PDA

View Full Version : Good Job ...

Blazing Arrow
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Nice win ... AJ was unstoppable and we could not break your D.

Congrats.

stingray
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks.. I think your season hangs in the balance with haynesworth... I hope he's fine just because I don't like a team to get weaker by injuries, even though I can't stand the S.O.B.

Bulluck53
12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Yep. And you guys may have got your wish in injuring Haynesworth....

Ugly game but a win is a win... congrats

Specnatz
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Now I hate to say this but ................

Go Steelers.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Sign-Texan-Win.png

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Sign-TitansSuck.gif

The Pencil Neck
12-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Personally, man, I'm sorry about Haynesworth. I never like to see a player go down. Even him.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Showtime100
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Personally, man, I'm sorry about Haynesworth the P.O.S. I never like to see a player go down. Even him.

I'll second that with a small addition in bold.

imatexan
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank Blazingarrow..I would have done the same on your board in a L

ZX758
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Personally, man, I'm sorry about Haynesworth. I never like to see a player go down. Even him.

Third

mexican_texan
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Good luck not getting blown out by Pittsburgh. Not really, though. Hope they cream you. Toodles!

spurstexanstros
12-14-2008, 08:10 PM
the better team today won...If it hadnt been for Ike the Texans may have won the game early in the season. Tenn is a one trick pony with no passing attack. Cortland is a whiner and a second rate cb that depends on a good d-line. AJ abused him and schaub took all they could throw at him.

mmmm win is sweet and exposing the Titans as a fraud to the other afc playoff teams

ObsiWan
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Congrats.

Thanks.
....and way to be gracious in losing.

mattieuk
12-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Congrats.

Thanks man, and that stuff about our D is amazing to hear...couldn't have dreamt it a month and a bit ago...

:fans:

MeLoveTexans
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
as demeco said we turned smash and dash into smushed and crushed

GuerillaBlack
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM

Congrats.

Thanks.

Though personally, I hope you all get knocked the hell out against Pittsburgh. Especially with the comments Fisher, White, and looney toon friends made after the game.

DBCooper
12-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Now I hate to say this but ................

Go Steelers.

Why would you hate to say that? lol

SheTexan
12-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Exactly!!! I sure as hell don't hate saying it!!!

GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Brain dead Titans players don't even know what's at stake next week.

“Hopefully we’ll be up for the challenge and guys will come back from vacation,” linebacker Keith Bulluck said. “I think we were on vacation this week, knowing we got a bye and whatever other good stuff happened for us last week. But I know as a team we need to get our heads out of our (expletive) and come out and play football. Pittsburgh is playing for way more than us next week.” LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20081214034)

Bulluck may want to check the standings....they are playing for the exact same thing....the #1 seed.

The Titans players gave a lot of back handed compliments to Houston in that they had nothing really to play for. I think they're about to get a lesson in exactly what we cost them today. :D

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 12:36 PM

Congrats.

Thanks Arrow. At least you have the cajones to say that unlike your counterparts on Gotits.com that have found every excuse to make rather than accepting that the Texans won - fair and square.

Specnatz
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM

Exactly!!! I sure as hell don't hate saying it!!!

GOOOOO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The old days, not a Steelers fan but do not hate then either.

... but I hope that they beat the titans as bad as they beat the the Lions.

Shaft75
12-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Congrats.

Thanks.

Showtime100
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
The old days, not a Steelers fan but do not hate then either.

... but I hope that they beat the titans as bad as they beat the the Lions.

I'm on the same page with you old school. My hatred for the Steelers has diminished other the years, but watching the old films can get it going again. These days my hatred for the Teets have replaced them. I just don't like anything about them, let alone Bud.

So Go Steelers, though I feel funny uttering such nonsense.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Congrats.

Thanks.

Not so fast my friends..........

Sometimes, no matter how much you try to hide your true colors, they will eventually show through... Huh Arrow??

From GoTits.com

Originally Quoted by Blazing Arrow
At least we have a past to look at. Texans fan look to the past and just get a bitter taste in their mouths. Then ***** and moan about how they were robbed of their team and in the same breath bring up events like the Bills playoff loss. Until the Texans make the playoffs they will just be another lost cow looking to get back to the herd.

Hervoyel
12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Quoted by Blazing Arrow
At least we have a past to look at. Texans fan look to the past and just get a bitter taste in their mouths. Then ***** and moan about how they were robbed of their team and in the same breath bring up events like the Bills playoff loss. Until the Texans make the playoffs they will just be another lost cow looking to get back to the herd.

"A past to look at"? WTF?

Yeah, somebody elses past. Piece of shit Titan fan doesn't have anything he didn't luck into because a fat old greedy bastard decided to take an enormous dump on the people who made him sick-rich for 30 years. It's quotes like this that remind me that people like Blazing Anus are just trolls and threads like these are nothing more than their way of trying to keep it all down just enough notches to not get banned.

Go over to the Titans message board (the official one) and read all the crying and moaning about how Carolina has "stolen" their "Smash and Dash" nickname. It's rich coming from a bunch of fans who stole their whole damn team.

**** the damn Titans, **** their fans and **** their city. **** their fat ass owner and **** Blazing Anus.

I think I need to ban myself! Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?

Bulluck53
12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
:francis: Why get all worked up over something someone said on a message board? If you think its ignorant then leave it at that, let him be wrong.

Double Barrel
12-15-2008, 04:20 PM
At least we have a past to look at.

yeah, you do...

http://legacy.poynter.org/centerpiece/images/dyson.jpg

Bulluck53
12-15-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah, you do...

http://legacy.poynter.org/centerpiece/images/dyson.jpg

Best and worst day of my short life at the time... and I wouldn't trade that day for anything. Thanks for the memories!

Texecutioner
12-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Yeah, somebody elses past. Piece of shit Titan fan doesn't have anything he didn't luck into because a fat old greedy bastard decided to take an enormous dump on the people who made him sick-rich for 30 years. It's quotes like this that remind me that people like Blazing Anus are just trolls and threads like these are nothing more than their way of trying to keep it all down just enough notches to not get banned.

Go over to the Titans message board (the official one) and read all the crying and moaning about how Carolina has "stolen" their "Smash and Dash" nickname. It's rich coming from a bunch of fans who stole their whole damn team.

**** the damn Titans, **** their fans and **** their city. **** their fat ass owner and **** Blazing Anus.

Where do you come up with this stuff? The Titans fans didn't hijack a franchise or steal a team. Lol!

The Houstonians were given a vote on a new stadium and they knew that the alternative would be our football team leaving. We voted no, so Adams left. Part of the equation was the fault of the voters who didn't want to pony up for the new stadium. Bud Adams is and always will be a piece of garbage, but there was an ultimatum and Houstonians voted against keeping the team.

Hating the fans for accepting a team is stupid. If Houston didn't have a team and another team wanted to come here, then I'm sure Houstonians would have gladly accepted the team the same way that people in Nashville did.

your rant here doesn't make any sense man.

Hervoyel
12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Where do you come up with this stuff? The Titans fans didn't hijack a franchise or steal a team. Lol!

The Houstonians were given a vote on a new stadium and they knew that the alternative would be our football team leaving. We voted no, so Adams left. Part of the equation was the fault of the voters who didn't want to pony up for the new stadium. Bud Adams is and always will be a piece of garbage, but there was an ultimatum and Houstonians voted against keeping the team.

Hating the fans for accepting a team is stupid. If Houston didn't have a team and another team wanted to come here, then I'm sure Houstonians would have gladly accepted the team the same way that people in Nashville did.

your rant here doesn't make any sense man.

Nobody in Houston was given a vote on anything. You would know that if you had any idea what you were talking about where this is concerned. This article neatly sums up the event.

http://www.fee.org/publications/the-freeman/article.asp?aid=3344

People who were actually paying attention to all of this while it was happening will remember the words "exclusive right to negotiate" and scratch their heads and look at you funny when you tell them that they failed to vote for the "Build The Bud Dome" proposition. That's because there wasn't one.

RIF

Additionally I have no problem hating the city of Nashville for stepping in and spreading wide for Bud. I have no problem hating their fans who act like Houstonians were to blame for the Oilers departure and that the franchise was somehow deprived of affection and support until it lucked out and landed in Possum Holler. When Houston didn't have a team I would never have supported going out and trying to lure a franchise from another city here. I have no respect for anyone who would.

But mostly I hate their fans because they're frequently arrogant dicks well on their way to matching Cowboys fans egos (only without a trophy to wave in your face which makes them even more ridiculous)

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Nobody in Houston was given a vote on anything. You would know that if you had any idea what you were talking about where this is concerned. This article neatly sums up the event.

People who were actually paying attention to all of this while it was happening will remember the words "exclusive right to negotiate" and scratch their heads and look at you funny when you tell them that they failed to vote for the "Build The Bud Dome" proposition. That's because there wasn't one.

RIF

Yes....

Beleive it or not man, I have posted a link to that article before, myself.

Texecutioner
12-15-2008, 05:57 PM

RIF

You can't blame the fans for wanting a team. Houston fans would want a team as well if we didn't have one and another team wanted to come here.

I don't think that Blazing Arrow said or did anything disrespectful. He started a thread congratulating a win. What was wrong with that?

Hervoyel
12-15-2008, 06:02 PM
You can't blame the fans for wanting a team. Houston fans would want a team as well if we didn't have one and another team wanted to come here.

I don't think that Blazing Arrow said or did anything disrespectful. He started a thread congratulating a win. What was wrong with that?

What was wrong with that is that he didn't mean a word of it and at the same time was parked over at another board talking shit while pretending that his mouth was full of crow over here. Basically Titan fan was showing you what Titan fan is all about.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 06:02 PM

No issues with the congrats. Unfortunately it turned out to be very hollow. I posted a quote from GoTits.com where he showed his colors. Hervoyel expressed how he felt about that post..

We've been lucky to have some good Titans fans post here over the years. It just turns out that Arrow wasn't one of them.

Anway, long story short..... I don't like my exes let alone their husbands or BF's.....

imatexan
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
No But this fan did..

go have a drink, or several and drive home imatexan...and forget to wear your seatbelt

Fans over there are PATHETIC and have no class.

Why are they on F2F alliance?

GuerillaBlack
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/sparkley_dudette/clap.gif

Brilliant.

Shaft75
12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Guys just look at it this way...

We have a new BADASS stadium, with a owner that is deadset on doing whatever it takes to win, a glossy new logo, battle red duds, Andre Johnson and a bunch of other classy guys, hot ass cheerleaders, Toro(who, btw, loves to jump in the crowd) and the best fans in TX.

The Titans have a fat slob owner with a crappy hairpiece, light blue uni's, thumbtacks and flaming meatballs, a busted up Haynesworth, their '07 1st rounder riding the pine, a PUNK ***** fake-ass irishman Finnegan, and all of the inbreds in TN as fans, with a CRAPPY stadium(you got it Bud!)

Screw the Oilers/Titans...

We're the TEXANS:texflag:

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Guys just look at it this way...

We have a new BADASS stadium, with a owner that is deadset on doing whatever it takes to win, a glossy new logo, battle red duds, Andre Johnson and a bunch of other classy guys, hot ass cheerleaders, Toro(who, btw, loves to jump in the crowd) and the best fans in TX.

The Titans have a fat slob owner with a crappy hairpiece, light blue uni's, thumbtacks and flaming meatballs, a busted up Haynesworth, their '07 1st rounder riding the pine, a PUNK ***** fake-ass irishman Finnegan, and all of the inbreds in TN as fans, with a CRAPPY stadium(you got it Bud!)

We're the TEXANS:texflag:

+1. "a PUNK ***** fake-ass irishman Finnegan" :spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Not so fast my friends..........

Sometimes, no matter how much you try to hide your true colors, they will eventually show through... Huh Arrow??

