PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think That We'll Get Lucky Next Weekend?

gary
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
And the Tacks will either rest all of their starters or at least take them out of the game early because they do not have to win this game? I wish.

ziggy29
12-07-2008, 07:21 PM
They still have home field throughout the playoffs to play for.

gary
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh, I didn't know that.

Pantherstang84
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
The secret to beating the meatballs is to get a lead and make Kerry Collins toss it around the yard.

gary
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Get a lead? Sounds easy enough.

powerfuldragon
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
The secret to beating the meatballs is to get a lead and make Kerry Collins toss it around the yard.

i dunno, that drunkard has been playing pretty well this season. . .

next week's game worries me, but then again, so did this week's.. with houston teams, who the hell knows?

imatexan
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I dont think we will get lucky..

We Will beat The Tits!!!

gary
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I sure hope so.

Thorn
12-07-2008, 07:33 PM
We played them pretty good the last time, and that was in their stadium. We are a better team now and this is a home game. But as we all know, it all depends on which Texans team shows up and whether or not they remembered to wash the bacon grease off their hands before hitting the field.

markn
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
I didn't think they were a good team when they beat us at their place - but they look like a daunting prospect right now. They've gained in confidence and found a reliable quarterback and a successful system. I don't think they're good enough to get to the super-bowl, but I think they're consistent enough to handle our turn-over-happy team.

SheTexan
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
No, I don't think we will get lucky next weekend. Jeff Fisher is the better coach and prepares his players well, something Kubiak is still learning how to do. We will be out coached, sorry to say!!!

toronto
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Titans need to keep winning - the Steelers are 2 back and they play in 2 weeks, so the Titans have plenty to play for next Sunday

imatexan
12-07-2008, 08:03 PM
No, I don't think we will get lucky next weekend. Jeff Fisher is the better coach and prepares his players well, something Kubiak is still learning how to do. We will be out coached, sorry to say!!!

Thats okay SheTexan they have been proving us wrong all season.

DocBar
12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
If we get into a shootout, the Texans win. If they run the ball down our throats, it'll be a long day. This game will be my 1st in person. I can't wait.

ATXtexanfan
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
This is the year we get out of the basement and win more than one division game

HardcoreTexan
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Lucky no. We are going to win though:texflag:

Hottoddie
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
And the Tacks will either rest all of their starters or at least take them out of the game early because they do not have to win this game? I wish.

Why would we want to win that way? When we win, & we will win, I want us to have beaten the best they had to throw at us. The Texans are really starting to believe in themselves. Earlier in the year, 4 turnovers would've caused them to close up shop & mail the rest of it in. They didn't do that today. They're getting there.

Sal Rosenberg
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Why would we want to win that way? When we win, & we will win, I want us to have beaten the best they had to throw at us. The Teaxans are really starting to believe in themselves. Earlier in the year, 4 turnovers would've caused them to close up shop & mail the rest of it in. They didn't do that today. They're getting there.

I blame Sage

Norg
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
when i look at the titans there like a mirror image of us on how ther team is built but with no turnovers

i still cant beleive this how could a team who i thought had the worst Draft and Off season have a turnaround like this

anywayz ill finally go out on a limb here and say the texans win this one in a tought battle by at least 10 points ............

i think this will finally be the game where we only have like 1 turnover

the texans will feel goo coming back home and playing in the heat

maybe something bizzare will happen and it will be a TIE !!!!!!!!!!

gary
12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Why would we want to win that way? When we win, & we will win, I want us to have beaten the best they had to throw at us. The Texans are really starting to believe in themselves. Earlier in the year, 4 turnovers would've caused them to close up shop & mail the rest of it in. They didn't do that today. They're getting there.True, I agree all the way but I don't like them at all and would like to beat them even if it their backups that play. I'm very sorry to say that I do not think that our team is not quite good enough yet to beat the Tacks starters we're close though maybe next season and would have a much better shot at winning on Sunday if their starters did not play JMO though. I do hope that I am wrong though. That'd be very nice.

