PDA

View Full Version : Don't look past the Raiders!!!!

Big Lou
12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Talk about a trick game. The Texans have a chance to contine building thier confidence, but the Jokeland Faiders loom.

The Texans are on a 4 game winning streak going for 5 a team record, and have just won two of the arguably most important games of the franchise. Emotions are riding high, hopefully Kubes can keep things in perspective and keep everyone from looking past Oakland.

This game in a way is just as important as the others this year because the Texans need to beat a team that they are obviousley better than, after beating teams that were favored over the Texans.

I know they can do it, but with success comes expectations!!!! (And stress!!!)

GO TEXANS!!!!!

BSofA04
12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
I can see where this game can easily be overlooked and the Texans coming out flat. Hopefully they take care of the Raiders early and decisively. But, when you're winning 4 straight you'd think that your practice habits and intensity would be at an all time high. Let's keep the streak going!

Kulluminatii
12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
This is a easy win for the Texans if Schaub doesn't throw towards Aso, hell, Schaub should not even look towards Aso. Besides him, Texans really don't got much to worry about, I expect a blow out, and yeah, as a Raiders fan I am saying this:mcnugget:

Giant Tiger
12-16-2008, 10:04 PM
They won't look past the Raiders. It wasn't that long ago other teams were looking past the Texans. I don't see them falling into that trap.

Big Lou
12-16-2008, 10:09 PM
The Raiders just lost some of thier coaches to the Vols with Kiffin. That should add to the confusion for Cable.

I'm no Raiders fan, but its sad to see a once proud orginization in shambles.

Silver Oak
12-16-2008, 10:23 PM
my crystal ball says Dunta will celebrate his near complete recovery from last seasons injury in Oakland and snag 2 ints.

:fans:

JCTexan
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
This is a easy win for the Texans if Schaub doesn't throw towards Aso, hell, Schaub should not even look towards Aso. Besides him, Texans really don't got much to worry about, I expect a blow out, and yeah, as a Raiders fan I am saying this:mcnugget:

umm I wouldn't be scared to throw at him if he's covering AJ. All Pro vs All Pro.

b0ng
12-16-2008, 10:45 PM

Welcome aboard.

Tell me, what is the deal with the raider-fans forum? I tried to get an account registered but apparently I can't post or anything?

Is Al Davis running that forum personally?

TexanSam
12-16-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't think the Texans will overlook the Raiders. There's no reason for them too.

Ole Miss Texan
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
The Lions game showed us that we can beat a team we're supposed to beat, but that we can still easily lose that game.

The Bengals game proved we can beat a team we're supposed to beat handily.

The Titans game proved we can beat a team that is hands down better than us.

This game against Oakland should be very telling of where we are as a program.
-If we lose (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) still young and/or (ii) coaching isn't there (yet) to keep the players focused and in control.
-If we win (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) maturing and/or (ii) coaching is there to keep the players in check and focused. or a 3rd option that we're simply better and played better. :)

Kulluminatii
12-16-2008, 11:44 PM
umm I wouldn't be scared to throw at him if he's covering AJ. All Pro vs All Pro.

No doubt AJ will prove to be a tough challenge for Aso, but Schaub has a tendency to under throw the ball sometimes, and with someone like Aso guarding AJ, he'd easily take advantage of those opportunities .

Welcome aboard.

Tell me, what is the deal with the raider-fans forum? I tried to get an account registered but apparently I can't post or anything?

Is Al Davis running that forum personally?

No clue, I stopped going there for well over a week now, Im still a Raider, but I no longer blindly support the team as long as Davis is in control of the franchise.

euro-Texan
12-16-2008, 11:47 PM
A single week Power ranking with us as #1. This is the kind of thing that makes this game scare the hell out of me..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?type=predictions

bo orlando
12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
i live in oakland, and have seen most of their games this year.

the texans can overlook them, play chester pitts at quarterback, and still win by two touchdowns. aside from asamougha, mcfadden is the only guy to fear on that team, and cable gives him backup reps.

