PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the Texans to lose their next 2 games IF ...

Marcus
12-15-2008, 09:25 AM
... that would guarantee Richard Smith's firing?

noxiousdog
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
No. I never want them to lose.

Kaiser Toro
12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
My aim is for the Texans to always win. An emphatic no from me. Smith getting fired should be on his value alone.

Vinny
12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
this is the logic of self loathing fans...losing the last two games just to make it easy to excuse your way into firing someone is weak.

SheTexan
12-15-2008, 09:30 AM
NEVER!!! I follow the game to be competitive and HOPEFULLY WIN!! I never want to lose!

eriadoc
12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
No, I want someone in the organization to recognize that the defensive talent on this team is good enough to compete, as is evident from the past four weeks. I further want those people to realize that these same players were put in bad situations by the crappy defensive scheme early in the season, and now it's too late. Then I want those people to go back and watch the defensive starts we got in 2006 and 2007.

The recent defensive performance only proves how inept Richard Smith is, IMO. If this were his first year, maybe I'd cut him some slack. But it's not. Our defensive start in 2006 was so horribly abysmal, we had the chance to be historically bad - as in the worst defensive team of all time. We pulled it together and played decently down the stretch. That was strike one. Last year was strike two. This year, he should be out.

gtexan02
No way!!! Winning does way more for our team than changing a D coordinator could do. Building confidence is the way to go

eriadoc
My aim is for the Texans to always win. An emphatic no from me. Smith getting fired should be on his value alone.

Add this to my post above.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 09:38 AM
No!!!

What a defeatist attitude for anyone who thinks anything but winning is better.

badboy
12-15-2008, 09:44 AM
If we slam Smith (which I have) for pitiful defensive game, do we also congratulate him for the results we have seen the last few games? Whatever the catalyst was that began the turn around should have occured earlier in the season, but it did occur.

DBCooper
12-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Win, despite his incompetence.

steve110340
12-15-2008, 09:47 AM
No;;;

MannyFresh
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
That a negative! We want to win!

StarStruck
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Incredible!

Ole Miss Texan
12-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Just as long as we win the Bush Bowl....

Winning the last two games gives us our first winning record in franchise history, and it's against two very beatable teams. I don't ever want us to lose to make it easier to fire somebody, or to secure a certain draft slot, etc. Win regardless of the "consequences".

And just because we finish 9-7 doesn't mean changes shouldn't be made. We still havn't made it to the playoffs. I hate to sound pessimistic but a winning season doesn't secure anybody's job.

Marty Schottenheimer got fired after coaching his team to a 14-2 record. So another late season surge by our defense doesn't necessarily mean Smith's position is secure.

Thorn
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
I want this season to end on a six game winning streak.

The Pencil Neck
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
<Herm Edwards voice> You PLAY to WIN the GAME.</Herm Edwards Voice>

HOU-TEX
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Hellz NO! This team needs to win. They need to develop a type of swagger winning teams have.

:texflag:

Yankee_In_TX
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Hell no!

We're playing at home, 3 days after Christmas, on a 5 game win streak, for a shot at our first ever winning season!

It was ugly, it was brutal, we still give it up (the ball) like a cheap hooker, but it feels AWESOME! (beating the Tacks for a 4 game win streak, not cheap hookers).

Texans34Life
12-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Where's the choice for NO! I want them to win, but he'll still get canned?.

Ryan
12-15-2008, 10:33 AM
NONONONONONO. If this is their first chance at a winning season, I want them to win.

b0ng
12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
No, why would I want them to lose?

I still would VERY MUCH LIKE IT if they fired Smith, but if they keep him for some strange reason, then I'm not going jump off a bridge. I will probably ***** though.

Still, I'd rather them win games than lose them.

RipTraxx
12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
RS has taken years off my life.....

Still im with most people. I'll take the W's.

I still think theres a chance he's still gone. We HAVE talent yet we've been at the bottom of the league in D.

OzzO
12-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Good thing is, the votes are REALLY skewed in favor of winning. I don't think it's going to change some F.O.'s mind about what should be done in the offseason. IF there's someone out there that is an improvement (yeah, I know) and doesn't alter the general scheme we've been building over the past years (no need for reply - I know), then Dickey should be launched.

I totally thought the same thing when I saw the title of the thread.

Hagar
12-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Talk about a screwed up pole question. :tiptoe:

Specnatz
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM

So far the only person whom I know is a Titan lover, toronto, he voted yes. Right there tells you about the poll.

WIN and worry about the other stuff in the off-season.

Jackie Chiles
12-15-2008, 12:58 PM
So far the only person whom I know is a Titan lover, toronto, he voted yes. Right there tells you about the poll.

Hah, classic. Busted.

Norg
12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
we will prob beat the Raiders and might lose to chicago

chicago is a very good team

Hervoyel
12-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Not just "No" but "Hell No!" I want a 9 win season more than anything right now. Two more wins and the Richard Smith debate can return after the season is over. Yes I want him gone. No I'm not going to jump ship if they disagree with me and bring him back. Yes I am going to raise holy hell if the Texans start the season playing like a flag football team running the prevent defense from day one of next year.

He needs to go but we also need to win these two games. If he comes back he needs to understand what is unacceptable. Kubiak needs to make that clear to him. McNair needs to make that clear to both of them. It doesn't have to be this way every year.

Oh yeah and you guys who think it's all the talent? I give you the last four weeks and say they prove we can play tough defense with the players we have. It's a fact.

powerfuldragon
12-15-2008, 01:12 PM
i think the fans have spoken.. we can go ahead and lock this thread now.

