PDA

View Full Version : This song is Dedicated to Ms. Toni Romo

Dread-Head
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
After watching Romo's performance in today's game (12-07-08) against the Pittsburgh Steelers this Robyn song came to mind. Enjoy Ms. Romo. You GO GIRL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C8UXZrN9UY

ZX758
12-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Hate Romo guy is not a clutch player. I am so happy these Cowboys aren't gonna make the playoffs

TexanSam
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Hate Romo guy is not a clutch player. I am so happy these Cowboys aren't gonna make the playoffs

wouldn't go that far yet

Dread-Head
12-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Honestly...The Cowboys still have a shot at making the playoffs, but Jones' saying he "guaranteed" the Cowboys were going to be in the play offs...might have pissed off everyone else on their schedule. The Lizzard king needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and let his team do their thing.

ZX758
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Well, I will guarantee that the Cowboys will NOT make the playoffs.

TexanSam
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM

mmkay

HoustonFrog
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Whatever you say. They lost no ground and still have 2 of 3 at home. This was a horribly blown game though

ZX758
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Fine we'll see how the end of the season turns out. But I don't see them going.

awtysst
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I GUARANTEE that the Detroit Lions will not be in the Playoffs this season!

Silver Oak
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Romo has a whole lot of turnovers to his credit for the Cowboy's to have hitched their wagon to him with such a long term/high dolloar contract.

I know he has talent, there's no denying that, but he has had a number of games where his turnovers are very high for a qb of his supposed caliber.

As with everything else, time will tell, but Jerry probably wakes up in a cold sweat occasionally when he has dreams of Romo not being the qb he thinks he is.

bah007
12-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Romo has a whole lot of turnovers to his credit for the Cowboy's to have hitched their wagon to him with such a long term/high dolloar contract.

I know he has talent, there's no denying that, but he has had a number of games where his turnovers are very high for a qb of his supposed caliber.

As with everything else, time will tell, but Jerry probably wakes up in a cold sweat occasionally when he has dreams of Romo not being the qb he thinks he is.

Romo reminds me of Favre.

He can keep plays alive and win you some games. But he will single-handedly lose you some along the way.

gtexan02
12-07-2008, 07:33 PM
As much as I hate the Cowboys because they are the Cowboys, I simply can't hate Romo. A guy who came out of nowhere, maintained his humility, and is as good as he is isn't easy to hate on

GuerillaBlack
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM

lies.

kastofsna
12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
As much as I hate the Cowboys because they are the Cowboys, I simply can't hate Romo. A guy who came out of nowhere, maintained his humility, and is as good as he is isn't easy to hate on

agreed. lots of over-compensation with the hate of Romo from Texans fans. focus on Rosenfels

TexansLucky13
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I doubt they make the playoffs, but if they do.... Romo will just give it up anyways. He just doesn't have it yet.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Whatever you say. They lost no ground and still have 2 of 3 at home. This was a horribly blown game though

LOL! I think they actually climbed up to the 6th or 7th seed with Atlanta losing.

They have a sick schedule left.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Going that far out on a limb, are ya???

The 'gurls are about to implode. Even if they make the play-offs, it's one and done.......... Again.

beerlover
12-08-2008, 10:54 AM
my fav- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbjRLuXJoc

Dread-Head
12-08-2008, 10:57 AM
agreed. lots of over-compensation with the hate of Romo from Texans fans. focus on Rosenfels

"Stand by...Crash and Burn girl....going down, down, down down. You don't mind the fall until your face hits the ground."

:Robyn

I'm not over compensating. I hated the Cowboys even before the Texans came into existence and shall long after they're gone. I still resent the way they expected Oiler fans to become defacto Cowboy fans after our team left. To paraphrase a song from the Drew Carey Show:

"Yes...[I] hate 'em, hate 'em hate 'em...till they box 'em up and crate 'em."

But that's just me.

HoustonFrog
12-08-2008, 11:00 AM
LOL! I think they actually climbed up to the 6th or 7th seed with Atlanta losing.

They have a sick schedule left.

Yeah that was messed up. They moved up when losing. But the win would have put a great margin out there and they had it in the bag if they could ever close.

