PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak did not even watch the winning FG!!!

stingray
12-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have any video of it. Just saw it myself. I thought it was hilarious...

Buffi2
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Kubiak never watches....says it makes him nervous. I'll have to admit - I couldn't watch either.

Norg
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
i was on my knees in the living room with both fingers crossed

powerfuldragon
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
i almost couldn't watch it, but then i remembered it was kris brown kicking... mr. automatic.

stingray
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Found it.. Exactly at the 3:40 mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d1ed0e

headsplint
12-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah no kidding, I don't blame him at all....No way I could watch.

GuerillaBlack
12-07-2008, 11:59 PM
I muted the TV and turned away.

False Start
12-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I was playing go fish with my daughter. I looked away muted the TV, and she said, "Daddy, I think we won." It was tense, lol.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I conveniently needed a beer from the fridge as the Texans were lining up. I wasn't worried about Kris making the kick, but I was worried about the snap and hold....:headhurts:

TD
12-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I can't generally watch GW field goals either (always a beer/bathroom break). Heck when the Astros were in the W.S. I didn't watch two games because of the stress. Oddly though, its only a problem when the game's on TV. At the game, I watch everything.

That said, I don't make millions to coach the team either. I know I'm in the minority, but it bothers me that Kubiak doesn't have the stomach to watch his own product.

Texan Asylum
12-08-2008, 08:39 AM
That said, I don't make millions to coach the team either. I know I'm in the minority, but it bothers me that Kubiak doesn't have the stomach to watch his own product.

I don't know...I hear what you're saying, but it just might indicate the passion level he has for this team.

That's an emotion that money don't generally buy. :)

Thorn
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
...........I wasn't worried about Kris making the kick, but I was worried about the snap and hold....:headhurts:

Yep, me too.

Hardcore Texan
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
My wife was like, oh we got this, no way Kris misses this.....and I am like hush woman your going to jinx us, go find some wood to knock on....PLEASE!!! She doesn't know about the new long snapper and the struggles with Kris getting good snaps/holds this season (how many snaps did Pittman put in the dirt this season?) + Green Bay weather making it tougher, I was very nervous and didn't want to count my chickens before they hatched. And of course he nails it, like always, that kick would have been good from 50+.

V Man
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I watch the games with a towel, that I wave on good plays, and beat furniture on stupid plays and mistakes. Needless to say it was over my head at that specific time. (then after the make I threw it up in joy and the celling fan smacked it across the room)

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I watched the FG, but I was pacing around my living room at an intense rate. I had to check the carpet for burn marks afterwards. :)

Marcus
12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't know...I hear what you're saying, but it just might indicate the passion level he has for this team.

That's an emotion that money don't generally buy. :)

Yeah, I guess some people tend to forget that head coaches are people too.

SheTexan
12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Better than Kubiak not watching the GW FG was McCarthy slamming his head phones in the dirt when Kris nailed that sucker!! For once it was THEM, not us, showing frustration! Quiet a moment!

I was worried about the snap, not the hold or the kick. Good for us, it all worked out!

Anyone else see Kris on TV last night? A very good interview. Talked about how good it felt to win on Lambeau field, the place where football was basically born. All the players said pretty much the same thing about the thrill of winning there. I bet it was a great experience for all of them. My congrats to them all on a hard fought game.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Better than Kubiak not watching the GW FG was McCarthy slamming his head phones in the dirt when Kris nailed that sucker!! For once it was THEM, not us, showing frustration! Quiet a moment!

I was worried about the snap, not the hold or the kick. Good for us, it all worked out!

Anyone else see Kris on TV last night? A very good interview. Talked about how good it felt to win on Lambeau field, the place where football was basically born. All the players said pretty much the same thing about the thrill of winning there. I bet it was a great experience for all of them. My congrats to them all on a hard fought game.

I saw it... He sure is a goofy bastard. :whistle:

:hides:

ATX
12-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I wasn't worried about anything. KB is money when the game is on the line at 40+ yards. If we were in the playoff picture, the guy would be a pro bowler.

powerfuldragon
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
no kidding, motorola has to send a new headset out to Green Bay..

I saw it... he called lambeau hallowed ground. said it was 'every kickers dream' to kick a game winner at lambeau.

SheTexan
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I watched the FG, but I was pacing around my living room at an intense rate. I had to check the carpet for burn marks afterwards. :)

LOL, I paced most of the game! Just couldn't sit down. THought for sure I wore a hole in my carpet. Scared my poor little poodle half to death yelling so loud, and she is almost deaf!

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
LOL, I paced most of the game! Just couldn't sit down. THought for sure I wore a hole in my carpet. Scared my poor little poodle half to death yelling so loud, and she is almost deaf!

I was actually calm and collected most of the game. Once the D uncharacteristically stopped the Pack's drive into Texans territory in the 4th quarter is what got me all in a tizzy. :shades:

DiapHer
12-08-2008, 09:42 AM

My friends hardwood floors will never be the same again!!! lol

I saw it... He sure is a goofy bastard. :whistle:

:hides:

:slap::friends:

My youngest son heard a few more new words out of his mothers mouth!! :scarygirl:

DiapHer
12-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Does anybody know if there is a clip of this interview anywhere? :tiphat:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Does anybody know if there is a clip of this interview anywhere? :tiphat:

Here's the video of some post-game interviews. I'm not sure this is the one mentioned, but KB said he was aiming at a Miller Lite sign on the FG he missed. It was kinda funny. LOL! Check it out.

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

GP
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I can watch everything but somebody's leg or arm getting snapped. I don't watch the replays of limbs and joints getting re-arranged, I'll leave the ROOM and come back later.

But I have no problems watching a game-deciding play. I figure that I watched the whole thing, why can't I watch the last play? Plus, the drama of the situation is great entertainment.

I think Kubiak can't stand to watch them because they don't generally go our way.

infantrycak
12-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Kubiak can't stand to watch them because they don't generally go our way.

He did the same thing in Denver.

GlassHalfFull
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Maybe he is superstitious. I certainly wouldn't knock him over this.

Drew_Smoke
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Maybe he is superstitious.

That is EXACTLY why I didn't watch it either. I hit PAUSE on the DVR, said a little prayer, turned it back on and looked out the window as I listened.

ObsiWan
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I was actually calm and collected most of the game. Once the D uncharacteristically stopped the Pack's drive into Texans territory in the 4th quarter is what got me all in a tizzy. :shades:

then you've got a stronger stomach than I do.
I couldn't watch.

And I wasn't alone.... DeMeco said he couldn't watch either (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6152610.html)
“I couldn’t watch,” Ryans said. “I bowed my head and said a little prayer. I wanted to find out by the crowd reaction. When my teammates started jumping up and down and screaming, I knew the kick was good. And what a great feeling it was for all of us.”

GP
12-08-2008, 11:30 AM
He did the same thing in Denver.

Hmmm...then it's a habit/possible superstition?

Interesting :thinking:. I could see being like that on a Super Bowl game-deciding moment, but a game that really only has draft position implications?

Interesting information. That's just the way he likes to go about it.

Texanfan4ever
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I didn't want to watch, but i did. Then I jumped up and screamed ran around the room went up to the the tv and touched all the guys jumping around. I lost all sense of reason.

stevn8r
12-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I had to go get my horn hard hat and pace around and make sure the shadow of said hat from the projector was displayed on the packers!!!

Works everytime!:tiphat::logo:

BigBull17
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe he is superstitious. I certainly wouldn't knock him over this.

I think you nailed it. That makes the most sense to me. BTW, I loved holw Kris Brown let us all know he made it right when he kicked it. That was awesome.

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't blame Kubiak for turning his back, it's what he always does.

But I was on the edge of my seat. I live for moments like that as a football fan, and especially when it's my team. I'm proud of them boys to fight through their mistakes and pull out this W. It was a hard fought victory.

:texflag:

Brando
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
i was on my knees in the living room with both fingers crossed

I was on the edge of my seat....then I scared my kids when I exhaled....:)

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't blame Kubiak for turning his back, it's what he always does.

But I was on the edge of my seat. I live for moments like that as a football fan, and especially when it's my team. I'm proud of them boys to fight through their mistakes and pull out this W. It was a hard fought victory.

:texflag:

It was great watching them fight through the mistakes and find a way to win. But, this is another game that shouldn't of even been close. We should've won the game with ease.

Once the O can learn to take care of the ball and the D can consistantly hold their own, the Texans are going to be scary good.

:fans: