PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Karma Fat albert

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
classless indeed. my emotions got the best of m after his history.

Mr teX
12-14-2008, 03:21 PM
You don't ever want to see a guy get hurt but that was EXACTLY what i thought when i saw him go down. No matter how good u are, sometimes it's just better if you keep your mouth shut.

stingray
12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Ahhhhhhh Hahahahahaha.... I hope this helps his contract talks. hahahaha

This a Busch League Post.

gg no re
12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Jackie Chiles
12-14-2008, 03:25 PM
If you watched the interviews and such on the team site and chronicle site he actually looked friendly. He gave the Texans a lot of credit and I could see how maybe some of his past quotes might have been taken a little out of context. I don't like all the hits he puts on Matt but if he was a Texan I would be a fan. Hopefully his season isn't finished.

J-Russ
12-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Same as OP. Feeling bad about this post.

Not going to wish Albert a quick recovery though.

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
This is a Busch League post.

Sorry, you are right. My emotions got the best of me. I think that if any player had an injury coming though, it's one his has directed his game at injuring others.

stingray
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry, you are right. My emotions got the best of me. I think that if any player had an injury coming though, it's one his has directed his game at injuring others.

I hear ya, but I hate cheering for a guy to get hurt, it justs seems wrong.

headsplint
12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm not necessarily cheering, but karma is a mother ****er.

valleytexfan
12-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Agreed...let's be our normally-classy Texans fans selves....

mussop
12-14-2008, 03:38 PM

What a bunch of horse sh!t! He doesnt purposely injury players.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I wish you would get carpol tunnel syndrome and couldnt post stupid comments here anymore.

I cheered. Honest to God, I cheered.

I don't care if Titans fan come here and say I'm classless or whatever, I ****ing cheered and laugh at that fat bastard. No remorse whatsoever. Every time I have a feeling of a remorse come up, I think instantly of the Gurode incident. Fat bastard got what he deserves.

R.I.P Titan's Playoffs 08-09. Enjoy the draft suckers.

Im not a Titans fan but I think you are classless. In fact you are the lucky recipient of my first given negative rep. ENJOY!!!!

Ckw
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm not necessarily cheering, but karma is a mother ****er.

This sums it up. I have to admit, I kind of cheered as well. Did I kind of feel bad about cheering? Yes, because I never want to wish injury on ANYONE. But injuries are a part of football and if anyone was due for a wake up call screaming, "You aren't invincible so shut your mouth!" it would be Fat Albert.

Besides, he has made much of his career on dirty hits and trying to injure guys.

ReliantTexan
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I hear ya, but I hate cheering for a guy to get hurt, it justs seems wrong.I didn't cheer when it happened, but I didn't feel bad for him either.

sometexansfan
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I didn't cheer when it happened, but I didn't feel bad for him either.

Yep, same here.

TheIronDuke
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM

REALLY???

http://archive.profootballtalk.com/HaynesworthStomp.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04WC6RXbGJcdr/340x.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/ap/d8fa02d0-f68f-4422-b89a-f6f024293aa3.widec.jpg

Hookem Horns
12-14-2008, 03:47 PM
I didn't cheer when it happened, but I didn't feel bad for him either.

I didn't cheer either however ... nevermind

Big Lou
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't like to see any player get hurt (except maybe Jared Allen) but with Fat Albert getting taken out by the Texans maybe Matt should start saying that Haynesworth is scared of the Texans in the week leading up to the game next year!!!!!!

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't like to see any player get hurt (except maybe Jared Allen) but with Fat Albert getting taken out by the Texans maybe Matt should start saying that Haynesworth is scared of the Texans in the week leading up to the game next year!!!!!!

When our QB starts smack talking the Tack's D then.... wel that will just never happen.

huckdabuck
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
really???

http://archive.profootballtalk.com/haynesworthstomp.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04wc6rxbgjcdr/340x.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/ap/d8fa02d0-f68f-4422-b89a-f6f024293aa3.widec.jpg

ouchie!

