PDA

View Full Version : BlazingArrow, BipolarTheTitan, Bulluck53, etc. Where are you guys?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Blazing Arrow
01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Your barking up the wrong tree with that one.

some still remember Mike Renfro non-td catch or don bebee stepping out of bounds among other calls over the years from your franchise and what we lived with at the time

as far as the retaliation goes, that is nothing new in the NFL ...the person retaliating gets hit probably 90 percent of the time with a penalty in the NFL

It amuses me that you think I just became a fan of this team and have not lived through the Come Back or when Elway cut apart the Oilers secondary to only run past the line and drop a ball over the head of the S moving in to tackle him with no call. At least I can rest a little easier because I am not a Raiders fan. Now that team has been privy to several heart breaking calls in the past.

Wolf
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
It amuses me that you think I just became a fan of this team and have not lived through the Come Back or when Elway cut apart the Oilers secondary to only run past the line and drop a ball over the head of the S moving in to tackle him with no call. At least I can rest a little easier because I am not a Raiders fan. Now that team has been privy to several heart breaking calls in the past.

your about far and few between then of a Titan fan that will even recognize the Oilers , but then most titan fans want to talk smack about city of houston and not winning a championship and have binders on their eyes to realize it is part of Dud's franchise that has choked since 1962. (the franchise did have 1960-1961 to look forward to)

Wolf
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Nobody in there right mind thought Dyson was going to make the endzone after the catch. My season died when I saw who McNair was throwing to and where.

what happened to hope in that instance? Even as a fan, you have to admit you where hoping for him breaking a tackle or just taking one more step forward with his momentum to just break the plane

Blazing Arrow
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
what happened to hope in that instance? Even as a fan, you have to admit you where hoping for him breaking a tackle or just taking one more step forward with his momentum to just break the plane

He was headed straight for a S and a LB if I recall correctly. I just did not see it happening at the time.

spurstexanstros
01-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Speaking of which, nothing screams "LOSER" like the spectacle of a fake winner jumping on the bandwagon that we created way back when you were sucking your momma's teet only to come around here and act as if we have no idea what it means to make the playoffs (and lose).

(p.s. spell check works if you use it)

best response ever to the fraud of an organization called the inbred children of Uranus

spurstexanstros
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM

I call BS on that one... cable wasnt widespred in Tenn then no sportscenter...hmmm I am pretty sure MA's still didnt pick up the Houston broadcasts in the same way I really find it hard to believe that Jacksonville( there are fans there) and Nashville ( they still dont know what a Titan is) are more viable NFL cities than San Antonio. ( thank you Jerry)

by your logic I should be a chargers fan because they come here every year trying to get us to build a stadium....

speaking of jacksonville what is over and under on the tarps for next year? and what are the odds that Radio busts out of the "pro bowler" jack daniels's shadow.

Blazing Arrow
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I call BS on that one... cable wasnt widespred in Tenn then no sportscenter...hmmm I am pretty sure MA's still didnt pick up the Houston broadcasts in the same way I really find it hard to believe that Jacksonville( there are fans there) and Nashville ( they still dont know what a Titan is) are more viable NFL cities than San Antonio. ( thank you Jerry)

by your logic I should be a chargers fan because they come here every year trying to get us to build a stadium....

speaking of jacksonville what is over and under on the tarps for next year? and what are the odds that Radio busts out of the "pro bowler" jack daniels's shadow.

You are not very quick are you? Completely disregarding the fact that I have repeatedly mentioned I am from California the games I spoke of were playoff game that are always televised.

BTW logic would be waisted on you.

Wolf
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
You are not very quick are you? Completely disregarding the fact that I have repeatedly mentioned I am from California the games I spoke of were playoff game that are always televised.

so you saw the "good"stuff, and not the days of gifford neilson,oliver luck and crew

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
so you saw the "good"stuff, and not the days of gifford neilson,oliver luck and crew

Giff Neilson & Rob Carpenter rocked!!! *remembers playoff game at San Diego without Pastorini AND WITHOUT Earl*
But you did forget Brent Pease.

Arrow remember Brent Pease???

Wolf
01-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Giff Neilson & Rob Carpenter rocked!!! *remembers playoff game at San Diego without Pastorini AND WITHOUT Earl*

oh my
(I didn't forget about the playoff game :hides:)

gwallaia
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
When I hear the word Pastorini I think flack jacket.

Brando
01-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Replacement player star. How about Eugene Seale?

Wolf
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM

he knocked the hades out of that redskin player in 1989 or so, opening kickoff

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
oh my
(I didn't forget about the playoff game :hides:)

That's funny!!

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:31 PM

Remember him well.. Snotknocker.

Blazing Arrow
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

I'm only 31 so I lived through what I lived through.

Ryan throwing punches, the electric slide, Moon moon and more moon. And knowing those teams it is not hard to see why even with Manning the Colts struggle in the playoffs.

Didn't Pease get drafted into one of the random league that formed?

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:39 PM
didn't pease get drafted into one of the random league that formed?

usfl?? Stupid Cap filter U....S.....F.....L?

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
When I hear the word Pastorini I think flack jacket.

No doubt. First ever.

Honoring Earl 34

Remember who had the 4 ints ?

Texan_Bill

Vernon Perry... THe real hero of that game.

Brando
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Vernon Perry! or Dan Fouts who threw them. :thinking:

Double Barrel
01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Guess they are choosing to ignore the non-safety call when Suggs hit CJ in the endzone and CJ didn't get the whole ball past the plane of the goal before his knee hit the ground.

Completely ignoring that play...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/titanssafety.JPG

How amusing to see Tits fan whining about what they perceive as a "blown call", but only to overlook the glaringly OBVIOUS lost safety. I guess their whine only goes with the cheese that tastes good to them, 'eh?

If the Titans suck as described then Houston must be a black hole.

The Titans are actually an aberration in that they were able to escape the mass suckage that is Houston sports.

See, now you've got your panties in a wad because your 13-3 team completely and unequivocally melted down, so you practice the very double-standard that you report to be intolerant of. When you bring this weak-assed smack, expect inbred jokes to multiply rapidly.

Crow is served by winners not want to be franchises that have spent the last 7 seasons struggling for the allusive winning season. I enjoyed the season and at no point did our fans chicken little like the mess that happened on this board mid season.

You just torpedoed your own take. The Texans have been around for a mere 7 seasons with arguably the toughest expansion deal ever created by the NFL. 7 seasons. That's all.

While your team has had decades to fulfill it's destiny, which is apparently choking whatever and whenever they can.

Both our teams share the lack of a Super Bowl trophy, but for us there is optimism, and for you, it leads to frustration, anger, and despair.

So please continue to vent. It's fun knowing that your owner must feel the same way, and that's always a good thing.

Honoring Earl 34
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM

I read that the Chargers tipped their hand and Perry figured it out .

Texan_Bill
01-13-2009, 05:46 PM

I like to give Perry the credit since Fouts had an illustrious career.

Brando
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I read that the Chargers tipped their hand and Perry figured it out .

I like to give Perry the credit since Fouts had an illustrious career.

No doubt!

Shaft75
01-13-2009, 05:56 PM
guys can we please get back on track with the smack?!?

gwallaia
01-13-2009, 05:59 PM
guys can we please get back on track with the smack?!?

Bud loses again.
And there was much rejoicing!

Shaft75
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Bud loses again.

ty!

SheTexan
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
bud loses again.

amen!!!!!

Brando
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
That's right gwallaia. That's the main thing that Bud lost, first and foremost, another year down the drain for him.:heh:

hookinreds
01-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Eugene was one helluva wedge breaker!

spurstexanstros
01-13-2009, 11:49 PM

Well that would be shocking to me since I got an A in logic.... but good going with the personal insults.....I am sorry if I havent paid attention to every single word that comes out of titan fan.. all I hear is "blah blah front runners...blah blah we have always been a great organization with an established history of 10 years....blah blah we are a sucessful orgtanization..blah we are not rednecks...blah." Its almost like listening to a poor man's version of Cowboy fan.

I have some real logic for ya....will you be purchasing Jaguar or Titan ticks once one or both teams move to LA.

A titan fan in CA what is logical about that? do you root for the grizzlies as well? Logic would dictate that you do not....because Titan fan= front runner...well once they start to win...maybe...you may have to put up lakers jersey...oh then you are just sticking up for your hometown team...

Not too quick and logic wasted please.....if you are going to insult me make it creative....then again just go steal someone else's joke like you stole their team.

spurstexanstros
01-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Wait I forgot....
The Texans beat down the Titans and exposed them as a fraud to the NFL and they are once again exposed as the choke artists as we all have known them to be.

ha ha titans suck

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Well that would be shocking to me since I got an A in logic.... but good going with the personal insults.....I am sorry if I havent paid attention to every single word that comes out of titan fan.. all I hear is "blah blah front runners...blah blah we have always been a great organization with an established history of 10 years....blah blah we are a sucessful orgtanization..blah we are not rednecks...blah." Its almost like listening to a poor man's version of Cowboy fan.

Personal insults :spit:

I have told you more then once and other posters have made the same comments. People should point you out if you never pay attention. Sorry if that hurts you feelings but the reality is you don't.

BTW posts don't talk they are written words so if you are hearing thing .... IDK.

I have some real logic for ya....will you be purchasing Jaguar or Titan ticks once one or both teams move to LA.

Come on you can admit you were drinking when you posted this. Yes the top team in the NFL record wise is on the road to moving. Do you know anything about football or did you just buy a jersey and go to a game now you are an expert. I think a team that has gone 7 seasons without a winning record is more likely to move then a team that just went 13-3 but please don't let the personal insults hurt your feewing.

A titan fan in CA what is logical about that? do you root for the grizzlies as well? Logic would dictate that you do not....because Titan fan= front runner...well once they start to win...maybe...you may have to put up lakers jersey...oh then you are just sticking up for your hometown team...

Yes teams live and die by local fans.

Do I really need to post the definition of delusional?

Not too quick and logic wasted please.....if you are going to insult me make it creative....then again just go steal someone else's joke like you stole their team.

