PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl - UT v. OSU

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I know y'all wanted Bama - but I am glad Bama got screwed and not us!

Let the smack talking being! :)

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
While I will never be confused as a 'sip fan and as much as I hate the Little 11, I hate Oklahoma more. With that said, I hope the Horns hang 50+ on OSU.

kastofsna
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
absolutely sick of seeing OSU in a BCS game, if the system had any merit, we'd be seeing Boise State against Texas here

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 11:05 AM
absolutely sick of seeing OSU in a BCS game, if the system had any merit, we'd be seeing Boise State against Texas here

I absolutely agree we don't "deserve" to be there.

However, BCS picks 1 v. 2. After that, BCS is irrelevant (unless you're ND), and the bowls start doing screwy stuff ($$$$$$$).

Until we have my 8 team playoff, I'll take the gift of playing UT :)

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Beanie is healthy and Pryor is matured. Defense has improved some, D Line still sucks, causing our secondary to have issues.

Also, we kick a** in non-national title BCS games!

bah007
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
As we get closer to the game my take will become more in-depth, but for right now:

I think Texas wins handily against Ohio St for a few reasons.

I expect Texas to come out trying to prove why their fans are "whining" about getting left out. I already hear "fans" saying that we should run up the score on OSU. I disagree. Mack never rubs it in and that is one of the reasons we are where we are. A lot of people respect that. I couldn't care less about "style points" when all it does is lead to poor sportsmanship.

Pryor is a good player. But he will be like the sixth or seventh best QB Texas has faced this year, and not even the best freshman (Robert Griffin).

OSU will get their yards running the ball. I have no doubt of that. But as the Texas defense does to everybody, we will force them to be one-dimensional. If Pryor tries to pass, he will get hammered. Unless a Big XII crew is officiating, Orakpo and Kindle will combine for at least three sacks.

OSU's defense is a tougher match-up I think. They will have to blitz us to get pressure, but they have a secondary that isn't bothered by getting left on an island. I expect we will have serious trouble establishing any type of running game other than McCoy on draws and scrambles. Expect Cosby and Shipley to each have about 10 catches on quick slants, screens, and hitches.

I think it will be a great first half, with Texas pulling away in the second half. The only game that will rival this one in intensity is the OU/UF game.

Texan JBZ
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
How da hell did OSU end up in a BCS game over Texas Tech and Boise State? They're not that good this year. The BCS is total trash!

jaayteetx
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM
How da hell did OSU end up in a BCS game over Texas Tech and Boise State? They're not that good this year. The BCS is total trash!

Only two teams can go from one conference, so thats why Tech ain't going. Ohio St, well, its all about $$$$.

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Like I said, ALL the BCS rankings determine are #1 and #2. Period. It's lame. After that - #3 to about #12 don't matter, no it's if you won your conference and/or "at large" bids (i.e. $$$$$).

But, I will enjoy prospering from the suckitude of the system.

gwallaia
12-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I will be rooting for the Utes against Alabama. Always have to cheer for the non-BCS teams.

What's a Ute?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1V-4boT_ts&feature=related

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I always have to cheer for the non-SEC and non-USC teams :)

Specnatz
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I always have to cheer for the non-SEC and non-USC teams :)

Exactly.

gg no re
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I just wanted to see Bama matched up against UT just to create a denser cloud of uncertainty over the BCS.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to see Bama matched up against UT just to create a denser cloud of uncertainty over the BCS.

I didn't think UT was eligible for a bowl this year. And with Phillip Fulmer stepping down, who would coach them?? :thinking:

bah007
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I didn't think UT was eligible for a bowl this year. And with Phillip Fulmer stepping down, who would coach them?? :thinking:

You're thinking of TU, Tennessee....

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
You're thinking of TU, Tennessee....

Sorry man... I forgot the :sarcasm: smiley with that post.

TD
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I was just looking at some of the coach's votes (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2008/flash.htm). Pure lunacy.

Coaches at Baylor, Michigan State, Texas Tech, have OU #1 and TX #5

The Rutgers Coach also has TX at # 5 and OU #2.

I guess we can quit saying that the regular season IS the playoffs. This is coaches cooking the books, plain and simple. This is the 2nd year in a row I feel $%^$ed by the system (Georgia)

I'm so fed up I wouldn't even watch the game if it were played right now.

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I guess we can quit saying that the regular season IS the playoffs. This is coaches cooking the books, plain and simple. This is the 2nd year in a row I feel $%^$ed by the system (Georgia)

GA is the ONLY SEC team I like (I reserve the right to change that once I go to a game as an opposing fan). I like Richt and the program.

However, it was GA who vaulted Bama from like 13 to 1 when an they beat an overrated GA team (preseason polls are lunacy).

Back to the topic, Go Bucks!

gwallaia
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
The BCS reminds of ice skating and gymnastics. Scores on based on judge's opinions.

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 07:33 AM
I was just looking at some of the coach's votes (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2008/flash.htm). Pure lunacy.

Coaches at Baylor, Michigan State, Texas Tech, have OU #1 and TX #5

The Rutgers Coach also has TX at # 5 and OU #2.

I'm so fed up I wouldn't even watch the game if it were played right now.
if the regular season is the playoffs, then the whole season should be looked at. perhaps they feel Oklahoma has beat better teams and looked better in doing so and deserves to be there more than Texas

TD
12-09-2008, 08:04 AM
if the regular season is the playoffs, then the whole season should be looked at. perhaps they feel Oklahoma has beat better teams and looked better in doing so and deserves to be there more than Texas

Horse Crap. You flip the dates of the OU/TX game and the TT/TX game and Texas is ahead in the polls. Flip the OU/TX and OU/TT games and Texas Tech is ahead. That's just the sad reality of the system.

bah007
12-09-2008, 08:17 AM

If the voters honestly believe that OU is better then they should rank them higher.

But ranking Texas #5? Justify that...

