PDA

View Full Version : Cortland Finnegan is a punk

Mailman
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Not only did he pull consecutive cheapshots on Schaub and OD, but he made the top of my Most Hated Players list with this postgame quip:

(on the helmet-to-helmet penalty between him and Texans QB Matt Schaub) “If I did I was just giving him a quick, you know - kiss, welcoming him back to Houston you know from the Oilers. So that is about all that is.”

Okay, *******, it's one thing for you to cheapshot our players, but when you cheapshot us ex-HOUSTON OILERS fans with tacky comments like that, well--you can go ahead and **** right off.

False Start
12-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah hes a little b**ch. I liked Demeco's comment on Sports Sunday about "Smash & Dash", he called them "Smushed and Crushed." :heh:

GP
12-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Not only did he pull consecutive cheapshots on Schaub and OD, but he made the top of my Most Hated Players list with this postgame quip:

(on the helmet-to-helmet penalty between him and Texans QB Matt Schaub) “If I did I was just giving him a quick, you know - kiss, welcoming him back to Houston you know from the Oilers. So that is about all that is.”

Okay, *******, it's one thing for you to cheapshot our players, but when you cheapshot us ex-HOUSTON OILERS fans with tacky comments like that, well--you can go ahead and **** right off.

Agreed.

Carlton is a turd.

It's like the Titans players were unaware, all game, that the refs were looking for those sorts of questionable hits. And then they had the audacity to get mad about it. Doy!

It's about time the refs hammered the Titans on this stuff. I think a lot of their success this year is nothing more than the unsportsmanlike plays they dish out. They've gotten into the heads of other teams, especially the QBs.

DiehardChris
12-14-2008, 11:35 PM
How about "***** & Moan." Or "Whine & Cry?"

DiehardChris
12-14-2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/75d870a0-9c27-fbee-e6fd-1cb1816912a1-beta08_ab_host_hughley_01.jpg

+

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272007/photos/tv097a.jpg

=

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/Headshots/140x170/7964.jpg

GP
12-14-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/75d870a0-9c27-fbee-e6fd-1cb1816912a1-beta08_ab_host_hughley_01.jpg

+

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272007/photos/tv097a.jpg

=

http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/Headshots/140x170/7964.jpg

Wow. You are the man.

That's crazy scary how that might be the love child of Hughley and Kid (or was he Play? I digress...).

False Start
12-14-2008, 11:48 PM
That's crazy scary how that might be the love child of Hughley and Kid (or was he Play? I digress...).

I still don't know which one he was. Hell, I still haven't figured out who was Salt, and who was Peppa. :confused:idonno:

DiehardChris
12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
For the record - he's Kid. LOL

GP
12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
I still don't know which one he was. Hell, I still haven't figured out who was Salt, and who was Peppa. :confused:idonno:

Salt was the nice one. Peppa was the one with attitude. I think.

What the hell is happening here? Someone time-warp me out of 1992 please.

Goldensilence
12-15-2008, 12:01 AM

Hey Cortland you never have been or ever will be an oiler. You're a titan.

DiehardChris
12-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Torchland Burnedagain is a punk *****. That Oilers comment really hit the mark with me. He will now settle in under only Jared Allen as my most-hated NFL player.

Mailman
12-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey Cortland you never have been or ever will be an oiler. You're a titan.

Precisely. That mofo was still playing with his Transformers when the Houston Oilers were packing up for the move to Possum Holler. He has no idea what it meant to be a player or a fan of the Houston Oilers.

valleytexfan
12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
bitter f'n loser....:texflag:

imatexan
12-15-2008, 12:38 AM
I guess this is part of the titans "class act" organization.

False Start
12-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Salt was the nice one. Peppa was the one with attitude. I think.

What the hell is happening here? Someone time-warp me out of 1992 please.

Thanks for clearing that up. :cool:

Hook'er
12-15-2008, 03:59 AM
Torchland Burnedagain is a punk *****. That Oilers comment really hit the mark with me. He will now settle in under only Jared Allen as my most-hated NFL player.

You forgot Hanesworth!

Malloy
12-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Yeah hes a little b**ch. I liked Demeco's comment on Sports Sunday about "Smash & Dash", he called them "Smushed and Crushed." :heh:

lol, winnah!

TimeKiller
12-15-2008, 07:05 AM
"If I did..."

IF you did? PLEASE!! The only thing more stupid and flagrant was the shot on Daniels next!