The obvious does not need to be creative just on the point ... which my comment was. If you are insulted maybe you should pay more attention. The stuff has been in my post since the start.

mexican_texan
01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Leave him alone, he's a Spurs fan. Wait, no nevermind...carry on.

Hookem Horns
01-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Winning and losing rarely has anything to do with a franchise relocating. If it did the Oilers would have moved years before they did and teams like the Lions would have moved a few times over.

It's always more to do with politics and greedy owners. The fans are the ones that get screwed.

Relocation is horrible for the league. It waters down tradition and it's hard to take these relocation franchises too seriously. Teams like the Packers, Bears, Giants, Steelers, etc have rich tradition. You relocate them and that is out the window. The Indianapolis Colts threw their storied tradition out the window when they left Baltimore, the same with Rams, Browns, etc.

Of course any tradition the Oilers had built up is gone now, however they had a lot of baggage that followed them to their new city like the underachieving, post season choking etc. Moving didn't change any of that. They move and change their name to the Titans, change the logo, uniform, etc. However it ends up being like putting candied sprinkles on a piece of crap and calling it a brownie. Many of the fans fall for it because now it looks like a tasty new brownie in a brand new wrapper. However it's still just the same old crap as you fans got a good mouthfull taste of last Sunday.

spurstexanstros
01-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Personal insults :spit:

I have told you more then once and other posters have made the same comments. People should point you out if you never pay attention. Sorry if that hurts you feelings but the reality is you don't.

BTW posts don't talk they are written words so if you are hearing thing .... IDK.

I

Come on you can admit you were drinking when you posted this. Yes the top team in the NFL record wise is on the road to moving. Do you know anything about football or did you just buy a jersey and go to a game now you are an expert. I think a team that has gone 7 seasons without a winning record is more likely to move then a team that just went 13-3 but please don't let the personal insults hurt your feewing.

Yes teams live and die by local fans.

Do I really need to post the definition of delusional?

The obvious does not need to be creative just on the point ... which my comment was. If you are insulted maybe you should pay more attention. The stuff has been in my post since the start.

Was I drinking when an entrenched playoff team moved from one of the largest cities to a small town not even touching a million. ? was that rational? It was a move that only made sense to the insane...yet you Titan fans still justify the move as a sound business move.

Just bought a jersey?????? Excuse me!!!!! pay attention and READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.
YOUR TEAM IS MY SLOPPY SECONDS....a shade of its former glory

I grew up going to the Astrodome... you may have heard of it and watched my beloved Oilers of the Moon era. My first game was Oilers vs Dolphins in Marino's second year. At that game I met Earl Campbell.....Tyler Rose....you may have heard of him. Since then I have been hooked on football. I lived and breathed with Moon. Givens, Jefferies, Dishman, White...Cody Carlson's parents lived in the street behind mine. I followed that team with all my soul. I was a ball boy when they were here for training camp
I lived and breathed for those great teams of the 80's and 90's teams who by the way had playoff appearances and the highest scoring offense the league has ever seen. Yet the owner moved a succesful franchise to a backwater berg without a stadium...hmmmmmm. You may not remeber that because it was before you bought your first Titan's jersey.

I know what delusional is :
It is thinking that an owner who has shown loyalty to a buck will be loyal to his diehard fans...you supported them how long? 10 years.... not even close to how long some of us supported the oilers. I dont even know about the pastorini era..other than Earl up the middle Earl to the left and what ever my dad told me about them. The old schoolers have tons of stories about that era, when the players tailgated after the game.
I think it is you who is delusional to think a one and done team is safe. The Oilers did win more than one division title. Not just any division either...the storied AFC Central...playing against names like Bernie, Boomer, Chuck Knoll and others. You go right along thinking they are safe. Soon as LA has a stadium they are gone because bud will take the buck and head to LA. (I believe he has said so...where did I see that?)

Delusional is thinking Radio is the future of your franchise (out of Bud's mouth)

Delusional is not comprehending one's current situation...well your situation is the same as ours...watching other teams in the championship games...shoot I was doing that when I was a kid...However I can not remain in the delusional state like you because they were shattered when my team left.

I am not delusional I have faith.....I have faith in the new owner and management to return the state of Houston football back to its former glory. The Texans are rising and may they one day crush all who get in their way and bring a Title back to the state of Texas...you see we like Championships here in Texas and not just good regular season records.

You didnt hurt my feelings....you got my Battle Red blood boiling...I am Texan and made of a mix of rawhide and Buckee's jerkey. Nothing a frontrunning Tack fan could say could hurt me. Titans suck..end of story.

spurstexanstros
01-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Leave him alone, he's a Spurs fan. Wait, no nevermind...carry on.

How is Tissue Mac working out for ya?.........have yall traded him yet?

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
How is Tissue Mac working out for ya?.........have yall traded him yet?

Ya wanna talk basketball smack, cool. But there's a forum for that.

This here place is for spanking Blazing Arrow. :specnatz:

Brando
01-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Ya wanna talk basketball smack, cool. But there's a forum for that.

Exactly, besides most people on the board wants Tracy cut or traded from the Rockets anyway. The Rockets are a better team without him.

Let's get the thread back on track......

One and done! Titans sink again and Bud's hair piece is floating on the water!!!!!!!!!!

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
One and done! Titans sink again and Bud's hair piece is floating on the water!!!!!!!!!!

A visual of that gave me the willies.... :eek:

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 10:03 AM

Again Bill I hate to tell you I am straight. Flatttered by the attention but you will never get anywhere.

:whip:

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
BTW how did you guys do against Baltimore in the regular season? At least the Titans got a W out of them and did not get 41 points hung on them by a roookie.

Texans suck :thisbig:

Showtime100
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
BTW how did you guys do against Baltimore in the regular season? At least the Titans got a W out of them and did not get 41 points hung on them by a roookie.

We lost pretty bad to them but beat you guys. By your implied logic what does that tell you?

(roookie, is that a first-year muppet or something?)

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Again Bill I hate to tell you I am straight. Flatttered by the attention but you will never get anywhere.

:whip:

Nice try leather boi...

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
We lost pretty bad to them but beat you guys. By your implied logic what does that tell you?

(roookie, is that a first-year muppet or something?)

Muppet would probably be the best word for it ...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/flacco.jpg

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 10:36 AM

True... But we didn't whine about bad officiating and we weren't the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs to lose that same rookie when it counted the most.

Errant Hothy
01-14-2009, 10:40 AM

We lost, but atleast we did without accusing the refs of being out to get us, and without claiming that the Ravens purposly hurt our guys.

Double Barrel
01-14-2009, 10:46 AM

yeah, winning that game was great to get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. See, it works like this: you host the divisional playoff and choke, then everyone goes home to watch the rest of the playoffs. I guess that's homefield advantage for ya'. How's that working out?

You crack me up, man. We Texans fans realize that we are building a team from nothing. We started with zero and had to assemble it all from scratch. These things take time, not that I would expect you to understand.

Your team, on the other hand, went 10-0, the best record in your franchise's history, end up with the NFL best record of 13-3, and what did that get you? A spanking in your own stadium. That's rich, man! I guess beating the Ravens in regular season means so much now, 'eh?

Titans suck :thisbig::thisbig::thisbig::thisbig::thisbig: :thisbig:

Specnatz
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM

Maybe the tinheads thought that was their Super Bowl.

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
True... But we didn't whine about bad officiating and we weren't the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs to lose that same rookie when it counted the most.

Where did I whine about officiating?

But you got routed?

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
You crack me up, man. We Texans fans realize that we are building a team from nothing. We started with zero and had to assemble it all from scratch. These things take time, not that I would expect you to understand.

In that time that you have been building from nothing the Titans have gone through a cap purge and have all but no one from when the Texans came into the league now playing on the team. What have we done? Made the playoffs twice including winning the division and finishing with the best record in Conference. What have the Texans done? Almost got to a winning season.

Double Barrel
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
In that time that you have been building from nothing the Titans have gone through a cap purge and have all but no one from when the Texans came into the league now playing on the team. What have we done? Made the playoffs twice including winning the division and finishing with the best record in Conference. What have the Texans done? Almost got to a winning season.

Your coaching staff, and specifically your head coach, never changed. Get with your history, man.

Do you honestly think the biting sting of seeing your mighty 13-3 team melting down it's homefield advantage will somehow be lessened by trolling a Texans board?

Dude, a WILDCARD team punched your team in the mouth in your own backyard! :spit::whip::chickendance::laughjump:

At the end of the day, your team is no different than ours for the rest of the season. Sitting on their asses, watching the playoffs from their couches! Enjoy!

Errant Hothy
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM

What do you have to show for all that inspired performance? Anything? I mean besides whatever bruises the rookie-QB-lead Raven's left on yor collective ego's.

drewmar74
01-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Dude, a WILDCARD team that hasn't had a bye since week 2 with a rookie QB and a rookie HC punched your team in the mouth in your own backyard! :spit::whip::chickendance::laughjump:

Fixed it for you.

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Your coaching staff, and specifically your head coach, never changed. Get with your history, man.

No our head coach did not change. We have gone through a few OC and are on our second DC.

Do you honestly think the biting sting of seeing your mighty 13-3 team melting down it's homefield advantage will somehow be lessened by trolling a Texans board?

No I don't. I was not going to comment on it at all but Bill went over to my board and practically begs me back. I linked to it. Might want to catch up on the thread before you put your hoof in your mouth.

Dude, a WILDCARD team punched your team in the mouth in your own backyard! :spit::whip::chickendance::laughjump:

Punched us in the mouth? We lost on turnovers that is it. Nothing more. We out played the raven on every level but turnovers.

At the end of the day, your team is no different than ours for the rest of the season. Sitting on their asses, watching the playoffs from their couches! Enjoy!

Difference is our coach has not been broken in since week 8 of the season. While we are out getting beer to take a seat the Texans are headed to Levits to replace there worn out furniture. How is that new leather recliner treating you BTW?