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
yes the system blows, too many inherent biases, but i can't get inside anyone's heads, so no clue why anyone would rank Texas #5, except for maybe the obvious, which is that they feel there are 4 teams who are better.

but overall, my feelings on the BCS are that if you're going to have the polling, then one regular season game shouldn't be a tiebreaker with a 3-way tie, but rather the season as a whole, and the voters aside, all the computers feel Oklahoma is the best team in the land. no biases there

Yankee_In_TX
12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
go buckeyes

beat texas!!!

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
i wish there was a way both teams could lose

bah007
12-09-2008, 09:13 AM
yes the system blows, too many inherent biases, but i can't get inside anyone's heads, so no clue why anyone would rank Texas #5, except for maybe the obvious, which is that they feel there are 4 teams who are better.

but overall, my feelings on the BCS are that if you're going to have the polling, then one regular season game shouldn't be a tiebreaker with a 3-way tie, but rather the season as a whole, and the voters aside, all the computers feel Oklahoma is the best team in the land. no biases there

Very unlikely if you consider that they beat the #1 team and have the same number of losses as them.

Agree that one game can't decide a three-way tie.

I believe that voters listed Texas that low because they were trying to cheat the system to make sure that Texas didn't make the title game. Instead of voting teams where they belong, they just wanted to make sure that Florida would make up the ground in the human polls that they couldn't in the computers.

And if you want to go by the computers...yes, OU is the undisputed #1. And Texas is #2, not Florida.

Yankee_In_TX
12-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Instead of voting teams where they belong, they just wanted to make sure that Florida would make up the ground in the human polls that they couldn't in the computers.

That's exactly why people said my Texas/Tech title game wouldn't happen, and why a Michigan/OSU rematch didn't happen 2 years ago.

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I believe that voters listed Texas that low because they were trying to cheat the system to make sure that Texas didn't make the title game. Instead of voting teams where they belong, they just wanted to make sure that Florida would make up the ground in the human polls that they couldn't in the computers.

And if you want to go by the computers...yes, OU is the undisputed #1. And Texas is #2, not Florida.
no doubt, that's why the system is laughable

i only brought up OU being #1 in the computers because it's more than possible to think that OU is better than Texas, despite the head-to-head matchup

TexanSam
12-09-2008, 10:54 AM
If the voters honestly believe that OU is better then they should rank them higher.

But ranking Texas #5? Justify that...

It's possible that Florida, OU, USC, and Alabama are all better than Texas

TD
12-09-2008, 10:58 AM

Yep....polls by people with a stake in the outcome are a farce. It's like giving a defendant a seat on the jury.

i only brought up OU being #1 in the computers because it's more than possible to think that OU is better than Texas, despite the head-to-head matchup

And because of that I'm OK with Oklahoma in the title game. And I'd rather see this game than a TX OU re-match even though that's what it should be.

I hate the system more than the result.

TD
12-09-2008, 11:00 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! Good one. Seriously though, what do you think is the reason?

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 11:03 AM
certainly is.

mexican_texan
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
OU is a lot better than they were when they lost to UT. If they played this weekend, I don't think it would be much of a game.

bah007
12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
OU is a lot better than they were when they lost to UT. If they played this weekend, I don't think it would be much of a game.

Texas is better too.

Just because OU is throwing up points doesn't mean they are unstoppable. They are giving up more than four TDs per game during their "amazing" streak.

bah007
12-09-2008, 11:45 AM

It is certainly possible.

But you have to rank the teams on what they have shown, not on what you think they can show.

OU has the best resume over the entire course of the season. Texas has the next best.

I would say Florida has the third best, but because they won their conference and Texas did not, I have no problem with them being in the championship game.

Alabama did manage to lose only one game, but they played a pretty weak schedule and had serious trouble with a few bad teams.

USC may have a case, but their strength of schedule is low, even with the victory over Ohio St.

BigBull17
12-09-2008, 11:48 AM

They may get a 60 spot dropped on them. UT is pissed at the diss, and OSU is so overrated its sickening. Boise and Utah would destroy them, but here we go again. 66-10 UT in a landslide embarassment

bah007
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
They may get a 60 spot dropped on them. UT is pissed at the diss, and OSU is so overrated its sickening. Boise and Utah would destroy them, but here we go again. 66-10 UT in a landslide embarassment

Don't get your hopes up.

I expect a UT win, but the OSU defense is not giving up 60+...

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
i expect a tight game actually, Ohio State's defense is superior to anything Texas has faced in the Big XII. but still not watching

bah007
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
i expect a tight game actually, Ohio State's defense is superior to anything Texas has faced in the Big XII. but still not watching

And the opposite is true as well.

Ohio St hasn't faced an offense like UT's yet.

Yankee_In_TX
12-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Over rated? When we lost to USC - our defense was learning how to play with 0 defensive ends (whereas we had Gholston opening up Lauranitus to make big plays); our coach rotated QB's per series (stupid) + one of them is a true freshman. Oh yeah, our Hesiman Hopeful was on the sideline.

Penn state was a piss poor coaching loss, but a close game.

In the mean time, our defense has learned how to play (despite constant zone schemes, which make me made). Beanie is back and healthy. Pryor has learned how to be an NCAA QB, and is making fewer and fewer bone headed mistakes. AND Tressel has started letting him air it out 4-6 times a game. LONG.

Other than saying "The Big Ten sucks" how can you argue OSU is not number 10?

And if instead of over rated, you mean don't deserve to be in the Fiesta Bowl, that's determined by a room full of schmoees looking at $$$. And we're definitely not over rated as to how much money we will bring them.

kastofsna
12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Other than saying "The Big Ten sucks" how can you argue OSU is not number 10?

i think one could legitimately argue that there's a huge difference between the #3 team and the #10 team. but there aren't a lot of teams that "should" be #10 over Ohio State

Wolf
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Horse Crap. You flip the dates of the OU/TX game and the TT/TX game and Texas is ahead in the polls. Flip the OU/TX and OU/TT games and Texas Tech is ahead. That's just the sad reality of the system.

Exactly!

Wolf
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I think it is interesting how Leach put OU #1 (understandable that OU put a whipping on them) , but put TT at #2 and then put UT at #5.. I mean come on.. OU stomped TT (how does that give you a #2 ranking, in your mind coach?) .. UT lost to TT, can't deny that, but to put TT at #2 and drop UT to number 5? UT lost on the last play on a TD (probably would have been a field goal instead) and it wouldnt' have come to that with either a McCoy slide instead of going out of bounds on the last drive (kept the clock moving) and/or if Texas would have ran the playclock down further before that last play they scored..

