PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Titans

spurstexanstros
12-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I tend to think I am a nice guy. I go to church work hard. I vote. Help the old lady across the street. I think I am a good guy. However when it comes to football and to a lesser extent basketball ( 4 rings you cant stay pissed) I have animosity towards certain teams. (Cowboys Jags etc) However, when It comes to the Tennesee Titans, I generally hate them. The team and their fans make my blood boil. I see red (BattleRed) and loose perspective that this is just a game.

I think it may because of Bud Adams stealing my childhood team or my memories seeing the Oilers in the Astrodome with my Dad (who raised me by himself) bring back good memories. Maybe I hate them because, now those memories are tarnished and and have moved to Tennesee. I remember seeing Warren Moon and Haywood Jefferies and Bruce Matthews and Chris Dishman and Sean Jones... Ernest Givens. They were my role models..guys I looked up to. Yet their names hang in that bastard of a owner's stadium in a ring of honor that otherwise should have been the Astrodome. Celebrating 40 years....my freaking.....

It may be good that I stay here in SA...I am seriously tempted to come for this big game. It may not be a good idea for me to be in the same stadium with a team and fans of a team that i really hate. I dont hate as a general rule...but for some reason I hate the Titans. This is not smack or being rude to other fans. I just wondered If I was alone or anybody else felt this way and why?

Mari-OWNED!
12-11-2008, 01:36 PM
It's not so much the Titans that I hate, its that bastard Bud Adams!

ZX758
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM

+1....Nothing against the city, Jeff Fisher, or hell even VY

Drew_Smoke
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM

He was good in Austin Powers though...

"Get in my belly!!" He was great!

DiehardChris
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I think Jeff Fisher is the best coach in the league. Losing him was the real tragedy of losing the Oilers.

That said, I'm with the original post. I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm a pretty fair guy, and I can look at things objectively - except when it comes to the Titans. I just hate them with a fiery passion that I cannot explain.

Rep to the OP.

Brando
12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I tend to think I am a nice guy. I go to church work hard. I vote. Help the old lady across the street. I think I am a good guy. However when it comes to football and to a lesser extent basketball ( 4 rings you cant stay pissed) I have animosity towards certain teams. (Cowboys Jags etc) However, when It comes to the Tennesee Titans, I generally hate them. The team and their fans make my blood boil. I see red (BattleRed) and loose perspective that this is just a game.

I think it may because of Bud Adams stealing my childhood team or my memories seeing the Oilers in the Astrodome with my Dad (who raised me by himself) bring back good memories. Maybe I hate them because, now those memories are tarnished and and have moved to Tennesee. I remember seeing Warren Moon and Haywood Jefferies and Bruce Matthews and Chris Dishman and Sean Jones... Ernest Givens. They were my role models..guys I looked up to. Yet their names hang in that bastard of a owner's stadium in a ring of honor that otherwise should have been the Astrodome. Celebrating 40 years....my freaking.....

It may be good that I stay here in SA...I am seriously tempted to come for this big game. It may not be a good idea for me to be in the same stadium with a team and fans of a team that i really hate. I dont hate as a general rule...but for some reason I hate the Titans. This is not smack or being rude to other fans. I just wondered If I was alone or anybody else felt this way and why?

:goodpost:

Add the Titans trolls and VY fan boys and that pretty much sums it up.

False Start
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm an easy going easy to get along with type of guy as well. I too hate the Titans. Its a strong hate. Its Dallas Cowboys, Utah Jazz, John Stockton, Karl Malone, type hate........... :bat:

Thorn
12-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Until the Texans are good enough to be in the AFC championship game and lose to a division foe like the Oilers did with Pittsburg, I'll still reserve my deepest hatred for the Cowpatties. The Dolts, Tits, and Jacks will have to wait until we improve as a team before I really begin to hate them with the level of vehemence I have for the Cowturds.

I absolutely hate the Cowstains with a passion not leveled at other teams as yet.

GP
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm an easy going easy to get along with type of guy as well. I too hate the Titans. Its a strong hate. Its Dallas Cowboys, Utah Jazz, John Stockton, Karl Malone, type hate........... :bat:

Don't forget to throw some Phoenix Suns and Seattle Supersonics in there.

I don't hate the Cowboys too much because, quite frankly, they aren't in the AFC and not in our division. When we play them? Oh yeah, there is a boiling point that's reached on gameday.

