PDA

View Full Version : Anything New on Vince Young?

awtysst
12-08-2008, 01:19 AM
This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!

imatexan
12-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Aw man I was looking foward to bashing VY :(

The Pencil Neck
12-08-2008, 01:25 AM
This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!

Last I heard, he missed a couple of practices this past week because of an infection of cuticle or something.

He also got to play a little bit on Turkey day when the game was totally out of reach.

Silver Oak
12-08-2008, 07:23 AM
From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.

gtexan02
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans

MannyFresh
12-08-2008, 09:01 AM
I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans

Along with the limo that supposed to pick him from his house and drive him 10 minutes to the stadium or has he come up missing again?

Honoring Earl 34
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM
The irony is some fans wanted Vince to replace Carr and now both are backups .

nero THE zero
12-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Latest news is that he was Questionable for Week 14. He suffered a thumb injury they think was due to excessive sucking.

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 09:35 AM
He got a new endorsement contract.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/VinceSausage.gif

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Repped.... Awesome!!!!!!

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA

All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago. :lion:

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA

All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago. :lion:

I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.

Htownsportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
As it stand now VY and the our former number 8 appear to be riding the bench all they way to the superbowl pending a collapse!

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.
According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.

You takin it back?

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Young Update:
He is going to the playoffs.

Texans update:
They are not.

:smiliedance:

Moo!

eriadoc
12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Young Update:

Texans update:
They are not.

Moo!

So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Young Update:

Texans update:
They are not.

Moo!

Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.

infantrycak
12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.

Maybe they'll send him to the probowl again this year--he has earned it just about as much as his rookie season.

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.

Yes because 10-6 and making the playoffs is mediocre. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this Batman ... if 10-6 is mediocre; what is a team that has finished within 2 games of that one time in the franchise history?

ZX758
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Maybe VY will take Carr to Dicks Deli right before the Super bowl(if of course both teams make it that far)

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe they'll send him to the probowl again this year--he has earned it just about as much as his rookie season.

I actually agree with this statement. He should go to the pro Bowl. Without him on the BENCH we probably would not be 12-1 ... but we are.

Any predictions how long Shammy can stay in the game?

I am guessing 2 quarters.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Maybe VY will take Carr to Dicks Deli right before the Super bowl(if of course both teams make it that far)

Ha!!! Repped.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Re: Anything New on Vince Young?

I heard he's still coaching in South Carolina...

http://www.theflickchicks.com/flick-chicks/images/movie-photos/The%20Flick%20Chicks%20Movie%20Reviews%20critics%2 0Radio.jpg

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
With this weeks victory the Titans will once again crush any hope the Texans have of a winning season. :tiphat:

Brando
12-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I heard he's still coaching in South Carolina...

http://www.theflickchicks.com/flick-chicks/images/movie-photos/The%20Flick%20Chicks%20Movie%20Reviews%20critics%2 0Radio.jpg

Be careful with this one TB, you may be neg repped and called a bigot for this from a certain poster.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Be careful with this one TB, you may be neg repped and called a bigot for this from a certain poster.

:eek: *shivers with fear*

Brando
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
:eek: *shivers with fear*

lol You sure you don't have hypothermia?

You Tube/Kramer:spit: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhR4vsLNes&eurl=http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/&feature=player_embedded)

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
lol You sure you don't have hypothermia?

You Tube/Kramer:spit: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhhR4vsLNes&eurl=http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/&feature=player_embedded)

LMAO!!! That's me....

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
LMAO!!! That's me....

Vince has hired Kramer and Newman to make sausage for his company.

VY hires Newman and Kramer to produce sausage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUP1wsmqUU)

:splits:

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you guys ever talk football or just about Young sausage?

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Vince has hired Kramer and Newman to make sausage for his company.

VY hires Newman and Kramer to produce sausage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUP1wsmqUU)

:splits:

:spit: Too funny!!!

Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)

The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

2009 Combine and NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM

We talk football in the NFL and Texans section of the board...here we can make fun of other players favorite past time. Why do you always question this? He does have a sausage company, no?

http://www.vinceyoungsausage.com/VYFoodsSm.jpg/VYFoodsSm-full.jpg

No photoshop required.

http://www.vinceyoungsausage.com/

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 02:32 PM

i gotta agree. its pretty pathetic. i guess that is how it goes when immature Texans fan can't talk smack about anything on the football field..they have to resort to 3rd rate sausage jokes and jokes that VY is gay.

i remember when I used to call out Carr for being a loser and making fun of him and most of these posters called me a traitor and that I didn't know anything and that I was being immature saying that he sucked and his dad was a gravy trainer.......

...i guess making sausage jokes and gay jokes or ok but when you start talking football or lamenting how someone's parent is getting in the way of a player's development, you get neg repped and told you are a loser.

must be pot calling kettle back. i wouldn't worry about it Blazing Arrow. Until the Texans can beat the Titans on the football field, us Texans fans really have nothing to stand on other than immature hijinx and 3rd rate gay/sausage jokes that stopped being funny a long long time ago.

but what do some of these losers know. they were the same guys who had Carr's sausage so far down their throat you couldn't understand a word they were saying.

par for course for the football 'minds' around here.

DBCooper
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Lost his job to a journeyman, will never get it back.