I am not making excuses for UT.. I am just laughing at Leaches voting process on that.. of course wasn't he part of stoops coaching staff at one time or another?

as I take my tinfoil hat off... all I will say is what was done was done.. I just think it is funny

Wolf
12-11-2008, 08:31 PM
As far a the thread goes, I hope for a good game buckeyes! good luck

I know it is a photoshop thing but

HOOK 'EM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/jeffnee/cuthbert_horn.jpg

bah007
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it is interesting how Leach put OU #1 (understandable that OU put a whipping on them) , but put TT at #2 and then put UT at #5.. I mean come on.. OU stomped TT (how does that give you a #2 ranking, in your mind coach?) .. UT lost to TT, can't deny that, but to put TT at #2 and drop UT to number 5? UT lost on the last play on a TD (probably would have been a field goal instead) and it wouldnt' have come to that with either a McCoy slide instead of going out of bounds on the last drive (kept the clock moving) and/or if Texas would have ran the playclock down further before that last play they scored..

I am not making excuses for UT.. I am just laughing at Leaches voting process on that.. of course wasn't he part of stoops coaching staff at one time or another?

as I take my tinfoil hat off... all I will say is what was done was done.. I just think it is funny

Basically all the coaches vote that way.

Mack Brown voted Florida #1 and Texas #2 despite the fact that UF is the team that we were trying to keep from jumping us. I guess that just makes Mack a bigger sissy than before though, right kastofsna?...

Blake
12-11-2008, 08:57 PM

If only we could let those 4 teams settle it on the field.

Oh wait...

The1ApplePie
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Wanted to win some money when my Trojans played UT

UT vs OSU?

Could be the most worst matchup of them all

Spoilers:

OSU gets burnt by speed, game over by half time

Bama vs. Penn
UT vs USC

would have been better matchups

kastofsna
12-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Basically all the coaches vote that way.

Mack Brown voted Florida #1 and Texas #2 despite the fact that UF is the team that we were trying to keep from jumping us. I guess that just makes Mack a bigger sissy than before though, right kastofsna?...
Mack Brown could break Chuck Norris' nose with a mean left hook and he'd still be half a man

don't see anything wrong with Leach's voting. just get rid of voting

Mr teX
12-12-2008, 10:20 AM
:confused::confused:I think it is interesting how Leach put OU #1 (understandable that OU put a whipping on them) , but put TT at #2 and then put UT at #5.. I mean come on.. OU stomped TT (how does that give you a #2 ranking, in your mind coach?) .. UT lost to TT, can't deny that, but to put TT at #2 and drop UT to number 5? UT lost on the last play on a TD (probably would have been a field goal instead) and it wouldnt' have come to that with either a McCoy slide instead of going out of bounds on the last drive (kept the clock moving) and/or if Texas would have ran the playclock down further before that last play they scored..

He's only using the rationale that some UT fans had been using; head to head trumps everything. As for why he dropped u guys 2 more spots after that... maybe he felt USC & alabama were better.....or maybe he just really doesn't like u guys....

Wolf
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
:confused::confused:

He's only using the rationale that some UT fans had been using; head to head trumps everything. As for why he dropped u guys 2 more spots after that... maybe he felt USC & alabama were better.....or maybe he just really doesn't like u guys....

I don't know I just thought it was funny that he kept TT at number 2(I know why he did it because to try to help jump the computer rankings) but thought it was just funny to put him at #2 when he got destroyed by OU .. He could have put himself at #4 and UT at #5 and I wouldn't have thought anything of it and basically couldn't argue against it .

Again I have a feeling I know why he put them at #2 (as I stated above) .. Coaches have to vote the way they feel and also put consideration of the computer and they blurs the lines also of their voting process.

It is no big deal and happens all the time , just funny

bah007
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Mack Brown could break Chuck Norris' nose with a mean left hook and he'd still be half a man

don't see anything wrong with Leach's voting. just get rid of voting

I wish...

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Go Bucks!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Yankee_In_TX/Sports/Buckeyes/2007/2007%20March%20Madness/OSU%20-%20Tenn/BBall00002.jpg

Showtime100
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Go Bucks!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Yankee_In_TX/Sports/Buckeyes/2007/2007%20March%20Madness/OSU%20-%20Tenn/BBall00002.jpg

That's a really cool pic Yankee. Is that you (in the cowboy hat..lol)?

That's a badazz hat.

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes. Apparently, I am called "Yankee" while in Texas, but "Cowboy" when in Columbus. WTH???!

Yankee_In_TX
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh, this is my nemesis - if you watch an OSU game you've seen him:

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper333/stills/m7s634vw.jpg

I had the hat first, but I don't live in Cbus :-P

Texan_Bill
01-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Where are you watching the game at Yankee?? I figure I'll swing by just to give you the business.

:jk:

Yankee_In_TX
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
SRO 290 and 610

www.houstonbuckeyes.com

You laugh - Jeff and Dean have been to one of our watch parties and had fun :-P

Texan_Bill
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
SRO 290 and 610

www.houstonbuckeyes.com

You laugh - Jeff and Dean have been to one of our watch parties and had fun :-P

:eek: The last time I went to that SRO was for an Iowa State watch party. All four fans (including the ex) and I had fun, but it wasn't much of a game. Were Jeff and Dean there to rib you the whole time??

Yankee_In_TX
01-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Actually, I run the parties, so I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, not much time for ribbing.

They were there for our fantasy draft one year. We have a big club base, crappy days is about 50 people. Michigan OSU #1/#2, about 350 people.

Texan_Bill
01-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Actually, I run the parties, so I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, not much time for ribbing.

They were there for our fantasy draft one year. We have a big club base, crappy days is about 50 people. Michigan OSU #1/#2, about 350 people.

Hopefully y'all won't be too disappointed tonight. :photos:

Yankee_In_TX
01-05-2009, 03:11 PM

National Title against FL was rough. By the third quarter we had about 12 people left. Last year I don't know b/c I was in NO.