HoustonFrog
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Here is the deal, cheering for his injury doesn't make you any different than him. Show some class. It is just immature and classless. Let Haynesworth deal with his own karma and actions. I'd rather take a W and leave it at that. Cheering for it makes it seem like he actually is getting to you. Its bushleague

Ckw
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Here is the deal, cheering for his injury doesn't make you any different than him. Show some class. It is just immature and classless. Let Haynesworth deal with his own karma and actions. I'd rather take a W and leave it at that. Cheering for it makes it seem like he actually is getting to you. Its bushleague

He is getting to the team when he has given cheap shot after cheap shot to Schaub, talks crap constantly, and purposefully wants to injure other players just to prove how big of a bad ass he thinks he is. Sorry but this is football and some guys just have it coming to them.

I mean some of you same guys that are condemning those that weren't saddened by Haynseworth's fall were probably the ones calling for our lineman to clip his knees out. I find it worse to personally try to injure someone than it is to be a little happy when someone gets what they deserve.

CloakNNNdagger
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Cheering for an injury diminishes all of "us".............and changes nothing.

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I'd have to echo what some others have said. I don't *want* to see anyone get hurt -- not Haynesworth, not even Jared Allen -- but IF it happens, I will be thinking "that's karma." I don't cheer for it, but a sense of "what comes around, goes around" is definitely in the air.

TexansLucky13
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM
He is getting to the team when he has given cheap shot after cheap shot to Schaub, talks crap constantly, and purposefully wants to injure other players just to prove how big of a bad ass he thinks he is. Sorry but this is football and some guys just have it coming to them.

Yep, I agree with this. Football is a rough sport and people get hurt all the time. Are you going straight to hell if you smiled a little when Albert's leg got twisted? No. I didn't wish injury upon him, but somehow it just felt like justice.

CloakNNNdagger
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Just announced he haynesworth has severe MCL "strain".........I doubt that he returns this season. The injury will be probably characterized to more significant with MRI.

TD
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Cheering for an injury diminishes all of "us".............and changes nothing.

I put that right there with my dad's "this hurts me more than you"...... Bull****!! The guy is getting what he deserves and I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

Specnatz
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM

The hell it doesn't.

I laughed at plaxicodumbass for shooting himself, and was glad no one else was hurt. I would not go around shooting all the idiots in the world.

Hervoyel
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm good with it (Haynesworth getting injured) because it happens and Haynesworth is more than happy to cross the line to get inside a QB's head. He delivers late hits with pretty consistent regularity so maybe somebody came down hard on his knee on purpose or maybe it was just karma. Either way it happens and I couldn't care less.

If he misses major time then maybe it costs the Titans a playoff game with Haynesworth out and KVB dinged up. That's something I want to see too because I never want to see Bud Adams holding a Lombardi Trophy. I want him to die regretting that he never got to do that so if Haynesworth being out for some games when the Titans need him most helps that happen then I'm a happy man. As long as it's "Bud winning a title" threatening and not "Career threatening" all is fine.

Ckw
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Yep, I agree with this. Football is a rough sport and people get hurt all the time. Are you going straight to hell if you smiled a little when Albert's leg got twisted? No. I didn't wish injury upon him, but somehow it just felt like justice.

I'm good with it (Haynesworth getting injured) because it happens and Haynesworth is more than happy to cross the line to get inside a QB's head. He delivers late hits with pretty consistent regularity so maybe somebody came down hard on his knee on purpose or maybe it was just karma. Either way it happens and I couldn't care less.

If he misses major time then maybe it costs the Titans a playoff game with Haynesworth out and KVB dinged up. That's something I want to see too because I never want to see Bud Adams holding a Lombardi Trophy. I want him to die regretting that he never got to do that so if Haynesworth being out for some games when the Titans need him most helps that happen then I'm a happy man. As long as it's "Bud winning a title" threatening and not "Career threatening" all is fine.

You guys "get it". Rep.

Oh but I have to spread rep around before giving it to you TL13.

CloakNNNdagger
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I put that right there with my dad's "this hurts me more than you"...... Bull****!! The guy is getting what he deserves and I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

I guess you've never been a father, or you'd appreciate the significance of that statement.

Norg
12-14-2008, 06:01 PM
thats why u rest u players we u have 2

say to yourself by half time hey this is a physical game and this team is going all out but that does not me we need to grind it out when we got Pitts next week

HoustonFrog
12-14-2008, 06:06 PM

I mean some of you same guys that are condemning those that weren't saddened by Haynseworth's fall were probably the ones calling for our lineman to clip his knees out. I find it worse to personally try to injure someone than it is to be a little happy when someone gets what they deserve.

