PDA

View Full Version : MMQB - Texans

4Texans
12-15-2008, 08:13 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/14/Week15/index.html

Texans mentioned several times. AJ gets the Offensive player of the week, and the team makes the Fine Fifteen (@ 15).

Porky
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Buried on the last page is:

8. I think if Steve Slaton (last five games: 156, 73, 130, 120, 100 yards) had been playing this big a role all season, he'd be challenging Adrian Peterson for the rushing title right now.

9. I think the receiving race is going to be a good one down the stretch. Andre Johnson's up on Wes Welker, 103 catches to 102, and Johnson has a 98-yard lead on Roddy White for the yardage title. Johnson's amazing. He's averaging a 100-yard receiving game per week. Exactly.

:splits:

Errant Hothy
12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Also buried:

Just as the 1983 draft became known as the Quarterback Class of 1983 because of the six quarterbacks taken in the first round, perhaps this year's draft will become the Tackle Class of 2008. Of the eight tackles taken in the first round, six started in Week 1 and four have played in every game.'' Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Branden Albert, Gosder Cherilus, Sam Baker, Jeff Otah and Duane Brown all have started much or all of the season ... and Hornsby's attention to the minutiae of the game shows he's watching closely, rewinding and replaying recordings and getting a good view.

Brown, for instance, he's seen in five complete games, and he points out that four sacks and seven pressures allowed in those games shows he might be the odd man out -- the Todd Blackledges, as he says -- in this tackle class. Thorough stuff. Well worth your time to check out.

And:

i. Best new uniforms in the league this year: the all-red jobs of the Texans. Bob McNair should make them Houston's home unis.

valleytexfan
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
thanks for the props, King, but those "new" all-red unis were also used last year. But they are slick.

And wow at the appearance in the Fine 15...deserved, IMO.

imatexan
12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Sweet! Good reads, I like the props on the Red Unis.

JCTexan
12-16-2008, 12:06 AM
thanks for the props, King, but those "new" all-red unis were also used last year. But they are slick.

And wow at the appearance in the Fine 15...deserved, IMO.

I dunno if we're deserving of the top fifteen. We are ahead of both the Jets & Cardinals who both are leading their division.

mexican_texan
12-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I dunno if we're deserving of the top fifteen. We are ahead of both the Jets & Cardinals who both are leading their division.
And both have been struggling the past few weeks while we've gone 7-3 with 4 straight wins.

JCTexan
12-16-2008, 12:18 AM
And both have been struggling the past few weeks while we've gone 7-3 with 4 straight wins.

I don't doubt we'd beat either of them (especally Arizona), but I don't know if we would be deserving of being ahead of them considering they are likely going to be in the playoffs. A 7-7 team I don't think is deserving of being ahead of a 9-5 team. :twocents:

imatexan
12-16-2008, 12:24 AM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d5a10d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Andre/Mario going to be a lock.

Love for Steveeeeee

OD gets one vote..KB/Vonta gets nothing

From these guys at least.

imatexan
12-16-2008, 12:39 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/

More love Texans on homepage..cool picture also

Saying we will make playoffs next year.

WOO!!

euro-Texan
12-16-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't doubt we'd beat either of them (especally Arizona), but I don't know if we would be deserving of being ahead of them considering they are likely going to be in the playoffs. A 7-7 team I don't think is deserving of being ahead of a 9-5 team. :twocents:

Take it when you can get it. I'm sure for our first few winning seasons we will be ranked behind lesser teams with more winning history.

4Texans
12-16-2008, 10:15 PM
It's all good. Love us or hate us, they're talking about us..........:fans:

ChrisG
12-16-2008, 10:28 PM
best line:

"What? The Texans at No. 15 over the Jets and Cards, two division leaders? No question"