Brando
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Muppet would probably be the best word for it ...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/flacco.jpg

If Flacco is Bert, then the Titans were Big Bird.....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/Cartoons-BigbirdThanksgivingcopy.gif

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
What do you have to show for all that inspired performance? Anything? I mean besides whatever bruises the rookie-QB-lead Raven's left on yor collective ego's.

Texans fans making fun of Titans fans are like 30 year old virgins making fun of a guy who is hooking up with a chunky chick. End of the day we are still getting there.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 12:59 PM

But you got routed?

That wasn't you whining over on gotits.com??? My bad. :rolleyes:

Whats the difference between our getting routed and the Tits losing by 3??

Nothing. Both are losses. :thinking: Oh but wait, we weren't the number 1 seed.

Errant Hothy
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Texans fans making fun of Titans fans are like 30 year old virgins making fun of a guy who is hooking up with a chunky chick. End of the day we are still getting there.

Where? The playoffs? If you go do the playoffs, and don't win a game, do you get some special "playoff participation" ribbon? You achieved nothing, beside adding another epic choke job to the history of the franchise.

Silver Oak
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
titans suck :thisbig::thisbig::thisbig::thisbig::thisbig: :thisbig:

qft

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 01:01 PM

Not really. Maybe that 30 year old virgin has morales and beliefs that don't allow them. Maybe the guy effing the fat chick is a whore himself.

Brando
01-14-2009, 01:03 PM

But you got routed?

With Rosenturnover as the starting QB. Y'all would have been routed if your genius(clear sarcasm) back up QB would have started.

Like I have said a million times, we beat the Titans the last time they met and the Titans have as many playoff victories as the Texans, 0.

We have scoreboard over you until the next time the Titans beat us.

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Not really. Maybe that 30 year old virgin has morales and beliefs that don't allow them. Maybe the guy effing the fat chick is a whore himself.

Is that what you tell yourself at 41?

Errant Hothy
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM

You may have taken the toothless, fat girl home; but you failed to seal the deal.

Blazing Arrow
That wasn't you whining over on gotits.com??? My bad. :rolleyes:

Then link it. I believe I mentioned it one time on GoTitans.

Whats the difference between our getting routed and the Tits losing by 3??

Nothing. Both are losses. :thinking: Oh but wait, we weren't the number 1 seed.

25 points and face?

Shaft75

That's it. BlazingArrow porks chunky chics(and chunky dudes - implied) and the Titans choked...

End of story!

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 01:11 PM

Time to go to school........ yet again.

1. The Texans were required to start the franchise by having to:
A) Spend 40% of their cap figure on the expansion draft alone, or;
B) Select a minimum of 30 players in the expansion draft.

Either / or, put the Texans behind the 8-ball when it came to cap implications. So, please don't talk to us about cap issues.

2. What was your franchise's winning percentage in its first 7 seasons in the NFL?? A: .323. Texans have already eclipsed that.

3. During that time, the Titan's last playoff win was 2003. Oh boy, now that is impressive. :rolleyes:

Class dismissed.

Brando
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/gagcopy.gif

Errant Hothy
01-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Video, set to music, of how Blazing Arrow's night went with the fat girl (or conversly how the Titans night went).

http://www.hulu.com/watch/47604/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-j-in-my-pants#s-p1-st-i1

Texans_Chick
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM

Sometimes you think up analogies that sound really witty in your head, but when you type them down they are really stupid.

This is one of those times.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Then link it. I believe I mentioned it one time on GoTitans.

25 points and face?

Did you whine or didn't you whine?? :secret: whether its one time, or 100 times, its whining.

Whatever. They're scored as "L's"

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Sometimes you think up analogies that sound really witty in your head, but when you type them down they are really stupid.

This is one of those times.

Or maybe you just don't get them. I'll sit down next time I tell you one mmmkay?

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Did you whine or didn't you whine?? :secret: whether its one time, or 100 times, its whining.

Whatever. They're scored as "L's"

No I mentioned the events that happened in the game. I will keep that in mind when mid next season rolls around and the comments about Shammy on his back start spewing out on this board and any other where you think people will listen. I think we might actually have to make a new word for what going to be come out.

Double Barrel
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
No our head coach did not change. We have gone through a few OC and are on our second DC.

Then you stand corrected. Thanks for playing!

No I don't. I was not going to comment on it at all but Bill went over to my board and practically begs me back. I linked to it. Might want to catch up on the thread before you put your hoof in your mouth.

ahhh, I see. It's all TB's fault. Riiiiiiiiiight. :ok:

You still showed up and continue to make and ass out of yourself. I don't think TB is your puppet-master.

Otherwise, you'd be a lot funnier. :shades:

Punched us in the mouth? We lost on turnovers that is it. Nothing more. We out played the raven on every level but turnovers.

I think a no. 1 seed losing to a wildcard team - much less one with a rookie QB and HC - is always a punch in the mouth.

Guess what? That L is still an L, regardless of what color sprinkles you put on it.

Difference is our coach has not been broken in since week 8 of the season. While we are out getting beer to take a seat the Texans are headed to Levits to replace there worn out furniture. How is that new leather recliner treating you BTW?

What are you babbling about? "Broken coach"? Dude, lay off the crack pipe. That so-called "broken coach" still beat your mighty team.

Man, my leather recliner was super comfy for watching your team choke another playoff game, too! Thanks for asking! Hope yours is as comfy for you during the rest of the playoffs. Go Ravens!!

It's more like a 7 year old making fun of the fat, middle-aged bald guy for trying to go to clubs meant for real men. You know the place: AFC Championship Club! The bouncer told your fat ass to quit hitting on the young girls, because you can't dance and your breath stinks! :chickendance:

Brando
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
It's more like a 7 year old making fun of the fat, middle-aged bald guy for trying to go to clubs meant for real men. You know the place: AFC Championship Club! The bouncer told your fat ass to quit hitting on the young girls, because you can't dance and your breath stinks! :chickendance:

Now that's an analogy! Awesome!

I must spread rep..yada yada yada....

OzzO
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
...Difference is our coach has not been broken in since week 8 of the season. ...

Vince wasn't allowed near Fisher since then?

:hobie:

Old School
01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Now that's an analogy! Awesome!

I must spread rep..yada yada yada....
I got it for ya. Damn, that was good!

texasguy346
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM

I think we're being too hard on BA. He worked really hard on that analogy, and frankly I think we got a glimpse of his true feelings regarding his team. The part BA left out is that his team wasn't able to "get it up" for that chubby chick that was the Ravens. He's coming to terms with his & his teams' impotence. Luckily they have pills for that sort of things these days.

http://www.branderectiontabletsviagracialislevitra.com/shop/images/viagra.JPG

Remember if you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours be sure to stay far away form VY or he might try to break out some KY on you. But Blazing Anus knows all too well about that.

Showtime100
01-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I think we're being too hard on BA. He worked really hard on that analogy, and frankly I think we got a glimpse of his true feelings regarding his team. The part BA left out is that his team wasn't able to "get it up" for that chubby chick that was the Ravens. He's coming to terms with his & his teams' impotence. Luckily they have pills for that sort of things these days.

Remember if you have an erection lasting more than 4 hours be sure to stay far away form VY or he might try to break out some KY on you. But Blazing Anus knows all too well about that.

LOL! The boxes sport colors I've seen before. That team wears those colors again?

Brando
01-14-2009, 02:17 PM

That was golden.:tiphat: and Showtime the colors do fit the Titans doesn't it. LMAO.

spurstexanstros
01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I got home early and the game is on nfl replay and well seeing the Titans choke like predicted was just as sweet the second time.

If you listen closely you can hear fans in the stadium...say well at least we have the lady volunteers. Hmmmm I wonder who would win in a fight? a flat in the front Titans ( gutless for you Titan fans) could be Pat Summit. That would be a fight I would pay to see.

Pat Summit in a TKO because grown men in columbia blue tend to choke on a tic tac.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 04:59 PM
No I don't. I was not going to comment on it at all but Bill went over to my board and practically begs me back.

Begged??? Or baited???? :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Begged??? Or baited???? :thinking:

What ever you call it this troll is full from all he has been fed in the last couple of days.

Texan_Bill
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
What ever you call it this troll is full from all he has been fed in the last couple of days.

Comparing the Texans to the Bungles. Nice!!.... We compare the Titans choke jobs to the woman that used to swallow a whole Kiełbasa on the Howard Stern show.

Funny thread that you posted it in too. Your damn fans don't even know NFL history? Divisional opponents?? Really?? No wonder its so easy to beat your fans down in the lamesmack forum over there.

Blazing Arrow
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Comparing the Texans to the Bungles. Nice!!.... We compare the Titans choke jobs to the woman that used to swallow a whole Kiełbasa on the Howard Stern show.

Funny thread that you posted it in too. Your damn fans don't even know NFL history? Divisional opponents?? Really?? No wonder its so easy to beat your fans down in the lamesmack forum over there.

Figured you would like that one. :smiliedance:

Maximus was not saying that he said that he was saying his friend (not a Titans fan) was saying that.

Dread-Head
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I gotta give BlazingArrow, Bipolar and Bulluck some credit. This thread was created to give the guys grief...and they came here and took it. I aint mad at the muff-huggas. They eating crow and checking out the wine list.

BlazingArrow I would rep ya, but I've been told I have to spread it around.

Wolf
01-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry BA but

all I can think of is that Dave chappelle skit with charlie Murphy.. Dave is Prince and he has those Girls around him

And you hear "Prince" say - "You Bore me"(and the ladies leave)
and then asked Charlie Murphy to play b-ball
http://whatuheard.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/_dave_chappelle_as_prince.jpg

:joker:

Shaft75
01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Sorry BA but

all I can think of is that Dave chappelle skit with charlie Murphy.. Dave is Prince and he has those Girls around him

And you hear "Prince" say - "You Bore me"(and the ladies leave)
and then asked Charlie Murphy to play b-ball
http://whatuheard.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/_dave_chappelle_as_prince.jpg

:joker:

That was effin hilarious!

"game... blouses."

Wolf
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
That was effin hilarious!

