PDA

View Full Version : A couple of points

The Pencil Neck
12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
1. Deljuan Robinson was a BEAST today. That's the sort of play we need from our DT's.

2. I don't think it's possible to express in words the sheer admiration and love I have for Steve Slaton. He just keeps fighting. He never gives up. And he uses his head. That play last week to get out of bounds with 1 second and then that play today to go down in bounds was the mark of a player with a brain. Of course, I'd prefer he just dive down instead of take a knee because if you take a knee like that, you're going to get blasted.

Big Lou
12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
"2. I don't think it's possible to express in words the sheer admiration and love I have for Steve Slaton. He just keeps fighting."

I think I'm developing a man-crush on him!!!!!

Brando
12-14-2008, 05:28 PM
1. Deljuan Robinson was a BEAST today. That's the sort of play we need from our DT's.

2. I don't think it's possible to express in words the sheer admiration and love I have for Steve Slaton. He just keeps fighting. He never gives up. And he uses his head. That play last week to get out of bounds with 1 second and then that play today to go down in bounds was the mark of a player with a brain. Of course, I'd prefer he just dive down instead of take a knee because if you take a knee like that, you're going to get blasted.

Yes he is. He definitely was a key to our victory today. I would like to see him and Okoye on the interior line for a whole season.

Jackie Chiles
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Seriously, Deljuan=Tommie Harris today, who would have guessed it. We don't win this game without the plays he made, no doubt in my mind.

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I continue to be pleased by the hustle and complete lack of quit this team has shown. It would have been easy to put the season in the tank when sitting at 3-7. Unlike some other teams which seem to have just cashed it in, the Texans are now playing their best football ever.

Says a lot about the players and the coaching staff (*maybe* even Smith.)

Goldensilence
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM

NFL.com has Dejuan listed as 303lbs. That's not the cheeseburger gobbling DT I've seen people ask for on the line. Just makes me think again that the DTs on the team haven't been utilized properly

Either Richard Smith has been using his brain finally or someone else is game planning and calling.

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I continue to be pleased by the hustle and complete lack of quit this team has shown. It would have been easy to put the season in the tank when sitting at 3-7. Unlike some other teams which seem to have just cashed it in, the Texans are now playing their best football ever.

Says a lot about the players and the coaching staff (*maybe* even Smith.)

Each week our weakness going into the draft are getting smaller. I can'twait until e can daft the best player available and not worry about glaring needs.

Brandon420tx
12-14-2008, 05:45 PM
At least twice, Winston was seen dragging Slaton for extra yards.

My favorate was the time he had him in a bear hug

Maddict5
12-14-2008, 05:45 PM
winston had a poor game by his standards- we all know that

but check out the monster block he threw on the GW toss... knocked down 3! titans. that how you come back after struggling

Maddict5
12-14-2008, 05:46 PM

posted at the same time.. great minds eh?

i forgot that he did move the pile on some important plays too

edo783
12-14-2008, 09:21 PM

I know he got Slaton over for at least one 1st down and I think there was another.