What are you talking about?I've never called for anyone to to do anything to anyone and think trying to injure or wishing injury is classless and bushleague. Some of you can sit here and try and spin it all you want but karma goes both ways and you do know that by wishing bad karma on someone or wishing for bad..that the karma then comes back on you. You are doing the same thing he did. Smarten up. Again, it is bushleague no matter how you spin it. I don't care if the guy talks every game about hurting someone, the best revenge is a win and just letting it go.

Again, this is just my opinion, so what you want but in my book this trash talking is no better than his.

I'll put it this way..as a Cowboy Fan that cheers here too..the only way to make myself different from some of the Cowboy fans that some here claim to encounter is to act with knowledge and class and to be respectful. It goes the same way when you are trying to be different than Titan fan or guys like Haynesworth.

CloakNNNdagger
12-14-2008, 06:32 PM
What are you talking about?I've never called for anyone to to do anything to anyone and think trying to injure or wishing injury is classless and bushleague. Some of you can sit here and try and spin it all you want but karma goes both ways and you do know that by wishing bad karma on someone or wishing for bad..that the karma then comes back on you. You are doing the same thing he did. Smarten up. Again, it is bushleague no matter how you spin it. I don't care if the guy talks every game about hurting someone, the best revenge is a win and just letting it go.

Again, this is just my opinion, so what you want but in my book this trash talking is no better than his.

I'll put it this way..as a Cowboy Fan that cheers here too..the only way to make myself different from some of the Cowboy fans that some here claim to encounter is to act with knowledge and class and to be respectful. It goes the same way when you are trying to be different than Titan fan or guys like Haynesworth.

Must spread the rep.:tiphat:

spurstexanstros
12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Was it the lineman falling on him that did it or was it weakend by the ding dongs and ho-hos fat albert eats daily...thats got to put alot of stress on the knees.

mattieuk
12-14-2008, 07:19 PM
It's never a good thing to see a player get injured, regardless of who it is and what he has done. For his cheap shots, Haynesworth was in the hands of the league for diciplining, and obviously it would never be for a player (especially a player from our team) to single him out for retribution...in my years of watching the Texans and participating in this community, it has never struck me as something that was a common feeling amongst fans here.

That said, this is football. It was an accident, like what screwed up D-Rob last year and resulted in a horrible injruy. I didn't cheer, and won't take any pleasure from him being injured, but its part of football that men go down sometimes, although it should also be a part of football that people show respect and class when someone goes down that you don't cheer their injury, despite the fact he is know(especially to us) as a dirty bastard on the field.

toronto
12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
All due respect, some of the posts here suck ass.

And all seriousness, Finnegan today was a bigger goon/cheap shot artist in this one game than Al has been towards the Texans period.

Hardcore Texan
12-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Okay...so what is "bushleague" mean? I think I might know, but have never heard that before.

dc_txtech
12-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Okay...so what is "bushleague" mean? I think I might know, but have never heard that before.

Amateur or unprofessional.

You barbecue on a gas grill? That's Bush league.

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I dont know about the rep system

Here's one for you

I think we will play in the Super Bowl before Bottom Line Bud does.

Can you say KARMA

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Alex Gibbs knows about retribution

Exhibit A Allen hurts Schaub's knee Allen's shoulder iis separated.

Fat Albert takes a cheap shot on Schaub today & gets his MCL taken out.

Let the word spread through out the NFL if you take a cheap shot @ Shaub there's going to be a price to be paid.

Thanks Alex you are doing a great job ( Slaton, D. Brown).

mattieuk
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Alex Gibbs knows about retribution

Exhibit A Allen hurts Schaub's knee Allen's shoulder iis separated.

Fat Albert takes a cheap shot on Schaub today & gets his MCL taken out.

Let the word spread through out the NFL if you take a cheap shot @ Shaub there's going to be a price to be paid.

Thanks Alex you are doing a great job ( Slaton, D. Brown).

What the hell? Are you saying that in some way, we're dishing out retribution, and Gibbs is behind it?

Albert got trapped under a pile, there wasn't some grand scheme that you can charge Gibbs with that he dished out payback on him for his dirty play?

We haven't 'got one back' on anyone for cheap shots, and Gibbs has had nothing to do with that anyway, a new Zone Blocking system does not also have the capacity to injure opposing players who have done ill to our players.

The only thing Gibbs has done is spearheaded our running game's resurgence this year, and made the ground game one of the things we can be proud of in this team.

TEXANRED
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM

I wish you would get carpol tunnel syndrome and couldnt post stupid comments here anymore.

Im not a Titans fan but I think you are classless. In fact you are the lucky recipient of my first given negative rep. ENJOY!!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again, class is over-rated.

I was at the game and golf clapped when he got up and was moving to the side line and saw it was 92. Then I pointed and laughed. Same as I laughed when Allen got hurt from a cheap shot.

I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye, and fat Al getting his comeuppance on our field this close to the playoffs was the universes way of saying FU.

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
What I'm saing is the 2 guys that hurt Schaub got hurt in the same game.

Coencidence I think Not.

Have you also noticed that we have had no OL injuries this year?

Coencidence I think not.

OL play in the NFL is not for the faint of heart & there is is a code that OL-DL live by.

If you disagree with me thats OK we just look @ football differently.

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Have you also noticed that we have had no OL injuries this year?
Surely, you realize that if someone on the O-line goes down next week, it's your fault now...

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
It's all on me

LOL

eriadoc
12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
For most people, a sense of fair play and justice is hard wired. If you thought Haynesworth's tactics up to this point were questionable, then you probably felt a moment of elation when he went down, whether or not you want to admit that to anyone or even yourself.

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
For most people, a sense of fair play and justice is hard wired. If you thought Haynesworth's tactics up to this point were questionable, then you probably felt a moment of elation when he went down, whether or not you want to admit that to anyone or even yourself.
It's not even that to me, IMO.

I guess what I'd say is, as much as I don't want to see anyone get hurt, IF someone is going to get hurt, I'd prefer to see it be a dirty player or cheap shot artist than someone who sticks to clean hits.

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 09:20 PM

I have no problem owning up to this. I would like to know how many on this board would admit the same feeling.

toronto
12-14-2008, 09:20 PM

And on the first day of UFA, if the Texans step and announce they've signed him to a massive deal, I'm sure that folks here will be quick to suddenly forget the Garude/Schaub incidents and comment what a fierce competitor he is and what a great addition this gladiator is to the club.

That's the nature of the beast that is being a NFL fan.

steelbtexan
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
And on the first day of UFA, if the Texans step and announce they've signed him to a massive deal, I'm sure that folks here will be quick to suddenly forget the Garude/Schaub incidents and comment what a fierce competitor he is and what a great addition this gladiator is to the club.

Agreed

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 09:23 PM

Think about how much Cowboys fans hated Terrell Owens when he ran to midfield and planted the ball on the star.

But sign with us and play well, and it's like it never happened.

Of course, being a selfish jerk and being a dirty player aren't the same thing.

toronto
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Think about how much Cowboys fans hated Terrell Owens when he ran to midfield and planted the ball on the star.

But sign with us and play well, and it's like it never happened.

Of course, being a selfish jerk and being a dirty player aren't the same thing.

I remember when Titans' fans mused about signing Owens. That was one player that would have caused me to consider handing in my 'retirement' papers. I cannot root for a team with that POS on it.

feebleminded
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
All due respect, some of the posts here suck ass.

And all seriousness, Finnegan today was a bigger goon/cheap shot artist in this one game than Al has been towards the Texans period.

Which one is Cortland again?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/slapshot.jpg

TEXANRED
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM

Well we are not stupid.

Big Lou
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM

I don't believe in cheering for injuries, this is these guys living.

However when you talk trash about injuring another player that makes a living in the sport, it is just as the thread says, its karma.

infantrycak
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Show some class Houston fans. Haynesworth is a great player (albeit cheap at times) but nobody should root for him to be injured.

MEGA SWATT
12-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Show some class Houston fans. Haynesworth is a great player (albeit cheap at times) but nobody should root for him to be injured.

I hope that fat bastard is not in too much pain; injuries suck and are humbling......pain sux--give him some meds and a burger on me:thinking:

GP
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Well, I don't believe in Karma. And it's funny how many people throw that crap around on here. I don't know if they know the real ideas and philosophies behind "karma," or if they are just repeating it because it sounds cooler than saying "what goes around comes around"...but, at any rate: The ones who say we should NOT wish this on Albert because it brings bad karma onto them? That's stupid as hell.