BigWig
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Heres my smack- Longhorns win!
Shoulda been in the natl champ, instead of the okies!

Khari
01-05-2009, 03:49 PM
go team that's not UT

Showtime100
01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
My prediction: Roddrick Muckelroy gets a pick late to preserve the win for Texas only to have Woody Hayes beat the crap out of him on the sidelines. :D

Seriously: Texas 41 Ohio State 24. (Sorry about that Yankee, for what it's worth I was wrong on 3/4 playoff games last weekend.)

Texan_Bill
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
go team that's not UT

Normally I would agree here, but with Yankee being a Buckeye it's worth it to root against him and OSU.

:stirpot:

ATX
01-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Horns 47-13 over the yankees.

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
go team that's not UT

That's just wrong! Especially around these parts.....:wild: But at least you like the Spurs and Texans so you can't be all bad :lion: ......j/k, please don't delete me!

My prediction: Roddrick Muckelroy gets a pick late to preserve the win for Texas only to have Woody Hayes beat the crap out of him on the sidelines. :D

Seriously: Texas 41 Ohio State 24. (Sorry about that Yankee, for what it's worth I was wrong on 3/4 playoff games last weekend.)

Don't worry Show, we will dominate them start to finish, Beanie Wells will be made into a Beanie Baby! Hook 'EM!!!!!

*I am also sorry Yankee for hatin' on your team, just can't help it.

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM

As long as they're disappointed!

stingray
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Orakpo looks good.

Sal Rosenberg
01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Here we go!

awtysst
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
UT getting outplayed in first quarter...lucky to be down by only 3.

Cmon horns!

Do it for Bevo!

http://www.texastwirler.com/bevo.gif

b0ng
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Either UT looks like shit or OSU is just playing out of their minds right now.

My guess is the former though.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Either UT looks like shit or OSU is just playing out of their minds right now.

My guess is the former though.

UT looks lethargic and OSU looks energetic. It seems like OSU wants to be here and UT doesn't.

disaacks3
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Beanie looks awesome tonight!

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Cmon Mack, motivate your troops!

b0ng
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Finally. The Longhorns are putting together a decent drive when they no-huddle.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Finally. The Longhorns are putting together a decent drive when they no-huddle.

and then they call a bad play

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:42 PM
56 seconds. Hopefully we can get close enough for a FG try.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Cmon Colt you cant float a pass like that in that situation.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
It is truly amazing that Texas is only down 3 at the half.

Muschamp's D is bailing out the offense right now...

Silver Oak
01-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I like Colt McCoy's mom and the blond next to her.

Mr teX
01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
UT looks lethargic and OSU looks energetic. It seems like OSU wants to be here and UT doesn't.

I hate when people say this....It's a lame excuse for a team getting outplayed or your opponent just being flat out better than u.

HoustonFrog
01-05-2009, 08:56 PM
It is truly amazing that Texas is only down 3 at the half.

Muschamp's D is bailing out the offense right now...

I hate OSU. Overrated losers. Even their NC years ago was a refs gift and not legit. They are punding UT right now though. Both lines are beating UTs and Beanie is a beast. Horrible play by Colt. A FG gets you momentum and you float that crap.

I think that is his girlfriend

awtysst
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate when people say this....It's a lame excuse for a team getting outplayed or your opponent just being flat out better than u.

It was not an excuse as much as an observation. I have seen every UT game this season and I have not seen them look this lethargic. They seemed to be dragging their butt. Ohio State is not a better team. They dominated UT in the first half and have to settle for a 3 point advantage. It could easily be a 21-3 game right now (or worse). UT's D played stoutly and the Offense **** the bed.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
UT marching band playing Stairway to Heaven? Cool!

Texecutioner
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
This game has been pathetic. If Texas loses it will be on Mack Brown and Greg Davis. They are the ones that got whipped all first half with that god awful play calling. No team can win a game when the staff doesn't let the great athletes play like great athletes and make the plays.

If you guys notice OSU is doing the same thing TT did to give Texas problems. They are stopping the dink and dunk short passes. Texas only threw the ball down the field one time in the first half and they got a 37 yard play off of it. You can't expect to win every game with that short pass crap. Eventually teams game plan for it and you've got to get the ball down the field in order to keep defenses honest and to encourage them to give space to your WR's.

And what does Texas have 2 yards rushing???? Now come on, WTF!? That zone read stuff isn't working so get out of the shotgun and zone read and do some regular hand offs. Get the ball to Cody freaking Johnson!!!! Let him pound the ball and make the defense tired. Work the play action. Jesus christ Greg Davis is horrible!

Runner
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Ohio State has a good defense that deserves some credit for taking the Texas offense out of their game. Beanie Wells is playing well and deserves some props too.

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Mack Brown needs to pass out smelling salts in the locker room so this team will wake the f up......they look like crap and are lucky to only be down by 3. I hate it when the start slow, but this is about as bad as I have seen them start.

Oh and why the hell don't the run Colt a few times and loosen up the D. If he would just tuck it and go on a few of those plays they would have move the ball much better. Right now they are teeing off on him, he needs to make them pay. If he doesn't make a few plays with his legs they are going to lose this game.

Mr teX
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
It was not an excuse as much as an observation. I have seen every UT game this season and I have not seen them look this lethargic. They seemed to be dragging their butt. Ohio State is not a better team. They dominated UT in the first half and have to settle for a 3 point advantage. It could easily be a 21-3 game right now (or worse). UT's D played stoutly and the Offense **** the bed.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean for that to come off as an attack against u....You're certainly not the only 1 who says this. I just don't like hearing it b/c after long lay offs like they have for these BCS bowls, it's really anyone's game. injuries usually don't factor in as much. & game plans are usually pretty stout. So saying that 1 team doesn't want to be there for whatever reason b/c they aren't playing up to their potential just doesn't sound right to me.

b0ng
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Finally Texas. Shit it only took 3 quarters!

awtysst
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
bout time

dtran04
01-05-2009, 09:27 PM
LOL at the make up call. Who calls holding on an extra point? He just wanted to give Ohio State some free yardage back.

HoustonFrog
01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
90 from OSU is annoying me. The last late hit might have been legit but it was bordeline. The one before was directly to the face and on an earlier sack he had McCoy by the neck and picked him up and body slammed him. I hate that they protect the QB too much but this guys seems to be out to hurt someone.

disaacks3
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
90 from OSU is annoying me. The last late hit might have been legit but it was bordeline. The one before was directly to the face and on an earlier sack he had McCoy by the neck and picked him up and body slammed him. I hate that they protect the QB too much but this guys seems to be out to hurt someone. He's been disruptive, but he looks like the kind of guy who'll cost you 15 yds here and there w/ over-aggressive play.

OSU can't seem to figure out how to expose the UT defense. The biggest play to me thus far was the missed 'floater' to the wide-open TE in the 1st half.

WesmanTexanfan
01-05-2009, 09:43 PM

My friend and I were just discussing the same subject...

Texecutioner
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Greg Davis and Mack are just begging OSU to beat them. Try running the ball more. Give them different looks and let Cody Johnson pound it a time or two. Anything but the constant slants and the same 10 yard curls over and over.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 09:48 PM
There we go. Keep it up boys!

disaacks3
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
The DC for OSU must've studied under Richard Smith...keep playing huge cushions on the corners in a soft zone and praying that the QB misses the read just isn't a successful recipe.

They look great against the run - add a little press coverage and this would be a different game.

hot pickle
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
ok i dont know if anyone agrees but does quan cosby not remind some of u of a poor mans AJ... i like him lots

awtysst
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
The DC for OSU must've studied under Richard Smith...keep playing huge cushions on the corners in a soft zone and praying that the QB misses the read just isn't a successful recipe.

They look great against the run - add a little press coverage and this would be a different game.

Only difference is that the OSU DC is actually getting pressure on the QB with a 4 man rush. Richard Smith is incapable of that.

disaacks3
01-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Only difference is that the OSU DC is actually getting pressure on the QB with a 4 man rush. Richard Smith is incapable of that. Ain't it the truth!

Case in point the other way...that sack for UT could have been averted if the QB dumped to the Lt slot receiver as a hot-read. (The receiver had a HUGE cushion)

WesmanTexanfan
01-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Beckmen!

b0ng
01-05-2009, 10:14 PM
There we go. Keep it up boys!

Hey, you didn't keep up with Okoye's stats this year :(

HoustonFrog
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Man OSU is pulling some plays out of their Arses.

Colts boneheaded fumble play really stopped a great hurry up drive last series

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey, you didn't keep up with Okoye's stats this year :(

Yeah, I was pretty busy this year. I will update at the end of the game.

Edit: I actually went ahead and updated.

disaacks3
01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, they're making it interesting. OTOH, UT needed a blowout to even hope for a split championship with their name included in the conversation.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, they're making it interesting. OTOH, UT needed a blowout to even hope for a split championship with their name included in the conversation.

I think a split Natl Championship was remote an UT needed to win about 60-3. At this point we just need a W.

The1ApplePie
01-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I consider this the "Just give USC the Trophy already!" game

dtran04
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
What's with the Gatorade water cooler shots? How much did they pay? Heh

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Jeez. Cmon guys make a tackle!

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
sigh.

Cmon guys. 2 mins.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I dont get going for 2 there? Whats the diff between being up 5 or 6? In either case a fg doesn't help.

Runner
01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I dont get going for 2 there? Whats the diff between being up 5 or 6? In either case a fg doesn't help.

Protects against a TD and missed extra point. A long shot, it but costs nothing.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Protects against a TD and missed extra point. A long shot, it but costs nothing.

oh, ok. Thanks for the explanation:)

Xcellerator
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Longhorns win it. What a clutch drive.

Astroz
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
What a win! Hook 'em! :doot:

Wolf
01-05-2009, 10:54 PM
HOOK 'EM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/jeffnee/cuthbert_horn.jpg

Good game Buckeyes!

TexanSam
01-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Damn that was a good game. Colt McCoy is clutch

Spled
Game of inches on that first down at the 40.

HoustonFrog

Love it. How is that OSU?Bone headed play by UT afterward though. A 20 yard throw after the kickoff gives their kicker plenty of room.

The1ApplePie
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Glad to see OSU be compeditive in a Bowl Game

Carr Bombed
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Does anybody still doubt that McCoy can be a QB at the next level? He's kinda raw, but he has tools.

Wolf
01-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I bet Cosby's cell phone is buzzing with agents LOL (:joker: we all know college kids can't have agents yet ):specnatz:

Spled
01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
I wonder about McCoy's ability to throw the long ball, but he has the potential to be a Drew Brees type overachiever.

awtysst
Well Texas will get 1 #1 vote in the coach's poll!

Wolf
Yahoo main has

Wrath of Quan
http://sports.yahoo.com/
I that is something Thorn or Herv would come up with LOL

Carr Bombed
01-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I love Mack Brown......he's such a politician. That's also why he cleans up in recruiting.

Wolf
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Does anybody still doubt that McCoy can be a QB at the next level? He's kinda raw, but he has tools.

not sure, but does he have IT LOL :tease:

I will say the :homer: in me was imagining Orakpo on one side and Mario Williams on the other

but I am not one to go overboard if things don't turn out that way
:tiphat:

awtysst
01-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I love Mack Brown......he's such a politician. That's also why he cleans up in recruiting.

Well why not? I mean he has nothing to lose at this point.

awtysst
01-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Speaking of recruiting, I imagine GG redshirts next year. Then when Colt graduates, GG still has 4 years to play!

Carr Bombed
01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder about McCoy's ability to throw the long ball, but he has the potential to be a Drew Brees type overachiever.

If he was available in the mid rounds when he comes out I wouldn't mind drafting him to develop.

gwallaia
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Ohio St. scores to go up 21-17 and they go for two? That's a mistake. If Texas scores a TD, they would lead 24-21 and OSU would kick a FG to tie. If OSU goes for one and Texas scores, they are down 24-22 and would kick a FG to win. I think Tressel had a brain fart.