From GoTits.com

How is what is said inaccurate?

I am sure all I would have to do is search Bud or maybe Dud and I would get a whole mess of threads "b*tching and moaning' about how the team is dead to whom ever and how the team was stolen from them and yada yada yada.

Seems pretty bitter and seems like a lot of complaining.

On more then one occasion on this board the Bills game has been thrown in my face as a huge choke job.

And until the Texans are able to prove they can have a winning season and make the playoffs the team will be marked and taunted about it. Not just by me but most you try to run smack on.

I love how you do not bring the first post of the thread into context of why I might have been aggressive on the smack talk. The first poster decided to come on our board after the game and makes his first post that we are "OH-ver RAY-ted" ... please run your mouth before the game don't come out like a coward after the fact [not Bill but the thread took itís life at that point].

Also you compared me to a Cowboy fan ... you should have known the response would be pointed.

You also forgot this final addition from me:
You got your congrats don't expect a reach around too.

Double Barrel
12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
How is what is said inaccurate?

In your mind, what you said in the Tits forum was accurate..."in your mind" being the key part of my statement.

Fine, no prob, it's a Titans fan doing what Titans fan do...but...

Congrats.

...it just makes the above congrats post all the more disingenuous.

Equating you to Cowboy fan was a bit below the belt. However, I think that comes from the letdown of reading this thread with sincerity, but then finding out that you were trash talking us at the same time in another forum. Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Of course, you know this is all fun and games of an inter-divisional rivalry with all the baggage of history, so I know you're thick-skinned enough to take it in stride. And that being said, I honestly and sincerely wish to tell you, during this holiday season, go Steelers. :shades:

Bulluck53
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Fine, no prob, it's a Titans fan doing what Titans fan do...

And what exactly would that be?

Double Barrel
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
And what exactly would that be?

Being mean to Texans fans. ;)

Bulluck53
12-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Ha its the food chain...

Blazing Arrow
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
...it just makes the above congrats post all the more disingenuous.

Equating you to Cowboy fan was a bit below the belt. However, I think that comes from the letdown of reading this thread with sincerity, but then finding out that you were trash talking us at the same time in another forum. Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Of course, you know this is all fun and games of an inter-divisional rivalry with all the baggage of history, so I know you're thick-skinned enough to take it in stride. And that being said, I honestly and sincerely wish to tell you, during this holiday season, go Steelers. :shades:

There was nothing insincere about what I said. I said cograts that is what I meant. You beat us fairly and I have nothing to point to to say that a missed call or bad set of circumstances caused us to lose the game. AJ tore us apart and your D held Collins in check the entire game.

That said the Oilers were my team and so are the Titans. In no way do I think the Titans are overrated and the entire thread was thrown up by a troll who should be banned. Hey your guys that came over and made it a great week of smack were more then accepted and at one point I even asked for the group to lay off the neg repping because that is what the smack forum is for. The comments were getting a little brazen in the smack threads so it was time to throw down a glove.

I hope you threw up in a trash can typing that last line. What are you sporting an Elway jersey now too?

titanbuoy
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey congratulations on the big win guys. To be continued next year :) Good luck on winning out the season.

WWJD
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;1077554]

Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Glad you qualified yourself there DB! You just about hurt my feelings! HA!:)

imatexan
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;1077554]

Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Glad you qualified yourself there DB! You just about hurt my feelings! HA!:)

Tacks fans are a little worse I think..although when I was walking up the aisle after we beat the titans sunday a cowboys fan was sitting wearing his cowboy gear and started yelling at me(not sure why me?)about if I want to watch a real game, then watch the Cowboys play tonight. I started yelling back at him that he just saw a "real" game by beating the best team in the league and to get of our stadium, etc...

WWJD
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=WWJD;1077604]

Tacks fans are a little worse I think..although when I was walking up the ramps after we best the titans sunday a cowboys fan was sitting wearing his cowboy gear and started yelling at me(not sure why me?)about if I want to watch a real game, then watch the Cowboys play tonight. I started yelling back at him that he just saw a "real" game by beating the best team in the league and to get of our stadium, etc...

