PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak press conference

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Starting now (hopefully)

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=2861&play_clip=Y

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
John McClain asks some dumb questions...

"Why do you think have the Titans played better than the Texans the last few years"

ummm...because they've been better?

headsplint
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
John McClain asks some dumb questions...

"Why do you think have the Titans played better than the Texans the last few years"

ummm...because they've been better?

Yeah it's funny how Kubiak becomes so visibly annoyed with him. He asked someone if he (referring to JM) was gonna give her a chance. I watched one of the videos leading up to the Packers game and Kubiak got pretty heated at JM. Can't remember exactly which one, but it was funny. I can barely stand to look at McClain.

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah it's funny how Kubiak becomes so visibly annoyed with him. He asked someone if he (referring to JM) was gonna give her a chance. I watched one of the videos leading up to the Packers game and Kubiak got pretty heated at JM. Can't remember exactly which one, but it was funny. I can barely stand to look at McClain.

The guy hardly ever asks questions relating to the game. I mean, asking if Kris Brown's game winning FG could be a turning point in the franchise? What kind of question is that? And how is Kubiak supposed to answer it?

headsplint
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
The guy hardly ever asks questions relating to the game. I mean, asking if Kris Brown's game winning FG could be a turning point in the franchise? What kind of question is that? And how is Kubiak supposed to answer it?

Yeah his questions are ridiculous. He seems to ask questions he already knows the answer to as well.

badboy
12-08-2008, 04:21 PM
John used to be accused of being in management's pocket. Then to me it happened with the Mario draft pick, he really went over board in criticising team officials. I think he is trying to get back in good graces by not being controversial and he is just p--- off Kubes.

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I think McClain is just counting the days until retirement. At least...I hope that could explain why such a seasoned journalist asks such lame questions!

barrett
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
you mean a journalist who likes extra seasoning?

headsplint
12-08-2008, 04:46 PM

HAHAHAH Rep.

ZX758
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM

rep!!!

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM

yep. JM is a big fan of the original recipe. :spit:

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM

Incoming Ron Dayne joke in 3...2...

powerfuldragon
12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Fat!

Specnatz
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
How about having someone other that him asking questions. He just seems to step on others by asking questions unlike I see other teams coaches picking who asks.

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
How about having someone other that him asking questions. He just seems to step on others by asking questions unlike I see other teams coaches picking who asks.

Yeah I don't understand that. There are a few other journalists there but they never seem to ask any questions. Does McClain command that much respect from them? Do the Texans prefer journalists who won't ask tough questions?

Either way, with McClain there and his silly and (usually) absurd questions, the 3:30 press conference is pretty much becoming a waste of time. Not a whole lot of info comes out of it unfortunately.

Texans_Chick
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey, after the game, if you have questions that you want McClain to ask Kubiak, leave a comment in McClain's blog. Sometimes he will ask those things.

GuerillaBlack
12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah I don't understand that. There are a few other journalists there but they never seem to ask any questions. Does McClain command that much respect from them? Do the Texans prefer journalists who won't ask tough questions?

Either way, with McClain there and his silly and (usually) absurd questions, the 3:30 press conference is pretty much becoming a waste of time. Not a whole lot of info comes out of it unfortunately.

Houston sports media is just kind of horrible in general. Dallas sports media is a lot better (journalists, production, etc.). It's about the only thing that Houston needs to copy off of Dallas.

Marcus
12-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey, after the game, if you have questions that you want McClain to ask Kubiak, leave a comment in McClain's blog. Sometimes he will ask those things.

Yeah, like "Why do you like asking totally absurd questions, for the soul purpose of getting him aggravated, you fat tub-of-lard piece of shit?"

He's still pissed that they didn't draft Vince Young, and even more pissed that they were right in not doing so.

mexican_texan
12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Megan Manfull is a lot better than McClain. I don't know why she doesn't get more front page stories.

Joe Texan
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Houston sports media is just kind of horrible in general. Dallas sports media is a lot better (journalists, production, etc.). It's about the only thing that Houston needs to copy off of Dallas.
1310 the Ticket :thinking:

I do not think so

John and Lance can do a dance around Dallass any time

Get rid of Andre Ware qand Mark V would be better

Who tops Rome

Rich Lord is the worst from some of you but he at least talks Texans

And the Cowgirls Suck, and that is all you hear about in Dullass

TexanSam
12-09-2008, 10:10 AM

I do not think so

Who tops Rome

John and Lance in the morning and Charlie Palillo on 790 in the afternoon are the cream of the crop of Houston sports radio IMO. After that, it's goes downhill pretty quickly.

GP
12-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, like "Why do you like asking totally absurd questions, for the soul purpose of getting him aggravated, you fat tub-of-lard piece of shit?"

He's still pissed that they didn't draft Vince Young, and even more pissed that they were right in not doing so.

And Kubiak should slyly make little comments every now and then.

"Well, John, I thought our QB did a pretty good job today. He's got that bounce-back attitude that you need in a QB. The QB is the leader of the offense and he's got to be able to have his emotions together. He's got to have the desire to play, even when he's playing poorly and getting boo'd from the fans. An NFL QB doesn't run from challenges. He embraces them. And I am very satisfied that he's ready to get back in there when he's healthy, even if there is a bit of rust."

or...

"Back when this team decided to draft Mario Williams, we knew that he was a guy who would command the attention of offensive coordinators. He's made everyone better for being here. Boy, are we ever glad to have that guy on OUR side and not having to gameplan against him when we play Tennessee twice-a-year." And then a little chuckle, as he puts his eyes on McClain and locks onto them for a second with a little half-grin on his face. Just a little "Hi there" moment.

If I were Kubiak, I'd punish McClain every chance I got until he got the message that he better get his act together. Kubiak has the bully pulpit and he needs to use it.

TimeKiller
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm with GP, Kubiak needs to put the hammer down on McClams. I bet Parcells wouldn't take any guff off of some clown-ass reporter.

I have no idea what Jim Rome is ever talking about, the first time he says it or the ensuing 30 repeats of it. Totally goes over my head everytime.

SouthSideTexan
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM

from the looks of him...he likes extra everything... :cookie:

TEXANS84
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM

Kubiak was asked if that winning drive could be a defining moment for the franchise, a turning point for a team thatís never had a winning record.

ďI donít know if we know which moment is going to end up being a defining moment, but youíve got to be able to do those types of things to have a chance to win in this league,Ē he said.

McLame pats himself on the back (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6154372.html)

powerfuldragon
12-09-2008, 03:09 PM
John and Lance in the morning and Charlie Palillo on 790 in the afternoon are the cream of the crop of Houston sports radio IMO. After that, it's goes downhill pretty quickly.

the adam clanton experience is okay sometimes... don't get me started on the cacophonous dullardry that is the Sunday Block Party.

Mailman
12-09-2008, 03:16 PM

In honor of Tack week, I'd like him to ask Kubiak the following:

Titan is the largest moon of what planet?:shades:

GuerillaBlack
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM

I do not think so

Who tops Rome

Well living in Dallas now, it's almost like night and day with the production. Even watching Rockets shows versus Mavericks shows on the different FSN channels. The Mavericks production is much better.