But all for not. Still a stupid decision by OSU imo.

Exciting game by the way.

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Never a doubt!

Yahoo main has

Wrath of Quan
http://sports.yahoo.com/
I that is something Thorn or Herv would come up with LOL

I like mine:

SHOW ME THE QUAN

Carr Bombed
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM

I will say the :homer: in me was imagining Orakpo on one side and Mario Williams on the other

I was never one of those "it" people, infact I didn't want Vince, because I knew he would struggle in the NFL. I just have this weird feeling that Colt is going to develop into a pretty good QB at the next level. The jump in his play this season from last was pretty dramatic. If he can come back and make even more improvement his senior year I think he'll become a good NFL quarterback.

texanfan2002114
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I bet Cosby's cell phone is buzzing with agents LOL (:joker: we all know college kids can't have agents yet ):specnatz:

He already has an agent. Remember he played 4 years of minor league baseball.

DiehardChris
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
That shot of the OSU fan crying with her head buried in that guy's neck is priceless. Not as priceless as that shot of the OU kid crying - but it's right up there.

Good to see the should-be-playing-for-the-National-Title Longhorns win on the strength of the should-be-Heisman-winner Colt McCoy.

JCTexan
01-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Ohio St. scores to go up 21-17 and they go for two? That's a mistake. If Texas scores a TD, they would lead 24-21 and OSU would kick a FG to tie. If OSU goes for one and Texas scores, they are down 24-22 and would kick a FG to win. I think Tressel had a brain fart.

But all for not. Still a stupid decision by OSU imo.

Exciting game by the way.

The Longhorns would have gone for two instead of kicking the extra point if the Buckeyes kicked the extra point.

The1ApplePie
01-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Why can the NCAA just give us the game America (and advertisers) want to see:

USC vs. UT part 2

Is anyone really salivating at the awesome BCS Title game we have comming up?

JCTexan
01-05-2009, 11:18 PM

If Orakpo falls I hope the Texans take him. That sack in the final minute was only a 3-man rush & Orakpo got there in a hurry.

JCTexan
01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Why can the NCAA just give us the game America (and advertisers) want to see:

USC vs. UT part 2

Is anyone really salivating at the awesome BCS Title game we have comming up?

I'm a big fan of a playoff. Why should teams like USC, Utah & Texas not have a shot of a NC with the same records as Florida & Oklahoma?

Hardcore Texan
01-05-2009, 11:21 PM
It's a Jerry Macguire reference.

Mailman
01-05-2009, 11:22 PM
The Longhorns would have gone for two instead of kicking the extra point if the Buckeyes kicked the extra point.

Right, but the burden would be on UT to force the same worst case scenario for OSU (FG to tie).

awtysst
01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm a big fan of a playoff. Why should teams like USC, Utah & Texas not have a shot of a NC with the same records as Florida & Oklahoma?

How about Utah? Why should Utah run the table, beat everyone that is put in front of them and not get an opportunity to win it on the field of play?

JCTexan
01-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Right, but the burden would be on UT to force the same worst case scenario for OSU (FG to tie).

Yeah, but they would have gone for it. There was no way they go for 1 to make it a 24-22 game.

How about Utah? Why should Utah run the table, beat everyone that is put in front of them and not get an opportunity to win it on the field of play?

I mentioned Utah. I don't think you should just hand it to Utah for running the table either. Utah didn't have Texas' or Florida's schedule. If you have a playoff system nobody is complaining.

gg no re
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
If OSU goes for one and Texas scores, they are down 24-22 and would kick a FG to win. I think Tressel had a brain fart.
IIRC OSU lost to UT 24-22 a few years ago.... maybe it was a subconscious thing?

But oh well, game's over.

bah007
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
This was my write-up about the game four weeks ago:

As we get closer to the game my take will become more in-depth, but for right now:

I think Texas wins handily against Ohio St for a few reasons.

I expect Texas to come out trying to prove why their fans are "whining" about getting left out. I already hear "fans" saying that we should run up the score on OSU. I disagree. Mack never rubs it in and that is one of the reasons we are where we are. A lot of people respect that. I couldn't care less about "style points" when all it does is lead to poor sportsmanship.

Pryor is a good player. But he will be like the sixth or seventh best QB Texas has faced this year, and not even the best freshman (Robert Griffin).

OSU will get their yards running the ball. I have no doubt of that. But as the Texas defense does to everybody, we will force them to be one-dimensional. If Pryor tries to pass, he will get hammered. Unless a Big XII crew is officiating, Orakpo and Kindle will combine for at least three sacks.

OSU's defense is a tougher match-up I think. They will have to blitz us to get pressure, but they have a secondary that isn't bothered by getting left on an island. I expect we will have serious trouble establishing any type of running game other than McCoy on draws and scrambles. Expect Cosby and Shipley to each have about 10 catches on quick slants, screens, and hitches.

I think it will be a great first half, with Texas pulling away in the second half. The only game that will rival this one in intensity is the OU/UF game.

Spot on in most places I think, sans the score...

TD
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
I can't believe I forgot the game was on until the 4th quarter and still only watched < 5 minutes when I did remember. The BCS has ruined bowl season.

bah007
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM
My postgame thoughts:

I thought before the game that Texas would probably win something like 31-10. Way wrong.

Texas was outplayed the entire first half. The defense played heroically to keep it to a 6-3 halftime deficit. The offense was outclassed by the OSU defense in the first half. Piss poor playcalling and miscues by McCoy and the RB's kept Texas from having any success on offense.

Offense:
McCoy wasn't bad, but he wasn't anything like the player we saw most of the season. ALL the credit for that goes to the OSU defense. The RB's missed blocks, dropped passes, and got zero yards after contact. The o line wasn't terrible. They opened up few holes in the running game but they did a decent enough job for McCoy against the blitz.

In the 3rd quarter, the offense caught fire, dominating the entire quarter. But as good as they were in the 3rd, they were that bad in the 4th. Constantly losing yardage and failing to sustain drives. McCoy came up clutch when the game was on the line. The RB's finally found a little bit of room to run. Ogbonnaya made some key plays in the passing game. Cosby carried the team with catch after catch after catch (finished with 14).