But I rank the Jags, Colts, and Titans all equally. Too hard to sort out which one I dislike the most: The Colts and their unrelenting hell hound of a QB who won't stop throwing for TDs even with a 35-10 lead with 1 minute left in the game (then LAYING DOWN for the Titans last year) ; the Jags and their smarmy unsavory head coach whose players are one traffic ticket away from going away to the big house for good; or the Titans whose owner skipped town and locked the Oilers out of our lives forever.

I mean, that's a tough bunch to choose from if you ask me.

Beating down the Jags just feels too dadgum good. I mean, it was downright tasty what happened on MNF in front of the whole football nation. I rank the Jags as my probable #1 most-hated rival.

Silver Oak
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Titans rank the highest on my list of Hated Teams, as Bud took away our city's NFL history.

He is a sorry sack of **** and I look forward to this game more than any other each season.

Hookem Horns
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM

Believe me you are not alone. However I have to admit that I have mellowed a bit over the last couple of years. I had a lot of what I will call unhealthy emotions over the Titans. I can relate to how you feel about having your childhood team stolen. Actually to me it was more like identity theft. Everyone knew me as an Oilers fan, especially when I lived out of state. Now they have to ask who I root for these days (if I haven't seen someone in a long time).

Heck now even I am confused. I was always a diehard Oilers fan first because I grew up with them. No one even came close for me. Sure, I had other teams I liked. When I was a kid I really liked the Bucs. I even had a Doug Williams jersey because I loved the logo and the orange uniform. However until recently I had never even been to Florida. Now the Bucs don't even sport that uniform anymore.

When I lived in NY the Giants grew on me (I have a lot of good memories from up there now too) and were fun to support because of the mutual hatred for the Cowboys, however even when I lived there the Oilers were still my team.

Then the Oilers left and I totally soured on the sport altogether. I honestly didn't care for a few seasons.

Now with the Texans I admittedly follow both them and the Giants. I was hoping the Texans would replace the Oilers for me however I don't think that has happened yet. I don't know if it ever will because I didn't grow up with them. I think something is to be said about "growing up" with a team.

RMB_Titan
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Bud is the one responsible for the move, yet all of you hate all of us for that?
That's some razor sharp reasoning/logic there.

Add the Titans trolls and VY fan boys and that pretty much sums it up.
You guys can keep the VY fanbois. Between them and the VY haters on our boards, it just gets ugly on a daily basis.

Titansfan3801
12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I can understand some bitterness. You lost your franchise, it's a big deal. Now you have to watch play your new team twice a year. Not to mention the fact that your old team is doing better than your new team in Houston.

I'm not trying to talk smack, just to agree that you have legitimate reasons to hate us. However, don't expect to be hated until you're the ones doing the beating on, rather than taking the beatings.

Good luck to you this weekend, should be a good game!

imatexan
12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I HATE the tits also, with a passion. Probally what got be hating them more than anything was when they started celebrating with VY in reliant when they won. I was too crushed to even be angry at the exact moment, I was more numb. Too see everyone yelling and screaming for the titans made me sick, especially for Buds team! I also hate the braves a lot from the Astros playoff years when we played them.

Hervoyel
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM

Totally different thing. How can you be a Texans fan and not hate a team that's basically owned your team? I'm so tired of seeing the Texans come up short against these guys that I can't stand it. I didn't feel this way for the first few years but now I hate the Titans more than any team I can think of and Bud has nothing to do with it. I hate Bud for taking the Oilers away. I hate the Titans because I'm sick of losing to them and ready to see my team stand up and take some friggin vengance.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I like the Titans. They've always been a class organization with a class owner. They are one of the beacon franchises in the NFL by which other organizations can only aspire to.......

RMB_Titan
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I HATE the tits also, with a passion. Probally what got be hating them more than anything was when they started celebrating with VY in reliant when they won. I was too crushed to even be angry at the exact moment, I was more numb. Too see everyone yelling and screaming for the titans made me sick, especially for Buds team! I also hate the braves a lot from the Astros playoff years when we played them.
VY pretty much did all that celebration on his own...as sort of payback to your FO for picking Mario instead of him.

If y'all are hatin' all of us because Bud moved the franchise, hate him. We had nothing to do with Bud deciding to bring his team here.

If you're hatin' on us because you can't seem to beat us, then hate on yourselves, and get your team to play better.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
I like the Titans. They've always been a class organization with a class owner. They are one of the beacon franchises in the NFL by which other organizations can only aspire to.......