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
i gotta agree. its pretty pathetic. i guess that is how it goes when immature Texans fan can't talk smack about anything on the football field..they have to resort to 3rd rate sausage jokes and jokes that VY is gay.

i remember when I used to call out Carr for being a loser and making fun of him and most of these posters called me a traitor and that I didn't know anything and that I was being immature saying that he sucked and his dad was a gravy trainer.......

...i guess making sausage jokes and gay jokes or ok but when you start talking football or lamenting how someone's parent is getting in the way of a player's development, you get neg repped and told you are a loser.

must be pot calling kettle back. i wouldn't worry about it Blazing Arrow. Until the Texans can beat the Titans on the football field, us Texans fans really have nothing to stand on other than immature hijinx and 3rd rate gay/sausage jokes that stopped being funny a long long time ago.

but what do some of these losers know. they were the same guys who had Carr's sausage so far down their throat you couldn't understand a word they were saying.

I knew you would be here to defend your guy. The jokes aren't funny to you because you love the guy. Go choke on VY's smoked sausage........

Yeah I'll talk a little football for you guys....

He is the back up and Kerry Coillins led them to a 12-1 record just like I said in preseason, that they would be better off with Collins starting. But clearly according to VY fans, they have a 12-1 record because "Vince just wins".:spit:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM

Hey looky there! Another post by SH that mentions David Carr. Imagine that!

Dude, he's gone, let him go.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
:popcorn:

Blazing Arrow
I am not to worried about it SH I just like pointing it out. :specnatz:

Brando
Hey looky there! Another post by SH that mentions David Carr. Imagine that!

Dude, he's gone, let him go.

or throwing the Texans fans under the bus to defend his guy. Imagine that.

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I knew you would be here to defend your guy. The jokes aren't funny to you because you love the guy. Go choke on VY's sausage........

defend 'my' guy? there is nothing to defend football-wise. he had a very promising rookie campaign and since then has gone into the tank and now looks like a spoiled rotten little kid. how could I defend that type of behavior?

what I can do is call out the juvenile 'vy is gay' 'vy loves sausage' schtick as being pretty freaking stale right about now. there is a lot to legitimately criticize VY about, so why resort to the mob mentality gay bashing. its your right to do so, this is the smack talk board. I'm just sayin.

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
defend 'my' guy? there is nothing to defend football-wise. he had a very promising rookie campaign and since then has gone into the tank and now looks like a spoiled rotten little kid. how could I defend that type of behavior?

what I can do is call out the juvenile 'vy is gay' 'vy loves sausage' schtick as being pretty freaking stale right about now. there is a lot to legitimately criticize VY about, so why resort to the mob mentality gay bashing. its your right to do so, this is the smack talk board. I'm just sayin.

That's right, so you come in, step in the middle of a discussion with other Texans fans and BA and call us losers. Your weak.

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
He is the back up and Kerry Coillins led them to a 12-1 record just like I said in preseason, that they would be better off with Collins starting. But clearly according to VY fans, they have a 12-1 record because "Vince just wins".:spit:

So as a Cow fan you are trying to mock a 12-1 team? Rich ...

Vince Young has been in more playoff games then any player as a Texan in the team’s franchise. No matter how bad he maybe he is still reaching achievements that only float around in the wet dreams of Mario Williams.

Texecutioner
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM

So sad and so true. They want to constantly blast off on VY who is at least a native Houstonian that was a Texans fan and desperately wanted to be a Texan and these low life fans ridicule him and want him to fail and humiliate himself every chance they get. It's actually embarrassing to the fan base in my opinion. There is no leg to stand on to talk trash to the Titans right now realistically, so certain fans of ours have to reach out in other ways and hope for a 2nd string QB of the Titans who have disaster after disaster and that is what they have to get off on. Having to look for other ways like wishing misfortune upon a 2nd string QB to call this a successful season is beyond pathetic. In the end fans from other teams just laugh at stuff like this and form poor opinions about our fan base just because of a few ignorant ones that are so miserable with out current situation that they want a home town kid that has shown nothing but love to this organization and this city to have a severe break down. :yawn:

But yet, David Carr was their prince. Lol!

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Vince Young has been in more playoff games then any player as a Texan in the team’s franchise. No matter how bad he maybe he is still reaching achievements that only float around in the wet dreams of Mario Williams.

I didn't see where anyone mocked the Tinnbreads (hard to mock any 12-1 team), just sausage boi.

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM

WTF? are you talking about, mocking a 12-1 team? no. All props to the record...it would not have been possible if Vince was the starting QB.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So sad and so true. They want to constantly blast off on VY who is at least a native Houstonian that was a Texans fan and desperately wanted to be a Texan

Easy there hoss. Let's not paint with such a broad brush. I'm as die hard Texan fan as they come. I'm from Houston and I never once wanted VY on the Texans.

Brando
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
So sad and so true. They want to constantly blast off on VY who is at least a native Houstonian that was a Texans fan and desperately wanted to be a Texan and these low life fans ridicule him and want him to fail and humiliate himself every chance they get. It's actually embarrassing to the fan base in my opinion. There is no leg to stand on to talk trash to the Titans right now realistically, so certain fans of ours have to reach out in other ways and hope for a 2nd string QB of the Titans who have disaster after disaster and that is what they have to get off on. Having to look for other ways like wishing misfortune upon a 2nd string QB to call this a successful season is beyond pathetic. In the end fans from other teams just laugh at stuff like this and form poor opinions about our fan base just because of a few ignorant ones that are so miserable with out current situation that they want a home town kid that has shown nothing but love to this organization and this city to have a severe break down. :yawn:

I don't hate VY....I hate his fans.