If karma exists, then Albert got what he deserved. So it's OK to cheer for it. Why? Because Albert was a bad boy and karma worked its magic on him, due to ALBERT'S bad karma. So why condemn those who are happy that cosmic retribution found its way to Albert's doorstep today?

See how foolish it is now?

Nobody "deserves" anything. Perfectly nice people have really crappy things happen to them, and they didn't do a damn thing wrong to deserve it. The idea of karma is flawed all the way through.

It doesn't make any difference how anybody felt about Albert getting hurt. Crap happens. It's how you deal with it that determines anything of real significance.

If anybody wants to flame me for what I say, then so be it. All of ya'll are feeling free to speak your minds. So will I.

GP
12-14-2008, 10:40 PM

It'd be a cold day in Tennessee when Bob McNair would have anything to do with Albert Haynesworth.

We may suck, but we won't debase ourselves by bringing in thuggish players.

1. A lot of speculation that Reggie Bush was off or list due to possible NCAA violations that stood a good chance of being uncovered. Bob wants no part of controversy.

2. Mario was brought into McNair's office for street racing. No more racing.

3. Cedric Benson was never even on the radar. Ever.

See a pattern?

We'll leave that to the Titans and the Jags. It worked for Del Rio, for a little but, and now it's sinking his ship. The Titans are not as bad as the Jags about that sort of deal, but Bud isn't exactly the model citizen for doing the right thing very often. So he can rationalize adding a questionable character every now and then if it meant gaining an edge somehow. The drafting of VY had as much to do with him trying to stick it to Houston as it did with VY's actual talent conversion from NCAA to NFL.

Wolf
12-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I am sorry he got hurt. cheep shot artist or not..as much as people talk about Karma.. did DD have Karma working against him? Did tony boselli have it work against him?

infantrycak
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
OK, so much for class. Can't show up for games on time and have to play internet thug.

Sorry TN fans. Normally I hate y'all but this crap is the lowest display of Houston fandom.

Hervoyel
12-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not sorry he got hurt and I'm not particularly glad he got hurt. I'm fine with it because it's part of the game and it happens to members of every team sooner or later. Now if a Texan had obviously and intentionally gone out of his way to hurt a member of the Titans (any member really) then that would be wrong and I could not condone that. Since Haynesworth was hurt on a completely legal play with no funny business going on my conscience is clear and I can objectively look at it and say "Well, what does this do for me? How does this development affect what I care about?". Even if every Titan who took the field today walked out and immediately tore both MCL's it wouldn't put my team in the playoffs. My guys have two games and then for me at least the season ends. The only thing this does "for me" is make it tougher for the Titans to win the AFC and get to another Super Bowl which I like because I never want their owner to have a Super Bowl ring or touch that trophy with his tainted gruppy paws.

I'm ok with being pleased that this might adversely affect the Titans in the playoffs. I feel like I can be as happy about this as I want to be and honestly, I am.

GP
12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
OK, so much for class. Can't show up for games on time and have to play internet thug.

Sorry TN fans. Normally I hate y'all but this crap is the lowest display of Houston fandom.

I think it goes down as a "feel what you feel, but no need to come on here and essentially gloat about the guy getting hurt." That's how I feel.

Texans fans want the rough play from the Titans to stop, and they think this was a wake-up call to Albert & Co.

Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't.

I think the league made sure the refs stayed on top of the questionable activities that definitely occurred today. There's a clear pattern of it from the Titans, which fleshed itself out by the refs being quick to flag the late hits, etc. Haven't seen that flag-throwing by the refs until this game. Someone in the league office is trying to get a handle on it, I think.

Texans_Chick
12-14-2008, 10:54 PM

That's hard. Like being a saint hard.

I have to admit to being conflicted. I do not wish bad things to happen to people. However, I want nothing good to happen to Bud Adams' team, but more importantly I think Albert Haynesworth could care less if his cheap shot play hurts a QB so why should we feel sorry for him?

I call this conflicted nature in the Chron blog "The Jared Allen Rule (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/12/superman_wears_andre_johnson_p.html)":

Here's a proposed rule, tell me what you think of it: "Generally speaking, it is poor form to be happy about injuries to other players. However, if that player is a defensive player who talks junk about destroying quarterbacks, then it's okay to be happy if something bad happens to that guy."

Is that fair? I had a hard time feeling bad for Albert Haynesworth going down with a knee injury after the way he has talked so much trash about hitting Matt Schaub, and that the Titans make a habit of unsportsmanlike hits to the quarterback.

Here's a variety of Haynesworth quotes (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/12/your_vote_in_the_richard_smith.html):

Schaub, who wears a large brace on his left knee, was taken down once last week. Haynesworth and the Titans plan to "get after him" a lot more this week.

"That's our game plan," he said. "Hit the quarterback as many times as we possibly can. He'll start cringing before you even get there ... we want the quarterback to think about us and not think about throwing the ball down the field."

The Titans had two unsportsmanlike penalties for hits to Schaub this game. Not unusual, that is just what they do.

Or from the past (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3073225):

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub will undergo an MRI on his hip after leaving Sunday's 38-36 loss against Tennessee for the second time because of a helmet-to-helmet hit by Albert Haynesworth.

The Texans trailed 19-7 with a minute left in the first half when Haynesworth delivered the blow on Schaub, who threw incomplete. Haynesworth was whistled for a personal foul.

Schaub lay on the field for several minutes before gingerly jogging off. Team officials said Schaub injured his right hip and he did not return.

"Well, heck, I mean we probably would have won this game 35-7 if he stayed in," Haynesworth said. "It was good to knock him out I guess, but he's going to come back and I don't think there'll be any kind of quarterback controversy because they pay that guy a lot of money."

Screw Albert Haynesworth. I can wish little good for the man.

Wolf
12-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I think any DC or defensive player wants to "get after" a Qb and rattle him.
I am not sure about hurting the player ,but I think they want to make him think

infantrycak
12-14-2008, 11:06 PM

I know, like sometimes your wife has to restrain you from getting into a leaving the parking lot incident kind of know--hypothetically and not speaking about today.

But we won today and should be both gracious and grateful.

To all the naysayers that this team wasn't a few plays away from competing this year, the Texans just raised a gigantic FU banner.

HoustonFrog
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, I don't believe in Karma. And it's funny how many people throw that crap around on here. I don't know if they know the real ideas and philosophies behind "karma," or if they are just repeating it because it sounds cooler than saying "what goes around comes around"...but, at any rate: The ones who say we should NOT wish this on Albert because it brings bad karma onto them? That's stupid as hell.

If karma exists, then Albert got what he deserved. So it's OK to cheer for it. Why? Because Albert was a bad boy and karma worked its magic on him, due to ALBERT'S bad karma. So why condemn those who are happy that cosmic retribution found its way to Albert's doorstep today?

See how foolish it is now?

Nobody "deserves" anything. Perfectly nice people have really crappy things happen to them, and they didn't do a damn thing wrong to deserve it. The idea of karma is flawed all the way through.

It doesn't make any difference how anybody felt about Albert getting hurt. Crap happens. It's how you deal with it that determines anything of real significance.

If anybody wants to flame me for what I say, then so be it. All of ya'll are feeling free to speak your minds. So will I.

I'm not sure what your point is but you are right on karma. I've never done anything to deserve almost dying twice in 8 years and having a surgeon eff up and having to be opened up and almost lose my family 3 weeks ago but it happened. I didn't as for my pregnant wife to be sitting there watching them having to restrain me because of the pain when I came to. But that is life. This is football. I don't care because the league is made of guys that talk a big game. I still don't want them to lose their livlihood and get hurt.

My whole point is you can go through things with class. Its all you have in the end and people who blow it off haev to grow up.

I have said it before and I will say it again, class is over-rated.

I was at the game and golf clapped when he got up and was moving to the side line and saw it was 92. Then I pointed and laughed. Same as I laughed when Allen got hurt from a cheap shot.

I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye, and fat Al getting his comeuppance on our field this close to the playoffs was the universes way of saying FU.

Sorry, I'd rather be classy. I find it funny that all I hear as a Cowboy fan here is that people haet the Boys because of their classless fans yet people feel they have free reign to be as big an ass as possible here because of what?Your downtrodden?Its a joke

GP
12-14-2008, 11:09 PM

I have to admit to being conflicted. I do not wish bad things to happen to people. However, I want nothing good to happen to Bud Adams' team, but more importantly I think Albert Haynesworth could care less if his cheap shot play hurts a QB so why should we feel sorry for him?