Mr teX
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
He seems to have a touch of Rosenfelsitis. When bad things happen to him early, they rattle him & then they really go bad.

for all that he is capable of, he seems to tighten up in big games a little too often. The botched snap against the seahawks, the pick on the game winning drive last year against the giants in the playoffs, & now this untimely pick to blow a statement game that was at least headed to overtime before he overthrew Witten for the go ahead TD. Coincidence? i don't think so, i think we're finding out why he was at an Eastern Illinois instead of a USC or FLorida in the 1st place.

MannyFresh
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Honestly...The Cowboys still have a shot at making the playoffs, but Jones' saying he "guaranteed" the Cowboys were going to be in the play offs...might have pissed off everyone else on their schedule. The Lizzard king needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and let his team do their thing.

I really hate Jerry Jones.

HoustonFrog
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
He seems to have a touch of Rosenfelsitis. When bad things happen to him early, they rattle him & then they really go bad.

for all that he is capable of, he seems to tighten up in big games a little too often. The botched snap against the seahawks, the pick on the game winning drive last year against the giants in the playoffs, & now this untimely pick to blow a statement game that was at least headed to overtime before he overthrew Witten for the go ahead TD. Coincidence? i don't think so, i think we're finding out why he was at an Eastern Illinois instead of a USC or FLorida in the 1st place.

Actually I have yet to figure out if he tightens up or if he just is dumb in his decision making at certain times. Here is an example from yesterday. Up by a TD and driving, Romo scrambles out of the pocket. Roy Williams is wide ass open in the end zone. Replays show from the back of the end zone that Romo sees him but for some reason doesn't attempt a throw or he just can't square up with defenders on his backside...he tries a left handed throw incomplete. They settle for a FG. This was a smart play. For some reason he figured he couldn't make the initial throw but tried to do it leftie knowing no one else could get to it. Now mirror that with the last interception and the first of the game. Tony drops back, hits the back foot on the drop and lets fly. Ball isn't close to the receiver. Now you can say that the NFL is all about timing routes and putting the ball in certain places, etc but wouldn't this be the time in the game to really not take those chances. Why let fly before even checking if the route has been jumped or if Witten made his move?The first int on his first throw looked like an out that was right to the DB. Other replays in the game showed how he locked on Witten and took sacks despite showing Choice in the flat just waving his arms. TO was open like that too.

So after reviewing all of that I'm not sure if you call it reckless, dumb, choker or whatever because these plays happen in many games. Sometimes he holds it too long in order to not make the dumb play...see Roy above and other times he just flings it no matter the situation. Either way, as a Cowboy fan I know that many of us have said since the first 4 games of the season that his dumb throws would haunt us in big games...I wrote it here...and it has happened. I'm not comparing the two bu the Boys used to own the Packers because Favre would do the same. Until Romo learns to play smart aong with using his improving style, he will always be a play away from losing games.

WWJD and I have had many a PM on here about how we wait for Romo to blow games like this. We have done it all season. It doesn't make it an easier to swallow but at least you prepare yourself for it.

Another thing that goes with Romo and is a December MO of the Boys. 1) Dominate game 2) Go conservative on offense and defense with half a quarter left 3) lose game. This started with Washington on Monday night 3-4 years ago when Santana Moss caught two deep balls to help blow a 13-0 lead. Since then, nothing has changed.

Dread-Head
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I really hate Jerry Jones.

The Lizzard King earned my lifetime contempt when he fired TOM LANDRY! I've never liked the Cowboys, but I've always respected them. To be honest I still respect them. Tom Landry was an NFL icon. When the Lizzard King fired the man in the Hat, my dislike of the Cowboys for most of my life turned into full blown hatred after he fired an NFL legend and Michael Irvin became the KING of the "push off". Real easy to make a catch after you've shoved the other guy to the deck.

Mr teX
12-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Actually I have yet to figure out if he tightens up or if he just is dumb in his decision making at certain times. Here is an example from yesterday. Up by a TD and driving, Romo scrambles out of the pocket. Roy Williams is wide ass open in the end zone. Replays show from the back of the end zone that Romo sees him but for some reason doesn't attempt a throw or he just can't square up with defenders on his backside...he tries a left handed throw incomplete. They settle for a FG. This was a smart play. For some reason he figured he couldn't make the initial throw but tried to do it leftie knowing no one else could get to it. Now mirror that with the last interception and the first of the game. Tony drops back, hits the back foot on the drop and lets fly. Ball isn't close to the receiver. Now you can say that the NFL is all about timing routes and putting the ball in certain places, etc but wouldn't this be the time in the game to really not take those chances. Why let fly before even checking if the route has been jumped or if Witten made his move?The first int on his first throw looked like an out that was right to the DB. Other replays in the game showed how he locked on Witten and took sacks despite showing Choice in the flat just waving his arms. TO was open like that too.

So after reviewing all of that I'm not sure if you call it reckless, dumb, choker or whatever because these plays happen in many games. Sometimes he holds it too long in order to not make the dumb play...see Roy above and other times he just flings it no matter the situation. Either way, as a Cowboy fan I know that many of us have said since the first 4 games of the season that his dumb throws would haunt us in big games...I wrote it here...and it has happened. I'm not comparing the two bu the Boys used to own the Packers because Favre would do the same. Until Romo learns to play smart aong with using his improving style, he will always be a play away from losing games.

WWJD and I have had many a PM on here about how we wait for Romo to blow games like this. We have done it all season. It doesn't make it an easier to swallow but at least you prepare yourself for it.

Another thing that goes with Romo and is a December MO of the Boys. 1) Dominate game 2) Go conservative on offense and defense with half a quarter left 3) lose game. This started with Washington on Monday night 3-4 years ago when Santana Moss caught two deep balls to help blow a 13-0 lead. Since then, nothing has changed.

Valid points, but i think his main problem is that he doesn't function well when the pressure is on; & i'm not talking about the kind that comes from the D-line either.

Imo, i just don't think his psyche ever got completely over the botched snap against seattle. I'm sure you know, but he was absolutely killed in the media & by fans for that play. Kinda like the brad lidge/pujols debacle.

I mean come on, didn't he used to hold the ball for the kicker for 3 years prior to becoming the starter. That should be something that's automatic with him.

WWJD
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Tony has lapses of concentration I think..trying to do too much when it's not necessary...I watched Troy in person for years and he was very disciplined in his QB'ing....nothing ruffled him from the job to be done and I think Tony lacks that. Now whether that can be corrected or not I do not know.

But compared to the other QB's on their roster he's golden!

HoustonFrog
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Valid points, but i think his main problem is that he doesn't function well when the pressure is on; & i'm not talking about the kind that comes from the D-line either.

Imo, i just don't think his psyche ever got completely over the botched snap against seattle. I'm sure you know, but he was absolutely killed in the media & by fans for that play. Kinda like the brad lidge/pujols debacle.

I mean come on, didn't he used to hold the ball for the kicker for 3 years prior to becoming the starter. That should be something that's automatic with him.

I agree. that play still haunts him...and me because for some reason every time I see the replay it seems like he actually gets the first down..which was the 1 or 1/2 yard line or it seemed like he could have dove and scored....anyways..lol

But you are right in a way. He does seem to make them in the most inopportune times and he played one of his worst games vs the Giants in the playoffs after tearing them up in 2 regular season games.

Tony has lapses of concentration I think..trying to do too much when it's not necessary...I watched Troy in person for years and he was very disciplined in his QB'ing....nothing ruffled him from the job to be done and I think Tony lacks that. Now whether that can be corrected or not I do not know.

But compared to the other QB's on their roster he's golden!

Right. Troy was uncanny with his accuracy and it actually improved and became more freakishly good in big game and playoff games. Tony doesn't have that discipline but he still has a ton of talent.

Mr teX
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree. that play still haunts him...and me because for some reason every time I see the replay it seems like he actually gets the first down..which was the 1 or 1/2 yard line or it seemed like he could have dove and scored....anyways..lol

But you are right in a way. He does seem to make them in the most inopportune times and he played one of his worst games vs the Giants in the playoffs after tearing them up in 2 regular season games.

Right. Troy was uncanny with his accuracy and it actually improved and became more freakishly good in big game and playoff games. Tony doesn't have that discipline but he still has a ton of talent.

the thing that irks me the most about him though (besides being a cowboy) is that silly ass smirk he always seems to have.....

WWJD
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Troy was as deadpan serious a football player as I've ever seen play. He just had one focus and to his credit those first few years didn't damage his psyche as they do so many young players. And it was a "I'll show him" kind of deal towards Jimmy...Jimmy pushed Troy to be his best. I don't see anybody pushing Tony. Or any of the others for that matter.

Mr teX
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Troy was as deadpan serious a football player as I've ever seen play. He just had one focus and to his credit those first few years didn't damage his psyche as they do so many young players. And it was a "I'll show him" kind of deal towards Jimmy...Jimmy pushed Troy to be his best. I don't see anybody pushing Tony. Or any of the others for that matter.

So is it true that they're calling phillips coach "cupcake" up there? I thought that was pretty funny when i heard it Boomer Esiason say that on NFL today.

Dread-Head
12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
So is it true that they're calling phillips coach "cupcake" up there? I thought that was pretty funny when i heard it Boomer Esiason say that on NFL today.

the only thing Romo is pushin' is Jessica Simpson....Ohhhhhhhhhh!:thisbig:

WWJD
12-08-2008, 02:16 PM

I've never heard that.

HoustonFrog
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I've never heard that.

I've never heard that they are calling him cupcake but people do think he is a pushover and that the players basically do what they want.

As far as Troy WWJD, you were right...sometimes I thought Troy might be too serious but he had Irvin and Emmitt being more of the leaders so he didn't have to say much. Sometimes I just wondered if he was having fun near the end. I think when the coaches started getting of lesser and lesser quality he didn't enjoy it as much.

WWJD
12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I've never heard that they are calling him cupcake but people do think he is a pushover and that the players basically do what they want.

As far as Troy WWJD, you were right...sometimes I thought Troy might be too serious but he had Irvin and Emmitt being more of the leaders so he didn't have to say much. Sometimes I just wondered if he was having fun near the end. I think when the coaches started getting of lesser and lesser quality he didn't enjoy it as much.

Troy did not like playing for Switzer at all and at the beginning he and Jimmy had personality problems but there was no doubt towards the end of Jimmy's time there that he and Troy had mended those rifts. I know Troy resented the Cowboys drafting Steve Walsh...

Troy off the field was a quiet guy. He's really a very smart guy and he'll always be a success no matter what he does because he's so focused and works hard. I do like him as a Fox broadcaster and I also think Moose is very good....they should fire Emmitt immediately because it's obvious making complete sentences and sense just isn't his thing! I saw him on something ESPN put out and it was just embarrassing. He was so tongue tied.

StarStruck
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM

Can you blame him? You and WWJD have made some very interesting comments above, and I totally agree about Troy, who basically had the same demeanor wherever he appeared.

Troy did not like playing for Switzer at all Did that for the most part stem from the conflict with Troy's passing style and Switzer coached more for running plays during the year he was at OU?

the thing that irks me the most about him though (besides being a cowboy) is that silly ass smirk he always seems to have..... I 100 percent disagree. Perhaps his smile appear a bit goofy, but Tony Romo does not smirk. The guy is a genuinely nice person. Even when he interacts with fans, it shows that he enjoys it rather than being a sense of duty.

WWJD
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Can you blame him? You and WWJD have made some very interesting comments above, and I totally agree about Troy, who basically had the same demeanor wherever he appeared.

Did that for the most part stem from the conflict with Troy's passing style and Switzer coached more for running plays during the year he was at OU?

I 100 percent disagree. Perhaps his smile appear a bit goofy, but Tony Romo does not smirk. The guy is a genuinely nice person. Even when he interacts with fans, it shows that he enjoys it rather than being a sense of duty.

Troy didn't like his clownish behavior and the way he operated...I guess the best way to put it is he rubbed him the wrong way. Troy is quiet and serious and Switzer is the opposite. Personality clash. And remember when Barry was hired Troy had become friends with Jimmy...their coaching styles are so different.

Thinking back I believe Troy originally went to Oklahoma but transferred to UCLA because of the opportunity to throw the ball more. I seem to remember Troy hurt his ankle badly at OU too. I'm far too lazy to look it all up but I do remember he transferred and Barry was the coach of OU at the time so he and Troy knew each other long before he came to the Cowboys.

ZX758
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Looks like my prediction is coming true

SheTexan
12-21-2008, 07:44 AM
the only thing Romo is pushin' is Jessica Simpson....Ohhhhhhhhhh!:thisbig:

TOOOOO funny Dread!!:)

Dread-Head
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
The small Asian would disagree with ya...but thanks.