PDA

View Full Version : Vanden Bosch out on Sunday!!!!!!!

Big Lou
12-12-2008, 07:44 PM
With Kyle out that should help the cause this weekend!

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2008, 07:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3765535&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Titans starting defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch won't play in Sunday's game at Houston because of a groin injury.

After saying earlier in the week that Vanden Bosch would be a game-time decision, coach Jeff Fisher said Friday that Vanden Bosch will not play. Instead, Vanden Bosch will rest the groin that has bothered him off and on since Oct. 5 against Baltimore.

"He is out this week," Fisher said.

Vanden Bosch has missed three other games with the injury and did not finish two others before seemingly getting over the injury Nov. 23, when the Titans played the New York Jets. However, he aggravated the injury in last Sunday's win over Cleveland.

Dave Ball and Jacob Ford are expected to split time at Vanden Bosch's right defensive end spot. The duo has combined to produce 9½ sacks this season.

Cornerbacks Cortland Finnegan (hamstring) and Nick Harper (ankle) and linebacker David Thornton (hip) will be probable on Sunday.

Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (knee) and running backs LenDale White (knee) and Quinton Ganther (knee) will be questionable.

Meanwhile, center Kevin Mawae was fined $5,000 by the NFL for his hit on Cleveland's Kamerion Wimbley in Sunday's game. Mawae was penalized for unnecessary roughness on the hit and plans to appeal.

DiehardChris
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Dammit. I don't want there to be any excuses if we win.

nunusguy
12-12-2008, 08:13 PM

It's a meaningless game for us anyway, so the only way to get any real satisfaction out of beating them is if they are at full-strength.

Overalls
12-12-2008, 08:18 PM

I agree. The TENNheads already say that we have never really beat them because they had a rash of injuries the year we put the Ws in the win collum. Of course they disregard they years we lead the league in injuries and they beat us "because the Titans were the better team anyway".

That's ok though. I will take a win anyway we can get one.

Tailgate
12-12-2008, 08:46 PM
A team at full strength is rare this time of year. Besides, didnt he miss 3 games already? And they are still 12-1 and the backups for KVB have played decent. This wont be an excuse for them at all.

Polo
12-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I wish VB was playing just for the simple fact that I'd like DuaneB to get as much experience against good DE's as possible...

As far as a win holding less weight because KVB is out.....pfft.....

b0ng
12-12-2008, 08:50 PM
A team at full strength is rare this time of year. Besides, didnt he miss 3 games already? And they are still 12-1 and the backups for KVB have played decent. This wont be an excuse for them at all.

Just take all of the Jaguars fans takes on the last game of the season last year, and that's pretty much what we'll get from Titans fans after Sunday if we win.

Rinse, Repeat.

Tailgate
12-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Just take all of the Jaguars fans takes on the last game of the season last year, and that's pretty much what we'll get from Titans fans after Sunday if we win.

Rinse, Repeat.

They actually need this win though.

Carr Bombed
12-12-2008, 08:54 PM
It's a meaningless game for us anyway, so the only way to get any real satisfaction out of beating them is if they are at full-strength.

Last time I checked we play football games with only one DE too........I don't see any excuses if we happen to beat them.

Polo
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
If one player makes that much of a difference then every game in the David Carr era should be wiped from the books...

I say we wipe those from the books regardless...

b0ng
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
They actually need this win though.

They're in the playoffs and if they beat the Steelers next week they'll pretty much do everything need to do in the regular season to set up the playoffs. They WANT to beat us, but they NEED to beat the Steelers.

Besides, the fans don't use logic anyway.

CloakNNNdagger
12-12-2008, 09:08 PM

Rinse, Repeat.

Those would have to be some dumba88, toothless and brainless hillbillies that would use that excuse, with the "home field" advantage throughout the playoffs being at stake.

BTW, when backups for KVB have been in there this season, the Tacks' DL hasn't lost a step. In 10 games, KVB has had 4.5 sacks. His subs have combine for 9.5 in the games they played.

DiehardChris
12-12-2008, 09:19 PM

Rinse, Repeat.

Any Jags fan who says that is a moron. The list of players that WE had out of that game due to injury was just as extensive as the list of players they chose to sit, so whatever.

Anyway, I agree it won't diminish the victory if we win.

Silver Oak
12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
in related news, Vince Young has volunteered to massage Vanden Bosch's sore areas until Kyle feels all warm and tingly.

Jackie Chiles
12-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I wish VB was playing just for the simple fact that I'd like DuaneB to get as much experience against good DE's as possible...

It would have been nice to see Brown vs Vanden Bosch round two but even if he had played he wouldn't have been himself. Groins are a tricky injury, just ask Roy Oswalt.

nunusguy
12-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Last time I checked we play football games with only one DE too........I don't see any excuses if we happen to beat them.

Just barely semi-clever.

Mari-OWNED!
12-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Yay this is very good news! A win is a win, and nothing can tarnish a Texans win in my book.

ChampionTexan
12-12-2008, 10:34 PM
They're in the playoffs and if they beat the Steelers next week they'll pretty much do everything need to do in the regular season to set up the playoffs. They WANT to beat us, but they NEED to beat the Steelers.

Besides, the fans don't use logic anyway.

If the Titans lose on Sunday, and the Steelers win, the Steelers control their own destiny as it relates to homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. They can say it's meaningless, but there's no way they believe it.

MannyFresh
12-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Titans don't want to lose to us regardless who's injured...this is one of "those" rivalries....I HATE THE TITANS AND CAN'T WAIT TO TALK SMACK TO TITAN FAN!!!!!!:kingkong:

Hooston Texan
12-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Any Titan who believes this game is meaningless to them is about 10 times more stupid than the worst ignorant-hick stereotype this board can dream up for their fans.

I get the Jag fans thinking that their loss to us last year was meaningless (because it was), but the Titans really, really needs this one if they are serious about winning home field in the playoffs.

toronto
12-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Any Titan who believes this game is meaningless to them is about 10 times more stupid than the worst ignorant-hick stereotype this board can dream up for their fans.

I get the Jag fans thinking that their loss to us last year was meaningless (because it was), but the Titans really, really needs this one if they are serious about winning home field in the playoffs.

I would much rather win this game and have the PIT game meaningless. Trust me.

TheRealJoker
12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
This means we can leave Brown one on one more often this week. Which is a huge advantage because now we can double up Fat Albert more often.

RMB_Titan
12-13-2008, 02:35 PM

You won't hear any from me. The way you guys have been playing, we have to bring our A Game tomorrow.
Besides, as stated below, KVB's backups, Dave Ball and sometimes Jacob Ford aren't exactly chopped liver. Ford has five sacks on the season, and Ball has 4.5. To put that into perspective, Vanden Bosch also has 4.5 sacks, and Haynesworth has 8.5. So they are in pretty good company.

Exactly. Dave Ball and Jacob Ford are very underrated and have been playing pretty lights out this season.

Texans34Life
12-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I just hope the replacements don't have a career day on us.....that's typically our luck.