Me thinks me forgot something.. :thinking:

Wolf
12-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Now you have to watch play your new team twice a year. Not to mention the fact that your old team is doing better than your new team in Houston.

sad part is they play the old team more than the new team :bat:

so yes you are right, I get to see the Texans twice a year on TV , rest is on streaming internet

Wolf
12-11-2008, 04:32 PM
It was a slow burn for me.. when the oilers left, I still followed the tiny-ones because they had Bruce Mathew,Eddie George, Steve McNair .... and I kept an eye on them until 2002... 99 percent focused on the Texans then .

I only kept track of the Titans was because former Oiler players were on there.. they are gone.... so ..

Here is to a TEXAN stomping of the Titans :cowboy1::kingkong:

Texan_Bill
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
The second those trucks hit I-10 east, they were dead to me.

I can't find Cris Dishman's quote but I remember he made a comment about the training facility on Holly Hall being 2nd rate, run by a 2nd rate organization...

texanhead08
12-11-2008, 05:51 PM

I want some of your weed.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Me thinks me forgot something.. :thinking:

Apparently you haven't been here too long. I am staunch hater of anything Dud Adams or the Titans. See the second quoted post above?? Anway, the thing I forgot with the first post was this smiley:

:ok:

or

:rolleyes:

or

:sarcasm:

brakos82
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
He forgot a smilie that writes cursive with a paint brush...

brakos82
12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Apparently you haven't been here too long. I am staunch hater of anything Dud Adams or the Titans. See the second quoted post above?? Anway, the thing I forgot with the first post was this smiley:

:ok:

or

:rolleyes:

or

:sarcasm:
Yeah, that one.

toronto
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I still love em, but man do I despise Adams. I miss the Oilers just as much as you guys :(

Mari-OWNED!
12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
If the Titans wear the Oilers uniform as a throwback next season then I will truly hate the Titans!

Hardcore Texan
12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
If the Titans wear the Oilers uniform as a throwback next season then I will truly hate the Titans!

I willl actually puke if that happens!

Texans_Chick
12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I can understand some bitterness. You lost your franchise, it's a big deal. Now you have to watch play your new team twice a year. Not to mention the fact that your old team is doing better than your new team in Houston.

I'm not trying to talk smack, just to agree that you have legitimate reasons to hate us. However, don't expect to be hated until you're the ones doing the beating on, rather than taking the beatings.

Good luck to you this weekend, should be a good game!

I hate Bud.

I sort of feel sorry for Tennessee fans because the only way you could get a team was to do a deal with the devil. A devil that wanted to keep the old name of the team, and then eventually named the team after a perverted Greek myth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiH4-h4o6Us).

That devil will break your heart. He will do things that are cheap, and he will do things that serve his devilish interests at the expense of your team and your fanbase.

I can't wish good luck to your team. I like Jeff Fisher and a few other members of the staff, but I loathe the Titans and can never wish for anything good at all to happen to them.

:fans:

DiehardChris
12-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I willl actually puke if that happens!

Oh, it's gonna happen. NFL-mandated, apparently. Not Bud's fault, but he could fight it if he wanted to.

Thorn
12-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm mostly over Bud Adams and them leaving town and all that stuff, although part of me still habors some of that resentment a lot of yall have.

But if they wear those Oiler uniforms in our freaking stadium my head will explode. That's just total bull**** letting Bud Adams rub his classless self all over us again. if they wear them in their stadium, I'll just try and avoid the NFL replays that week.

DiehardChris
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm mostly over Bud Adams and them leaving town and all that stuff, although part of me still habors some of that resentment a lot of yall have.

But if they wear those Oiler uniforms in our freaking stadium my head will explode. That's just total bull**** letting Bud Adams rub his classless self all over us again. if they wear them in their stadium, I'll just try and avoid the NFL replays that week.

I think it's slated to happen against the NY Jets in NY... but it wasn't a done deal when that info came out.

infantrycak
12-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I think it's slated to happen against the NY Jets in NY... but it wasn't a done deal when that info came out.

I think they are planning on wearing them all next season.

DiehardChris
12-11-2008, 07:44 PM
I think they are planning on wearing them all next season.

Really? I hadn't heard that. I heard it was part of a one-time NFL "throwback weekend" promotion next season.