Defense:
Roy Miller was fantastic the entire game. In the first half, OSU was able to control the game by pounding the ball. The Texas DL did a fairly good job against the run, but the LB's were terrible. Bobino missed his gap at least 80% of the time and Muckelroy constantly took poor angles. Gideon and Thomas missed countless tackles. The CB's were solid enough. Orakpo provided plenty of pass rush, but OSU just started rolling away from him on passing plays because Melton was getting abused.

In the second half, Orakpo didn't play as well. He didn't provide as much pressure and completely whiffed Pryor on an option play that was cut up underneath him. Miller was obviously the biggest force on defense. Norton replaced Bobino but made the same mistakes. The secondary has had tackling issues all year long, and in the 4th quarter they were pathetic. I was counting missed tackles on literally every single play.

Offensive MVP: Cosby. Made clutch play after clutch play and didn't miss a single block.

Defensive MVP: Miller. Right where he was supposed to be on every single play tonight. Made himself a lot of draft money in this game.

Offensive LVP: Playcalling. Greg Davis called 63 designed passing plays and 21 designed running plays in this game. There was no balance and we were lucky to even score 24.

Defensive LVP: Bobino and Norton. They were both lost whenever they were on the field. We should have just gone to a nickel and taken the middle LB off the field.

DiehardChris
01-06-2009, 01:25 AM
My postgame thoughts:

I thought before the game that Texas would probably win something like 31-10. Way wrong.

Texas was outplayed the entire first half. The defense played heroically to keep it to a 6-3 halftime deficit. The offense was outclassed by the OSU defense in the first half. Piss poor playcalling and miscues by McCoy and the RB's kept Texas from having any success on offense.

Offense:
McCoy wasn't bad, but he wasn't anything like the player we saw most of the season. ALL the credit for that goes to the OSU defense. The RB's missed blocks, dropped passes, and got zero yards after contact. The o line wasn't terrible. They opened up few holes in the running game but they did a decent enough job for McCoy against the blitz.

In the 3rd quarter, the offense caught fire, dominating the entire quarter. But as good as they were in the 3rd, they were that bad in the 4th. Constantly losing yardage and failing to sustain drives. McCoy came up clutch when the game was on the line. The RB's finally found a little bit of room to run. Ogbonnaya made some key plays in the passing game. Cosby carried the team with catch after catch after catch (finished with 14).

Defense:
Roy Miller was fantastic the entire game. In the first half, OSU was able to control the game by pounding the ball. The Texas DL did a fairly good job against the run, but the LB's were terrible. Bobino missed his gap at least 80% of the time and Muckelroy constantly took poor angles. Gideon and Thomas missed countless tackles. The CB's were solid enough. Orakpo provided plenty of pass rush, but OSU just started rolling away from him on passing plays because Melton was getting abused.

In the second half, Orakpo didn't play as well. He didn't provide as much pressure and completely whiffed Pryor on an option play that was cut up underneath him. Miller was obviously the biggest force on defense. Norton replaced Bobino but made the same mistakes. The secondary has had tackling issues all year long, and in the 4th quarter they were pathetic. I was counting missed tackles on literally every single play.

Offensive MVP: Cosby. Made clutch play after clutch play and didn't miss a single block.

Defensive MVP: Miller. Right where he was supposed to be on every single play tonight. Made himself a lot of draft money in this game.

Offensive LVP: Playcalling. Greg Davis called 63 designed passing plays and 21 designed running plays in this game. There was no balance and we were lucky to even score 24.

Defensive LVP: Bobino and Norton. They were both lost whenever they were on the field. We should have just gone to a nickel and taken the middle LB off the field.

Totally agree on Greg Davis. Sheesh. I'd go as far to say we won in spite of his best "efforts." The only thing I'll give him credit for was keeping Cosby away from Mike Jenkins for the most part.

Texecutioner
01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Greg Davis practically gave that game away to them. I can't believe that we pulled it out.

They should have been chunking bombs to Malcom Williams to get the defense back to make those easy little slants and hitches easier to execute with more space. God almighty, I'll never understand why Mack does some of the things he does with Freshman players.

Great effort by the defense to keep Texas back into that game. Miller was great, and Chikie Brown should be fun to watch for the next few years.

And I would have liked to have seen more of Aarron Williams. He made a really nice blitz that forced a throw early on in the game while Pryor was in the red zone. That kid is going to be a great player to have as well.

nunusguy
01-06-2009, 07:15 AM
UT was fortunate to win that game. I won't say the 4th down call on the OSU sidelines was a gift, dank near it, but the 2nd personal foul call against the OSU DLineman pass-rushing McCoy was a gift. Just like those personal foul gifts UT got in the OU game in Dallas. McCoy made a couple bone-head
throws, but he's very talented and dazzled in the clutch.
Atleast UT won but even if OU wins Thursday (and that's doubtful the way Stupps teams underachieve in bowl games), the Big 12 has been exposed as more hype than elite of the major conferences in this bowl season.
Based on what we've seen with only the OU/FLA game to play, the countrys best team is clearly west of the Rockies. Make that the countrys "two" best teams.

kastofsna
01-06-2009, 07:35 AM
yet another BCS game i completely forgot about. looked like a good one

gwallaia
01-06-2009, 07:47 AM

If OSU would have been successful, the score would have been 23-17. UT scores the TD, the game is tied 23-23, UT kicks the extra point and goes ahead 24-23. OSU should have just kicked the XP to give a FG a chance to win it.

But yeah, OSU goes up 22-17, UT scores goes for two to make it 25-22.

But its all for not anyway.

Kaiser Toro
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
As some folks have mentioned Greg Davis almost cost us that game by not stretching the field and throwing deep early, and then having no feel for the play on the field (after he made a great decision to go to a hurry up offense) as our offensive line started pushing their D line back in the 3rd quarter.

I hate Greg Davis, always have.

BTW, in my opinion the two best teams in the land were USC and UT and they should have been playing for this exhibition called the BCS Title game. How a team loses on their home field to an unranked team and deserves to be playing for the "right" to call themselves Champion is insulting to the fans.

