PDA

View Full Version : Which team would YOU like to see get a 6th Superbowl first?

Dread-Head
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Okay The 49ers, Cowgirls and Steelers are all tied at 5 superbowls a piece. This year two of those teams have enough talent to make it to the big game. Which franchise would YOU like to see make it #6 first? You already KNOW my choice on this one.

GlassHalfFull
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Texans. No reason we can't get 6 before any of the others.

psst. See user name. :texflag:

infantrycak
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Cowboys.

Time to head for cover.

Dread-Head
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
CAK!!!!! It's a poll...you forgot to vote! Personally I'd like to see the Texans take 6 of em before the boys make it back to the play offs, but realistically, seeing Troy Palamalu's smiling face as he holds the Lombardi for a second time in his hall of fame career would make my year.

eriadoc
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, I still hate the Steelers from the LYB era. I hate the Cowboys because. I don't care one way or the other for the 49ers, so if those are my choices, I'm going with the 49ers.

However, I prefer to pick the Texans, and watch those teams take a 40 year hiatus from the super Bowl.

Texan_Bill
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Cowboys... Not NO, but Eff NO!!!
Steelers... Same!!!

meh, Niners I guess. No ill-will there.

Dread-Head
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Steelers... Same!!!

I DO like Mike Singletary...and my short haired doppleganger Spencer Tillman DID play with them when they won their last
Lombardi...but I'll stick with Pittsburgh on this one. I know a certain Cowboy fan who would be beside himself if it happened.

infantrycak
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
CAK!!!!! It's a poll...you forgot to vote! Personally I'd like to see the Texans take 6 of em before the boys make it back to the play offs, but realistically, seeing Troy Palamalu's smiling face as he holds the Lombardi for a second time in his hall of fame career would make my year.

Well obviously the Texans, but as that isn't likely I am a Texan and want to see any Texas team be on top rather than some yankee team.

Texan_Bill
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Steelers... Same!!!

D'OH!!! I didn't see option "D"... So, option "D"

Brando
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Niners. I will be rooting for the Steelers, this week only and if they play the Titans in the playoffs.

WWJD
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Cowboys.

It's most likely to be the Steelers though.

Hervoyel
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Steelers without a doubt. The moment the Texans stop playing (after beating the Raiders and Bears) I transform into a die-hard Steeler fan for the duration of the playoffs. Seriously, they are doing the entire NFL a service by keeping the Titans out of the big game if they win out. Once they get there I say why not let them win 6 first. Of the three choices they're the team and franchise that I admire most.

infantrycak
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Steelers without a doubt. The moment the Texans stop playing (after beating the Raiders and Bears) I transform into a die-hard Steeler fan for the duration of the playoffs. Seriously, they are doing the entire NFL a service by keeping the Titans out of the big game if they win out. Once they get there I say why not let them win 6 first. Of the three choices they're the team and franchise that I admire most.

Naaah. If you truly hate the Titans, you want them to make it to the SB and then come up one yard short again.

Hervoyel
12-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Too dangerous. Too risky. The Steelers are our only hope. In two weeks I go to the dark side. Did you meet Barry at my house? He was the big bald guy with the beard and he's a lifelong Steeler fan. He's going to be my "Darth Sidious" for the remainder of the year.

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice

Showtime100
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I took the Niners. Yeah yeah, the Texans, woot. Let's get a winning season and a playoff appearance first. I love the Texans and they'll always be my team, but for the moment there should only be three choices up there.

Specnatz
12-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I voted Texans of course but if the Steelers or 49ers get it would piss off JJ and that would be funny to me.

ChrisG
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
texans

realisticlly i would say Pitts

i love a smashmouth D

JCTexan
12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Well obviously the Texans, but as that isn't likely I am a Texan and want to see any Texas team be on top rather than some yankee team.

Yeah, I agree. Cowboys would have to be my pick. Of course if I thought it was possible for the Texans to win 6 before either of them I would pick Houston.

Second Honeymoon
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
no doubt I would much rather see the Cowboys win another besides the Steelers or 49ers. i don't have that Napoleonic complex hatred of the Cowboys (and Dallas in general) that it seems some Houstonians have towards anything Dallas though. If your in Texas, your fine in my book. I am a Texan first...and not just a Houston Texan but a TEXAN. Some even think there is a rivalry between the Texans and Pokes....umm, no.

Texas First...the rest of 'em can go bleep themselves...

its like this...I could be the biggest UT homer in the world, but if A&M made the National Championship game, I would be rooting for A&M something fierce and wouldn't be ashamed one bit. California and Pennsylvania can bleep themselves.

Showtime100
12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
no doubt I would much rather see the Cowboys win another besides the Steelers or 49ers. i don't have that Napoleonic complex hatred of the Cowboys (and Dallas in general) that it seems some Houstonians have towards anything Dallas though. If your in Texas, your fine in my book. I am a Texan first...and not just a Houston Texan but a TEXAN. I will leave the unwarranted hatred of the Cowboys by Houston fan to the jealous and juvenile....or both. Some people even think there is a rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys....ummm, no there isnt.

Texas First...the rest can go bleep themselves...

its like this...I could be the biggest UT homer in the world, but if A&M made the National Championship game (please don't laugh) I would be rooting for A&M something fierce and wouldn't be ashamed one bit. California and Pennsylvania can bleep themselves.

Wow, this coming from a Cardinal fan.

You must live in Houston and don't have to defend your city's teams on a daily basis I see. Besides, we are talking sports teams here, not real life. I have very dear friends in Dallas as well as in places where your would choose for them to go screw themselves. My feelings in the world of sports have nothing to do with my feeling of MY COUNTRY and COUNTRYMEN and WOMEN.

Just love Texas and it's citizens? Sad, very sad.

To a large degree I root for teams just because they are "local," but not all teams. One more thing, we all have our reasons for everything and you are way off in your catagoric thinking.

Double Barrel
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I voted "D", of course...but, out of the three, I'd have to say either the Steelers or the 49ers, preferably neither. A sixth ring for the Cowboys just means that local Cowboy fans get that much more obnoxious. They are still running at the mouth, but what keeps them in check is the fact that they haven't seen a playoff win in over a decade. I can only imagine the high level of arrogance that another championship would produce among certain parts of that fanbase.

b0ng
12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Voted 9'ers because screw those other two teams.

Would love to see the Texans win 6 superbowls back to back to back to back to back to back, but come on now.

49'er fans are easily the least hateable group here.

Giant Tiger
12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Voted 9'ers because screw those other two teams.

Would love to see the Texans win 6 superbowls back to back to back to back to back to back, but come on now.

49'er fans are easily the least hateable group here.

Well said :)

SheTexan
12-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, since I'll be doing good to live to see our TEXANS win ONE SB, I, of course, went with the NINERS, my fav team in the NFC!! I'm still dreaming of a Texan/Niner SB before I go on to football heaven.

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
D'OH!!! I didn't see option "D"... So, option "D"

Yeah nice try Bill! Gaurds! TAKE HIM AWAY! (Armed men dragged Bill away)

Texan_Bill
12-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah nice try Bill! Gaurds! TAKE HIM AWAY! (Armed men dragged Bill away)

*swinging, kicking and cussing* It weren't me....

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
*swinging, kicking and cussing* It weren't me....

...oh... Alright. Let him go. I would have to be the world biggest jerk to toss you into a dungeon after what that wolverine did to your neighbor's cat after the last poker game. Again...I'm REALLY sorry! I have no idea where he got that zippo from. Let me know when it's fur starts growing back.

4Texans
12-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not interested in seeing any body else get a SB ring besides the Texans.

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not interested in seeing any body else get a SB ring besides the Texans.

Sorry...I REALLY don't want to see Dallas getting to 6 first...they'll never shut up about it. They're still pissed that Pittsburgh has five now.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Cowboys of course. Where are the people talking about how down SF has been all these years. They basically had the 80s and have been a door mat every decade but.

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Cowboys of course. Where are the people talking about how down SF has been all these years. They basically had the 80s and have been a door mat every decade but.