I don't identify much with today's NFL fan I guess...when I was going to games just a few short years ago people were polite and respectable and you could actually go to a game without being harrassed and yelled at for wearing whatever gear you want.

Times have changed!

StarStruck
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE=imatexan;1077605]

I don't identify much with today's NFL fan I guess...when I was going to games just a few short years ago people were polite and respectable and you could actually go to a game without being harrassed and yelled at for wearing whatever gear you want.

Times have changed!

Times haven't really changed for most. It just appears that the one fan that comes off as obnoxious gets publicity as though as though he/she was the entire fan base.

I had an unpleasant experience with a Titan fan on yesterday because after finishing his beer, instead of placing the bottle upright underneath his seat, he turned it over on an empty tray underneath my seat. Needless to say, the bottle wasn't empty nor the next one that he put down. When I looked down there was beer underneath my purse, on my pants hem and a colossal mess in my seating area. While trying to use tissue to absorb some of the mess, I missed the field goal that Brown missed, and when I turned around I couldn't believe what happened. I certainly didn't do or say anything to provoke the behavior, and never turned around when he and his friend were actively engaged in smack talk the first three quarters of the game. IMO, he was represented no one but himself.

Shaft75
12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=WWJD;1077697]

Times haven't really changed for most. It just appears that the one fan that comes off as obnoxious gets publicity as though as though he/she was the entire fan base.

I had an unpleasant experience with a Titan fan on yesterday because after finishing his beer, instead of placing the bottle upright underneath his seat, he turned it over on an empty tray underneath my seat. Needless to say, the bottle wasn't empty nor the next one that he put down. When I looked down there was beer underneath my purse, on my pants hem and a colossal mess in my seating area. While trying to use tissue to absorb some of the mess, I missed the field goal that Brown missed, and when I turned around I couldn't believe what happened. I certainly didn't do or say anything to provoke the behavior, and never turned around when he and his friend were actively engaged in smack talk the first three quarters of the game. IMO, he was represented no one but himself.

I agree.

I am not too much of a men's private part to opposing fans that sit beside me. I just kind of ignore them and provide a little small talk mixed with some smack.

If they get out of line however, they get an accidental elbow the next time we make a huge play or especially on a field goal. Nobody comes into our endzone and get out of line.

BTW, the Saints fans were the worst.

Right, TexanBill???

Texan_Bill
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=StarStruck;1077769]

I agree.

I am not too much of a men's private part to opposing fans that sit beside me. I just kind of ignore them and provide a little small talk mixed with some smack.

If they get out of line however, they get an accidental elbow the next time we make a huge play or especially on a field goal. Nobody comes into our endzone and get out of line.

BTW, the Saints fans were the worst.

Right, TexanBill???

Shaft = Likes to fight guy. :jk:

I hate 'em all, but yes, Saint fan sucks too.

Double Barrel
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I hope you threw up in a trash can typing that last line. What are you sporting an Elway jersey now too?

heh, even my 6 yo son knows there is one time that it's o.k. to root for the Dallas Cowboys...

...when they play the Titans!! :cowboy1:

I don't know what Elway has to do with it, though. That was kinda' left field there, Skippy.

I see that sarcasm comprehension is still something that is a work in progress for you...

As far as the Steelers are concerned; Do you honestly think that two AFC Championship losses three decades ago is somehow more relevant today than your slimeball owner destroying the legacy of the Houston Oilers? You can gasp for air all you want as you try to choke down "it's the same franchise", but you know as well as we do that the Titans are celebrating a 10 year anniversary, so they don't even embrace the Oilers past unless it can make the fat slug some money.

I'd venture a guess that your attitude originates from the realization that last Sunday was a sign of things to come. At some point, your no. 1 pick will inherit his kingdom...after all, Slug Adams makes some of your franchise's football decisions, and in his own words...

Titans owner Bud Adams told the Tennessean that he's in no way disappointed with quarterback Vince Young's progress, even though Young has appeared in only two games this season. Adams said he has no intention of releasing Young before his contract expires after the 2011 season.