"game... blouses."

LMAO now i have to watch it
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11927

Texan_Bill
01-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Hilarious. Someone please rep Wolf.

Wolf
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
well at least BA recognizes that the Texans are men
Blazing Arrow

The Moo men seem to have forgotten getting there hind quarters handed to them by the Ravens in regular season 41-13. Tell me which team sucks again?

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=45477&page=5

dang Bill, don't you know stats aren't allowed in a "debate"(using the term loosely LOL
Texan Bill

So, let's compare apples to apples:
Texans first 7 seasons, the winning percentage is .357. Not very good to be sure, but there has been worse.

Oilers / Titans organization in its first 7 seasons in the NFL: .323

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=45477&page=6

Wolf
01-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Eddy

Yea really posting the winning percentages of the Houston Oilers from the 60s is really really stupid. Especially since more Texan fans rooted for the Oilers than Titans fans did. So in a way your probably making fun of your own team, which is easy since every team in Houston stinks.

Alex
Wow, I never realized how sad some Houston people are before reading this thread.

These people that rooted for the Oilers for a large part of their lifetime, and now want to push all the Oilers woes to another city, where the people that live there weren't even Oilers fans.

wow some don't understand the concept of "franchise"

I think that someone needs to point them to the Titan website and show them history section on it so they understand that the Titans have the Oilers in their record books

LIke the Titan fans, they want no part of the past unless it is good.

Texan_Bill
01-15-2009, 04:34 PM

I think that someone needs to point them to the Titan website and show them history section on it so they understand that the Titans have the Oilers in their record books

Eddy

Yea really posting the winning percentages of the Houston Oilers from the 60s is really really stupid.

I didn't even respond to Eddy's comments since its apparent that he has no reading comprehension skillz. I posted the winning percentages of each teams first 7 years in the NFL. The Oilers were in the NFL in the 60's? Really??

Shaft75
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I didn't even respond to Eddy's comments since its apparent that he has no reading comprehension skillz. I posted the winning percentages of each teams first 7 years in the NFL. The Oilers were in the NFL in the 60's? Really??

You will have to forgive the people of TN. Along with getting the Oilers franchise, they got tv, running water, and a reason to watch "that-there foozball on that box that shows pictures."

Getting an NFL team just gave them another excuse to take their sisters and cousins out on a date, besides the usual town square hoedown.

drewmar74
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Hilarious. Someone please rep Wolf.

Done

Exactly. You wanted 'em, well, you got 'em. Take the good with the bad because the whole thing is yours now. Even 41-38... SO THAR!

Texans_Chick
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Or maybe you just don't get them. I'll sit down next time I tell you one mmmkay?

No, I understand what you were saying as it was a pretty straightforward analogy.

You compared the Titans fanbase to guys who think it is some sort of special accomplishment to have carnal relations with overweight females.

Usually, this is when someone pipes up and says, well gee, congratulations, you wanna cookie? But I figure your unfortunate analogy deserves better....

http://n0t.eu/chan/src/1217787693706.jpg

Texan_Bill
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
No, I understand what you were saying as it was a pretty straightforward analogy.

You compared the Titans fanbase to guys who think it is some sort of special accomplishment to have carnal relations with overweight females.

Usually, this is when someone pipes up and says, well gee, congratulations, you wanna cookie? But I figure your unfortunate analogy deserves better....

:spit: repped and I'm still laughing. Thanks Steph!!!

Texans_Chick
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM

Hey, they can repudiate the bad stuff all they want as long as the Houston gets Earl back in our part of the HOF.

Oh wait, that can't happen because Bud Adams is a scumbag. (Reason #85374324 to hate the Titans).

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM

Big talk snipping out pieces and hiding on your own board. Why not man up and post in the thread?

Brando
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Big talk snipping out pieces and hiding on your own board. Why not man up and post in the thread?

Not all of us like to troll.

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Ahh what 24 hours and a thesaurus can do for you. anyways ...

To keep in the analogy ... I would rather be a chubby chaser than his loser classmate that has only seen a woman on TV but loves to fantasize about them all of the time.

A lot of hairy palmed Texans fans it would seem. :specnatz:

Specnatz
01-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Simple, they would ban us because their tiny little brains would hurt because of using logic. You know full well they can dish it out but can't take it.

Dread-Head
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
LMAO now i have to watch it
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11927

"Great game. Wish I could say the same for you...bitches."

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Simple, they would ban us because their tiny little brains would hurt because of using logic. You know full well they can dish it out but can't take it.

I do not know one rival fan that has been banned on GoTitans and several posters on this board post over there all of the time.

infantrycak
01-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Not smack talk here--sure does seem like they limit conversation over there.

Wolf
01-15-2009, 09:15 PM

I use yahoo as an email address on everything and they don't allow that.

spurstexanstros
01-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Again I think it does say Texans talk...I believe Texans fan can say whatever they want about other teams on their board. Hey its just me.

I never understood why go to another teams board and start stuff...until they loose and then disappear till some one calls them out....then act all high and mighty ...hmmmm I guess Ill never understand it.

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Not smack talk here--sure does seem like they limit conversation over there.

You are probably talking about the Nazi's sight. I am not even a member.

my home:
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/

NOTE: All are welcome but keep in mind which part of the board you are posting in. As I do not try to muck up your main forum with the jabs at your team, show the same respect over there or you will be banned and quickly. If you are in the main forum keep it to legitamit football talk.

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I use yahoo as an email address on everything and they don't allow that.

Yeah I had the same issue when I signed up. My email is actually one from three jobs ago and is not even live anymore. Jeff uses that to filter spammers and ghost accounts and if he changes it for one it changes it for all. I have seen some nasty hacks on other message boards that are not as strict so I can understand why.

Blazing Arrow
01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Again I think it does say Texans talk...I believe Texans fan can say whatever they want about other teams on their board. Hey its just me.

I never said he couldn't. I just pointed out how soft it is to log onto a sight cut parts out then run and post them on your home board. His Yahoo email issue is legit so I will I'll let it slide.

I never understood why go to another teams board and start stuff...until they loose and then disappear till some one calls them out....then act all high and mighty ...hmmmm I guess Ill never understand it.

Hmmm who's name started this thread? As a matter of fact I can not recall a single thead I started over here. But please spew your hill billy, inbred nonsense so I can 'start stuff' :rolleyes:

The reason I come on rival boards is to get a different perspective then the talking heads and homers that occupy all teams boards. You guys might be harsh but at least you tell it how you feel.

Plus it is good to know thy enemy.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
But please spew your hill billy, inbred nonsense so I can 'start stuff'

STFU, kiss your sister, errrrrrrrrrrrr wife and go brush your tooth. :whip:

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
STFU, kiss your sister, errrrrrrrrrrrr wife and go brush your tooth. :whip:

No, no, no... Blazing is more of the type to marry his brother.

"On guard!":pirate:

spurstexanstros
01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Where is the smack?

Are you shying away from it because of the Texans streakiness lately?

I don't find it conceivable that you guys would take the high road. It's not in a Tinbred's genetic code.

Hmmm who's name started this thread? As a matter of fact I can not recall a single thead I started over here. But please spew your hill billy, inbred nonsense so I can 'start stuff' :rolleyes:

The reason I come on rival boards is to get a different perspective then the talking heads and homers that occupy all teams boards. You guys might be harsh but at least you tell it how you feel.

Plus it is good to know thy enemy.

I believe OP was calling you trolls out because you guys tend to disappear when the Texans are on a roll and only reemerge to kick us when we are down or come in here to make yourself feel better when you inbred children of Uranus choke yet again. You may not start stuff but your friends often do. I do not need to spew hillbilly inbred stuff...just watch a Titans home game.....if the sound of dueling banjos doesnt pop into your head I would be shocked.

El Tejano
01-16-2009, 12:29 PM

About as good as you guys did trying to beat us in the second game of the season.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 12:43 PM
About as good as you guys did trying to beat us in the second game of the season.

Excuse me??!! The 2008 Titans never had 40+ points hung on there D. That is a complete embarrassment.

Specnatz
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Excuse me??!! The 2008 Titans never had 40+ points hung on there D. That is a complete embarrassment.

Embarrassing is losing at home and being one and done when you had the best record in the league. Embarrassing is the titans players making excuses about losing to Houston by saying it was their Super Bowl http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/sign-blah_blah.gif. When you lose stop acting like a baby and be a man about it, but that Milli Vanilli look-a-like is to much of a whinny ass to do that.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
No, no, no... Blazing is more of the type to marry his brother.

"On guard!":pirate:

True... true. My bad.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 01:36 PM

The embarrassment is being the #1 seed and gagging like a $10.00 crack ho.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 01:38 PM
BTW Arrow, have the Titans fans figured out what the division looks like yet, both pre and post 2002?

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM

You will never be able to discount the fact that the Texans beat the Titans in their best season of franchise history.

Another funny thing is that the Titans choked in their only playoff game in their best season of franchise history, to a rookie QB from Delaware. HA!

I love it!!!:deadhorse

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Embarrassing is losing at home and being one and done when you had the best record in the league. Embarrassing is the titans players making excuses about losing to Houston by saying it was their Super Bowl http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/sign-blah_blah.gif. When you lose stop acting like a baby and be a man about it, but that Milli Vanilli look-a-like is to much of a whinny ass to do that.

You're right maybe next time I will start a thread saying congratulations or something like that after you win (not like Texans fans manned up and did that after the first game) ... :thinking: ... wait a minute I did within an hour of the game finishing. Keep trying though

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
The embarrassment is being the #1 seed and gagging like a $10.00 crack ho.

No really it is not. I would think you would stop with that after Jeff owned you on that very subject over at GT.

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
You're right maybe next time I will start a thread saying congratulations or something like that after you win (not like Texans fans manned up and did that after the first game) ... :thinking: ... wait a minute I did within an hour of the game finishing. Keep trying though

Good try... Your comments were pretty transparent in that thread. You turned into a suck-up, which some of us already knew you were.

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
No really it is not. I would think you would stop with that after Jeff owned you on that very subject over at GT.

copy and paste that link please...