If they wear it all year, that means they'll wear it in Houston, and if that happens...

Oh, man.

infantrycak
12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Really? I hadn't heard that. I heard it was part of a one-time NFL "throwback weekend" promotion next season.

If they wear it all year, that means they'll wear it in Houston, and if that happens...

Oh, man.

I hope I am wrong, but I thought that was what I heard on the radio.

Buffi2
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
There was a time when just hearing the name, "Titans" made me angry. I'm better now, I just get vastly irritated when anyone says anything positive about them. Bud is the one person I doubt I will ever forgive - hold a grudge? Yup, I shore do. I was even getting a little better about Bud, The Scum Bucket and the whole VY thing started.

I respect Fisher and a couple of coaches but wish the Titans well? Not ever.

Thorn
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I hope I am wrong, but I thought that was what I heard on the radio.

I'm hoping you're wrong too. For your sake. If they wear those uniforms all season long you moderators are gonna be living through the year of hell. ROFLMA!!!!!!!!

TexansFanatic
12-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I hate Bud.

I sort of feel sorry for Tennessee fans because the only way you could get a team was to do a deal with the devil. A devil that wanted to keep the old name of the team, and then eventually named the team after a perverted Greek myth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiH4-h4o6Us).

That devil will break your heart. He will do things that are cheap, and he will do things that serve his devilish interests at the expense of your team and your fanbase.

I can't wish good luck to your team. I like Jeff Fisher and a few other members of the staff, but I loathe the Titans and can never wish for anything good at all to happen to them.

I get tired of having to explain why I despise Bud Adams. You did a terrific job here. I'll just say: DITTO.

Earl34
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
It was a slow burn for me.. when the oilers left, I still followed the tiny-ones because they had Bruce Mathew,Eddie George, Steve McNair .... and I kept an eye on them until 2002... 99 percent focused on the Texans then .

I only kept track of the Titans was because former Oiler players were on there.. they are gone.... so ..

Here is to a TEXAN stomping of the Titans :cowboy1::kingkong:

Couldn't agree more. After the move to Tenn, I also followed the old Oilers and liked the Titans. But after visiting their message boards, their fans are so obnoxious and simple minded. Many are border line racists. The absolute worst place VY could have ended up is Nashville. I really feel sorry for the kid.

Also, Kubiak gets bashed by many, but if Jeff Fisher had half the offensive creativity of Kubiak, the Titans would have won a Super Bowl during the McNair/George era.

Tailgate
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
The kicker was when he made sure the Oilers and its history could NEVER be attached to our city again. And the man still has the nerve to live here.

Titans fans can tell us to get over it, or we are just bitter people.... but tainting a large portion of your childhood memories is a big deal, and good to see those who understand it.

Blake
12-11-2008, 09:21 PM
And they some snitches.

Wolf
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showthread.php?p=1026783#post1026783

Hookem Horns
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
VY pretty much did all that celebration on his own...as sort of payback to your FO for picking Mario instead of him.

I hope VY enjoys the view of "his house" from the bench. Maybe Mario can do some celebrating himself in front of the Titans bench in full view of Vince Young.

Big Lou
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Maybe I hate them because, now those memories are tarnished and and have moved to Tennesee. I remember seeing Warren Moon and Haywood Jefferies and Bruce Matthews and Chris Dishman and Sean Jones... Ernest Givens. They were my role models..guys I looked up to. Yet their names hang in that bastard of a owner's stadium in a ring of honor that otherwise should have been the Astrodome. Celebrating 40 years....my freaking.....

Besides the fact that Bud Adams is an extortionist and an A-Hole, it pisses me off that we don't have those guys mentioned above as Houston guys!!!! They are now Tennesee players. Thats BS, those are HOUSTON players!!!!!!!!

Norg
12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
i hate the titans and the titan fans has well

Big Lou
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
The kicker was when he made sure the Oilers and its history could NEVER be attached to our city again. And the man still has the nerve to live here.

Titans fans can tell us to get over it, or we are just bitter people.... but tainting a large portion of your childhood memories is a big deal, and good to see those who understand it.

He still lives in Houston?!?!?!

Lets get some folks together and sing Christmas Carols in front of his house and throw molotave cocktails, err I mean have cocktails!!!!!!!!!

He truly is the spawn of Satan. Anybody that would take a football team out of the state of Texas is either dillusional or truly evil.

