PDA

View Full Version : The Texans: At least we're fun to watch

gtexan02
12-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Remember when we had a power running game and no power blocking OL?
Remember when we had a QB who was afraid of the defense?
Remember when we were the masters of the hitch and dump off?

I do.

After watching this past Sunday's game, I realized that if there is one thing I can concretely say about this years Texans team, its that they are extremely fun to watch 90% of the time. When we aren't turning the ball over, we move against defenses as if they weren't even on the field. Our receivers get open, our TEs are involved, and our running game is on track. We complete passes over the middle, we complete passes on crossing routes, and we are creative. Its been a pleasure to watch, and I think Kubiak deserves a lot of the credit

Marcus
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Remember when we had a power running game and no power blocking OL?
Remember when we had a QB who was afraid of the defense?
Remember when we were the masters of the hitch and dump off?

I do.

After watching this past Sunday's game, I realized that if there is one thing I can concretely say about this years Texans team, its that they are extremely fun to watch 90% of the time. When we aren't turning the ball over, we move against defenses as if they weren't even on the field. Our receivers get open, our TEs are involved, and our running game is on track. We complete passes over the middle, we complete passes on crossing routes, and we are creative. Its been a pleasure to watch, and I think Kubiak deserves a lot of the credit

Way too much bitterness around here to fully appreciate a "glass half full" type of post. But keep trying. Maybe it will catch on.

I agree with you. They are totally night and day from just a few years ago.

Lucky
12-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Way too much bitterness around here to fully appreciate a "glass half full" type of post.
Let me try.

By collecting their 6th win this Sunday, the Texans are now bowl eligible!

Rah-rah! Go team! And that's another Houston Texans 1st down!!!

:texflag:

gtexan02
12-08-2008, 10:50 PM
It still sucks to lose, but I much prefer losing an exciting game to losing a horrendously boring one. A few years ago, I wasn't disappointed at all if I missed a game. I saw more nejoyable football on Saturday's. This year, I love watching the team. They look like a NFL team, instead of an expansion team

gtexan02
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Let me try.

By collecting their 6th win this Sunday, the Texans are now bowl eligible!

Rah-rah! Go team! And that's another Houston Texans 1st down!!!

:texflag:

lol, c'mon. Its not like I'm saying something overly positive here. All I'm saying is that we're fun to watch!

Tailgate
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Imagine the stuff you will be able to type after we win on Sunday! :texflag:

DocBar
12-08-2008, 11:16 PM
The Texans this year remind me of the old run & shoot days. Hell on wheels between the 20's but not always so great on the scoreboard. At least with this offense we win the TOP most of the time. I think we're on our way up.

Hervoyel
12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Way too much bitterness around here to fully appreciate a "glass half full" type of post. But keep trying. Maybe it will catch on.

I agree with you. They are totally night and day from just a few years ago.

Oh please, someone hand me a kleenex to wipe that big tear from my eye as I grieve over all the bitterness around here in Texans nation.

Almost everyone agrees with him. It doesn't mean we can't point out things that are still very wrong. The offense rocks and if it would just quit turning the ball over we'd be right in the thick of the playoff race. The defense? Well they've played better but they did the same thing last year as well. They sleepwalk through the first 10 games and then turn it on for the last 6.

jerek
12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh please, someone hand me a kleenex to wipe that big tear from my eye as I grieve over all the bitterness around here in Texans nation.

Almost everyone agrees with him. It doesn't mean we can't point out things that are still very wrong. The offense rocks and if it would just quit turning the ball over we'd be right in the thick of the playoff race. The defense? Well they've played better but they did the same thing last year as well. They sleepwalk through the first 10 games and then turn it on for the last 6.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2008, 08:53 AM
The only thing that makes me feel a little better about this team is that when #8 walks on the field, I feel like we may be able to move the ball. Two years ago when #8 walked on the field, I knew we would be punting..

DocBar
12-09-2008, 09:01 AM
The only thing that makes me feel a little better about this team is that when #8 walks on the field, I feel like we may be able to move the ball. Two years ago when #8 walked on the field, I knew we would be punting.. MAY be able to move the ball? That's an understatement. I would understand if you said MAY be able to SCORE, but the O has pretty much arrived. There's a few tweaks that need to be made, but we have an explosive, big play offense that can still grind it out and control the clock. That's a bit stronger than a "may be able to move the ball" comment. You love stats and the stats bear this out.

Fox
12-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Its been a pleasure to watch, and I think Kubiak deserves a lot of the credit

Completely agree. Having a lot more fun watching this season than I did watching the Dom Capers version when we went 7-9. We're obviously going to be missing the playoffs yet again but I'm increasingly confident about the pieces we have in place to build on.