TEXANRED
12-07-2008, 09:53 PM

The Titans don't scare me. Now that our defense found there nuts and our ability to run the ball, the Texans have turned out to be a pretty good team.

I think the Texans put a hurt on the Titans this weekend and spank them by 20 points.

bigfan77801
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
The Titans don't scare me. Now that our defense found there nuts and our ability to run the ball, the Texans have turned out to be a pretty good team.

I think the Texans put a hurt on the Titans this weekend and spank them by 20 points.
From your lips to God's ears.

Giant Tiger
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Why would we want to win that way? When we win, & we will win, I want us to have beaten the best they had to throw at us. The Texans are really starting to believe in themselves. Earlier in the year, 4 turnovers would've caused them to close up shop & mail the rest of it in. They didn't do that today. They're getting there.

:goodpost: This was the type of win I've been waiting for-minus the turnovers of course. But it was great to see them battle through & find a way to win :yes:

toronto
12-07-2008, 11:53 PM

Good luck! :)

TEXANS84
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Psst....we're being watched By Titan fans on the TOMB. (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41850)

Texan_Bill
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Psst....we're being watched By Titan fans on the TOMB. (http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41850)

I hope they are..... Hey!! Titan fan, go brush your tooth.

toronto
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM

That was me that started that thread Bill. :foottap:

And us Canucks enjoy our full set of teeth, even ones like me that still root for Bud's team after all these years. :gun:

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 12:56 PM

yep. Hopefully the game doesn't come down to coaching decisions. I really hope our boys RISE to the challenge for TEXANS FANS and beat them Titans in our crib. Any given Sunday, yeah?!!

It's going to be tough, though. Tenn is one of, if not the, best team in football right now. We need to play mistake-free ball (no more freakin' turnovers!!!), we need a homefield advantage with our fans, and I hope that the Titans are looking ahead to the Steelers game and just don't pay us any mind.

toronto
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
yep. Hopefully the game doesn't come down to coaching decisions. I really hope our boys RISE to the challenge for TEXANS FANS and beat them Titans in our crib. Any given Sunday, yeah?!!

It's going to be tough, though. Tenn is one of, if not the, best team in football right now. We need to play mistake-free ball (no more freakin' turnovers!!!), we need a homefield advantage with our fans, and I hope that the Titans are looking ahead to the Steelers game and just don't pay us any mind.

You know Jeff Fisher by now - this team isn't capable of looking past any opponent. He won't let them do that.

ObsiWan
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Well.... maybe if they'll start Vince
:D

Specnatz
12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
You know Jeff Fisher by now - this team isn't capable of looking past any opponent. He won't let them do that.

NY Jets?

TEXANRED
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM

Dammit. Must spread rep. I signed in just to give some props and now I can't. Sorry.

toronto
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM
NY Jets?

You think the Titans looked past a division leading 8-3 team? You serious?

They laid a bad egg that day and it sucked to watch it. Since then the Jets have, as NBC put it, got people spraining ankles jumping off their bandwagon.

It was a lousy game, cmon, who the hell expected the Titans to have this record? There's a thread on the TOMB that relives ESPN's pre-season predictions, where not a single 'analyst/expert' had the Titans winning the division, or even finishing 2nd.

Needless to say, it's been a good frigging ride. Look forward to Sunday!

michaelm
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
when i look at the titans there like a mirror image of us on how ther team is built but with no turnovers

i still cant beleive this how could a team who i thought had the worst Draft and Off season have a turnaround like this

anywayz ill finally go out on a limb here and say the texans win this one in a tought battle by at least 10 points ............

i think this will finally be the game where we only have like 1 turnover

the texans will feel goo coming back home and playing in the heat

maybe something bizzare will happen and it will be a TIE !!!!!!!!!!

Really?
About the only two things I see in common with the tacks is an explosive rookie running back, and a DE that can rush the QB.
They've got no receivers to speak of, and no tight end, but those are some of the better players on our entire team.
They have a bruising defense, and we have a defense with no identity.
We pass to set up the run, and they run to set up the run, and occasionally pass because, hey we're paying the QB, so let him earn a nickle...
Sorry, I see no mirror image... unless I happened to be in the fun house at the carnival and it's one of those freaky, distorted mirrors...