Hardcore Texan
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays....:whip:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM

TB, did you rattle your zipper? That's the only reason I can think of that provoked this post. :spit:

By the way, aren't personal insults against forum rules?

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
WTF? are you talking about, mocking a 12-1 team? no. All props to the record...it would not have been possible if Vince was the starting QB.

I don't agree with that statement. Though we might have had issues in some games I think Chris Johnson really changed the dynamics of this team.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
TB, did you rattle your zipper? That's the only reason I can think of that provoked this post. :spit:

By the way, aren't personal insults against forum rules?

I guess maybe I did :thinking:

Goldensilence
12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't see what's so hard to explain outside of Houston why some Texans fans will crack at Reggie Bush and Vince Young at every chance they get now.

The media lambasted us draft day for passing on the can't miss talent Reggie and hometown hero Vince. It was more pronounced after the season each has relatively as a rookie. Vince got a PB nod by injury and Reggie's team made it to the NFC championship. The past two seasons both have struggled while Mario Williams is starting to develop into an elite talent. Some media types are waking up to the fact they were wrong.

Being in the same division and the history between the two cities there will always be some animosity between the two teams. How deep it is varies. I still hope that Tennessee does nothing until Houston wins a title. I hold nothing personal against Vince or Reggie but professionally they haven't met the hype.

SH man I like your rants but dude.....let David Carr go.

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Texans forum and NFL forum contain plenty of football talk. You know this already.

What exactly do you want "mature" Texans fans to talk smack about in here relating to the football field. Show me an example of this smack you talk to Titans fans when you're team is sub .500 and has a 2-11 record against their team please. We need an example of a paragon of maturity to come in here and show us how the "Smack Forum" (Where all the truly mature posts are made) should be run.

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Easy there hoss. Let's not paint with such a broad brush. I'm as die hard Texan fan as they come. I'm from Houston and I never once wanted VY on the Texans.

he meant that VY wanted to be a Texan, not that all Texans fans wanted him to be drafted. fan sentiment was pretty much 60for/40against before Carr was retained. Once Kubiak said he could work with Carr, the argument was mute. there still were a lot of fans that were not sure VY was the right fit, and I was one of them. I just knew that if we drafted VY, Carr wouldn't be here, and that would at least give us a fighting chance at winning and not having to waste so much $$ on DC. And with VY's rookie play and with AJ and Daniels to throw to, maybe things would have been productive. We wouldn't have Mario, and that would suck, but you never know how things would have gone.

One thing is for sure, VY's days at Tennessee are pretty much done. Its just not going to work out for him there and if he doesn't get serious about being an NFL QB it won't work out anywhere for the guy. Wow, that sounds familiar. Fresno Tuck anyone?

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Well I've been called worse by Vince Young fan boys. No problem for me, but just thought calling people names was against forum rules and shows how weak you truly are.

Yeah, it's funny they have to refer to personal insults to take up for Sausage Boy.

BTW, I just noticed your sig. That's freakin awesome! Steve "The Mach 5" Slaton!

Brando
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays....:whip:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m249/PL00m_Lift/Office_Space_asskick.jpg

:cool:

powerfuldragon
12-08-2008, 03:13 PM

[insert NAMBLA joke]

Hardcore Texan
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m249/PL00m_Lift/Office_Space_asskick.jpg

:cool:

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't see what's so hard to explain outside of Houston why some Texans fans will crack at Reggie Bush and Vince Young at every chance they get now.

The media lambasted us draft day for passing on the can't miss talent Reggie and hometown hero Vince. It was more pronounced after the season each has relatively as a rookie. Vince got a PB nod by injury and Reggie's team made it to the NFC championship. The past two seasons both have struggled while Mario Williams is starting to develop into an elite talent. Some media types are waking up to the fact they were wrong.

Being in the same division and the history between the two cities there will always be some animosity between the two teams. How deep it is varies. I still hope that Tennessee does nothing until Houston wins a title. I hold nothing personal against Vince or Reggie but professionally they haven't met the hype.

SH man I like your rants but dude.....let David Carr go.

you are totally 100% correct. The animosity is good and healthy for a rivalry, but the gay jokes and sausage jokes are just so played out and lame. people need to try something original or god forbid, football related. the guy isn't gay and he happens to sell sausage. I guess that makes Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips gay too by that flawed logic.

just grow up, 'VY is gay' bashers

and as for me getting over the failure that was the DC Universe, it's gonna take stability at the QB position to heal those wounds. Schaub is the guy to do that if he can stay healthy, that is for sure.

infantrycak
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Simmer down folks--geez. It's the smack talk forum. Pretty hard for Texans fans to talk smack about the Tacks right now, but it is understandable for folks to talk smack about VY after all the crud slung Houston's way after the draft.

Keep it civil though.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Uncle Rico never gets old..........

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Uncle Rico never gets old..........

now that is funny.

Specnatz
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Yeah, so what? Billy Volek has won more playoff games than his weinerness.

What exactly do you want "mature" Texans fans to talk smack about in here relating to the football field. Show me an example of this smack you talk to Titans fans when you're team is sub .500 and has a 2-11 record against their team please. We need an example of a paragon of maturity to come in here and show us how the "Smack Forum" (Where all the truly mature posts are made) should be run.

Smack Talk is what it is and does not need a rational behind it.

Brando
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Simmer down folks--geez. It's the smack talk forum. Pretty hard for Texans fans to talk smack about the Tacks right now, but it is understandable for folks to talk smack about VY after all the crud slung Houston's way after the draft.

Keep it civil though.

:) Exactly! Mostly from VY fan boys.

Hey who do we play this week? Oh the Vince Young and the Titans...he can do it all..... even on the sideline. He produces telekinetic energy.:aggressive:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
you are totally 100% correct. The animosity is good and healthy for a rivalry, but the gay jokes and sausage jokes are just so played out and lame. people need to try something original or god forbid, football related. the guy isn't gay and he happens to sell sausage. I guess that makes Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips gay too by that flawed logic.

just grow up

and as for me getting over the failure that was the DC Universe, it's gonna take stability at the QB position to heal those wounds. Schaub is the guy to do that if he can stay healthy, that is for sure.

And your never ending rants and comments of Carr aren't played out and lame? Come on dude, I used to be entertained by your constant Carr sucks babble. That was when he was still around or shortly after he was sent packing. I now find it borderline scary that someone has such an obsession.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't get it... If HOU-TEX can laugh about being gay........ :thinking:

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I knew you would be here to defend your guy. The jokes aren't funny to you because
They're not funny. End of story, simple as that. I don't know what kind of humor you guys have, but it's not funny.

Brando
12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
They're not funny. End of story, simple as that. I don't know what kind of humor you guys have, but it's not funny.

:ok: Thanks! It not ha ha funny but making fun of someone funny and more toward the VY fans than Vince himself after all of the shit that was shoved down our throat for a few years. Being a Texans fan I thought you would understand. Guess not. :shrug:

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
:ok: Thanks! It not ha ha funny but making fun of someone funny and more toward the VY fans than Vince himself after all of the shit that was shoved down our throat for a few years. Being a Texans fan I thought you would understand. Guess not. :shrug:

Hey you chose the team to route for. Not our fault they are consistently terrible.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't get it... If HOU-TEX can laugh about being gay........ :thinking:

It is slightly arousing to hear people talk of sausage.

Signed,

TB and his fellow Rump-Rangers

Brando
12-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey you chose the team to route for. Not our fault they are consistently terrible.

WTf? Am I on a paper route? At least the team I root for is a city I was born and raised in.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
It is slightly arousing to hear people talk of sausage.

Signed,

TB and his fellow Rump-Rangers

I should know.

Signed,

HOU-TEX, captain for Team Rainbow

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM
WTf? Am I on a paper route? At least the team I root for is a city I was born and raised in.

Hey, don't question BA's intelligence. He went to a School who "wouldn't even look" at some of us............according to him. :spit:

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't find penises humurous, sorry. The word, yes. The use of it, no.

Brando
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't find penises humurous, sorry. The word, yes. The use of it, no.

Point taken. My argument isn't with you man.:fans:

imatexan
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Are you a Titans fan?

Can fans not talk smack anymore against our most hated team?

Some of you Texans fans disappoint me!

As for me I welcome any making fun of the Titans as long as it does not go to far, which this does not.

Can't wait to beat them sunday and show what is going to happen the first game in the playoffs!

Another year in Tenn. saying: "I thougt that dat theere team we hass was guna win dat shiny trophie"

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
I should know.

Signed,

HOU-TEX, captain for Team Rainbow

LMAO!
[laughing] "You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy."

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_Old_School/003OSC_Will_Ferrell_023.jpg

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey, don't question BA's intelligence. He went to a School who "wouldn't even look" at some of us............according to him. :spit:

Here is a word you are probably not familiar with being a Texans fan.

Clinch [klinch]

1. Resolvesomething decisively

transitive verb to settle in a positive way the outcome of something such as a business deal or an argument

I'll even use it in a sentence:

The Titans clinched the AFC South on Sunday.

Or

With another loss the Texans will clinch last place in division, again.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
LMAO!
[laughing] "You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy."

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_Old_School/003OSC_Will_Ferrell_023.jpg

That explains the Titan(esque) colors on your blow-up doll and your robe.

http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/news/2007/06/OldSchool_600x600.jpg

imatexan
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM

Clinch [klinch]

transitive verb to settle in a positive way the outcome of something such as a business deal or an argument

Or

Please check your stats before you post, as always with you.

How would we clinch last place with a loss?

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Here's a word you are all to familiar with:

futility

Main Entry: fu·til·i·ty
Pronunciation: \fyü-ˈti-lə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fu·til·i·ties
Date: circa 1623
1 : the quality or state of being futile : uselessness
2 : a useless act or gesture <the futilities of debate for its own sake — W. A. White>

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Worse than the Jags?

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Whoops

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Yay you! Would you like a ribbon? Or a chest to pin it on? :whip:

That explains the Titan(esque) colors on your blow-up doll and your robe.

One of my favorite movies ever. The dart in the neck scene has me rolling every time I watch it. Here's a vid of the dart scene. LMAO! Classic!

http://www.truveo.com/Old-School-Dart-Gun/id/1036631652

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
One of my favorite movies ever. The dart in the neck scene has me rolling every time I watch it. Here's a vid of the dart scene. LMAO! Classic!

http://www.truveo.com/Old-School-Dart-Gun/id/1036631652

We've got the same tastes in humor - 'cause that's like one of the all-time funniest scenes, ever. Stiffler with the mullet... "Yes!! That's awesome........"

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Please check your stats before you post, as always with you.

How would we clinch last place with a loss?

I thought the Jags disbanded .... my bad.

mexican_texan
12-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I thought the Jags disbanded .... my bad.
Not yet, the Arena league says their fan base is too small.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
We've got the same tastes in humor - 'cause that's like one of the all-time funniest scenes, ever. Stiffler with the mullet... "Yes!! That's awesome........"

Hmm, how about the tennis court scene in 'Mr Deeds'? I couldn't find just a clip of the scene but there are a couple in this video at the 1:20 mark and the 1:50 mark.

http://www.fancast.com/movies/Mr.-Deeds/4738/606390875/Mr.-Deeds/videos

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Hmm, how about the tennis court scene in 'Mr Deeds'? I couldn't find just a clip of the scene but there are a couple in this video at the 1:20 mark and the 1:50 mark.

http://www.fancast.com/movies/Mr.-Deeds/4738/606390875/Mr.-Deeds/videos

My office thinks that I am nuts. I'm laughing so hard and they have no idea what about.

How about when John Torturro (sp?) goes to town on Deed's foot with the poker?

TxDavid
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Clinch [klinch]

Or

Words & Phrases you should be familar with:

"The Choke"
"One Yard Short"

You're on top of the world right now, but remember your tacks are still the Oilers. So get used to the letdowns, you've got decades of history of them with plenty more one the way.

P.S. get ready for a stadium renovation request from Bud Adams in a few years....

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
P.S. get ready for a stadium renovation request from Bud Adams in a few years....

I hope he does. The #1 team in the NFL should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I hope he does. ..............should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.

And it starts....

YellerLotYeller
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I hope he does. The #1 team in the NFL should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic.

mmmm L.A. Titans

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
mmmm L.A. Titans

Can you imagine Bud's bad rug and cheap suit in LaLa Land??

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
My office thinks that I am nuts. I'm laughing so hard and they have no idea what about.

How about when John Torturro (sp?) goes to town on Deed's foot with the poker?

LOL! Yeah, that's pretty good too.

How about these 2 memorable scenes? I just watched them a couple more times and am still laughing as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_AfFK-A5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfiKHm016M&feature=related

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
The Oilers have found a good home with quality fans and they have paid them back with a Super Bowl appearance and many playoff appearances. I think we are pretty secure where we are at.

GlassHalfFull
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
The Oilers have found a good home with quality fans and they have paid them back with a Super Bowl appearance and many playoff appearances. I think we are pretty secure where we are at.

:popcorn:

Incoming!!! :hides:

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
LOL! Yeah, that's pretty good too.

How about these 2 memorable scenes? I just watched them a couple more times and am still laughing as I type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m_AfFK-A5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfiKHm016M&feature=related

LMFAO!!! :spit: Thats a great movie too. Vince Vaughn can be hilarious. On another note, I think I may have to post some Rachel McAdams and Isla Fisher pictures in the babe thread...

Another one of my favorite funny scenes is in 40 Year Old Virgin, when dude gets his chest waxed...

Second Honeymoon
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
The Jags are heading to LA, not the Titans. I would say for sure by 2015. The current system of 32 teams is perfect and is as balanced as it can be. They can't add a team for LA. The only other team besides Jacksonville that I could see making the move to LA would be the Rams going back to LA. That contract comes up in 2015 with some team options as early as 2012.

The only scenario where I could see the Titans going to LA is if Bud Adams dies and his family sell it to someone who wants to move it. Bud probably has a few years in the tank so he may outlive the Rams' window of opportunity to move to LA. With the economic recession/depression, I don't see how a fanbase the size of Jacksonville can viably support an NFL team. It was a nice GreenBay Of The South attempt but Florida already has 2 established championship teams in the Fins and Bucs.

oh crap this is the smacktalk forum..nm

gwallaia
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
....Bud Adams dies

I especially liked this part of your statement.

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 05:29 PM

Both! Just not in the same thread.... :thinking:

The Jags are heading to LA, not the Titans. I would say for sure by 2015. The current system of 32 teams is perfect and is as balanced as it can be. They can't add a team for LA. The only other team besides Jacksonville that I could see making the move to LA would be the Rams going back to LA. That contract comes up in 2015 with some team options as early as 2012.

I think the Rams go to L.A. (due to the stadium clause they have in St. Louis) and the Jaguars end up in St. Louis. It would make sense to have the NFC West Rams on the west coast. But maybe St. Louis just loses out and Mexico City steps up and takes the Jags. It's not impossible, considering that we will have the Toronto Bills soon enough.

Brando
12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
LMFAO!!! :spit: Thats a great movie too. Vince Vaughn can be hilarious. On another note, I think I may have to post some Rachel McAdams and Isla Fisher pictures in the babe thread...

Another one of my favorite funny scenes is in 40 Year Old Virgin, when dude gets his chest waxed...

Rachel McAdams...:drool:

On that scene in the 40YOV...his hair was really ripped out. The scene had to be done in one shot.
*ouch* but hilarious.