Kinda how the Cowboys were a powerhouse to everyone BUT the Steelers in the 70's and in the 90s won two impressive Superbowls and were GIVEN one by Neil O'Donnell? 5 Superbowls in 13 years and then oblivion...vs being a proverbial playoff contender who can't get past the first round. Yeah you're right SF sux.

bah007
12-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Kinda how the Cowboys were a powerhouse to everyone BUT the Steelers in the 70's and in the 90s won two impressive Superbowls and were GIVEN one by Neil O'Donnell? 5 Superbowls in 13 years and then oblivion...vs being a proverbial playoff contender who can't get past the first round. Yeah you're right SF sux.

Since the merger:

Pittsburgh is 2nd in win %, playoff appearances, and playoff wins. 1st in division titles.

Dallas is 3rd in win % and division titles. 1st in playoff appearances and playoff wins.

SF is 6th in win %, t-4th in playoff appearances, 2nd in division titles, and 3rd in playoff wins.

I would say they are all pretty decent.

Dread-Head
12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Since the merger:

Pittsburgh is 2nd in win %, playoff appearances, and playoff wins. 1st in division titles.

Dallas is 3rd in win % and division titles. 1st in playoff appearances and playoff wins.

SF is 6th in win %, t-4th in playoff appearances, 2nd in division titles, and 3rd in playoff wins.

I would say they are all pretty decent.

I respect the Cowgirls...but...I'm not gonna say I like em....

bah007
12-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I respect the Cowgirls...but...I'm not gonna say I like em....

Wouldn't expect you to if you're not a fan.

Thorn
12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Texans. No reason we can't get 6 before any of the others.

psst. See user name. :texflag:

I picked the Texans of course, but if I had to choose out of those three, it would be the Steelers. I HATE the Cowpatties and I'd be happy if they never won another game the rest of their horrible existence. San Fran I don't care about, one way or the other, but I do have some respect for the Steelers left over from my Oiler days.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I picked the Texans of course, but if I had to choose out of those three, it would be the Steelers. I HATE the Cowpatties and I'd be happy if they never won another game the rest of their horrible existence. San Fran I don't care about, one way or the other, but I do have some respect for the Steelers left over from my Oiler days.

because the most successful and most storied franchise in NFL history has had 'such a horrible existence.' what a joke.

Specnatz
12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
because the most successful and most storied franchise in NFL history has had 'such a horrible existence.' what a joke.

He was referring to the cowgirls not the Steelers.

Hookem Horns
12-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Giants, they have 4 right now.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Giants, they have 4 right now.

Um, 3 (??)

HoustonFrog
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM

If you are going to talk trash at least know what you are talking about.
Anyways, lets go over the facts....a record 20 straight winning seasons from 1966 to 1985...covering 2 decades. 4 SBs in the 70s with wins against Miami and Denver and 2 of the best SBs ever in the Pitt losses. They still got to 4 NFC Championship games in the 80s. In the 90s 3 more SBs. who cares what O'Donnell did. We can't help that he turned into Sage and there was stiil the fact that they weren't winning. So basically covering a majority of 3-4 decades..going on 5, they have had winning teams. Yeah, that is so pedestrian. Especially since showing up in 8 SBs is still a record. Oh yeah I don't want to forget the record 25 10 win seasons. So again, 4-5 decades of success and records or 1...not hard to figure out.

Hate to be an ass about this here and there but it is tiring to hear the b.s. about Cowboy hatred because some thin skinned people ran into a few a-holes along the way. Guess what?I've been here in Houston almost 15 years and I hear nothing but Cowboy hate talk. There are sports talk shows that talk about them daily. I run into more people than most on here that have an unhealthy hate for them. What I will never get over is that while growing up in Ft. Worth Houston wasn't even a topic and in fact most of us cheered for the Oilers and Astros. To me that says alot.

kastofsna
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Dolphins

WWJD
12-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm just guessing but in the overall history of pro football I would think no team has more championships than the Packers.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm just guessing but in the overall history of pro football I would think no team has more championships than the Packers.

Probably

imatexan
12-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Steelers all the way!!!