Big Lou
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Earlier in the year the game was close until the end, and we blew it. That was when the defense was playing soft. Know that Richards Smith is under fire, he's letting the dogs loose and the defense is playing tough.

Also our offense has been getting better and better. (Minus the Turnovers) It seems like the ZBS is really starting to click.

I think this one should be interesting!!!!!!!!

We have a chance.

Dread-Head
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
"Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday."

:Oriel A. "Bum" Phillips

imatexan
12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
You think the Titans looked past a division leading 8-3 team? You serious?

They laid a bad egg that day and it sucked to watch it. Since then the Jets have, as NBC put it, got people spraining ankles jumping off their bandwagon.

It was a lousy game, cmon, who the hell expected the Titans to have this record? There's a thread on the TOMB that relives ESPN's pre-season predictions, where not a single 'analyst/expert' had the Titans winning the division, or even finishing 2nd.

Needless to say, it's been a good frigging ride. Look forward to Sunday!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/news/story?id=3552727

Hmmm seems a lot of people picked Tenn. to be the wildcard.

Not a single expert? WRONG.

toronto
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/news/story?id=3552727

Hmmm seems a lot of people picked Tenn. to be the wildcard.

Not a single expert? WRONG.

I didn't do any reading comprehension today. :(

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41826

I stand corrected on both fronts. :shades:

False Start
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
This is going to be one of those games that will have me all hyped up. I get pissed when we lose, but even more so against the Titans. Bastards! :bat:

I'm not even going to get too hyped, I hate being set up for a letdown. That's kind of become part of being a Texans fan though. We'll see. :texflag:

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM

yeah, you're probably right. I'm just hoping that the players have a mental letdown because they see the Texans, a team that they have traditionally owned.

toronto
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
yeah, you're probably right. I'm just hoping that the players have a mental letdown because they see the Texans, a team that they have traditionally owned.

Meh on the 'owned' part. I can remember 3 of those games being won in the last 2 minutes. Other than this year's 1st game - which really wasn't out of reach until the Finnegan pick6....

TexansLucky13
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
We will beat the Tacks.

Double Barrel
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Meh on the 'owned' part. I can remember 3 of those games being won in the last 2 minutes. Other than this year's 1st game - which really wasn't out of reach until the Finnegan pick6....

Regardless of the individual games, the fact of the matter is that we are currently 2-11 against the Titans. That speaks of ownership...unfortunately.

Scoreboard at the end of the day.

C'mon Lucky Lady, shine your bright light on the Texans this weekend!! :texflag:

Bulluck53
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't think it would be luck. If you guys can stop the run and then get consistent pressure on Collins without blitzing then its very possible. I say pressure without plitzing because Collins will pick you apart if you bring eight or nine guys in the box.

Look at the difference between the Bears and Jets games. Chicago loaded the box, stopped the run and blitzed, but still didn't get consistent pressure so Collins picked them apart off of 41 passes. The Jets, however, stopped the run without loading the box and got pressure (though few sacks) consistently and threw us off our game offensively. Then, the defense was on the field too long and Favre tore it up. Bad formula for Titans success.

If you guys can do that then yea its very possible, but I wouldn't count on luck.

gary
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I hope that Gary lets them have it about those turnovers.

SheTexan
12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, LUCK or not, we're gonna need the football gawds to look down on us, if we stand a chance in hell of winning his game. Our Texans have gotta make things happen, upset their rhythm, CAUSE some turnovers, not be the victim of shooting themselves in the foot with their own silly mistakes.

I hate to sound negative, BUT, the Titans have a chance of getting two TDs off Reeves alone! JJ will cough up another one. IF our mediocre players don't step it up and play on an ELITE level, we will get stomped. I'm just not sure how much more my old ticker can take of JJ!! That boy drops another catch I just might jump the fence and give him an old fashioned butt whooping!! Will anyone bail me out of jail???!:)

GP
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
We're going to win this game.