Source (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/15/SPUQ14O4F9.DTL)

lol:

DBCooper
12-19-2008, 01:05 AM

These 2 don't go together..........

loved the Oilers, hate the Titans.

Ckw
12-19-2008, 04:54 AM

Congrats.

It's too bad your players can't be as gracious. Oh well, are the more motivation for dominating you guys next season. :fans:

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 09:05 AM
It's too bad your players can't be as gracious. Oh well, are the more motivation for dominating you guys next season. :fans:

Don't give Arrow any consideration for being gracious. Captain Rainbow has more faces than Jim Carrey.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Don't give Arrow any consideration for being gracious. Captain Rainbow has more faces than Jim Carrey.

Blah blah blah ... you act like I should be a Texans fans now because you put up 13 on us.

I'll make this easy on you William ...

You won

I said congrats and you played a good game.

Nothing more nothing less. I am not going to talk shit about your team all week then get beat and hide on another board. Not my style.

BTW the rainbow things was very clever :rolleyes: .... you cow humping red neck. See how easy it is to just make blatant stereo types based on the state one lives in?

It does not change the fact that your team is only 7 years old and really has no past to look at and it does not give you a winning season or even a winning record in division. At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Blah blah blah ... you act like I should be a Texans fans now because you put up 13 on us.

You won

Nothing more nothing less. I am not going to talk shit about your team all week then get beat and hide on another board. Not my style.

BTW the rainbow things was very clever :rolleyes: .... you cow humping red neck. See how easy it is to just make blatant stereo types based on the state one lives in?

It does not change the fact that your team is only 7 years old and really has no past to look at and it does not give you a winning season or even a winning record in division. At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.

I wasn't referring to the congrats here, I was referring to your two faced post on gotitans.com which I posted here for everyone to see.

Double Barrel
12-19-2008, 01:41 PM
At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.

Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.

Specnatz
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM

You won

Actually it is called Cow Tipping but maybe in your tinker bell area they do it differently.

Titans lose nothing? Except respect, with the sissy ass comments after the game and oh and very possibly homefield advantage through out the playoffs.

powerfuldragon
12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
who cares what a tacks fan thinks about our team...

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I wasn't referring to the congrats here, I was referring to your two faced post on gotitans.com which I posted here for everyone to see.

Lets break that one down too since you seem so butt hurt over it.

So the thread is started by hpfDave (Dave Sabo dave@houstonprofootball.com). For his first post on our board he comes on AFTER the game and post this gem:

OH-ver RAY-ted!!!!

clap clap clapclap

OH-ver RAY-ted!!!!

clap clap clapclap

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=44157

I'll take the time to actually link to the thread since you forgot that one.

My response:

Your first post is this? Go troll some where else. If you were man enough to show up prior to the game maybe I would have respect for you. Instead you come on our board climbing out from your banky to spew this?

You decide to chime in:

Titans fans (with a couple of exceptions) remind me of Cowboys fans... Living in the past.

Which I responded with:

You comment on us living in the past; I point out you have none. I see nothing two faced at all about that. It is the truth. Every sentence in my response is accurate and on point of where the Texans franchise and a large portion of the fan base is. Still not over a team that left 10 years ago, still not a playoff team, still not a division winner. Its time to move on and think about the future of YOUR franchise not one that is 10 years out. If the Titans/Oilers are such a losing organization with nothing of quality why do you care? If someone stole your Pinto would you still be bitching and moaning about it 10 years later?

GuerillaBlack
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.

And I can't wait for your last paragraph to happen. Hope it all goes downhill for the Titans.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Lets break that one down too since you seem so butt hurt over it.

So the thread is started by hpfDave (Dave Sabo dave@houstonprofootball.com). For his first post on our board he comes on AFTER the game and post this gem:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=44157

I'll take the time to actually link to the thread since you forgot that one.