Dr2bKay
12-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I would love to see those people that HATE Bud Adams to go by his house....I am sure the news stations would show up to report!

Signed,
A Native Nashvillian, but Texans PSL holder...:excited:

powerfuldragon
12-11-2008, 11:50 PM
bud adams is a nashvillain.

euro-Texan
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
I HATE BUD ADAMS and the Titans. I don't have any hate for their fans. I don't really think about them at all. They have already felt the pain of how god hates their owner so much that he lets them show true promomise and get almost all the way to a championship before he lets them fall on their face. I hate to bring up memories of that bills game to fellow Oiler fans, but I knew the karma gods hated Bud when I watched them end up 1 yard short in the super bowl, which had me laughing so hard I almost passed out. They will remain cursed until satan calls his bastard son back down to the firey pitts of hell....

Battle Red Flash
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Bud is the one responsible for the move, yet all of you hate all of us for that?
That's some razor sharp reasoning/logic there.

I dislike the Titans team because of Bud, and the fact he took our team away when he never lost money here. What I really, really dislike are the Titans fans that live in Houston. I can't even fathom their reasoning. It is beyond me. Titan fan in any other state I can understand, but here? Makes no sense at all. The Oilers are gone and dead. The Titans in no way are the Oilers. Bud still owns them, and he stole football from Houston, so he should be hated. The only explanation is they don't have the backbone to root for a young developing team taking their lumps. They must only follow a winning team because they are weak. They will buy Texan gear when they make the playoffs, because they don't have the heart to support a building team. (My theory)

MannyFresh
12-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree, I dislike Titan and Cowboy fan.

False Start
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I hope VY enjoys the view of "his house" from the bench. Maybe Mario can do some celebrating himself in front of the Titans bench in full view of Vince Young.

Check the sig........ :cool: :heh:

BigBull17
12-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Great hate list. Imgetting that way with Genobli. He and Duncan remind me of Malone and Stockton. They believe they have never commited one foul, ever. Ill also add the Overrated State University of Ohio.

God, imagine your line if we had taken VY. You would have Vanden Bosh and Mario at bookends. Yikes. I hope VY enjoys watching the rightful #1 pick of the 06 draft. Its what he and Reggie get for being little bitches on the EA commercial.

powerfuldragon
12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree, I dislike Titan and Cowboy fan.

Cowboy fan is worse than Titan fan from Tennessee, there's not even an argument there. But Houstonian Titan fans seem to be pretty scummy personalities.

False Start
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Great hate list. Imgetting that way with Genobli. He and Duncan remind me of Malone and Stockton. They believe they have never commited one foul, ever. Ill also add the Overrated State University of Ohio.

Cant forget, Detlef Schrempf, Sean Kemp, The Mermaid, and Jeff Hornacek. http://74.86.44.120/phpBB3/images/smilies/violent116.gif

El Tejano
12-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm just tired of getting picked on by them and the Colts and/or letting these guys off the hook when we got them beat. Even if we could consistently split with these guys like we do with the Jags, we would've been in the playoffs long ago.

spurstexanstros
12-12-2008, 01:16 PM
He still lives in Houston?!?!?!

Lets get some folks together and sing Christmas Carols in front of his house and throw molotave cocktails, err I mean have cocktails!!!!!!!!!

He truly is the spawn of Satan. Anybody that would take a football team out of the state of Texas is either dillusional or truly evil.
Yeah I was shocked that he still lived in Houston and doesnt have a permanent TP layer on his house. i hope Mcnair doesnt let him park under the stadium. He should make him park in his old spot in the orange lot. I would kill to see that......Orange lot " Hey, isnt that Bud Adams?" braaaap ....those in Reliant.." Hey...what happened to the power...must have blown another transformer"

bud adams is a nashvillain.
Can we send him UPS.....after all isnt that all they got in Tenn? a UPS hub? or is it fedex?
Cowboy fan is worse than Titan fan from Tennessee, there's not even an argument there. But Houstonian Titan fans seem to be pretty scummy personalities.