Remember that with 5 minutes and change, I predicted that we would have a Kris Brown field goal attempt? I didn't commit to if he would make it or not...and then before he came on the field, I said "He's going to make it."

I have that same feeling. The timing is right: End of the year, the game is in our house, and the Titans have locked up their playoff position. Steve Slaton is going to shine. We're going to race out to a big lead, and the crowd will be electric.

We're going to win. Tack fans will be kind, there will be "congratulations" thrown our way due to how happy they are about being where they are vs. where we are. It will be a "meh" reaction out of them.

Jackie Chiles
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
We're going to win this game.

Remember that with 5 minutes and change, I predicted that we would have a Kris Brown field goal attempt? I didn't commit to if he would make it or not...and then before he came on the field, I said "He's going to make it."

I have that same feeling. The timing is right: End of the year, the game is in our house, and the Titans have locked up their playoff position. Steve Slaton is going to shine. We're going to race out to a big lead, and the crowd will be electric.

We're going to win. Tack fans will be kind, there will be "congratulations" thrown our way due to how happy they are about being where they are vs. where we are. It will be a "meh" reaction out of them.

That is not entirely accurate. They have locked up the division and a first round by but not home field for the AFC Championship game. I think we have a decent shot to beat them but they will have motivation for playoff seeding.

Texans_Chick
12-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Run defense. The Texans need to have some run defense. Not overpursue. The Titans-Detroit game shows how the Titans can exploit overpursuit.

And not play too aggressively on offense. I want to see as much Slaton as Christopher Walken wants cowbell. So that the Titans can't play whackamole on Schaub because they know the Texans are perpetually throwing.

GP
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
That is not entirely accurate. They have locked up the division and a first round by but not home field for the AFC Championship game. I think we have a decent shot to beat them but they will have motivation for playoff seeding.

Sure, there's still the issue of home-field advantage.

For the Titans, getting the first round bye is enough of a reward to cause them to stumble. This Titans team has played under the radar all season. Let's see how they fare now that they have a bye locked up and are sitting pretty.

They're not going to beat us. I didn't have this feeling in the first game this year. Things have lined up nicely for this Sunday's game.

gary
12-08-2008, 10:14 PM
When you play a team as good as the Tacks are you'll always need a drop of luck .

GP
12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Run defense. The Texans need to have some run defense. Not overpursue. The Titans-Detroit game shows how the Titans can exploit overpursuit.

And not play too aggressively on offense. I want to see as much Slaton as Christopher Walken wants cowbell. So that the Titans can't play whackamole on Schaub because they know the Texans are perpetually throwing.

It's going to happen.

I kept saying during yesterday's game: "If Steve Slaton goes off today, he's going to be getting a lot of people talking about him."

This guy is hitting his stride. Not even Domanick Davis, IIRC, commanded the ball as early as Speed Slaton has the past several games. There's a confidence and energy there. He looks like the game slows down for him, during the development of a play, and he even disappears in a pile and re-appears for an extra 2 or 3 yards when he should have been shut down.

All the talk is centered upon Chris Johnson (deservedly so) but this game is where the football world sees that Houston has a viable RB, too. And the running game will keep the Titans' dline honest for a change.

The way our defense played against GB...I am sliding over to the side of the room that thinks Smith has been overruled. That defense LOOKED differently: They were confident even when getting right back onto the field...usually, they are spent and pack it up after a few situations--Yet they kept answering the bell against a team, at home in 10-degree weather, that has playmakers.

The drama is building. If we beat the Titans, I will definitely believe that this team has turned the corner. I haven't looked forward to the past two years of Titans-Texans games. Until now.

We're going to win this. Not a doubt in my mind.

ObsiWan
12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
We have to beat them like we beat the Colts. Get up on them in the 2nd half so Collins has to throw and we can bring the blitz. Just assign a spy for Chris Johnson so he doesn't get loose on screens and flare passes and bust a long one. None of their WRs worry me.

oh and - need I say this? - win the freakin T/O battle.