When he was going back to the times when he almost lost his virginity and the girl went to suck his toe....hilarious.

Bags of sand. :spit:

Favorite Steve Carell movie.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Rachel McAdams...:drool:

On that scene in the 40YOV...his hair was really ripped out. The scene had to be done in one shot.
*ouch* but hilarious.

When he was going back to the times when he almost lost his virginity and the girl went to suck his toe....hilarious.

Bags of sand. :spit:

Favorite Steve Carell movie.

I heard that about that scene and that's what made it really, really funny. Can you imagine doing that in one take and what your reaction would be??

Mailman
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM

The Oilers already had a fantastic home in the nation's fourth-largest city--a world-class, cosmopolitan city--with diehard fans who bled Columbia blue, and the asshole owner paid them back by moving them to Possum Holler and denying the true, long-suffering fans the opportunity to watch Houston's former team play in the franchise's first and only Super Bowl against the St. Louis Rams.

Chug bleach, Tack fan.

Brando
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I heard that about that scene and that's what made it really, really funny. Can you imagine doing that in one take and what your reaction would be??

Kelly Clarkson!

Silver Oak
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
The only scenario where I could see the Titans going to LA is if Bud Adams dies and his family sell it to someone who wants to move it.

dammit...you started to put a smile on my face with the Bud dying talk, then followed it up with him having a few years left.

wish you woulda stopped with Bud croaking.

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM

You know how I can tell?

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
You know how I can tell?

Because you live in the Bay Area.... :)

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
The Oilers already had a fantastic home in the nation's fourth-largest city--a world-class, cosmopolitan city--with diehard fans who bled Columbia blue, and the asshole owner paid them back by moving them to Possum Holler and denying the true, long-suffering fans the opportunity to watch Houston's former team play in the franchise's first and only Super Bowl against the St. Louis Rams.

Chug bleach, Tack fan.

:cry2:

I am a true fan and I suffered through the Crumble Dome for several seasons ... I enjoyed OUR super bowl game regardless of the out come.

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Because you live in the Bay Area.... :)

Makes spotting your type easier when you are constantly surrounded by it. :whip:

Hervoyel
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Chug bleach, Tack fan.

He can't hear you, he's busy.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Making-a-Titans-Fan.gif

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Makes spotting your type easier when you are constantly surrounded by it. :whip:

If HOU-TEX is captain of Team Rainbow, you are co-Captain. ;)

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
He can't hear you, he's busy.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/Making-a-Titans-Fan.gif

Rep if I could... Hilarious.

axman40
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I hear word fron the Smokey Mtns that a VinceKat formation will be used this Sunday!
:specnatz:

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I hear word fron the Smokey Mtns that a the VinceKat formation will be used this Sunday!
:specnatz:

AKA "the Pussycat"

TxDavid
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
:cry2:

I am a true fan and I suffered through the Crumble Dome for several seasons ... I enjoyed OUR super bowl game regardless of the out come.

Good to see you've come to realize your team will always come up short. Acceptance is the final stage......

disaacks3
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I hope he does. The #1 team in the NFL should at least be able to have two functioning score boards. Yesterday was pathetic. I didn't hear about any scoreboard issues for the Giants yesterday...

Ryan
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM

must spread rep! :spit:

Blazing Arrow
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't hear about any scoreboard issues for the Giants yesterday...

Did the Giants win or lose I forgot?

Wolf
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I heard he was superstitious and due to his "bad luck" switched from
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:EY08uZCGBLi4CM:http://www.spanalaskasales.com/media/Kraft-BBQ-Sauce-18oz.gif

on his sausage to
http://www.cuetopiatexas.com/catalog/images/peppersauce.jpg

to hopefully bring him good luck

False Start
12-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I hear Vince and Lendale share a food fetish.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/twinkiesandsausage2.jpg

Dread-Head
12-11-2008, 10:57 AM

MOTHER TRUCKER!!! Polychronopolous.

fortunately for me I don't have any chest or back hair.

Wolf
12-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I hear Vince and Lendale share a food fetish.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/twinkiesandsausage2.jpg

boy if they ever catch wind of what a kolache is
http://cache.consumerist.com/assets/resources/2007/11/Kolache.jpg

I sense a "Lady and a Tramp" moment except with a kolache
http://www.channel4.com/food/images/mb/Channel4/4Food/features/2008/feb/week_7/film_gallery/lady_and_the_tramp_gallery--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

:smiliedance::whip:

False Start
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
lol Wolf, there's definitely something going on in that pic. http://74.86.44.120/phpBB3/images/smilies/p_gayfight.gif

kastofsna
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
laugh all you want, but Vince just keeps racking up the wins. he's a winner!

Brando
12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.sportsocracy.org/imgs/merril.jpg

Blazing Arrow
12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Are the tuna nets even going to make the playoffs? I doubt it. :gun:

Texan_Bill
12-11-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.sportsocracy.org/imgs/merril.jpg

Genuis apparently ^^^^^^

Norg
12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
i hope the titans get wooped there first round of the playoffs agian

texanskan
12-12-2008, 01:52 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6160550.html

texanskan
12-12-2008, 01:53 AM
i hope the titans get wooped there first round of the playoffs agian

I think they will manage to earn the bye in the first round but yes they will lose to the New Jersey Favre's after that

kastofsna
12-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Are the tuna nets even going to make the playoffs? I doubt it. :gun:

1-15 last year, on track to win the division this year, i think i'll put a few bucks on making the playoffs in the next century or so

Hoge was pretty spot-on about Young. oh so was i :kingkong:

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Hoge was pretty spot-on about Young. oh so was i :kingkong:

Don't go breakin' your arm by pattin' yourself on the back.... :cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Vince Young loves Chorizo!!!

kastofsna
12-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Don't go breakin' your arm by pattin' yourself on the back.... :cowboy1:
me??? never!

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 10:29 AM
me??? never!

Well, in this case many of us can take credit for predicting this train wreck.

Dread-Head
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Vince Young loves Chorizo!!!

Isn't churizo (sp) basically fatty pork mixed with lots of salt and some oatmeal and possibly one of the greasiest food stuffs on planet earth? It's the sausage for those who jut can't have a heart attack fast enough.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Isn't churizo (sp) basically fatty pork mixed with lots of salt and some oatmeal and possibly one of the greasiest food stuffs on planet earth? It's the sausage for those who jut can't have a heart attack fast enough.

Yessir.

Brando
12-12-2008, 11:29 AM

It also breaks down when heated, sorta like VY.:heh:

Señor Stan
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM

A rough translation from Spanish to English of chorizo is "Everything but the oink."

Here is a popular dish down here...Chorizo con Queso Flameado...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/290205057_d22e400d7d_o.jpg

It comes with corn or flour tortillas and a 20% off coupon for angioplasty.

Double Barrel
12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
It could be said that Vince Young has become the most divisive player ever to play for the Titans/Oilers franchise.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41304

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! lol:

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41304

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Lol:

dang!!!!!

Texan_Bill
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
A rough translation from Spanish to English of chorizo is "Everything but the oink."

Here is a popular dish down here...Chorizo con Queso Flameado...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/290205057_d22e400d7d_o.jpg

It comes with corn or flour tortillas and a 20% off coupon for angioplasty.

Man that looks good......... and deadly.

axman40
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Here is Vince and the girls on the sidelines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeuX-W0XrY
:fans:

El Tejano
12-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I read on the bottom line that Bud Adams said that Vince is still in the plans and he will play when he is ready to go. That's all I've heard or read.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I read on the bottom line that Bud Adams said that Vince is still in the plans and he will play when he is ready to go. That's all I've heard or read.

Bud better be careful. His love for Vince may cause a butting of heads between he and Fisher.

Yankee_In_TX
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Errm, when he ran out during player warms ups a small group in the stands cheered for him and he jogged by and waved.

Not sure which is worse, their cheering for HIM, or the fact he waved.... LOL.

Brando
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Young files trademark lawsuit against Enos Cabell and 2 others

Titans quarterback Vince Young has filed a lawsuit in Houston against three individuals who applied for the trademark “VY” and “INVINCEABLE” after Young guided Texas to the national championship in 2006.

Young wants them to relinquish the trademark so he can use it. The third-year pro has been prevented from getting marketing deals, including some that were in the works for Reebok, Young’s agent said Wednesday.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court on Dec. 12 against Rodney Vannerson, Enos Cabell and Tom Roberson, listed as “three friends.”

“Vince is aware of it and he is the one who wanted to really pursue it because it’s been a part of him since he was playing in high school,’’ agent Major Adams said. “It is standing in the way of some things Vince wants to do. Even Reebok wanted to do some VY things and they had to back off because of litigation.’’

Attempts to reach Young for comment Wednesday were unsuccessful. His attorney, Delphine James, did not return a phone call.

Young guided Texas past USC in the 2006 Rose Bowl for the national championship. A few days later he declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft and was selected third overall by the Titans.

A day after the Rose Bowl, Adams said, the three defendants went to try and trademark “VY” and “INVINCEABLE.” Young didn’t realize it until after he had declared for the draft.

Young became known as “INVINCEABLE” at Texas and was nicknamed “VY” as a youngster, Adams said.

link (http://tennessean.com/article/20081217/SPORTS01/81217035)

Texan_Bill
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Good luck Vince, but I think you may be S.O.L.... You should at least trademark 'Vincanity' if Vandemeer hasn't already.

Pat Riley wasn't credited as the person who first said 'three-peat', but he was the first one to trademark it.

Hookem Horns
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Good luck Vince, but I think you may be S.O.L.... You should at least trademark 'Vincanity' if Vandemeer hasn't already.

Pat Riley wasn't credited as the person who first said 'three-peat', but he was the first one to trademark it.

I wonder if Tennessee Pine Rider is taken?

gtexan02
12-18-2008, 01:51 PM
He's going to need a lot of our love to get through trial, i bet

Texan_Bill
12-18-2008, 02:12 PM

He's going to need a lot of our love to get through trial, i bet

Reps all the way around...

gtexan02
12-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Reps all the way around...

Woohoo!! I made it to 100!

BigBull17
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM

LOL. Does'nt he have more to worry about than that? Maybe his tail spinning career? The fact that he has been a total bust for the last 2 years? That he cant beat out a 40 year old journeyman? Just sayin...

ChampionTexan
12-18-2008, 03:13 PM
LOL. Does'nt he have more to worry about than that? Maybe his tail spinning career? The fact that he has been a total bust for the last 2 years? That he cant beat out a 40 year old journeyman? Just sayin...