Fined.

spurstexanstros
12-15-2008, 07:23 AM
"Who is Cortland Finnegan?" Andre Johnson, Reporter: "The guy covering you."
AJ" Who? I had 200 yards on 11 catches"

Mr teX
12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
i've never liked dude, well before yesterday's game i'd seen him take some cheap shots at AJ & other guys in many games prior to this. He's an over aggressive turd..I wish Bullock would've knocked his head off mid game again.

drewmar74
12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
"who is cortland finnegan?" andre johnson, reporter: "the guy covering you."
aj" who? I had 200 yards on 11 catches"

lmao!

Hervoyel
12-15-2008, 08:51 AM
That guy ceased to be important to me when the final gun sounded. I'm thinking I can't wait for the Oakland game and hope we take care of business there. 8-7 after that game and a season finale at home playing for a winning record is all I want for Christmas. The Texans can do this. THIS IS SPARTA!

BUT... I hope the Texans are taking notice of all the crap coming out of the Titans right now though. It will make next years game that much more interesting.

Texans34Life
12-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Here's more from the Tits piece of crap who still smells like toast after AJ posterized him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20081214034

"They weren’t doing that well, but it was their Super Bowl and credit them for being the good team today,” Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan said.

:mad::yap

Silver Oak
12-15-2008, 09:03 AM
if the helmet to helmet hit on Schaub doesn't earn him a serious fine and/or a suspension, I will be one irritated Texans fan. that hit was obviously made to injure and I hope the TExans send that video to the league along with a sternly worded letter.

I know there are some on here and around the league that say Schaub is "injury prone", but IMO, his injuries have come as a result of illegal/cheap shots.

Hardcore Texan
12-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I swear I don't know who are the bigger cry baby turds the tits or the jags, every time we beat them they cry all week about it. The other feel good story to come out of this are the tits might have lost homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.......like it matters, they will be one and done anyway. :cool:

steve110340
12-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Finnegan what a loser

toronto
12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
if the helmet to helmet hit on Schaub doesn't earn him a serious fine and/or a suspension, I will be one irritated Texans fan. that hit was obviously made to injure and I hope the TExans send that video to the league along with a sternly worded letter.

I know there are some on here and around the league that say Schaub is "injury prone", but IMO, his injuries have come as a result of illegal/cheap shots.

As bad as the head blow on Schaub was, the one that pissed me off was the spear on Daniels 2 plays later. As a Titans fan, watching that made me sick. I remember when Finnegan lost his cool in the Ravens game, Bulluck went nuts on him - I expect a similar reaction this week. I also expect Finny to be lighter 15K per hit. They were BS and unacceptable. Worse part is they prolonged a drive that led to points in a lowscoring game. The only thing he should have uttered in the post-game scrums was an apology to his team.

SheTexan
12-15-2008, 09:58 AM
The only thing he should have uttered in the post-game scrums was an apology to his team.

BS!!!!!! The only thing he should have uttered in the post-game scrums was an apology to Matt Schaub and Owen Daniels!!!!!! His team already knows what an A-H he is!!!!

Our boys put Hinnybutt in his place for mouthing off, they will NOT forget Finnegan!! Might have to wait until next year, but, we will NOT forget!!!!

toronto
12-15-2008, 10:00 AM
bs!!!!!! the only thing he should have uttered in the post-game scrums was an apology to matt schaub and owen daniels!!!!!! His team already knows what an a-h he is!!!!

our boys put hinnybutt in his place for mouthing off, they will not forget finnegan!! Might have to wait until next year, but, we will not forget!!!!

lol. K.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey Courtyard, scoreboard beyotch!!

We need to move on.... It's Raiders week.

Ole Miss Texan
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm having a really hard time ranking my 'most hated list' of nfl players and sure could use some help:

*jared allen
*albert haynesworth
*cortland finnegan

In my mind, those players don't even deserve to have their names capitalized.

DocBar
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I swear I don't know who are the bigger cry baby turds the tits or the jags, every time we beat them they cry all week about it. The other feel good story to come out of this are the tits might have lost homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.......like it matters, they will be one and done anyway. :cool: I would have to say the Jags cuz we haven't beaten the tacks enough to tell...let's see how they do after we sweep their butts next season.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm having a really hard time ranking my 'most hated list' of nfl players and sure could use some help:

*jared allen
*albert haynesworth
*cortland finnegan

Yes!

