PDA

View Full Version : Small Roster Moves

HOU-TEX
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure they will see any playing time, but I thought I'd share anyways. Jenkins is back.............for now. :)

» 12/17/2008 Signed CB David Pittman to the active roster. Released QB Craig Nall.
» 12/16/2008 Placed CB Antwaun Molden on the reserve/injured list. Signed WR Darnell Jenkins from the practice squad to the active roster. Signed CB A.J. Davis to the practice squad.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

powerfuldragon
12-17-2008, 03:23 PM
the most i could find on this new pittman was from SI's coverage of the '06 draft:

Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 182
40 Time: 4.51
Selected by: Baltimore Ravens
Round 3, pick 23 (87 overall)

BIO: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference and All-America honors as a senior after posting 36/1/9. Posted five interceptions as a junior and 55 tackles during his sophomore campaign.

POSITIVES: Fundamentally sound cornerback with good cover skills. Solid pedaling in reverse, fluid flipping his hips and loses nothing in transition. Displays a good feel for coverage, reading receivers. eyes and diagnosing the action. Effectively picks up assignments in zone. Has a decisive move to the ball and makes plays in all directions of the field.

NEGATIVES: Has a slim build and gets beaten by big receivers. Not always willing to throw his helmet into the action.

ANALYSIS: Pittman is a natural corner with a lot of skill and overall solid game. Needs to physically mature, yet a good middle-round choice who will compete in nickel or dime packages as a rookie.

(source (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/18702.html))

HOU-TEX
12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
the most i could find on this new pittman was from SI's coverage of the '06 draft:

(source (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/18702.html))

Hmm, maybe a little slobber-knockin 101 with Dunta will do the trick, no? :thinking:

powerfuldragon
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Hmm, maybe a little slobber-knockin 101 with Dunta will do the trick, no? :thinking:

hopefully.

he played in seven games in 07 for the saints. had two picks and ten tackles.

that's about all i can find on the guy.

HOU-TEX
12-17-2008, 03:36 PM
hopefully.

he played in seven games in 07 for the saints. had two picks and ten tackles.

that's about all i can find on the guy.

Damn, if the Saints chose Jason David over this guy, it doesn't say much for his ability.

mexican_texan
12-17-2008, 04:21 PM
We now have 5 Miami guys and 5 Colorado State guys.

Ole Miss Texan
12-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Whose this Matterral Richardson guy on the roster?

TimeKiller
12-18-2008, 07:21 AM
What happened to Molden? I never heard he was injured!

BuffaloglennTX
12-18-2008, 07:39 AM
What happened to Molden? I never heard he was injured!

Molden fractured his ankle covering a kickoff against the Titans this past Sunday and is on IR. He should be fine for next season.

ObsiWan
12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Whose this Matterral Richardson guy on the roster?

We plucked him off of the Redskins practice squad to take Ahman's roster spot when he went on IR.

That's 3 CBs we've picked up lately....
is that a message to anyone? Or is it that Marciano just likes CBs for his S/Ts?

DocBar
12-18-2008, 01:50 PM
I like these moves. They can be low risk-high reward, plus Smith has shown talent at picking up players in this manner. Maybe we find a diamond in the rough.

ObsiWan
12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Speaking of small moves, when did Darius Walker sneak onto our practice squad again?? I missed that one.

DiehardChris
12-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Speaking of small moves, when did Darius Walker sneak onto our practice squad again?? I missed that one.

The week that Ahman Green went on IR.

painekiller
12-19-2008, 03:27 AM
That's 3 CBs we've picked up lately....
is that a message to anyone? Or is it that Marciano just likes CBs for his S/Ts?

Joe likes em fast

ObsiWan
12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Speaking of off-season moves... I was checking the HT.com after practice quotes (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5029) and found this Kubiak quote...
(on if he sees the offensive line as a group being able to stay together for a while) “Yeah, I would sure think so. I know (C) Chris (Myers) is locked in for a while. [that's NOT a comforting thought] (OT) Eric’s (Winston) locked in for a while.[expected] Then you’ve got the other guys. Of course, (OT) Duane’s (Brown) locked in for a while.[that's not unexpected] So, (G) Chester (Pitts) and (G) Mike (Briesel) I don’t know their situation offhand [ouch for Chester, not surprising for Briesel], but believe me, as well as they’ve played and as good of workers as they are and people on top of that, it’s our job to keep them together for a long time.”Doesn't sound like we'll be looking for a new center but possibly looking to upgrades at one or both guard spots.

infantrycak
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Speaking of off-season moves... I was checking the HT.com after practice quotes (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5029) and found this Kubiak quote...
Doesn't sound like we'll be looking for a new center but possibly looking to upgrades at one or both guard spots.

He is just referring to contract status. Briesel is only signed for this year and Pitts through next. Everybody else is signed through at least 2011.

ObsiWan
12-20-2008, 06:12 PM
He is just referring to contract status. Briesel is only signed for this year and Pitts through next. Everybody else is signed through at least 2011.

Oh.
Okay.
And its not like Kubiak to tip the F/O's hand on who they'll try to re-sign and who they'll let walk.

Insideop
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Doesn't sound like we'll be looking for a new center but possibly looking to upgrades at one or both guard spots.

Kubes likes this group of O-linemen, and I know I've heard him say on at least a couple of occasions (on 610 I think), that he thinks/hopes this group will be playing together for a long time. I think he really believes they are coming together as a unit and they will only get better in the future.

So, while this doesn't look good for those of us who were looking for an upgrade at either Guard or Center, they may still pick one up in the Draft. But, my guess is, it will probably be in the later rounds. I was really hoping they would go after Mack or Luigs in the late 1st or early 2nd, but I don't think that will happen now. JMHO!

mussop
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Kubes likes this group of O-linemen, and I know I've heard him say on at least a couple of occasions (on 610 I think), that he thinks/hopes this group will be playing together for a long time. I think he really believes they are coming together as a unit and they will only get better in the future.

So, while this doesn't look good for those of us who were looking for an upgrade at either Guard or Center, they may still pick one up in the Draft. But, my guess is, it will probably be in the later rounds. I was really hoping they would go after Mack or Luigs in the late 1st or early 2nd, but I don't think that will happen now. JMHO!

I sure hope Unger will be around when we decide to get an OL. His versatility sure could come in handy in case of an injury.