Perhaps his diabolical yet genius plan is to drive down the value of the trademarks by sucking, buy them on the cheap, and then become a HOF quarterback and get filthy rich on them.

One down, two to go!

gtexan02
12-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Perhaps his diabolical yet genius plan is to drive down the value of the trademarks by sucking, buy them on the cheap, and then become a HOF quarterback and get filthy rich on them.

One down, two to go!

hmm, when the words "Genius" and "Vince Young" are in the same sentence, it sort of loses most of its credibility :)

ChampionTexan
12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
hmm, when the words "Genius" and "Vince Young" are in the same sentence, it sort of loses most of its credibility :)

You're going to question "Genius", yet you let HOF go unchallenged?

Talk about losing credibility!

brakos82
12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
How's his :hobie: business going?

gtexan02
12-18-2008, 05:07 PM
You're going to question "Genius", yet you let HOF go unchallenged?

Talk about losing credibility!

lol, too true!

Wolf
12-24-2008, 06:29 PM
"I want to be out there. I want to play. Jeff is going to make that decision. Certainly, I don't want too much time between now and our first playoff game. Without knowing what Jeff is thinking, like I said, I want to be out there. Obviously, it's probably not going to be for the whole game. But I definitely feel like I would benefit from being out there," Collins said.

But expect to see Vince Young, whose appearance in Detroit is his only playing time since spraining his knee in the opener and losing his starting job to Collins. This would be another switch from a year ago when Young started in Indy, aggravated a right quadriceps injury and was relieved by Collins who led them to a 16-10 win.

"I'd say there's a pretty good chance Vince is going to be in the ball game," Fisher said. "How much I don't know, but I'd think there's a great chance."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hqW_bf3btfBVvIuMPJwZ7T0lfm7w

Silver Oak
12-24-2008, 07:59 PM
guess Fisher really doesn't care about winning that last game if he's playing the scrub qb. gonna be funny when the Indy 2nd and 3rd team gets after him for a couple of picks and sacks.

Texan_Bill
12-26-2008, 09:04 AM
VY is going to play??

I guess Fisher just wants VY to handle some balls.

Hookem Horns
12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I think there might be a VY and Carr sighting on Sunday.

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I think there might be a VY and Carr sighting on Sunday.

Hmmmm .... I'm going to say that Carr will be 11/17 for 123 yds and 4 sacks . While VY will be 7/16 for 73yds with 63 yds rushing and two ints .

If they were playing each other it would be the Goldman Sachs bailout bowl because both have been givin alot of money with nothing much to show for it .

Hookem Horns
12-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I doubt Carr will give up that many sacks because he will be handing off the majority of the time. Also I do think Eli will play the majority of the game.

Those do look like typical VY numbers though.

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2008, 03:43 PM
I doubt Carr will give up that many sacks because he will be handing off the majority of the time. Also I do think Eli will play the majority of the game.

Those do look like typical VY numbers though.

If the Vikings have something to play for then what's to keep Jared Allen from being Jared Allen on Eli's knees .

http://www.walterfootball.com/emmitt2013_16.php

Wolf
01-13-2009, 12:12 PM
The Titans still have Young under contract through 2011, and Fisher repeated that he has said Young still will be under center again eventually for this team. Young declined to return to the opener after being booed for an interception, then sprained his knee when he did and prompted a police search a day later when he left his home without his phone.

Fisher said Young needs to commit to spending time in Nashville and the offseason program and trying to take advantage of watching Collins.

"We expect 100 percent commitment from Vince and will accept nothing less than that," Fisher said.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20090113/SPORTS/301139982

Double Barrel
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
"We expect 100 percent commitment from Vince and will accept nothing less than that," Fisher said, "unless Bud tells me that I have to start him no matter what."

Fixed it for you, Jeff. :ok:

Wolf
01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
When Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher broke the news to Kerry Collins last week that he was headed to the Pro Bowl, he also communicated directly to Collins that he indeed wants him back as his starting quarterback in 2009, a team source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Fisher had made public remarks that Collins deserved to be the starter based on his performance this season, but a source said his private reaffirmation thrilled Collins, who has said he will retire if he does not get a contract as a starting quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3859405&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

ChampionTexan
01-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Best PFT Headline Ever!!!

PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/26/rico-will-return-too/)

Texan_Bill
01-27-2009, 08:51 AM

Uncle Rico's return...

*still one of the funniest animated gifs, ever*

Honoring Earl 34
01-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Uncle Rico's return...

OK ... am I missing something .... what's animated ?

Specnatz
01-27-2009, 11:21 AM
OK ... am I missing something .... what's animated ?

vy's face on the guy throwing the meat.

Honoring Earl 34
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
vy's face on the guy throwing the meat.

Oh ... I thought it was Bill Walton on the bike .

Texan_Bill
01-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh ... I thought it was Bill Walton on the bike .

Hey Pedro, have you seen Napolean Dynamite?? ;)

Honoring Earl 34
01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Pedro, have you seen Napolean Dynamite?? ;)

Bill ... is that you or Chip on the porch ?

Texan_Bill
01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Bill ... is that you or Chip on the porch ?

lol: It's chip.

chicagotexan2
01-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Uncle Rico's return...

He hit Napolean in perfect stride with someone draped all over him and he hanging out with some guy and his shirt is still on? Now I know for sure this video is fake.