Mailman
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
I completely understand the anger focused on Finnegan for the cheapshots on the players, but my ire here is about Finnegan cracking on us as former Oilers fans. This punkassbitch has no identity as a Houston Oiler and is in no position to talk smack about our beloved Oilers abandoning us for a fake fanbase of toothless snake wranglers.

MannyFresh
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I completely understand the anger focused on Finnegan for the cheapshots on the players, but my ire here is about Finnegan cracking on us as former Oilers fans. This punkassbitch has no identity as a Houston Oiler and is in no position to talk smack about our beloved Oilers abandoning us for a fake fanbase of toothless snake wranglers.
Oh let em say what they want. Come next year Collins won't be like this next year, sun doesn't shine on a dog's ass all the time, and Baby Huey Vince will be same ole Baby Huey Vince. We beat them this time and will fo sho get em next time. And the next time. Ect....

Ole Miss Texan
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM

That was a weird quote. He never was an oiler... actually I don't think there are any players left in the league that were oilers (are there?). Plus Schaub isn't a long native houstonian. I get he's the QB and all but he's from the east coast! Maybe if VY was our QB or Carr was still the QB from being the first ever pick but this quote just shows Gilligan or Finnerman or whatever his name is.. is just a dumbarse.

I'm more worried about him trying to injure our players. The hit on Schaub was blatant helmet to helmet and trying to produce maximum force. The spear on Daniels was just that. Daniels was clearly down by contact. Instead of Fingerman just diving on top of OD or something... anything. You can still hit the player because it's hard to stop when your running but this little guy blatantly jumped in the air and speared him when OD was already down. That's the kind of hit that you can easily avoid giving.

HOU-TEX
12-15-2008, 10:27 AM
The hit on Schaub didn't bother me as much as the ridiculous play on OD. That wasn't just an illegal hit, it was bad football. They use better technique in Little League. Poor excuse for an NFL player.

BTW, I was very happy to see Schaub bounce up after each hit. I was impressed. Winston.......not so much.

gwallaia
12-15-2008, 10:28 AM
What kind of a ***** name is Cortland for a football player?

Ryan
12-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I thank him because he set up our game winning fg. Although he is a *****

RTP2110
12-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Here's more from the Tits piece of crap who still smells like toast after AJ posterized him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20081214034

"They weren’t doing that well, but it was their Super Bowl and credit them for being the good team today,” Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan said.

:mad::yap

So winning 3 in a row coming in counts as not doing well?? Moron.

New_Texans
12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't let him get to you. Ask Matt Schaub says, "Hes just a little guy..."

HOU-TEX
12-15-2008, 11:05 AM

LOL! I noticed that little gem that Schaub threw out there. That was awesome.

The toughness Schaub displayed yesterday was impressive to me. Unfortunately, it also surprised me a little which I hope he eventually puts those thoughts to rest.

DiehardChris
12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
That was a weird quote. He never was an oiler... actually I don't think there are any players left in the league that were oilers (are there?). Plus Schaub isn't a long native houstonian. I get he's the QB and all but he's from the east coast! Maybe if VY was our QB or Carr was still the QB from being the first ever pick but this quote just shows Gilligan or Finnerman or whatever his name is.. is just a dumbarse.

I'm more worried about him trying to injure our players. The hit on Schaub was blatant helmet to helmet and trying to produce maximum force. The spear on Daniels was just that. Daniels was clearly down by contact. Instead of Fingerman just diving on top of OD or something... anything. You can still hit the player because it's hard to stop when your running but this little guy blatantly jumped in the air and speared him when OD was already down. That's the kind of hit that you can easily avoid giving.

If I'm not mistaken, the final remaining ex-Oiler in the NFL is John Runyan of the Eagles.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 11:44 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the final remaining ex-Oiler in the NFL is John Runyan of the Eagles.

I beleive that's very true...

Vinny
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Finnegan was a 7th round draft pick from 2006.

mussop
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Yes hes the only one I can think of.

Shaft75
12-15-2008, 01:39 PM
During a field goal, I called Finnegan a fake-ass Irishman and the officials were cracking up. They huddled up after the field goal and were all laughing their arses off.

I also told the head official to kick his ass out of the game and he actually said they were close to doing that. He put up a little sign with his hands saying that they were inches away from it. Maybe they meant that the guy has a small weenie, I don't know???

Those officials were probably the best that I have ever interacted with.

Malloy
12-15-2008, 01:46 PM
During a field goal, I called Finnegan a fake-ass Irishman and the officials were cracking up. They huddled up after the field goal and were all laughing their arses off.