Big Lou
12-16-2008, 11:58 PM
The Lions game showed us that we can beat a team we're supposed to beat, but that we can still easily lose that game.

The Bengals game proved we can beat a team we're supposed to beat handily.

The Titans game proved we can beat a team that is hands down better than us.

This game against Oakland should be very telling of where we are as a program.
-If we lose (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) still young and/or (ii) coaching isn't there (yet) to keep the players focused and in control.
-If we win (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) maturing and/or (ii) coaching is there to keep the players in check and focused. or a 3rd option that we're simply better and played better. :)

I agree with just about everything you said with the exception of the Titans bieng hands down better than the Texans. I think the Titans are slightly better than the Texans because thier defense has the edge, but I think we're close the D just needs just a little more talent and the play calling from the last few weeks all year long.

b0ng
12-17-2008, 12:03 AM
i live in oakland, and have seen most of their games this year.

the texans can overlook them, play chester pitts at quarterback, and still win by two touchdowns. aside from asamougha, mcfadden is the only guy to fear on that team, and cable gives him backup reps.

I've been wondering about this. Do you think it's Cable not trusting the O-line that he coached to not break the Raiders two 50 million dollar toys? What about their defense? I only got to watch Oakland vs San Diego @SD and that was about on par with the beatdown the Texans got served @PIT, so I'm not well informed.

Also, I don't know how you guys have lived through Al Davis dipping slowly into the depths of insanity, but it has been quite fun watching from afar.

YellerLotYeller
12-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Well if the Texans lose this game, the ony thing we'll have to complain about is coaching. Should be a nice change for the board.

Also, have the Texans ever really earned the right to overlook any team?

powerfuldragon
12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
i heard the thread title as a bad cover of an oasis song.

Norg
12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
this is the first time in a while i can safely say we got this we can over look them and still get a W

COlts i said going in L

Ravens in knew we might lose

GB i was 100% we were going to lose

but now iam pretty sure we can handle oakland

and prob have a tough battle with Chicago

Vinnie
12-17-2008, 12:36 AM

No, and they know that. The Texans will be playing for something in this game and that something is a shot at their first winning record in franchise history. I just can't believe that thought is lost on any of these players, especially guys like Dre that have been around a while and have endured so much losing. I expect them to be well prepared and ready to execute the game plan...and win.

gg no re
12-17-2008, 01:11 AM

So Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by
My soul slides away, but don't look past the Raiders
I heard you say

then richard smith butchers the solo and the band gets booed off the stage.

sometexansfan
12-17-2008, 03:27 AM
No way we overlook the Raiders. Kubes wants to get this one for his buddy Mike.

ObsiWan
12-17-2008, 09:53 AM
The goal this year, for the coaches and players, was to make the playoffs. That's gone bye-bye so now all that's left is to notch their first winning season. We need to win out to do that. They won't over look this one.

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Oasis...the bad Beatles cover band that SOMEHOW made it big. But seriously though like I said last week : "Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday."

:Oriel A. "Bum" Phillips. I think the Texans can pull this one out, but never assume another team is incapable of winning. Tom Brady's b-yatch @$$ did that last year in the Superbowl against the Giants and the result is a bunch of old men who won a couple of games in 1972...STILL NOT SHUTTING THE DUCK UP!...quack!

mike moffat
12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the post. You seem to be one of the very few Raider fans that actually has some common sense when it comes to the fate of your team.
I am going to the game and will be there supporting the Texans. Driving down from Redding.

Silver Oak
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Oasis...the bad Beatles cover band that SOMEHOW made it big.

You're way off base with that labeling.

I don't know how much of Oasis' music you have listened to, but while they are fans of the Beatles, they definitely have their own style.

gg no re
12-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Oasis...the bad Beatles cover band that SOMEHOW made it big.