My response:

You decide to chime in:

Which I responded with:

You comment on us living in the past; I point out you have none. I see nothing two faced at all about that. It is the truth. Every sentence in my response is accurate and on point of where the Texans franchise and a large portion of the fan base is. Still not over a team that left 10 years ago, still not a playoff team, still not a division winner. Its time to move on and think about the future of YOUR franchise not one that is 10 years out. If the Titans/Oilers are such a losing organization with nothing of quality why do you care? If someone stole your Pinto would you still be bitching and moaning about it 10 years later?

Hey genuis, any idea who I was referring to whenever I said (with a couple of exceptions)? You, Childress, Bipolar and maybe a couple of others.

It was directed at some those folks who obviously took the short bus to school, like the guy that defended the Titans loss, by saying the Steelers had already won... :ok: Even though I knew Dave Sabo was just teasing, notice I didn't really defend or agree with him. Then you came back with that blast. When I posted your blast here, people took realized that you weren't sincere with your congrats.

Anyway, I'm done.

Specnatz
12-19-2008, 02:40 PM
But the titans are Overrated, so what is the big deal?

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM

The Texans certainly are not. No one even talk about them. :whip:

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 02:45 PM

I know that... I just thought it was in bad form from Dave, that's why I didnt address his initial post. I believe in the 24 hour rule.

HOU-TEX
12-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Quoted for.....F-ckin A Tweety!!

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM

You know you just dated yourself with that, right??

HOU-TEX
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
You know you just dated yourself with that, right??

:spit: How long ago?

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
:spit: How long ago?

I don't know. My OLDER sister used to say that. :whistle:

HOU-TEX
12-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't know. My OLDER sister used to say that. :whistle:

Ah, come on, Man. It ain't that old. Then again, I had 3 older brothers. Plus, you're older than I am, Geezer.

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 02:52 PM

I still think we beet the Squeelers this weekend without AH and KVB.

AH likes to take time off. Until the last couple of seasons he was averaging missing 3 games a season and half the time a phantom injury would occure and he would disappear for multiple plays only to come back.

The most important game of our season is on Sunday. That will be the tell tail sign if we are limping around or true contenders. That will be all of the emotion and momentum that we need for the playoffs.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Ah, come on, Man. It ain't that old. Then again, I had 3 older brothers. Plus, you're older than I am, Geezer.

That's MISTER Geezer to you young whippersnappers...

HOU-TEX
12-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I still think we beet the Squeelers this weekend without AH and KVB.

AH likes to take time off. Until the last couple of seasons he was averaging missing 3 games a season and half the time a phantom injury would occure and he would disappear for multiple plays only to come back.

The most important game of our season is on Sunday. That will be the tell tail sign if we are limping around or true contenders. That will be all of the emotion and momentum that we need for the playoffs.

The last time I checked it was equally important to the Steelers. Honestly, without Fat Al and VandenBotsch, I think the Steelers win easily. If you couldn't run alot against us you're damn sure not going to run against them.

Specnatz
12-19-2008, 03:08 PM

OK that was hilarious. :spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-19-2008, 06:25 PM
The last time I checked it was equally important to the Steelers. Honestly, without Fat Al and VandenBotsch, I think the Steelers win easily. If you couldn't run alot against us you're damn sure not going to run against them.

One of our backup DT is also suspended until the end of the season for the substance abuse violation. That masking drug thing. He did not fight it so he could play in the playoffs. The depth on the line is my largest concern at this point.

devo-x
12-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Steelers > Titans

Texans could have scored 16 points during last week's game with the inevitable :fieldgoal:

Blazing Arrow
12-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Steelers > Titans

Texans could have scored 16 points during last week's game with the inevitable :fieldgoal:

Coulda, woulda, shouda ...

If Collins hits Crumpler wide open instead of hog tieing him he would have had a 40 yard dash with a 5+ yard gap to the endzone. That wins the game. If Collins had not been off all game and just out throwing WR with absolutly no pressure on him we crush you.

But that is just a woulda shoulda ... just like your 16 point nonsence ...