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
You will never be able to discount the fact that the Texans beat the Titans in their best season of franchise history.

Another funny thing is that the Titans choked in their only playoff game in their best season of franchise history, to a rookie QB from Delaware. HA!

I love it!!!:deadhorse

Best season in Titans history? OK set down the bong and drink a cup of coffee.

I would think the other 13-3 season was just as good and the season we went to the Super Bowl I would rank higher. I don't care if you go 8-8 :spit:

if you some how make the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl that trumps other season you did not make it.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 01:51 PM

First off the only thing Jeff owns is gotits.com. I haven't had the opportunity to respond to his second post yet. BUT I will.

Second, yes... yest it is an embarrasment.

Errant Hothy
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM

I'm sorry, but it is. No 1 seeds make their conference championship game. Even when playing against a team led by a rookie HC and a rookie QB.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Good try... Your comments were pretty transparent in that thread. You turned into a suck-up, which some of us already knew you were.

The word you are looking for is classy. Why would I need to suck up? Funny thing is if I had said nothing you would be making the argument that I could not take it and hid on my board. I would rather take the high road and make you look like a heel in the process. Works out better for me that way.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry, but it is. No 1 seeds make their conference championship game. Even when playing against a team led by a rookie HC and a rookie QB.

Only one number 1 seed has won a super bowl in the last something like 10 seasons. NFLN was beating that drum since we clinched. So we are in the same boat as the rest of them.

D-ReK
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Only one number 1 seed has won a super bowl in the last something like 10 seasons. NFLN was beating that drum since we clinched. So we are in the same boat as the rest of them.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u84/thekerosenekid/failboat.jpg

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 02:01 PM
copy and paste that link please...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=453652&postcount=124

But if living in the past somehow makes you sleep a bit better at night about the mediocrity which is the Texans, more power to you.

Classic!

:perfect10:

Errant Hothy
01-16-2009, 02:18 PM

YEs, but most no1 teams make it to the conference championship round. Before this year, only 3 no 1 seeds had lost inthe divisional rounds, and just like the vaunted 08 Titans; those teams choked as well (atleast the fans of those 3 teams didn't lose to a rookie QB and a rokkie HC, though...right?).

Except it, your team choked.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=453652&postcount=124

Classic!

:perfect10:

It's not really worthless, whenever the end result is identical. See, groundhog day happens there in Nashville too. BTW, Earl is honored every year here in Houston by the Texans as are most Oilers of days gone by. We hold fond memories for the players, not the owner / organization. The players were merely employees that happened to work for Satan. We actually find it quite amusing that the likes of Earl and Bum won't have anything to do with that franchise, now.

Sure we're dreaming about our first playoff appearance. Even if that first appearance doesn't go well, we'll be happy. But to compare that experience to a franchise that has a history of collapse (even in its time in Nashville) are two separate animals. A #1 seed, that collapses at home should be an embarrasment. Back to back 8-8 seasons is nothing to be proud of I agree but I remember a certain franchise in that had 3 x 8-8 seasons before making it to a super bowl.

Oh boy Jeff, 7 years is such a large body of work to make statements like "done nothing franchise" is really pretty weak. Exactly where did that "best record" take y'all? Oh that's right, your team will be watching this weekend exactly like the Texans. We didn't make fun of the valedictorian at my school, we just taped him to the goal posts. ;)

We (Texans fans) don't live in the past. We only have 7 years. The only thing we do is make fun of Dud's team, past present and future.

The funniest part about Jeff's post was, he's the best they have over there.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 02:32 PM
YEs, but most no1 teams make it to the conference championship round. Before this year, only 3 no 1 seeds had lost inthe divisional rounds, and just like the vaunted 08 Titans; those teams choked as well (atleast the fans of those 3 teams didn't lose to a rookie QB and a rokkie HC, though...right?).

Except it, your team choked.

Better to choke then to starve as a Moo. Maybe in the 2020's the Texans will have a winning season and you will understand what winning feels like until then I will chuckle at your team not with it.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 02:37 PM

See, reading comprehension is fundamental.... Hoth said conference championship.

Errant Hothy
01-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Better to choke then to starve as a Moo. Maybe in the 2020's the Texans will have a winning season and you will understand what winning feels like until then I will chuckle at your team not with it.

Well, atleast you are admitting that the Titans choked.

Your team's winning season got them as mush as the Texans' .500 season got them...nothing.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 02:41 PM

Enough of that talk. I want to know how y'all think your offense will move the ball this weekend against Pittsburgh. Do you think you'll be able to run the ball effectively?

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
See, reading comprehension is fundamental.... Hoth said conference championship.

And I said super bowl; your point? The two comments are mutally exclusive.
As Double Barrel likes to point out I staw manned it.

I see that you can read Bill it is the coprehension part you are lacking.

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Best season in Titans history? OK set down the bong and drink a cup of coffee.

I would think the other 13-3 season was just as good and the season we went to the Super Bowl I would rank higher. I don't care if you go 8-8 :spit:

if you some how make the playoffs and get to the Super Bowl that trumps other season you did not make it.

Even better! The Texans took away the your best record in franchise history. Priceless!

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 02:56 PM
And I said super bowl; your point? The two comments are mutally exclusive.
As Double Barrel likes to point out I staw manned it.

Ummm, I think you're lost man. Again, Hoth said #1 seeds make it to their conference Championships. You know that game that the Titans will be watching from their couch this weekend? He didn't say anything about making it to the Super Bowl, let alone winning it. :gun:

PS. I can spell. ;)

gwallaia
01-16-2009, 02:56 PM

Bravo! Well Done!!

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 03:03 PM

What?

That means two people prehensing, right?

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Uh oh ... grammar police are out!

Specnatz
01-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Actually, that would be the spelling police not the grammar police.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Actually, that would be the spelling police not the grammar police.

I thought the spelling police were a special unit like the SWAT teams?

Mailman
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM

You just now noticed? I advised you of the wonders of spell check two days and seven pages ago. I normally let these things slide but your spelling/typing is a tairnwerck.

D-ReK
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM

More like:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/reno911-lennon-interview-1.jpg

Hmmm...he's wearing Titan's colors.

...and sporting the classic Jeff Fischer porn-stache.

gwallaia
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM

Yeah, normally I don't pick on spelling because I'm not the greatest speller myself. But there are instances where certain words really need to be spelled correctly to get your point across effectively. You have to admit, that was one of them.

Otherwise, you look quite foolish.

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM

At least the spelling police don't fold under pressure.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:19 PM
You just now noticed? I advised you of the wonders of spell check two days and seven pages ago. I normally let these things slide but your spelling/typing is a tairnwerck.

Yes you are the first person and this is the first board that someone has called out my spelling ... :rolleyes:

I'm a math guy and spell check is not part of the posting window.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, normally I don't pick on spelling because I'm not the greatest speller myself. But there are instances where certain words really need to be spelled correctly to get your point across effectively. You have to admit, that was one of them.

Otherwise, you look quite foolish.

I try ...

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes you are the first person and this is the first board that someone has called out my spelling ... :rolleyes:

What's the integral of x^2?

Give me the quadratic equation...

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM
What's the integral of x^2?

Give me the quadratic equation...

You already pulled this about a year ago. I'm not going to do your math homework for you.

Texans_Chick
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
What?

That means two people prehensing, right?

I'm not sure what prehensing is, but given certain Titan fan's preoccupations, I am guessing it has something to do with this....

/not trying to pile on
//just giving providing Titan fans the sort of picture that apparently revs up their libido
///BA, step away from the analogies
////files this away in the Things That Are Wrong folder

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
More like:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/reno911-lennon-interview-1.jpg

Hmmm...he's wearing Titan's colors.

...and sporting the classic Jeff Fischer porn-stache.

Rep for tracking down a picture of Blazing Arrow.

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Rep for tracking down a picture of Blazing Arrow.

Don't make me search the archives for an old picture that I have of him.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM

NOT no, but F... NO!!!!

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure what prehensing is, but given certain Titan fan's preoccupations, I am guessing it has something to do with this....

/not trying to pile on
//just giving providing Titan fans the sort of picture that apparently revs up their libido
///BA, step away from the analogies
////files this away in the Things That Are Wrong folder

Someone fix the record it is skipping. You know repeating the same thing over and over because that is all you got does not make it funny but I applaud the effort.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM

Like you have to look it up. You probably use it as wall paper and kiss your comp screen goodnight each evening.

Specnatz
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Someone fix the record it is skipping. You know repeating the same thing over and over because that is all you got does not make it funny but I applaud the effort.

Then why do you do it so often?

Mailman
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn

Balzing Arrow with the pwnage! Are you gonna take that lying down, TC?

spurstexanstros
01-16-2009, 04:02 PM

No they just had one player hang 200 plus yards on them

In fact I think Corty Finnegan stilll wakes up screaming " No Andre please dont, please it hurts":

Texans_Chick
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM

So what you are saying is that you wish that I would have put up a picture of another large woman?

Go to the Googles and find your own dates.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
So what you are saying is that you wish that I would have put up a picture of another large woman?

http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/remember_the_titans/donald_faison/titans.jpg

Petey Jones: "Sunshine's from California...."

Dread-Head
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
http://l.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/remember_the_titans/donald_faison/titans.jpg

Petey Jones: "Sunshine's from California...."

I can't see him anymore without seeing Zach Braff in my head....

HOU-TEX
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM
letz not 4get that blazingairoh wented 2 a skool that woodint eevin loock at moast uv us. heez tha goodust uv ahll uv yoos peepul.

El Tejano
01-16-2009, 04:19 PM

It's not really that embarrassing considering our record at the time. We were 3-5. We were supposed to lose. Losing sucks and appearantly we got beat by a team that was even better than yall.

You were 12-1 and you lost to us. Then you had home field advantage and your players were quoted as saying "The road to The Super Bowl comes through Tennessee". Then you lost. That's embarrassment.

What's even more embarrassing is how you still come on to a Texan board when your team is long and gone away from the playoffs for you to be able to say anything. All your "great season" did was get you one more game.