I call this conflicted nature in the Chron blog "The Jared Allen Rule (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/12/superman_wears_andre_johnson_p.html)":

Here's a variety of Haynesworth quotes (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2008/12/your_vote_in_the_richard_smith.html):

The Titans had two unsportsmanlike penalties for hits to Schaub this game. Not unusual, that is just what they do.

Or from the past (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3073225):

Screw Albert Haynesworth. I can wish little good for the man.

Good post.

In terms of human nature, it's easy to not feel bad when someone like Albert suffers from that which he has so joyfully dished out to the ones who are trying to play the game in a more respectful manner.

Everybody loves a bad-ass because we all dream of being invincible and unbeatable. But the problem with Albert's bad-assedness is that it comes from what many of us are perceiving to be a do-whatever-it-takes mentality that says "To hell with fair play and character-driven motives. I'm rolling and you're going to beg for mercy along the way. And I won't give it."

Jared Allen is the same guy as Albert. He can roll like that all the time, but when it happened to him? NO FAIR!

It's the same as when you're growing up and the kid you play games with keeps changing the rules so that it's in his favor. It's the lowest of lows, IMO. Agree on a standard, pursue it, hold dear to it, and let the outcome be dictated upon talent/will/skill/strategy/etc....and NOT upon the destruction of your enemy so that he can't even compete.

Nobody dove at Albert's knee today. It was a pile, like it had been all day long when we ran the ball, Duane Brown fell down and Albert didn't pay attention to what was going on at his own feet...there was not one bit of intention in Duane Brown. He got bowled over, and Albert had his leg planted in the ground.

LOL. Funny thing is this: It won't deter Albert. It didn't deter Jared Allen: He was on the FoxSports pre-game show, boldly claiming he doesn't cheap shot people. Guys like Albert and Jared are a menace to the NFL, IMO.

GP
12-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure what your point is but you are right on karma. I've never done anything to deserve almost dying twice and having a surgeon eff up and having to be opened up and almost lose my family 3 weeks ago but it happened.

My whole point is you can go through things with class. Its all you have in the end and people who blow it off haev to grow up.

My point is that it was enlightening (there's a buzz word!) to see how many people throw out the word "karma" for what happened to Al. More than I figured. Which means a lot of people on here must believe in it.

And I agree with your last paragraph. My mom said "Your character is one of the only things nobody can take from you. You have to GIVE it away."

Had Kerry Collins gotten hurt, nobody would even think to "gloat post" on it. And even though Big Al "might" have gotten his just-desserts, we need to be above the fray to a large degree.

I agree in Cak's call for proper manners on this, even if it seems like it's policing the board to some people. Prolly need to just let this thread fade on out for the good of all involved.

powerfuldragon
12-14-2008, 11:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/1800.jpg

HoustonFrog
12-14-2008, 11:27 PM
My point is that it was enlightening (there's a buzz word!) to see how many people throw out the word "karma" for what happened to Al. More than I figured. Which means a lot of people on here must believe in it.

And I agree with your last paragraph. My mom said "Your character is one of the only things nobody can take from you. You have to GIVE it away."

Had Kerry Collins gotten hurt, nobody would even think to "gloat post" on it. And even though Big Al "might" have gotten his just-desserts, we need to be above the fray to a large degree.

I agree in Cak's call for proper manners on this, even if it seems like it's policing the board to some people. Prolly need to just let this thread fade on out for the good of all involved.

OK, just wasn't sure but I agreed with you on where it comes from....who knows considering my personal life and I'm sure thousands of people who have bad things happen.

But as I said, your Mom is right. You have certain things you can control in life and much of it comes from how you react to things. Class and grace are two essentials to respect.

Hookem Horns
12-14-2008, 11:30 PM
As long as the injury isn't life threatening I think that is what matters most and it obviously isn't that.

At this point all Haynesworth injury means is that it is going to hurt the Titans as a team and there will be one less dirty player playing on Sundays for awhile. Personally I am not going to be sad about those last 2 scenarios.

eriadoc
12-14-2008, 11:34 PM
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/victory.jpg

BigBull17
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
It's not even that to me, IMO.

I guess what I'd say is, as much as I don't want to see anyone get hurt, IF someone is going to get hurt, I'd prefer to see it be a dirty player or cheap shot artist than someone who sticks to clean hits.

Who cared when Rodney Harrison got hurt? Not this guy.

TD
12-15-2008, 05:45 AM
I guess you've never been a father, or you'd appreciate the significance of that statement.