Can't hate them.... What's the Story (Morning Glory) and Definitely Maybe were pretty good albums! The rest of their discography after that though..... :gun:

b0ng
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
This thread has now become the Oasis apreciation station

Silver Oak
12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Can't hate them.... What's the Story (Morning Glory) and Definitely Maybe were pretty good albums! The rest of their discography after that though..... :gun:

do yourself a favor and give a listen/look at one of their newest "I'm Outta Time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjBfAxGoGtw

sorry for the thread hijack. :texflag:

TEXANS84
12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
*Wonders where the Raidernation is*

I may bring them over, although their board is not too happy right now.

ATXtexanfan
12-17-2008, 03:08 PM
good teams beat the teams they're suppose to. remember the falcon loss from last year after the 2-0 start

Texan_Bill
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
*Wonders where the Raidernation is*

I may bring them over, although their board is not too happy right now.

I thought about given them a direct link to your thread. CC_Me probably hasn't been updated in some time.

TEXANS84
12-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I thought about given them a direct link to your thread. CC_Me probably hasn't been updated in some time.

No thank you. I posted a direct link to this thread on raiderfans.net though.

b0ng
12-17-2008, 03:54 PM
No thank you. I posted a direct link to this thread on raiderfans.net though.

Tell them to authorize new accounts so that they can post.

bo orlando
12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I've been wondering about this. Do you think it's Cable not trusting the O-line that he coached to not break the Raiders two 50 million dollar toys? What about their defense? I only got to watch Oakland vs San Diego @SD and that was about on par with the beatdown the Texans got served @PIT, so I'm not well informed.

Also, I don't know how you guys have lived through Al Davis dipping slowly into the depths of insanity, but it has been quite fun watching from afar.

first off, i'm not necessarily a raider fan. i just live in oakland. however, i will say that going to a raider game is one of the most fun experiences you can have.

as for cable, the problem is that he's not a good coach. he runs this offense where fargas is the main back, and mcfadden comes in every once in a while and either goes out for a pass, lines up in the slot, or plays quarterback in the wildcat. as the o-line coach, he probably thinks fargas is a more dependable choice for the zbs they have, and he probably figures he can still harness mcfadden's explosiveness by using him in creative ways. mcfadden, however, does not have the reggie bush skillset to make this work. he's an every-down back who will break off a few big runs a game if he gets enough carries. also, since returning from his injury, he seems to be one of the few raiders still playing with fire (even asamougha quit last week).

when cable took the job, he first seemed to be going after a disciplined approach with the team, minimizing mistakes, playing tough defense, etc. then after a couple of weeks of not being able to score points, he demoted the OC and started calling the plays himself, which tended to skew towards creative scheming and risk-taking. that's when you saw stuff like that ridiculous fake field goal where the punter tried to flip the ball between his legs backward to janikowski. now, they just have no offensive identity to speak of, throwing the ball all over the field with no rhyme or reason.

the texans will have to do A LOT not to win this game.

axman40
12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Well if the Texans lose this game, the ony thing we'll have to complain about is coaching. Should be a nice change for the board.

No they have not ,IMO
:fans:

RipTraxx
12-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Complacency is a dangerous thing. When you look at it...the raiders REALLY have nothing to lose...

cc_me
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM

Oh I keep up with Dante and his exploits!!!

Tell them to authorize new accounts so that they can post.

What site are you on?? There shouldn't be a problem at RF.net. At least not that I know. I will look into it though.

b0ng
12-17-2008, 10:05 PM
What site are you on?? There shouldn't be a problem. At least not that I know. I will look into it though.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/

user name is same as here.

cc_me
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/

user name is same as here.

Ok. We may be manually authorizing new members due to some recent troubles. I will check.

b0ng
12-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Ok. We may be manually authorizing new members due to some recent troubles. I will check.

Sweet. Tell em that I am a quality poster here and only RARELY post when I'm drunk (sundays only)