PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones is apparently tougher than Marion Barber

headsplint
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-is-apparently-tougher-than-Marion-Ba?urn=nfl,127609

At the very least, Mr. Jones believes he's in a position to question Marion Barber's toughness. Barber didn't play in Pittsburgh yesterday with calf and pinkie toe injuries, and Jones roundaboutly called him a sissy yesterday. From Star-Telegram.com:

Seems strange he called MB's toughness into question. When I think of Barber I think of one tough bastard. JJ is a tool. I'm not a cowgirls fan, but this was pretty crappy of JJ.

ESAD2-14
12-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Don't remember him saying anything when Whiddle Fingy (Romo) sat out because of his pinky injury. You'd figure a injured pinky toe to a RB is akin to that of a injured pinky finger to a QB.

If Jerra ain't gonna criticize all of his players (Romo, Barber, whoever else) for not having the testicular fortitude to "man up" then he needs to shut his pie hole. Of course that would keep him out of the media spot light, so little chance of that happening.

GlassHalfFull
12-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Don't remember him saying anything when Whiddle Fingy (Romo) sat out because of his pinky injury. You'd figure a injured pinky toe to a RB is akin to that of a injured pinky finger to a QB.

If Jerra ain't gonna criticize all of his players (Romo, Barber, whoever else) for not having the testicular fortitude to "man up" then he needs to shut his pie hole. Of course that would keep him out of the media spot light, so little chance of that happening.

Actually, Jones managed to open mouth and insert foot then also. Not quite as bad, I grant you. However, do not give him credit for keeping his mouth shut, since he has never managed to do so. link (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/17/the-debacle-in-dallas-continues-to-dive-deeper-towards-complete/)

MannyFresh
12-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Actually, Jones managed to open mouth and insert foot then also. Not quite as bad, I grant you. However, do not give him credit for keeping his mouth shut, since he has never managed to do so. link (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/17/the-debacle-in-dallas-continues-to-dive-deeper-towards-complete/)

Your right about that. I remember that famous "it was the whiskey talking" about the Jimmy Johnson firing for Switzer.

Goldensilence
12-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Even George Steinbrener probably thinks Jerry is a bit obnoxious.

At least I haven't seen George with as many commercials as Jerry.

bah007
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Even George Steinbrener probably thinks Jerry is a bit obnoxious.

At least I haven't seen George with as many commercials as Jerry.

To be honest, George's son would win that contest easily.

WWJD
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
That is a silly thing to say. Barber would have played if he could I am sure.

Barber doesn't talk to the media at all.

Brando
12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I would love to have Marion Barber on the Texans. He's one tough hombre in my book. Even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I am a fan of Marion Barber.

powerfuldragon
12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
I would love to have Marion Barber on the Texans. He's one tough hombre in my book. Even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I am a fan of Marion Barber.

imagine having the option of either marion barber or steve slaton...

WWJD
12-09-2008, 03:15 PM
He's not going anywhere..he signed a 7 year contract last spring worth major bucks.

GuerillaBlack
12-09-2008, 03:26 PM
"Release me, or trade me now Jerry Jones. Bastard."

You really don't think it's a possibility?

WWJD
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM

Well anything is a possibility but I think the probability of that conversation taking place is very, very slim.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Jerrah is already crawfishing....

http://www.lacoast.gov/education/classroom/Crawfish-Fighting.jpg

Watch SportsCenter or NFLN, because I just heard a blurb from an interview. I didn't catch the whole thing so I won't go into it, but essentially saying that he was taken out of context.

Jerrah Jones > asshat

Txn_in_Oki
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM

I'm with you. If it's me I tell Jerry that if you aren't happy with my toughness than you can trade my sorry ass off your team.

WWJD
12-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Jerrah is already crawfishing....

http://www.lacoast.gov/education/classroom/Crawfish-Fighting.jpg

Watch SportsCenter or NFLN, because I just heard a blurb from an interview. I didn't catch the whole thing so I won't go into it, but essentially saying that he was taken out of context.

Jerrah Jones > asshat

What he is saying is that he thought that Barber would play no matter what and he was surprised that he didn't even make the trip...it's all spin at this point.

Nobody will know Barber's take because he doesn't speak to the media at all and I don't think that will change at this point.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
What he is saying is that he thought that Barber would play no matter what and he was surprised that he didn't even make the trip...it's all spin at this point.

Nobody will know Barber's take because he doesn't speak to the media at all and I don't think that will change at this point.

That's what crawfish implies: putting a spin on something -or- moving sideways with your answers.

WWJD
12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
That's what crawfish implies: putting a spin on something -or- moving sideways with your answers.

Well thanks for the explanation but I knew what he meant.....Jerry put his foot in his mouth again..he's done it so many times before and he'll continue to do it for all the days of his life probably. Right now all he can do is spin it. Right?

He said on his SA show that he never meant to question Barber's toughness and he wasn't doing that..that what he was saying was that he thought that he was SO TOUGH that nothing would keep him from playing and why wasn't he out there because he's just that tough.

I am pretty sure he didn't mean that but ya know it's SPIN! HA!

GuerillaBlack
12-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Jerry Jones just sees the backlash on what he really DID say, so now he is running around the a bunch of different sports radio shows and ESPN.

WWJD
12-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Jerry Jones just sees the backlash on what he really DID say, so now he is running around the a bunch of different sports radio shows and ESPN.

Not necessarily...Jerry has many radio shows that he appears on regularly and is open to interviews all the time. He's very media visible. Too much if you ask me but that's just me.

He thrives on this type of stuff.

CloakNNNdagger
12-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Now, since he's been injured, he becomes a perfect candidate for the position of a Texans running back.:thinking:,,,,,,,,,and I too would take him in a heart beat.

CloakNNNdagger
12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Well thanks for the explanation but I knew what he meant.....Jerry put his foot in his mouth again..he's done it so many times before and he'll continue to do it for all the days of his life probably. Right now all he can do is spin it. Right?

He said on his SA show that he never meant to question Barber's toughness and he wasn't doing that..that what he was saying was that he thought that he was SO TOUGH that nothing would keep him from playing and why wasn't he out there because he's just that tough.

I am pretty sure he didn't mean that but ya know it's SPIN! HA!

Now that he's spoken, it's time for Jerry to replace his head back into its rightful place......his personal fudge holster.

http://pplongstocking.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/head_up_ass.jpg

awtysst
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-is-apparently-tougher-than-Marion-Ba?urn=nfl,127609

Seems strange he called MB's toughness into question. When I think of Barber I think of one tough bastard. JJ is a tool. I'm not a cowgirls fan, but this was pretty crappy of JJ.

If JJ wants to call attention to MB's toughness, perhaps he would be willing to trade him for a 5th rounder. I mean, if he isnt tough, wouldn't he rather have a chance to pick a tough guy in the 5th than this marshmallow?!