D-ReK
01-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Might I suggest:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3602/fatunderdresscopygc8.jpg

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn

Balzing Arrow with the pwnage! Are you gonna take that lying down, TC?

Setting me up to make a comment that probably would get me banned. You're all creative you can figure it out.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Setting me up to make a comment that probably would get me banned.

C'mon... I triple dog dare you... :cowboy1:

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Didn't we already hear this part of the song?

:thinking:

Maybe you should bust out the dolls again and then talk about it in every thread you post in ... you know so that gets funny too.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 04:49 PM
No they just had one player hang 200 plus yards on them

In fact I think Corty Finnegan stilll wakes up screaming " No Andre please dont, please it hurts":

There it is again Texans fan logic where yards are more valuable then points. No wonder you guys can't win more then you lose.

Brando
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Might I suggest:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3602/fatunderdresscopygc8.jpg

That looks like Peter King.

Texecutioner
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
How on earth is this thread still going? idonno:

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
There it is again Texans fan logic where yards are more valuable then points. No wonder you guys can't win more then you lose.

Those 200+ yards translated to a win. It's implied. I guess everything needs to be spelled out for you, huh?

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
It's not really that embarrassing considering our record at the time. We were 3-5. We were supposed to lose. Losing sucks and appearantly we got beat by a team that was even better than yall.

You were 12-1 and you lost to us. Then you had home field advantage and your players were quoted as saying "The road to The Super Bowl comes through Tennessee". Then you lost. That's embarrassment.

What's even more embarrassing is how you still come on to a Texan board when your team is long and gone away from the playoffs for you to be able to say anything. All your "great season" did was get you one more game.

I guess you are right it is not embarrassing when losing comes naturally to you.

If the Ravens end up winning the Super Bowl what does that say about us?

If it’s such an embarrassment don't read my posts; pretty simple solution. I am in one thread. But you can admit it amuses you … why else would you be in here?

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Those 200+ yards translated to a win. It's implied. I guess everything needs to be spelled out for you, huh?

yes a win not an utter pounding. 28 points lol.

gwallaia
01-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Speaking of Fat Chicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc-uZuBaceQ

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM

A "W" is a "W" is a "W". I don't care what the numbers on Reliant's scoreboard read, as long as it meant "W". Besides that, your defense is supposed to be the shizzle and AJ embarrassed your secondary.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Speaking of Fat Chicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc-uZuBaceQ

Ha!! That's funny!

Texecutioner
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM

Where is BiPolar The Titan?

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
A "W" is a "W" is a "W". I don't care what the numbers on Reliant's scoreboard read, as long as it meant "W". Besides that, your defense is supposed to be the shizzle and AJ embarrassed your secondary.

Our secondary in that game was actually homeless people we picked up on the bus right down. Fisher figured he would give the team a break. He underestimated your Moo-mentum.

Texan_Bill
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Our secondary in that game was actually homeless people we picked up on the bus right down. Fisher figured he would give the team a break. He underestimated your Moo-mentum.

So that's where y'all picked up that fake-ass Irishman!!!

Shaft75
01-16-2009, 06:23 PM

:spit:

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 06:52 PM

You got an issue with the Irish? :bat:

Specnatz
01-16-2009, 07:39 PM

You got an issue with the Irish? :bat:

Nope, just the fake ones that are afraid to fly.

Blazing Arrow
01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Nope, just the fake ones that are afraid to fly.

Pretty sure Fini could stuff you into his shoe if he so desired.

DBCooper
01-16-2009, 08:36 PM

Only if it was a cheap shot.

Bipolar The Titan
01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
How on earth is this thread still going? idonno:

i have no idea. idonno:

Brando
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM

He can barely stuff his big ass ears in his helmet.

http://www.titanspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cortland-finnegan.jpg

Specnatz
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM

So are you trying to be internet tough guy for the cheap-shot fake Irishman? I guess when you have nothing to say you can use the whole my boyfriend can beat you up line.

Shaft75
01-17-2009, 12:11 AM
He can barely stuff his big ass ears in his helmet.

http://www.titanspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cortland-finnegan.jpg

I remember when Andre straight up slapped that little smile off his face. Little fake ass Irishman!

spurstexanstros
01-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Well in the game Andre hung 200 on your d the Texans won....how bout that logic?

bottom line we all said that the Texans exposed the Titans as a fraud of a one dimensional offensive team...take away the run and their idea of a big play is handing it off to a fat man or having jack collins throw it 10 yards. Not too effective.

No one ever said your d wasnt good...(well next year it will suck with no haynesworth and no scwartz )but we did say your team will not make it past the first game.

Brando
01-17-2009, 01:01 PM

Just because you need a little help........

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww49/texanbrando/spellcheck.jpg

:tiphat:

Shaft75
01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Expecting no response in t-minus 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

spurstexanstros
01-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Hmmmm I wonder if it knows how to spell terpitude...(running joke)

Blazing Arrow
01-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Hmmmm I wonder if it knows how to spell terpitude...(running joke)

Seriously your smack is softer then Shaft at a tity bar. Please save us both your embarrassment and go back to to the rock you crept out from.

Bulluck53
01-18-2009, 09:27 PM
OK, I'm out of mourning. Well, to be honest, I think I just recovered from last Saturday night, I did a number on my liver. :lol:

I cannot watch that AFCCG, someone want to tell me who's winning and how much time is left?

And I'm not going to read the 15-pages or so since the last time I posted in this thread. I assume it is filled with mocking and excuse making? What can I say other than yall were right? I can rest easy tonight if the Ravens lose, though. Give me about ten minutes and I'll tell yall exactly why we lost....

spurstexanstros
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously your smack is softer then Shaft at a tity bar. Please save us both your embarrassment and go back to to the rock you crept out from.

actually this would be the rock I crawled out of...or was it other site ... I forget where it started....this was the mainsite but they separated or something so I now have two and three rocks to live in.

You came here because it is better than your triple wide....just like my team is better than yours.

Texan_Bill
01-19-2009, 01:19 PM

http://croatia.org/crown/content_images/novak_vladimir/part1/mrclean1.jpg

Mr. Clean likes tity bars, Texan_Bill likes titty bars.

Brando
01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
http://croatia.org/crown/content_images/novak_vladimir/part1/mrclean1.jpg

Mr. Clean likes tity bars, Texan_Bill likes titty bars.

LMAO! Someone called my name? :worm:

Bulluck53
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
OK I read most of it.

So from this thread I learned that everyone in Nashville likes bigger women?

And what better place to go to find that bigger woman than the state that is home to three of the fattest cities in America? (Houston is 6th) http://news.aol.com/health/article/miami-is-fattest-us-city-magazine-finds/306192

Just sayin...

spurstexanstros
01-19-2009, 05:41 PM
OK I read most of it.

And what better place to go to find that bigger woman than the state that is home to three of the fattest cities in America? (Houston is 6th) http://news.aol.com/health/article/miami-is-fattest-us-city-magazine-finds/306192

Just sayin...

Once the concept of a scale catches on in Nashville that may change.... Also in Tenn they get excercise hunting for the Manbearpig...burns alot of calories. You got us there.

Double Barrel
01-19-2009, 05:45 PM
OK I read most of it.

Just sayin...

That's just because the women from your state can't eat solid food. You know, the one tooth problem. ;)

Bulluck53
01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Haha, yea genetics are a crazy thing.

Shaft75
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Haha, yea genetics are a crazy thing.

Especially when they are formed from the same gene pool. :kingkong:

imatexan
01-19-2009, 06:49 PM
OK I read most of it.

Just sayin...

With Miami at number 1 that does not hold anything.

Specnatz
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
With Miami at number 1 that does not hold anything.

Little old ladies from New York do not exercise much.

Bulluck53
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Especially when they are formed from the same gene pool. :kingkong:

We're on the same page :beer:

spurstexanstros
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
We're on the same page :beer:

Its good to see good natured ribbing back here bullock... unlike your friend Blazing "miss the point" Arrow you seem to not get too pissed and just give some back. good smack.

speaking of which ..if someone says gene pool, in the same sentance as one tooth again...they owe me a new computer...I alost spewed the soda on it.

At least yall didnt add..yall got a purty mouth...then I would have lost it. Good stuff.

BA its just smack get over it...bring it stronger.

Bulluck53
01-20-2009, 12:28 AM
BA knows its all in fun. I can get worked up too if you push the right buttons, we all can. I understand his frustration as I would have been the same way had I come back here last week.

You guys will understand someday :)

Sorry, I had to.

Double Barrel
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
BA knows its all in fun. I can get worked up too if you push the right buttons, we all can. I understand his frustration as I would have been the same way had I come back here last week.

You guys will understand someday :)

Sorry, I had to.

We knew playoff football when Tennessee wasn't even on the NFL's radar. Houston has been an NFL city for decades before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.

What we also understand is what it's like to have a talent-laden team consistently choke. Fortunately (for us), y'all wanted that historically choking franchise.

The powers that be in the NFL knew that Tennessee fans have short attention spans and wouldn't be able to understand the difficulties of building an NFL team from the ground up. That's why y'all were never in contention for an expansion team.

Blazing Arrow
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
We knew playoff football when Tennessee wasn't even on the NFL's radar. Houston has been an NFL city for decades before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.

What we also understand is what it's like to have a talent-laden team consistently choke. Fortunately (for us), y'all wanted that historically choking franchise.

The powers that be in the NFL knew that Tennessee fans have short attention spans and wouldn't be able to understand the difficulties of building an NFL team from the ground up. That's why y'all were never in contention for an expansion team.

Seems nor do the Houston fans. Seven years and counting for magical #9 ...

Double Barrel
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Seems nor do the Houston fans. Seven years and counting for magical #9 ...

And Houston is still selling out every game. Do you honestly think the fans in Tennessee would do the same under these circumstances? I think they'd be experiencing their second year of blackouts after the guaranteed sellouts expired.

I'm asking you to be objective (for once :shades:), since your allegiance is really to the franchise and not to the hometown or region that they play in. You really have no reason to defend people in Tennessee. After all, Slug could hypothetically move again and make them the South Park Titans (or wherever) and you'd still be a fan. Right?

Hookem Horns
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
... before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.

LOL, I don't know why but that sentence struck me as very funny.

Blazing Arrow
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
And Houston is still selling out every game. Do you honestly think the fans in Tennessee would do the same under these circumstances? I think they'd be experiencing their second year of blackouts after the guaranteed sellouts expired.

I'm asking you to be objective (for once :shades:), since your allegiance is really to the franchise and not to the hometown or region that they play in. You really have no reason to defend people in Tennessee. After all, Slug could hypothetically move again and make them the South Park Titans (or wherever) and you'd still be a fan. Right?

That is hard to say really. When I went this season for MNF there were plenty of fans. Granted we were playing well and it was a nationally televised game. I think it would be hard for any small market team that struggles to get a large enough fan base to sell out games. On the other hand if you are in a large market like Houston it is a lot easier to sell out games because corporations buy up tickets to give to potential customers.

The 9ers are a good example. They sell out every game but have not had a really dominate team in a long time. Do you think that is a bunch of 9er die hards buying up those tickets?

Bulluck53
01-20-2009, 04:45 PM

yea yea...

Shaft75
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM

:goodpost:

Bipolar The Titan
01-21-2009, 09:14 AM

after losing the divisional playoff in Foxborough during the 2003 post season 2004 brought roster cuts and injuries abounded. 2005 was more of the same and as you know in two seasons the Titans managed to win only 9 games. They lost their qb and completely had to rebuild the team... but they sold out the stadium... and they are still selling out the stadium...

now, this may be smack forum, and that's all good, but I'm not trying to smack talk so much as I'm trying to ask you... what are these guaranteed sellouts that you are talking about? The Titans psl's are sold out and there is a waiting list. Brokers own a good chunk so singles can be bought on the open market but the only thing that drives Titan ticket sales is demand. I would just like a clarification of what a "guaranteed sellout" is. What is so different about Houston's circumstances? Tennessee is hit and miss with draft picks... we have had three consecutive non-winning seasons in the past several years... history has shown that Titan fans can weather the bad times... I'd like to understand your point. I just don't see it on the backdrop of what has actually happened... as your post is on the hypothetical vein... but it's close enough to the actual reality that transpired.

Bipolar The Titan
01-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Memphis lost their bids and Nashville never made one for the fact that the market here is relatively small compared to that of mega markets like Houston, Philadelphia, New York, etc... The advertising data suggests that more money could be made in a place that has more metro population... Charlotte and Jacksonville are good examples of good expansion candidates with larger markets.

Nashville is a bit smaller... But so is Green Bay and Indianapolis... so it can stand to reason that a team could work... but if you want the biggest bang for the buck... the largest market is the best place to locate a new team and that is what the NFL office concerns themselves with.

The team that arrived in Nashville was a bit pre-built. That was fortunate for it's new fans... but that team was blown up... "to the ground level" so to speak... through the draft, cap management and free agency it's a good team again... not good enough to win the conference but good enough to win 10+ games the last couple of seasons. So again, what you say can't happen did happen. The team was built from the ground up. You don't get much closer to the ground than (4-12).

I can understand plenty. The idea that someone can't understand something because they live a few hundred miles this way or that way is ridiculous. This is America. As diverse a people we are geography doesn't divide us. To say I can't understand something as simple as building a football team because I live in Tennessee only serves to make you look silly. Now if you want to talk horror of a hurricane... that's something different entirely because that's something you experience as a region... but I pay for football tickets and watch games in the stadium the same as you. I will continue to buy tickets even if the team has ups and downs. I'm a living example that your post is just wrong.

Double Barrel
01-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Understanding the rules of football, and rooting for a great team that was delivered to you, is much, much different than watching and believing in a team that was built from the ground up.

Perhaps you are the exception to the rule, but I doubt the majority of your compadres would support a team with sold out stadiums for 7 years in a row, especially if that team did not automatically produce a winning season.

The Super Bowl appearance - you know, the one with many of the players that you inherited from the Houston Oilers - has kept the goodwill of Titans fans through a losing season or two. But to even act like that is the same as the obstacles of an expansion team is downright ignorant, if not outright stupid. Reading about it on a screen is not the same as living it. You might be able to empathize, but this is not the same as being able sympathize.

See, how that works is we can sympathize with having a great team that chokes out in the playoffs. So we do have that in common.

spurstexanstros
01-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Memphis lost their bids and Nashville never made one for the fact that the market here is relatively small compared to that of mega markets like Houston, Philadelphia, New York, etc... The advertising data suggests that more money could be made in a place that has more metro population... Charlotte and Jacksonville are good examples of good expansion candidates with larger markets.

Nashville is a bit smaller... But so is Green Bay and Indianapolis... so it can stand to reason that a team could work... but if you want the biggest bang for the buck... the largest market is the best place to locate a new team and that is what the NFL office concerns themselves with.

The team that arrived in Nashville was a bit pre-built. That was fortunate for it's new fans... but that team was blown up... "to the ground level" so to speak... through the draft, cap management and free agency it's a good team again... not good enough to win the conference but good enough to win 10+ games the last couple of seasons. So again, what you say can't happen did happen. The team was built from the ground up. You don't get much closer to the ground than (4-12).

I can understand plenty. The idea that someone can't understand something because they live a few hundred miles this way or that way is ridiculous. This is America. As diverse a people we are geography doesn't divide us. To say I can't understand something as simple as building a football team because I live in Tennessee only serves to make you look silly. Now if you want to talk horror of a hurricane... that's something different entirely because that's something you experience as a region... but I pay for football tickets and watch games in the stadium the same as you. I will continue to buy tickets even if the team has ups and downs. I'm a living example that your post is just wrong.

I think you misunderstand smack running with our actual perceptions of the NFL landscape. Most fans of the former team know exactly what went down and why you got a team. ( Crazy man took bribes and Jerry Jones) We know that it makes no sense why cities like Nashville and Jacksonville and even charlotte have teams. NFL teams can work in smaller markets, even expansion teams, but it helped the Titans to have an existing franchise that has had a stable foundation since the days in Houston. Moving from Houston wasnt smart but keeping the Buddy Ryan puching bag was. That enabled the tacks to weather the storms.
The Texans have faced nothing but storms since they started....the Tacks may have "blown up from the ground level" but they did it slowly over time. Rebulding and building are different things.The Texans had to start from scratch buillding from the ground level and over time (and a lot of bumps in the road) they have constructed a good foundation for a strong team for years to come. In most cases expansion teams take some time to succeed ( Carolina and Jax are exceptions) As we like to point out to Cowboy fan it took them 10 years till they became a playoff team.
We arent saying just because you live in Tennesee you dont know anything....you just have short term memories and selective ones at that.

The past is the past and you got the curse of the Bud and the Texans are our team now and they are rising to be the best in the league. Indianapolis has a new coach and they are getting old...Jacksonville is a disaster the Tacks have lost their d coordinator and soon best defensive lineman and possibly trade their #3 pick benchwarmer. Things are looking good for the Texans to make a move.
The old team may have had limited success in their new outhouse, but the new crib is going to see better days. So go listen to your classical banjo music and think what would Dale do? That or hunt for manbearpig...or watch cops to see your neighbors...whatever you do in the offseason. ( hey this is the smack area)

Shaft75
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
See, how that works is we can sympathize with having a great team that chokes out in the playoffs. So we do have that in common.

Not anymore. We started with a clean slate.

One thing that you can consistently learn from is history. It ALWAYS repeats itself. The Titans may not make it to the playoffs every year, but win they do, they never win. It's a sad year for Titan's fans...

Bipolar The Titan
01-21-2009, 07:52 PM
nice answers guys. I didn't know spurstexanstros was capable of such sane sounding posting. All I really have to add is a big "hey, whatever"... I guess rebuilding a team and starting an expansion team are different.. I don't really buy into any curse. It's pure coincidence that the Titans have been sent home from the post season six times since relocating to Nashville.

As for Jim Schwartz, he won't be missed by A LOT of Titan fans and I for one won't be the least bit upset if they let Albert walk. He's too expensive and not worth the risk. I don't want the team to tie that much money in one guy. I really think he's going to have a big slump once he gets his money.

And Shaft, how can you apply that history repeats itself? That's like saying Houston will never make the playoffs... I don't believe that.

imatexan
01-21-2009, 11:36 PM
nice answers guys. I didn't know spurstexanstros was capable of such sane sounding posting. All I really have to add is a big "hey, whatever"... I guess rebuilding a team and starting an expansion team are different.. I don't really buy into any curse. It's pure coincidence that the Titans have been sent home from the post season six times since relocating to Nashville.

As for Jim Schwartz, he won't be missed by A LOT of Titan fans and I for one won't be the least bit upset if they let Albert walk. He's too expensive and not worth the risk. I don't want the team to tie that much money in one guy. I really think he's going to have a big slump once he gets his money.

And Shaft, how can you apply that history repeats itself? That's like saying Houston will never make the playoffs... I don't believe that.

That is not like that at all.

Wolf
01-21-2009, 11:39 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Titans quarterback Kerry Collins will make his second Pro Bowl trip as a replacement for Brett Favre.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqDsxjqa9Wn2G2G7_HXtrFQLubYF?slug=ap-probowl-collins&prov=ap&type=lgns

Congrats
:howdy:

Blazing Arrow
01-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Oh no he spoke of the curse ... shhh .... shhh ... non shall speak of the curse!

I think he is underrated but in no way do I think he is even in the top 20 of DC's. I think a new flavor would take this team from a solid D to a D that you are scared to play every time you face them.

I think AH will sign ... and a more agressive DC will put us into the elite.