HOU-TEX
01-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Texas' running game truly disappointed me this year. This is the primary reason why I thought McCoy deserved the Heisman more than the other 2. Other than Colt their running game sucked this season. Fozzy Whittaker underwhelmed me this year. I know he was injured early on, but after watching him play a few years here in Pearland I thought he would explode in that offense. Eh, he's still young so hopefully he can add some lbs and show what he's capable of.

/Rant Off/

Awesome drive by Colt and Cosby. That was clutch!

Hookem Horns
01-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Based on what we've seen with only the OU/FLA game to play, the countrys best team is clearly west of the Rockies. Make that the countrys "two" best teams.

Utah?

bah007
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Utah?

If I was a media member with a vote in the AP poll I would vote Utah #1 regardless of what happens in the championship game.

Their schedule didn't dazzle but they did beat Alabama, TCU, Oregon St, and BYU. They also had the stones to schedule Michigan a year after they finished in the top 10 (the game was scheduled two or three years ago). It's not their fault UM fell apart this year. They were the only team that didn't trip up this year. They are the only undefeated team.

If Florida wins the game I would vote:
1. Utah
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Oklahoma

If Oklahoma wins the game I would vote:
1. Utah
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. USC
5. Florida

Texan_Bill
01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
As long as they're disappointed!

I think Yankee was disappointed. He quit texting me sometime in the 4th quarter.

Hey Yankee, hope y'all had a good time anyway and were safe getting home. It was all in good fun.

Big XII baby!!!

TexanSam
01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Best thing about yesterday's game...they kept showing McCoy's girlfriend in the stands. She's cute.

gg no re
01-06-2009, 03:20 PM
She was Colt's girlfriend.

brb going to Austin.

rollinstone18
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Even with UT's victory, the big 12 was exposed.

keep your trenchcoat on fellas, you've got nothing to brag about.

I guess OU can save face if they win big over Florida.

Tailgate
01-06-2009, 03:36 PM
If I was a media member with a vote in the AP poll I would vote Utah #1 regardless of what happens in the championship game.

Their schedule didn't dazzle but they did beat Alabama, TCU, Oregon St, and BYU. They also had the stones to schedule Michigan a year after they finished in the top 10 (the game was scheduled two or three years ago). It's not their fault UM fell apart this year. They were the only team that didn't trip up this year. They are the only undefeated team.

If Florida wins the game I would vote:
1. Utah
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Oklahoma

If Oklahoma wins the game I would vote:
1. Utah
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. USC
5. Florida

People forget OU destroyed TCU and it took a last second TD pass just for Utah to beat TCU at home. Its not crazy to think maybe Bama may have been quite a bit overrated.... or simply deflated to even be there.

Tailgate
01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
UT was fortunate to win that game. I won't say the 4th down call on the OSU sidelines was a gift, dank near it, but the 2nd personal foul call against the OSU DLineman pass-rushing McCoy was a gift. Just like those personal foul gifts UT got in the OU game in Dallas. McCoy made a couple bone-head
throws, but he's very talented and dazzled in the clutch.
Atleast UT won but even if OU wins Thursday (and that's doubtful the way Stupps teams underachieve in bowl games), the Big 12 has been exposed as more hype than elite of the major conferences in this bowl season.

If OU loses... then hard to argue. But if OU wins... no way you can say the conference was exposed. Ok St who was the 3rd or 4th best team in the B12 lost to the 2nd best PAC 10 team... and Ok St looked to dominate that game early but it just seemed after Dez Bryant went down the first time that the game was never the same. No argument for Tech other than they always get exposed in big games away from Lubbock. At home they are a crazy dangerous team to play no matter how good you think you are coming in there. The North actually showed up and did its part... so check. Then you would have UT (3-0 all time in BCS bowls, won 5 bowls in a row) winning its BCS...check. As well as OU claiming the national title for our conference as well.... biggest check of em all..... going 5-2 total.

Again, if OU wins (and I am doubting they will) im not sure what many could say or prove that this was not one of the best years for the conference overall since its inception.

axman40
01-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Right after the game I switched to ESPN and they were talking about UT's great comeback but on the crawl it had Texas 1st Bowl loss in 5 years and had it up for 2 commercial breaks before changing it to Texas 6th straight Bowl victory.
Those guys at ESPN crack me up sometimes!
:cool:

Kaiser Toro
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
UT was a 12-1 team that lost on the road on the last play of the game, and somehow that diminishes their season. FWIW, no team in the land overcame as much adversity this past season as they did - the stretch of games against ranked opponents and coming from behind in multiple games.

I love that UT Football is held to a higher standard by the entire country.

Ole Miss Texan
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
So how do yall think Malcolm Jenkins played last night? I'm sure he'll be way gone by our pick but curious nonetheless.

Texecutioner
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
So how do yall think Malcolm Jenkins played last night? I'm sure he'll be way gone by our pick but curious nonetheless.

Hard to say. Hard to really judge that entire defense of OSU last night really. I mean hell, they knew what Texas was doing the entire time any way. The game plan was obvious and all Texas did was slant and Hitch pass them all night long. There was never a real running threat and even when they did run the ball, it's not like the zone read and shotgun formation runs are that hard to stop or worry about.

Malcom Jenkins is a pretty good CB though. I'd love to have him.

Yankee_In_TX
01-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry, too busy at work to write a well thought out post unless I am venting :)

UT's no huddle/hurry up offense caught us with our pants around our ankles.

Beanie Wells, hurt again, sigh. Right when I was about to start wanting Tressel gone, due to his inability to make in game adjustments (sound familiar Texans fans?) - he did. Beanie was on the sideline, and UT's spy on prior was keeping us from moving the ball.

Low and behold put Pryor wide and Boeckman at QB. Though Pryor's only reception was the TD.

In the end, our D gave up too much per play on the final drive. Colt was in a rhythm we couldn't stop.

There were BS calls both ways, which IMHO evened out. Missed field goal and two points conversions schmerions, coulda' woulda' shoulda', UT was the better team.

Nice of the Buckeyes to show up though, heck of a game. Beanie is gone, will have to see what we can do with Pryor and a young D next year against USC in the fall.