I also told the head official to kick his ass out of the game and he actually said they were close to doing that. He put up a little sign with his hands saying that they were inches away from it. Maybe they meant that the guy has a small weenie, I don't know???

Those officials were probably the best that I have ever interacted with.

hehe, cool stuff. Thanks for sharing :)

Wolf
12-16-2008, 01:16 AM
the quote about Finnegan saying "that was their superbowl" ... maybe so, but it could be YOUR home field advantage throughout the playoffs that y'all possibly could lose

I know he downplayed it, but the game wasn't like it was a game where the titans didn't need and rested their starters. Titans needed that game and so did the Texans .. and the good guys won

so sad, too bad

maybe a rivalry has actually started (besides it being the fans)

Wolf
12-16-2008, 01:19 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081214/capt.ba3495f349cd4096badad213df2c5000.titans_texan s_football_htt110.jpg

barrett
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM

Did you see the one from Kearse? this is him quoting Schaub talking to him after getting hit:
“He got up one time and was like, ‘Good job, freak. Good job 90.’ I was like, ‘I don’t want to hear any good job. I want the ball.’

face it, Schaub is a bad ass. don't forget what he said in the huddle that one game when we were down 14 to the fins...

Mr teX
12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't forget the devilish grin he gave the Green Bay defense right before he led the team down for the game winning FG....

Schaub is gully!

Buffi2
12-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Schaub is one nasty son of a gun while being ever so nice at the same time. I like it! He is going to be one fun QB to have around. :kingkong:

Señor Stan
12-16-2008, 10:24 AM
"Cortland Finnegan is a punk"

Sincerely,

The Pope is Catholic
and
Water is Wet

nero THE zero
12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
face it, Schaub is a bad ass. don't forget what he said in the huddle that one game when we were down 14 to the fins...
What?

Señor Stan
12-16-2008, 10:37 AM
What?

linkage (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6054907.html)

No matter where Texans quarterback Matt Schaub was on the field, he could hear the chants of “Sage, Sage, Sage.”

He knew the fans in the stands were calling for backup Sage Rosenfels to take over, and Schaub couldn’t blame them.

By the time the Texans’ second drive of the game was over, Schaub had thrown two interceptions and helped put the Texans in a 14-3 hole.

As the chants grew louder, Schaub jogged to the huddle, clapped and told his teammates, “We have (the Dolphins) right where we want them.”
It took the entire 60 minutes, but Schaub proved himself right. He also turned the boos to cheers when he scored the game-winning touchdown on a 3-yard draw up the middle, securing a 29-28 victory with seven seconds left.

DiehardChris
12-16-2008, 10:40 AM
My lasting memory of Schaub from this season is going to be that ANGRY spike of the ball into the wall after the game-winning Miami TD. There was so much pent-up frustration in that spike because of all the complete morons who had been chanting for Sage in the first quarter.

Gotta love the guy. Calling Torchland Burnedagain the Fake-Ass Irishman (LOL) a "little guy," and backing it up with performances like Sunday's and his 414 yards bomb on Green Bay.

Not only is this team coming into its own and developing a swagger - they're also starting to get an edge to them, and I LOVE that. We're going to need it as long as we have a nasty team like Tennessee in our division.

I don't remember what Schaub said in the Miami game either. What was it again, Barrett?

DiehardChris
12-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh, there it is. Thanks Stan!

nero THE zero
12-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Ah, taking a page out of the McCain playbook. At least it worked out with us.

DiehardChris
12-16-2008, 10:55 AM
ah, taking a page out of the mccain playbook. At least it worked out with us.

lol!

Goatcheese
12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
How can anybody not like Schaub? Dude is extra strength, concentrated WIN.

:fans:

DiehardChris
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
How can anybody not like Schaub? Dude is extra strength, concentrated WIN.

:fans:

You bet he is. Two game-winning drives (and one game-tying drive in Jax) in only 9 starts this season. That's a pretty fine percentage.

Silver Oak
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
this POS will probably go to the Pro Bowl based on his number of int's, but his peers and us Texans fans will know that AJ exposed him to be a second rate CB and nothing more.

Vinny
12-16-2008, 11:39 AM

hilarious

Mr teX
12-16-2008, 11:39 AM
You bet he is. Two game-winning drives (and one game-tying drive in Jax) in only 9 starts this season. That's a pretty fine percentage.

what makes it more impressive is that 2 out of 3 of his game winning drives this season have been against good teams with good defenses too....i think that says more than anything...