GP
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
We have to beat them like we beat the Colts. Get up on them in the 2nd half so Collins has to throw and we can bring the blitz. Just assign a spy for Chris Johnson so he doesn't get loose on screens and flare passes and bust a long one. None of their WRs worry me.

oh and - need I say this? - win the freakin T/O battle.

I don't think we had LB personnel in the first Titans game like we have now. Adibi and DeMeco can handle Johnson, IMO. My gawd...think if we also had Diles. Plus, the defensive playcalling was atrocious. Something's happening in the D. The mix of guys that are on the field are playing pretty well together. There's a unity there, I think. And a lot of it is due to the comeback of D-Rob.

I agree: We get up on them early, and the complex of the game changes rapidly. In our favor. And I don't see why it can't happen. We've been opening up games with a score on the first drive a lot. And we've been blowing chances on our subsequent possessions where we COULD have put the game a little out of reach.

I am freaking jazzed, man. Going to be a fun, fun Sunday!

gary
12-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Ageed.

imatexan
12-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Well, LUCK or not, we're gonna need the football gawds to look down on us, if we stand a chance in hell of winning his game. Our Texans have gotta make things happen, upset their rhythm, CAUSE some turnovers, not be the victim of shooting themselves in the foot with their own silly mistakes.

I hate to sound negative, BUT, the Titans have a chance of getting two TDs off Reeves alone! JJ will cough up another one. IF our mediocre players don't step it up and play on an ELITE level, we will get stomped. I'm just not sure how much more my old ticker can take of JJ!! That boy drops another catch I just might jump the fence and give him an old fashioned butt whooping!! Will anyone bail me out of jail???!:)

You do realize there passing game is ranked 24th in the league?

toronto
12-09-2008, 02:11 AM
You do realize there passing game is ranked 24th in the league?

You do realize that the Titans have been way ahead in most of their games, thus never in need of a massive passing effort?

Of course, yeah, they could be the Saints and Brees, look at how far his 4100yards have taken them.

imatexan
12-09-2008, 03:05 AM
You do realize that the Titans have been way ahead in most of their games, thus never in need of a massive passing effort?

Of course, yeah, they could be the Saints and Brees, look at how far his 4100yards have taken them.

Competing for a playoff spot?

Not bad..

threetoedpete
12-09-2008, 03:28 AM
We already have. Two weeks from now we'll be embedded in an artic cold air mass and the guys will be in Oakland looking at the bridge

...everyone, homeowners: check your pipes this weekend...get it done. that foam stuff to wrap your pipes with goes out the door quick. snooze and you loose. Anti freeeze ? Battery cables on the car . connections....upper and lower make sure thers no white stuff on there. .....you've been warned.

Might want to think about clothing for the last game incase it lingers.

BattleRedToro
12-09-2008, 07:25 AM

I'd have to add that the best run defense is an explosive offense. Score early and often and the Titans will abandon the run. I'm not as worried about Chris Johnson as I am worried about LenDale White. I believe the Texans defense is better equipped to handle a speedy RB then a powerful RB.

I disagree a little with the notion that the Texans shouldn't be too aggressive on offense. I agree that they need to run to keep the Titans playing honest, but they also need to air it out as well, so they can build up enough of a lead to make the Titans change their offensive approach.

What the Texans don't need to try to do in this game is play old-school ball control football. This would be playing into the Texans' weaknesses and the Titans' strengths and would ultimately result in a victory and a possible wide margin for the Titans.

DocBar
12-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Play action, bootlegs, screens and maybe some draw plays should be our ofensive menu against the Tacks. We can exploit them thru the air and on the ground that way. Get the ball to Leach in the flat some more. He'll make CB's afraid to tackle. OD up the seam, also.

SheTexan
12-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Play action, bootlegs, screens and maybe some draw plays should be our ofensive menu against the Tacks. We can exploit them thru the air and on the ground that way. Get the ball to Leach in the flat some more. He'll make CB's afraid to tackle. OD up the seam, also.