Oh know it is real! :evilb:

Wolf
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM

one of the biggest problems for the Texans was depth when starting from scratch.. Lots of street free agents were 2nd string and on (and some were 1st) .. Drafting wise, Casserly was too much into the "potential" when drafting, Boom or Bust drafting by Casserly, He gambled early and lost. Along with a new team, you have to pay a little more than market to secure FA's
Along with his Square peg -round hole drafting versus coaching philosophy (example, Capers wanted strong defense and run game) but drafting wise we seem to draft differently)

I am not defending what the Texans did but just saying

on a side note, I wonder what the release/"re-sign by another team" ratio was for the Texans and their ex-players they dropped early in the franchise history

spurstexanstros
01-22-2009, 12:19 AM

Hmmmm thanks I guess....I did spend hours writing it on my big chief before posting.
My sound posts are usually in threads that dont involve someone attacking my team. Tack and Jag , Cowboy fans rarely give me reason to logically respond to an argument. I usually do..but for the most part too busy looking down their noses at us to listen to reason.

NFL markets and why certain cities have football teams and others do not is something I have done alot of research on. Mainly because I cant understand why cities like Jacksonville , Nashville, Charlotte have teams and San Antonio doesnt. There is no reason why the 7th largest city in the US does not have a team, All market research show that SA is a capable arena to support football.SO when you or other Titan or Jag fans pat themselves on the back for being great markets...you need to understand the reason why some cities have teams is not always based on economics...but on the actions of spoiled rich men who will do anything to get their way.(what else can explain leaving the 4th largest city for a small town) The reason I point that out is if for one second you believe that Bud will stay loyal to you or that the league wont put someone in LA if a stadium is there...you are misguided. Like it or not the Titans are on the short list for relocation. If he moved the team from his home town ( yes he still llives there) he will do it to yall

Bulluck53
01-22-2009, 12:24 AM
The Titans are not on the short list for relocation. Dumbest comment I've heard on this board. We have sold out every game the last ten years and have a substantial waiting list for season-tickets.

Come on...

spurstexanstros
01-22-2009, 12:35 AM
The Titans are not on the short list for relocation. Dumbest comment I've heard on this board. We have sold out every game the last ten years and have a substantial waiting list for season-tickets.

Come on...

Hmmm why didnt that stop them from moving Cleveland, Colts, Cardinals, Oilers, Rams, Raiders, Saints. Teams with established franchises and avid fan bases.
If you think yours is safe..you are kidding yourself.

Owners dont care...yours especially.
The moment LA decides to have a stadium.... few teams are "safe" from relocation.

From what I have heard there are some surprising teams that are on possible relocation watches. San Diego, Detroit, Jacksonville Tennesee, Miami( new owner makes that unclear). I got this from a reporter friend who was doing a story on teams relocating and liklihood of SA getting team.

imatexan
01-22-2009, 02:01 AM
I dont think the titans are going anywhere

Only chance I see of a team moving is Jax.

DiehardChris
01-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I think the Minnesota Vikings will move to Los Angeles in 2011.

The Titans aren't going anywhere, c'mon.

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
That is not like that at all.

do what???

first, I'm unclear on what exactly you are referring to but I assume it has to do with the notion that the Titans will never win a Super Bowl because they have never done it before as it's history repeating itself. To that I'm saying that's as ridiculous as saying the Texans will never make the playoffs because they have never done it before. It's a total parallel. It makes total sense.

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:00 PM

The Titans aren't going anywhere, c'mon.

don't they have a stadium plan once the Metrodome lease runs out?

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Hmmm why didnt that stop them from moving Cleveland, Colts, Cardinals, Oilers, Rams, Raiders, Saints. Teams with established franchises and avid fan bases.

the Saints? Does this have something to do with the 2005 season? Isn't that a stretch throwing them in with that group?

DiehardChris
01-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Far as I know, every single attempt at public money for a stadium for the Vikes has been HARSHLY shot down.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM

I think so.....

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/images/vikings08950.jpg

Vikings Stadium (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/VikingsStadium.htm)

From a site that I found a while back to embarrass some Titan fan that posed the question, "what inbred Architect designed a stadium that the roof couldn't withstand a huricane?" Stadiums of the NFL (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/)

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
There is no reason why the 7th largest city in the US does not have a team
Maybe McNair and Jones could do without the competition. Do you really think either of those guys would be in favor or San Antonio having a team?

Besides, while I think a franchise could survive there it would take a far better facility than the Alamo Dome to get it done. Even the Spurs got the AT&T Center.

DiehardChris
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I think so.....

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/images/vikings08950.jpg

Vikings Stadium (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/VikingsStadium.htm)

From a site that I found a while back to embarrass some Titan fan that posed the question, "what inbred Architect designed a stadium that the roof couldn't withstand a huricane?" Stadiums of the NFL (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/)

Yes, of course there are artist renderings and plans - but find me where they've even made a DENT in getting public financing for it? I can't find it anywhere. The taxpayers have voted multiple times against publicly funding a stadium... and their owner isn't going to pay for it himself.

From the same link you provided above:

The construction of this facility is contingent on funding from the Minnesota State Legislature. Both the Vikings and the Minnesota Sports Commission hope to get the State Legislature to approve this project. In July 2008 the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission unveiled concepts plans for a $853 million retractable roof stadium for the Vikings. It would be built on the same site as the Metrodome and reuse the stadium foundation and a small part of the seating bowl. By doing this it would save an estimated $100 million.

The stadium would have more seats, wider concourses and more luxury seats. State officials have said they would not support public financing for a new stadium. The Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission intends to have an architect and contractor in place by January 2009 when the state legislature meets.

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Far as I know, every single attempt at public money for a stadium for the Vikes has been HARSHLY shot down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

according to this article the stadium project was halted because a change in Vikings ownership. It appears that the new owner favors a downtown location as opposed to the Anoka County locale.
However, just before the 2006 NFL season, McCombs sold the Vikings to Zygi Wilf, a New Jersey-based commercial property developer. Unlike McCombs, Wilf was more interested in the current downtown Minneapolis location.[2] After going along with the inherited Anoka County plan for a few months, Wilf caused the process to halt in its tracks when he also voiced interest in building a stadium in downtown and the Vikings agreed to cooperate in a study looking at building the stadium in downtown Minneapolis.[1] Anoka County withdrew its support and the ballot measure failed.

imatexan
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
do what???

first, I'm unclear on what exactly you are referring to but I assume it has to do with the notion that the Titans will never win a Super Bowl because they have never done it before as it's history repeating itself. To that I'm saying that's as ridiculous as saying the Texans will never make the playoffs because they have never done it before. It's a total parallel. It makes total sense.

You cant compare 7 years to 49 years.

Thats like saying a 7 year old should already have a house,car,and a job at the same level as the 49 year old.

DiehardChris
01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

according to this article the stadium project was halted because a change in Vikings ownership. It appears that the new owner favors a downtown location as opposed to the Anoka County locale.

The reasons really don't matter. What matters is the complete and total lack of support by the taxpayers and public at large. They've made no progress at all from my light web research.

Texecutioner
01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Maybe McNair and Jones could do without the competition. Do you really think either of those guys would be in favor or San Antonio having a team?

Besides, while I think a franchise could survive there it would take a far better facility than the Alamo Dome to get it done. Even the Spurs got the AT&T Center.

SA won't ever get a football team. To many Cowgirl fans out there. I don't see any owner stepping in there with enough confidence that he'd make enough money.

By the way, I was asking about you earlier in this thread. I told you months ago that the Titans probably wouldn't win in the post season because I didn't have confidence in Collins in the post season against a great defense, well he found one and I was right. Almost wrong, but it happened. What do you as a fan want the Titans to do with their QB situation next season. I hear that VY is still acting like a baby from the last article mentioning him, so I doubt that Fisher makes him the starter. I think their best bet would probably be to roll with Collins again and get him another WR that can make more plays and put him along side of Gage who happened to really come on as the season continued. Are the Titans going to bring Collins back or what?

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:35 PM
The reasons really don't matter. What matters is the complete and total lack of support by the taxpayers and public at large. They've made no progress at all from my light web research.

agreed. they have made little progress and if they are not careful that team could get moved.

before I step on a Claymore... *carefully choosing words*

is it fair to compare the Houston of the mid nineties with the Twin Cities?

Texecutioner
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
agreed. they have made little progress and if they are not careful that team could get moved.

Yes, I think so.

Texan_Bill
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM

Yep, you're right. I thought I had heard during the season that they got it passed. After checking further, it appears that plans are put on hold.

Bipolar The Titan
01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
What do you as a fan want the Titans to do with their QB situation next season. I hear that VY is still acting like a baby from the last article mentioning him, so I doubt that Fisher makes him the starter. I think their best bet would probably be to roll with Collins again and get him another WR that can make more plays and put him along side of Gage who happened to really come on as the season continued. Are the Titans going to bring Collins back or what?
Collins should return and Vince will likely ride pine and somehow be dealt year after next. Vince Young was a horrible mistake. Titans should have drafted Jay Cutler. Hell, the Titans should have drafted Antrel Rolle over Pacman Jones... terrible that the team gets two top 10 picks and flops like that.

I wish that there was a younger alternative to get as a FA. As a fan, I'd love to send a pair of 1st rounders and whatever else it would take to get Matt Cassell and Randy Moss but that ain't gonna happen... I really don't know what I want.. I'm pretty sure of what I'm going to get but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Collins getting a new deal. Maybe Chris Simms will shock us all.

Double Barrel
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM

I don't think so. Slug was not willing to work with city leaders, much less the Houston Rodeo (a huge tourist attraction with lots of annual revenue for the city). He was so focussed on getting what he wanted that he could not compromise. Remember, he was behind the $60 million in renovations to the Astrodome just a few years before when he used Jacksonville for extortion purposes. There was a lot of animosity between Slug and city leaders / fans. Decades of putting up with his crap wore thin, but I do think he would have gotten a stadium if he wasn't such a stubborn a-hole about things.

I do not think they are comparable because 1) the owners and mentalities are worlds apart, and 2) Houston was not adverse to spending public funds. Hell, after the fat piece of crap left, we built new baseball, basketball, and football facilities (including training facilities). Now we might even build a soccer stadium, as well. They can't even get public financing in Minn., so no comparison really.