DocBar
12-15-2008, 01:13 PM
HELL NO!!! I also think the "defense is playing sooooo much better" phenomena is not entirely truthful. Collins made some HORRIBLE throws yesterday when his recievers absolutely torched our DBs. Same thing happened in the GB game. We got some decent pressure on Collins yesterday, but I don't think we rattled him at all. I think T.O.P. was a major factor in winning this game. That's all on the O. I was shocked when I saw how long we had the ball. The Tacks got away from their strengths, for whatever reason, and I think it cost them the game. Just as we were a couple of plays from beating the Colts and Jags earlier this year, that's how we've won a couple of games. Comes around goes around.

JCTexan
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM
No, I want them to win nine games! First winning season for our Texans is more than a firing or draft position imo.

haha I love it. "The greatest thing about sports is... you play to WIN THE GAME!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

infantrycak
12-15-2008, 01:42 PM

And here I thought a screwed up pole question was "thong or granny panties?"

Double Barrel
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Just win, baby! Worry about the 2009 season next year. We've still got two more to go this year, and I plan on enjoying them both to their full potential. A six game win streak and a winning records would really be nice to see. This franchise and fanbase certainly could use it.

Dan B.
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I have two bets going that the Texans finish above .500, so I might have a financial incentive for my vote.

:winky:

HJam72
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I have two bets going that the Texans finish above .500, so I might have a financial incentive for my vote.

:winky:

Sure hope you win those. We love our sucker/homers here. :) :jk:

SteveSlaton20
12-15-2008, 07:24 PM
No. I never want them to lose.

Exactly

Stupidest question i've ever heard

Runner
12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Bogus question because the decision is already made. There are a couple of options:

1) They are winning because Smith finally "gets it" - he's already a keeper so win the games.

2) They are winning because Smith is no longer calling the shots - he is already gone so it doesn't matter if they win two more games.

I guess the third option is he "forgets" it next year, but I'll avoid that issue for now.

imatexan
12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I voted Yes..I want my Texans to lose.

PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No way!

ObsiWan
12-15-2008, 07:52 PM

whut he sed.

JCTexan
12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Bogus question because the decision is already made. There are a couple of options:

1) They are winning because Smith finally "gets it" - he's already a keeper so win the games.

2) They are winning because Smith is no longer calling the shots - he is already gone so it doesn't matter if they win two more games.

I guess the third option is he "forgets" it next year, but I'll avoid that issue for now.

What is the question? If they are winning because Smith finally gets it... then I think he should stay, but I hope someone else is calling the plays. That would likely mean Smith is going to be replaced by this guy, and we'd have this D all of next year. I don't know who is calling the plays though.

Norg
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I hope the texans never lose i hope we go what is it 19-0 next season

and win like 5 superbowls and be come the best dynasty ever !!!!!!!

GP
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I voted NO.

You can't possibly desire the team to tank JUST to get rid of a guy. If we tanked, there would be more problems than just the defensive coordinator to look at.

At some point, things will level off and we'll see the FO make a move. If we have another season like the last three (slow starts, strong finishes by the D) then I think they let him go mid-season.

threetoedpete
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM

Winning the last two games gives us our first winning record in franchise history, and it's against two very beatable teams. I don't ever want us to lose to make it easier to fire somebody, or to secure a certain draft slot, etc. Win regardless of the "consequences".

And just because we finish 9-7 doesn't mean changes shouldn't be made. We still haven't made it to the playoffs. I hate to sound pessimistic but a winning season doesn't secure any body's job.

Marty Schottenheimer got fired after coaching his team to a 14-2 record. So another late season surge by our defense doesn't necessarily mean Smith's position is secure.

the first assumption is....Richard Smith had/has complete autonomy over the defense. Who told you that one ? One ship. one captain on the ship....and it ain't Richard Smith.

Eventually you're (Poll poster) going to get it.

threetoedpete
12-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I voted NO.

You can't possibly desire the team to tank JUST to get rid of a guy. If we tanked, there would be more problems than just the defensive coordinator to look at.

At some point, things will level off and we'll see the FO make a move. If we have another season like the last three (slow starts, strong finishes by the D) then I think they let him go mid-season.

I dunno . I want Orakpo, Everet Brown or Curry aweful bad with that first pick next april. Personally , I hope they unload the benches the last two games. Reguardless they need to take Demeeco off that ankle, and travis johnson off his knee.

mexican_texan
12-16-2008, 01:45 PM
this is the logic of self loathing fans...losing the last two games just to make it easy to excuse your way into firing someone is weak.
This

sometexansfan
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM
No way!!! Winning does way more for our team than changing a D coordinator could do. Building confidence is the way to go

:goodpost:

jctrux
12-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Never want the team to lose. Win all the games you can and evaluate the talent and coaching staff after the season.

steelbtexan
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I hate losing

Giant Tiger
12-16-2008, 09:34 PM
We need to win these next 2 games & carry that forward to next year :thisbig:

Joe Texan
12-16-2008, 09:45 PM
The poll should read :
should I quit posting stupid posts

Yes
No

or maybe : Should I jump off the tallest building of Houston?

Yes
No

Texans should never lose.

4Texans
12-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Never lose! Always looking for a win.

Hook'er
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Win the games, Fire Smith!:texflag:

ObsiWan
12-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I dunno . I want Orakpo, Everet Brown or Curry aweful bad with that first pick next april. Personally , I hope they unload the benches the last two games. Reguardless they need to take Demeeco off that ankle, and travis johnson off his knee.
I'm 1000% with you on that! No chance that he'll still be around if we finish 8-8 or 9-7. That'll mean we're picking somewhere in the 14-18 range. I'm afraid he'll be long gone by then.

Hottoddie
12-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Craig., dsorc, gary, marv800, toronto,

We need to talk. :bat: