PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Thread

kastofsna
12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Miami is now 9-5. the defense is terrible though, San Fran practically held a 2 to 1 time of possession advantage. they just couldn't be stopped. except when they got into the red zone. bizarre game to say the least. somehow Miami hasn't allowed a touchdown the last 3 games. pretty good considering the beatdown the Patriots handed them. Joey Porter ended the game with a sack on 4th down, that's 17.5 for the year now. pretty fun stat: Miami leads the league in turnover ratio, and hasn't had more than one turnover in ANY game this year, which is an NFL record. wow. that's the key to going from 1-15 to a winning record in one season folks

the Bucs looked pretty bad on offense, mainly due to Jeff Garcia being a late scratch.

JP Losman does everything he can to lose a game

the Colts and Lions played today in a matchup between the luckiest team in the league and the unluckiest. no shock who won that one

looks like Washington just ended their playoff hopes

Goldensilence
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Miami is now 9-5. the defense is terrible though, San Fran practically held a 2 to 1 time of possession advantage. they just couldn't be stopped. except when they got into the red zone. bizarre game to say the least. somehow Miami hasn't allowed a touchdown the last 3 games. pretty good considering the beatdown the Patriots handed them. Joey Porter ended the game with a sack on 4th down, that's 17.5 for the year now. pretty fun stat: Miami leads the league in turnover ratio, and hasn't had more than one turnover in ANY game this year, which is an NFL record. wow. that's the key to going from 1-15 to a winning record in one season folks

the Bucs looked pretty bad on offense, mainly due to Jeff Garcia being a late scratch.

JP Losman does everything he can to lose a game

the Colts and Lions played today in a matchup between the luckiest team in the league and the unluckiest. no shock who won that one

looks like Washington just ended their playoff hopes

Great turnaround by Miami. Competant QB can really make a difference and although Chad hasn't been a pro bowler he's been solid. Any word on how Henne is coming along in practice?

Have to put it out there Cedric Benson did it all in the Bengal's win today.

kastofsna
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Pennington has definitely been a Pro Bowler

Jackie Chiles
12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
San Fran seems to have gotten a huge boost from Singletary. They are the NFC version of the Texans, out of the playoffs but still kicking and biting. No more than 1 TO in a game you say? I can't even fathom what that would feel like, I really can't.

kastofsna
12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
yeah i never thought i'd see a Dolphins team do that either. it really is impressive to see how a team so sloppy and mismanaged last year can be so efficient at everything the next year. this team honestly isn't even THAT talented, they're just so well-coached they're winning games by just being smart. imagine when Miami actually gets some more decent free agents on defense and drafts well.

Txn_in_FL
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Pennington has definitely been a Pro Bowler

I can't wait to see them close out against the Jets. I've always thought Pennington was treated like crap in New York and would love to see him blow it up against the Jets.

kastofsna
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
really hoping Miami doesn't overlook KC next week. it won't be easy to go into Arrowhead and walk away with a win, especially with the way the offense has looked lately

on the turnovers:
The Dolphins had zero turnovers in their win over the 49ers. With just 10 turnovers lost this season, they have the fewest turnovers through a team's first 14 games in NFL history. The 2007 Patriots had 11 turnovers through 14 games.

mexican_texan
12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm not watching tonight's game. I'm never watching a Cowboys game again if I can help it. I'm sick of hearing about them so much.

kastofsna
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
you're not interested in hearing about the ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~dRaMa~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ between Romo and Whoever with a few minutes of game coverage?????

GuerillaBlack
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
The crowd just booed Terrell Owens when he came out. Hilarious.

mexican_texan
12-14-2008, 08:28 PM
you're not interested in hearing about the ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~dRaMa~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ between Romo and Whoever with a few minutes of game coverage?????
Maybe if Jessica Simpson was involved and wore very little clothing.