Can you pass that on to Kubiak?? He's not the best game planner in the league by any stretch of the imagination! I like the part about getting the ball to Leach! He's becoming my hero!!:)

TimeKiller
12-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I don't care if they win or lose...honestly, I don't. I just would really like to see a backbone out of the boys when fat Albert and co. come up with their bad attitudes and bullying. If someone hops on Schaub go out of the way to pull that dude off or smack him on the next play. We don't need to stoop down to anyone's level, just stand up to it.

Pantherstang84
12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I don't care if they win or lose...honestly, I don't. I just would really like to see a backbone out of the boys when fat Albert and co. come up with their bad attitudes and bullying. If someone hops on Schaub go out of the way to pull that dude off or smack him on the next play. We don't need to stoop down to anyone's level, just stand up to it.

Nahh. I'm for stooping down. That's how you stop the bullying. Cheap shot 'em back. I would gladly take a 15 yard penalty if it means Fat Albert gets helped off of the field.

Runner
12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Luck won't help much if the Titans dominate the trenches. This will be a tough game to pull out. The Texans will have to play at their best in all phases for the entire game.

toronto
12-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Competing for a playoff spot?

Not bad..

If you think a 7-6 record and being on the fringe of the playoffs worth the stats versus the Titans pass offense, go ahead. I think the Saints themselves would gladly switch though.

RMB_Titan
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think any Titan fan out there, nor any Titan themselves are overlooking you guys.
You guys have been playing solid ball especially in the last few weeks. If it wasn't for Rosencopter losing that first Indy game for you guys, you'd be at 7-6 right now.
You guys also have a diamond in the rough with Slaton. While I don't think we're going to let him run all over us like he did the first game, we will have to keep an eye on him. Stopping him and getting to the QB is what we will need to do.
Here's to a good game Sunday!

DocBar
12-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I wonder how many VY jerseys I'll see in the stands. That would be sad but amusing at the same time.

toronto
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I wonder how many VY jerseys I'll see in the stands. That would be sad but amusing at the same time.

I was wondering that myself....

What a weird year..... :thisbig:

DocBar
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM

Are the Tacks marketing Kerry jerseys yet? THAT would really help VY's fragile ego.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM

*must resist.... must resist.....There is another thread for that*

toronto
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Are the Tacks marketing Kerry jerseys yet? THAT would really help VY's fragile ego.

Nope, at least I didn't see much of that when I was down in Nsh back for Texans-week. And when I was at Ford Field, all of the Titan gear I saw didn't have a #5 on it.

My guess is that folks still don't know what to think - no one saw this coming. (the VY saga, Collins taking over, then going 10-0 etc.) I do know this, a few boos rained down on Collins when he threw his second pick the other day, and I kept remembering how VY reacted.

Joe Texan
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
We need no Luck

We will beat the Teetons and stuff the Tennessee stocking full of VY

no mistakes and we take the cake

Mistakes and we try harder

hands down we win

toronto
12-09-2008, 10:23 AM
We need no Luck

Mistakes and we try harder

hands down we win

Do I need to remind you of that look on your face and the trudge in your step after the game in Sept. Joe :splits:

TEXANS84
12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Looks as if the weather forecast is predicting rain for Sunday. Should be fun inside Reliant with the roof stuck open.

toronto
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Looks as if the weather forecast is predicting rain for Sunday. Should be fun inside Reliant with the roof stuck open.

Man, it's still not fixed?

Joe Texan
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Do I need to remind you of that look on your face and the trudge in your step after the game in Sept. Joe

I stepped High and invaded the Nashville Hooters after the Teeton game
Whats to tell

toronto
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I stepped High and invaded the Nashville Hooters after the Teeton game
Whats to tell

LOL! :splits:

TEXANS84
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Man, it's still not fixed?

One out of the 4 missing panels have been replaced.

Tailgate
12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
One out of the 4 missing panels have been replaced.

So thats why the roof was closed the other day. I guess one panel at a time.

imatexan
12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
That would be funny if they closed the roof and just had the 3 missing pieces being exposed and rain coming down only in those parts.

gary
12-09-2008, 04:32 PM
We need no Luck

hands down we winThe biggest key to a Texans vicktory right there.

