.