Nah trust me Cowboy fans are easy to deal with...they are like roaches...disappear with a can of raid or a loosing streak. They typically frontrun and maybe dificult to deal with when they are good...but they havent been lately so. I dont think Titan fan front runs because out side of moonshining its the only pro sports there.

imatexan
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I dislike the Titans team because of Bud, and the fact he took our team away when he never lost money here. What I really, really dislike are the Titans fans that live in Houston. I can't even fathom their reasoning. It is beyond me. Titan fan in any other state I can understand, but here? Makes no sense at all. The Oilers are gone and dead. The Titans in no way are the Oilers. Bud still owns them, and he stole football from Houston, so he should be hated. The only explanation is they don't have the backbone to root for a young developing team taking their lumps. They must only follow a winning team because they are weak. They will buy Texan gear when they make the playoffs, because they don't have the heart to support a building team. (My theory)

Agreed, that was what I was kind of getting at with my post.

Tailgate
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Yup, Houstonians who live here or even live close to here that even gave them a second of fandom after they left are messed in the head..... ESPECIALLY now that the Texans exist. I mean ask yourself tit fans... how many Cleveland peeps are fans of the Baltimore Ravens now or ever were??? Um.... probably ZERO. If you are a titans fan... then you are a SUCKER being bent over by Bud Adams still. He can take your team away from you and still you support his teams.... he is laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Heck, Bum and Earl don't like the Titans. That's more than good enough for me.

Marcus
12-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Check the sig........ :cool: :heh:

Sigs don't really do much for me, but I LOVE that one.

If the Titans win the Super Bowl, I won't mind it much . . as long as I see a picture of him sulking, by himself, at the end of the bench.

I know it probably makes me a bad person, but nothing made me happier than to see him fall. Nothing really against him personally, but the obsessed man-love of his fans made me want to throw up.

nunusguy
12-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I never had that much of a problem with Bud pulling the Oilers out of town
because I also remember the real villian in that whole situation was the mayor
at the time, Bob Lanier, who did for his very good friend Drayton McClain exactly what Adams was asking of him.

Overalls
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I never had that much of a problem with Bud pulling the Oilers out of town
because I also remember the real villian in that whole situation was the mayor
at the time, Bob Lanier, who did for his very good friend Drayton McClain exactly what Adams was asking of him.

I also don't put all the blame on Dud, but I know he could have done more to stay here. He told us he had to have an Alomodome type stadium and then moves to Nashville for a sweetheart deal in a dump of a stadium while Harris county tax payers are still paying for the renovations to the Dome. It's the VY jock jumpers that get me the most now.

Marcus
12-13-2008, 03:07 PM
I never had that much of a problem with Bud pulling the Oilers out of town because I also remember the real villian in that whole situation was the mayor at the time, Bob Lanier, who did for his very good friend Drayton McClain exactly what Adams was asking of him.

Have to disagree with that one. Bob Lanier, with the exception of noted diehards, was just representing a vast majority of his constituents. There was a genuine apathy, if not downright disgust of Bud Adams' campaign to use tax-payer funds to build a new stadium downtown. His timing couldn't have been more horrible, coming on the heels of the Buffalo comeback, and the threat of moving to Jacksonville. The day the moving vans left, again, except for the 10 to 15 diehard protesters, (there were only that many), the general mood among the Houston population was "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Texans_Chick
12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Have to disagree with that one. Bob Lanier, with the exception of noted diehards, was just representing a vast majority of his constituents. There was a genuine apathy, if not downright disgust of Bud Adams' campaign to use tax-payer funds to build a new stadium downtown. His timing couldn't have been more horrible, coming on the heels of the Buffalo comeback, and the threat of moving to Jacksonville. The day the moving vans left, again, except for the 10 to 15 diehard protesters, (there were only that many), the general mood among the Houston population was "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

No no no.

Yes, the timing was absolutely awful, and the Bud was an extortionist jerk. But Houstonians LOVED the Oilers. We just hated the Bud even when they were winning because he was and is a cheapass embarrassment. When they were losing and he was doing jerky things, it would have taken a battalion of PR dudes to try to get a stadium here. By the time that the Titans deal was done, there was not a damn thing Oiler fans, diehard or otherwise, could do to stop him.

spurstexanstros
12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
All the reason to cause him some pain tomorrow...lets wipe the Tacs off the face of the earth....all of them.... GO TEXANS

Thorn
12-13-2008, 05:30 PM
All the reason to cause him some pain tomorrow...lets wipe the Tacs off the face of the earth....all of them.... GO TEXANS

LOL Damd good post.

SteveSlaton20
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM

hahaha :fans:

Hervoyel
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM

Maybe so but Cowboy fan doesn't come shove scoreboard down our throats twice a year, every year, till the sun burns out.