Blazing Arrow
12-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Steelers > Titans

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/dounkin/steelerssuck_comsteelersfans.jpg

GuerillaBlack
12-20-2008, 03:32 AM

If Collins hits Crumpler wide open instead of hog tieing him he would have had a 40 yard dash with a 5+ yard gap to the endzone. That wins the game. If Collins had not been off all game and just out throwing WR with absolutly no pressure on him we crush you.

But that is just a woulda shoulda ... just like your 16 point nonsence ...

Don't act like the only person off all day was Collins. The Texans should have stomped the Titans with the way you all were playing, but we weren't nearly playing our best, either.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/dounkin/steelerssuck_comsteelersfans.jpg

You know, people in Tennessee have no room to talk.

DBCooper
12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd take a Steelers fan over a possum fan anyday.

Double Barrel
12-20-2008, 01:26 PM

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't hit his butt every time he jumps.

If my aunt had nuts, she'd be my uncle.

We can play the if game all day long, but the fact remains that your 12-1 team lost to the Houston Texans.

Saying "if Collins was a better QB" is kind of silly. He is what he is...

Kind of amusing to see you acting towards the Steelers in the same way that you try to call out Texans fans for acting towards the Tits.

Let's see, you say that we can't generalize a fanbase, but then you post the above picture.

You say that Texans fans have no right to call out the Titans because of our short history, yet you want to call out one of the most successful franchises in NFL history (5 Super Bowl trophies to your franchise's zero).

I'd say that your envy has gotten the best of you and you have fallen trap to the hypocrisy that you purport to fight. Hey, I know that you're only human and it happens, but I think this game concerns you a lot more than you let on. If you lose to the Steelers and they end up with homefield advantage, the road goes through Pittsburgh. And your franchise's history indicates that is not a road you wish to travel.

Hervoyel
12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
The Steelers are going to destroy the Titans on Sunday. There's no chance of any other possible outcome. After running up 12 wins Tennessee is going to stumble backwards in to the playoffs and exit after one game. This is going to be kind of a backwards cockeyed version of the Oilers 1993 season. Being hot at the wrong time of year is a recipe for disaster.

Eat up possum fans.

Bulluck53
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
We may lose, but the way the playoffs are shaping up the two seed may still result in a home AFC Championship for us.

Specnatz
12-21-2008, 03:21 AM
We may lose, but the way the playoffs are shaping up the two seed may still result in a home AFC Championship for us.

:spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
The Steelers are going to destroy the Titans on Sunday. There's no chance of any other possible outcome. After running up 12 wins Tennessee is going to stumble backwards in to the playoffs and exit after one game. This is going to be kind of a backwards cockeyed version of the Oilers 1993 season. Being hot at the wrong time of year is a recipe for disaster.

Eat up possum fans.

Man you were spot on. Which analyst position are you going to take, NFLN or ESPN?

In case you were not aware:

AFC Conferense Winners

Goldensilence
12-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Man you were spot on. Which analyst position are you going to take, NFLN or ESPN.

AFC Champions

Not yet. They locked up the #1 seed. To be AFC champions they have to win the AFC championship game.

Goldensilence
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Man you were spot on. Which analyst position are you going to take, NFLN or ESPN?

AFC Conferense Winners

Oh that is beautiful. :spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh that is beautiful. :spit:

I was forcasting :shades:

Goldensilence
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I was forcasting :shades:

Do forecasts include spellcheck?

Blazing Arrow
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Do forecasts include spellcheck?

Not after 6 or 7 beers :splits:

Bulluck53
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
:spit:

ChildressTitanMan
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Being hot at the wrong time of year is a recipe for disaster.

Eat up possum fans.

or a .500 season.

Nice job there buddy

Blazing Arrow
12-21-2008, 06:16 PM
or a .500 season.

Nice job there buddy

With how the Faiders game is going I am not so sure that will happen ....

toronto
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM

Eat up possum fans.

Ahem..... :bat:

In a sense, we have the Texans game to thank for this. I truly think that game was a necessary wake up call for the Titans. They realized they actually had to play good football, which they finally did for the first time in weeks IMO.