PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Bears tonight

b0ng
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't see how we can lose to these guys. Yes we are the Texans, and yes when it comes to losing, we are quite capable, but holy shit. These guys blow 4th quarter leads like they are teaching classes on the subject.

eriadoc
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if we turn the ball over 3+ times (again), we'll lose.

mexican_texan
12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
It all comes down to a battle of Slaton and Forte. If we stop Forte, we stop the Bears. If they stop Slaton, we'll have a hard time winning.

b0ng
12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
It all comes down to a battle of Slaton and Forte. If we stop Forte, we stop the Bears. If they stop Slaton, we'll have a hard time winning.

If the Bears stop Slaton we still have Walter, Daniels, and AJ3000.

If we stop Forte the Bears have. . . uh. . . Devin Hester?

eriadoc
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm so glad Reggie Bush could find a way to score me FOUR forkin' points in my FF league tonight.

DiehardChris
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm so glad Reggie Bush could find a way to score me FOUR forkin' points in my FF league tonight.

I guess your team doesn't award points for running out of bounds to avoid contact.

Brandon420tx
12-11-2008, 11:22 PM

Not as bad as me benching colston in favor of moore

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I guess your team doesn't award points for running out of bounds to avoid contact.

You didn't snag Thomas? You gotta do these things. I went into sneak-mode and snagged Slaton and almost all of my leagues. You can be jealous if you want, I don't mind. ;)

Htownsportsfan
12-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't see how we can lose to these guys. Yes we are the Texans, and yes when it comes to losing, we are quite capable, but holy shit. These guys blow 4th quarter leads like they are teaching classes on the subject.

I think thats a bit of an stretch! They held the top produciton QB Drew Brees in check throughout the game. Sure he ended the night with two td's but he also had two int's and the swing pass to Thomas was nothing special. However the pass to Colston was! Their defense is fast and aggresive and their special are dangerous as hell. Although there Offense is usually inept their D puts them in positions that they dont need to be good.

I think the Texans can and will beat them but keep in mind the other aggresive defenses we have faced Pitt and Baltimore kicked our A$$ and TN forcec Schaub into his worst game of the season.

Htownsportsfan
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
If the Bears stop Slaton we still have Walter, Daniels, and AJ3000.

If we stop Forte the Bears have. . . uh. . . Devin Hester?

Devin Hester got them two TD's tonight with his speed! He out ran double coverage and drew an Interference call TWICE setting up scores. His speed is dangerous and his hands and route running are improving.

Scooter
12-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Devin Hester got them two TD's tonight with his speed! He out ran double coverage and drew an Interference call TWICE setting up scores. His speed is dangerous and his hands and route running are improving.

he definitely did, but i've got my money on wilson. also if we've figured out to keep reeves on the defensive left and slide bennett to slot i'm not overly concerned about speed. robinson's already fast, but he's got a closing gear that noone else compares to, and both bennett and reeves can sprint with anyone.

harrison and whoever we sub is where this game is going to be trouble. it'll also get messy (again) if we continue to move reeves to our defensive right side. if we can keep reeves and wilson left, and aggressively run blitz, this is a game we should win.

kastofsna
12-12-2008, 06:39 AM

so he had a pretty good night by his standards

nunusguy
12-12-2008, 08:39 AM
I dunno, but doubt that little Reggie will ever be misaken for Earl Campbell ?
He was pretty good playin touch-football with the juco type competition he faced in the Pac-10 but the NFL has been a whole different world for him.