This crap has to end.

_______
Edit*

Hating the Titans shouldn't require detailed knowledge of their owner and his history with this city. If the 7 years we've been in the AFC South together and the 11 losses to them isn't enough reason to hate them then I don't know what is.

I hate Bud for taking the Oilers away. I hate the Titans because I'm sick of losing to them.

b0ng
12-14-2008, 12:32 AM
There's some pressure on our Texans to win here. This will really test them more than bad weather conditions and rust.

SupDawg
12-14-2008, 04:22 AM

Your loss is our gain. No reason to hate the Titans honestly. You can hate Bud all you want, but you sound bitter to hate the team who you grew up loving. You can still root for the Titans, many of the Titans fans (I should say the true fans) made the move with the Titans from Houston to Nashville.

Let your personal opinion of the owner cloud your judgment.

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Your loss is our gain. No reason to hate the Titans honestly. You can hate Bud all you want, but you sound bitter to hate the team who you grew up loving. You can still root for the Titans, many of the Titans fans (I should say the true fans) made the move with the Titans from Houston to Nashville.

The tacks are not the team we grew up loving. Bud Adams killed the Oilers. We hate Bud and his new team! I hope you did move to Nashville, because that is where tack fans should live. Any Oiler fan that roots for a Bud Adams team is an *****!

Mari-OWNED!
12-14-2008, 04:48 AM
The tacks are not the team we grew up loving. Bud Adams killed the Oilers. We hate Bud and his new team!

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Overalls
12-14-2008, 07:12 AM
The tacks are not the team we grew up loving. Bud Adams killed the Oilers. We hate Bud and his new team! I hope you did move to Nashville, because that is where tack fans should live. Any Oiler fan that roots for a Bud Adams team is an *****!

I agree. Anyone in the state of Texas that still roots for that team is a traitor to the state. I can understand, even if I strongly dislike why the VY jock jumpers root for that team, but for someone within the state that says they were an Oilers fan and still root for the team because it is the same team needs help. If Earl says he does't like the team for what Dud did to us, that is good enough for me.

BullBlitz
12-14-2008, 08:17 AM

No. I'm glad we have a new owner and team, which could have happened unless the perenially disappointing Oilers had left.

I don't miss the Oilers one bit.

infantrycak
12-14-2008, 08:36 AM

I know this is rudimentary, but have you noticed your team doesn't have a little oil derrick on the side of their helmets? It isn't the same team. Retaining the marketing rights, etc. for the memorabilia doesn't magically transform the Tacks into the Oilers. Different teams and no reason for loyalty to the new one.

toronto
12-14-2008, 08:55 AM
I know this is rudimentary, but have you noticed your team doesn't have a little oil derrick on the side of their helmets? It isn't the same team. Retaining the marketing rights, etc. for the memorabilia doesn't magically transform the Tacks into the Oilers. Different teams and no reason for loyalty to the new one.

To me, it's still the same franchise - one that I feel I shed blood for since '78. As much as the owner makes me puke, I just can't shed the team - love 'em more than ever. Somehow I am sure that if I hadn't left Houston in '84, I'm sure I'd hate the Titans too and would have moved over to the Texans....

infantrycak
12-14-2008, 09:04 AM
To me, it's still the same franchise - one that I feel I shed blood for since '78. As much as the owner makes me puke, I just can't shed the team - love 'em more than ever. Somehow I am sure that if I hadn't left Houston in '84, I'm sure I'd hate the Titans too and would have moved over to the Texans....

My perspective is from the outside largely. I grew up in Dallas as a Cowboys fan. As a Texan, I always wanted the Oilers to win if they weren't playing the Cowboys. I just can't see supporting a division rival, Texas traitor, Houston traitor team that ****canned their legacy when they left town. Totally weird that anyone supports them from Houston IMO. The only thing Oilers about the Titans is a dusty basement in Butt Adams' house and possibly his little blue thong with a derrick on the front.

toronto
12-14-2008, 09:08 AM
My perspective is from the outside largely. I grew up in Dallas as a Cowboys fan. As a Texan, I always wanted the Oilers to win if they weren't playing the Cowboys. I just can't see supporting a division rival, Texas traitor, Houston traitor team that ****canned their legacy when they left town. Totally weird that anyone supports them from Houston IMO. The only thing Oilers about the Titans is a dusty basement in Butt Adams' house and possibly his little blue thong with a derrick on the front.