I am and I never said that to my kids.....it isn't true.

UK_Texan
12-15-2008, 06:18 AM
My reaction at the time was not that i was happy for him or any other palyer for that matter to get injured but the fact that who it was for them. What im saying is he is obviously an influential player for them and for us seeing him leave the field is a boost no matter what.

Honestly i cant see people disagreeing with me here, look at Brady's injury you cant say that there wasnt fans around the league with a slight smile on their face knowing that one of the best QB's around is out for the year. They werent glad for him to be injured but rather glad that he wouldnt be playing against them

2cents worth

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 07:59 AM
I didn't cheer for his injury, but by the same token I have no sympathy for him, the way I would for most any other player in the league.

BuffaloglennTX
12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
At least the fans at the game gave Haynesworth appropriate applause and low cheers when they helped him off the field. It was polite, which it should have been. Karma, fate, call it what you want - it's really just a snapshot of life in the NFL. Injuries happen...

scourge
12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
First off, I think most people at some point in their life have wished harm on someone for whatever reason... not death, mind you, but harm in some way.

Now I personally have never aplauded injury to any football player, until this season. The first was the shot Jared Allen took below the knees last week, and yesterday when Fat Albert went down. I truly HATE FA. If I learn that he may never walk again I will still feel no remorse whatsoever.

Call me classless, I don't care. This is the guy stomped on a defensless man's head who was without a helmet while wearing cleats and had no remorse. The guy who has taken cheap shot after cheap shot at multiple players in the league, especially ours and brags about it. The guy who after watching Pacman's antics said the League needs more "thugs" like him.

And yes, if he were on our team, I would STILL loathe him.

HOU-TEX
12-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I didn't cheer when he got hurt. I cheered at the fact we had a chance to actually run the football for more than a yard at a time after he was forced from the game.

Fat Al was destroying our run game. I know he had help, but damn, it seemed as if Al was in every play. Asshat or not, Haynesworth is a beast.

Finnegan has now taken claim of being the biggest asshat for the titans. Other than the used douche for an owner.

:texflag:

TEXANRED
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry, I'd rather be classy. I find it funny that all I hear as a Cowboy fan here is that people haet the Boys because of their classless fans yet people feel they have free reign to be as big an ass as possible here because of what?Your downtrodden?Its a joke

What do you want me to do? Kiss his boo boo? Send him a get well card? Maybe even make him some home made chicken noodle soup and bring it to him and tell him everything is gonna be ok?

Hell no.

Not to him.

If it were any other player, outside of Finnegan, I would feel bad and hope him a speedy recovery. But this is Haynesworth. The only thing I feel bad about is he will probably play come playoff time.

This is the same fat bastard that relished in the fact that he hurt Schaub. Not just once, but twice. He has made jokes about it. Has been proud about it. This is the same guy that stomped on a guys head with his cleat when the guys helmet was off. And didn't Fat Bastard get into a shouting match with one of our board members last year?

Screw Haynesworth.

And if my hatred over anther player makes me an Internet thug or classless, so be it. I can live with that.

HoustonFrog
12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
What do you want me to do? Kiss his boo boo? Send him a get well card? Maybe even make him some home made chicken noodle soup and bring it to him and tell him everything is gonna be ok?

Hell no.

Not to him.

If it were any other player, outside of Finnegan, I would feel bad and hope him a speedy recovery. But this is Haynesworth. The only thing I feel bad about is he will probably play come playoff time.

This is the same fat bastard that relished in the fact that he hurt Schaub. Not just once, but twice. He has made jokes about it. Has been proud about it. This is the same guy that stomped on a guys head with his cleat when the guys helmet was off. And didn't Fat Bastard get into a shouting match with one of our board members last year?

Screw Haynesworth.

And if my hatred over anther player makes me an Internet thug or classless, so be it. I can live with that.

What does class have to do with trying to make a player feel better? Class is how you react to a situation. Again, try to spin it but in the end all you have and end up with is how you react to situations and being classless because you don't like a guy that plays a game for a living is a joke in my book. If it makes you feel better and tougher, go for it. But in the end it looks ridiculous. You don't have to feel bad for the guy. You just don't have to celebrate it. There is a difference.

HealingBullets
12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
finnegan has now taken claim of being the biggest asshat for the titans. Other than the used douche for an owner.

:texflag:

lmao