I was dumbfounded myself. I had decided that the only way I would know which team I would support would be when the two clubs played each other for the first time. I found myself in semi-shock when I realized I was still in the Titans' camp.

Still a diehard Astro fan too, guess I'm glad they never moved.

spurstexanstros
12-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree. Anyone in the state of Texas that still roots for that team is a traitor to the state. I can understand, even if I strongly dislike why the VY jock jumpers root for that team, but for someone within the state that says they were an Oilers fan and still root for the team because it is the same team needs help. If Earl says he does't like the team for what Dud did to us, that is good enough for me.

I agree 100% its kind of like Benedict Arnold saying " I am still an American, right?"

Specnatz
12-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Titan Fans Suck ...

http://www.sportsradio610.com/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=540022

Sway
12-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Jeff Fischer is the antichrist.

Sway
12-14-2008, 11:44 AM

GO TEXANS!! :scarygirl:

Mailman
12-14-2008, 11:57 AM

No "true fan" would ever claim eternal loyalty to an owner (and hence, his franchise) who repaid that loyalty with the ultimate sin of abandonment. I wish nothing but the worst for Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans.

You supposed Oiler-cum-Titan-fans make me ill. There is no way you were a real Oilers fan or else you would've felt the deep, sharp pain of K.S. stabbing you in the back when he decided to move the team to Possum Holler, Houstonians be damned.

The Houston Oilers were a very important part of my childhood. I associate many memories of family--my grandpa and favorite aunt in particular--and elementary school friends with the Luv Ya Blue Oilers. I still have a six-pack of Snake Cola somewhere in my mother's attic. I have a box full of Oiler memorabilia in a closet which includes 1979 media guide, Ray Buck's bio of Bum Phillips He Ain't No Bum, an Oiler flag from the late 80's/early 90's autographed by a number of players from those teams, and the most important piece of all--a yellowed scrap of paper (circa 1980) with Earl Campbell's autograph that I got when I was about ten years old. My family used to eat regularly at a old oyster house near the Astrodome. Earl was my absolute hero when I was a kid, and we saw him a few times at this restaurant in his flip flops and cut-off jeans. His thighs were bigger in diameter than my little-kid waist. I remember being in total awe and being too scared and shy to approach him and ask him for his autograph, so my twin sister had to do it for me. He came over and spoke to me, even crouching down so he could look at me eye-to-eye. I was stuttering and stammering and had no idea what to say except "thanks, Mr. Campbell."

I will take that memory to my grave, along with the memory of learning long division the same night of the famous Oilers-Dolphins MNF game when Earl rumbled 80 yds down the sideline for a TD in front of a backdrop of fifty thousand white pompoms, the memory of Vernon Perry's four interceptions against the Chargers in the wild card round, and, of course, Mike Renfro's end zone catch against the hated Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. The HOUSTON OILERS gave me countless memories, and I gave the team everything a loyal fan could give. I never gave up on them, even in the worst years, and that ****ing scumbag owner returned my loyalty by rippng the franchise away from me and changing the name to the Tennessee Titans.

This is how a "true fan" feels.

How many Browns fans in Cleveland root for the Ravens?

False Start
12-14-2008, 11:59 AM
OK, one more time before the game starts......... I hate the Titans (or the Tennesee Titty Babys as my grandma used to call them) :bat:

Mailman
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Smell my finger, Bud.

Your team got owned today.

Hookem Horns
12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by SupDawg

You probably won't see this since I doubt you will be back on this board however just in case, are you serious?

How many people in Cleveland are still rooting for the Ravens? How many people in Baltimore are still rooting for the Colts? How many people in St. Louis do you think are rooting for the Cardinals? Go to any of those cities and not only are they not rooting for their former teams, most despise them. BTW, how many husbands out there would still be supporting their x-wife if she ran off to live in a trailer park with some toothless hillbilly?

Those answers are obvious, so why do you think people in Houston should still be rooting for the Titans?

TD
12-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Your gain is our loss....

Fixed it for you and couldn't agree more.

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Fixed it for you and couldn't agree more.

Even with this win, I still hate the Titans. in an unhealthy kind of way i might add.

spurstexanstros
12-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I hate them and and I am enjoying this so much..victory tastes so sweet

euro-Texan
12-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I hate them and and I am enjoying this so much..victory tastes so sweet

indeed. the kool-aide has extra sugar this week.