RMB_Titan
12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
The biggest key to a Texans vicktory right there.
The biggest key for a Texans victory is ensuring that your O line keeps Schaub or Rosencopter on their feet. If we wind up manhandling either one of them like we have in the past, it's gunna be a long day for you.

If we give them time to throw or let Slaton run all over us like he did last time (which I'm postive that we won't let that happen again), then it will be a long day for us.

Bulluck53
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
To be fair, Slaton represents our weakness perfectly. We are susceptible to the cut-back and misdirection because Washburn teaches our ends to pass rush, not stick the man and read the play. So what happens before we make adjustments is Kearse, KVB, or whoever is playing at the time will get sucked in on a misdirection and allow the outside to the back. The tackle provides an easy seal and the back will hit the outside. Now, the good thing about our defense is that Thornton, Bulluck, Harper and Finnegan are all so quick that they can usually make up for the mishap, but Slaton neutralizes that speed and will cause problems. Thats what happened last time and what will happen Sunday unless we fix it, which would mean changing the defensive philosophy.

BigBull17
12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
The biggest key for a Texans victory is ensuring that your O line keeps Schaub or Rosencopter on their feet. If we wind up manhandling either one of them like we have in the past, it's gunna be a long day for you.

If we give them time to throw or let Slaton run all over us like he did last time (which I'm postive that we won't let that happen again), then it will be a long day for us.

Thats the heart of it all, we have to block Haynesworth and Van den Bosh(sp). Add everyone else. We just have to protect, and stop the run.

Bulluck53
12-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I think we'll get consistent pressure on Schaub. We are just so deep there with Ball, Ford, Jones coming off the bench and into the rotation. Its going to be tough for your line to man up. I expect a lot of three step drops, draws and screens to neutralize the pass rush. We'll see if that works.

Texan_Bill
12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I think we'll get consistent pressure on Schaub. We are just so deep there with Ball, Ford, Jones coming off the bench and into the rotation. Its going to be tough for your line to man up. I expect a lot of three step drops, draws and screens to neutralize the pass rush. We'll see if that works.

Y'all won't touch nary a hair on Schaub.

:stirpot:

Wolf
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
As long as lendale doesn't have a "whale of a game" I will be happy
:whip:
yes bad pun

..our guards and center better eat their wheaties this week.

RMB_Titan
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM

Oh, so Rosenfels is starting then?

:dance3:

Bulluck53
12-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Oh, is the Rosencoptor getting the start?

Edit: Ha, damn you RMB

RMB_Titan
12-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh, is the Rosencoptor getting the start?

Edit: Ha, damn you RMB

Haha. You like my subtle pot shot?

Wolf
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nrayZ5LTL._SL500_.gif

RMB_Titan
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nrayZ5LTL._SL500_.gif
Protect the QB you must.

SheTexan
12-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Has anyone heard how Chester is holding up? He got dinged pretty bad aganist the Jags but said there was no way he would miss this game. Just wondering.

This will be D. Browns chance to prove he was worth that first round pick. He better eat his wheaties and protect MS blind side!! It's up to him to make sure narry a hair on MS's head is touched. Meyers needs to get MEAN and nasty! I have yet to see the killer instinct in our center. I have a feeling Winston will draw a penalty or two if ANYONE goes for MS knees. He was pretty pissed the last time it happened. We'll see. Our OL has got to play smashmouth football or it will be a LONG day for all us Texan fans.

El Tejano
12-10-2008, 01:55 PM
This is the year we get out of the basement and win more than one division game

Have you been in the basement? We've won more than one division game before. In 2004 we swept the Jags and The Titans.

ObsiWan
12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Speaking of basement; Del Rio's replacement holds his first presser....

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/crbc/2008/crbc081210.gif (http://www.mycomicspage.com/bc/)

BY1401
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
For what it's worth, this Colts fan would like to see you guys win.

:heart:

SteveSlaton20
12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
of course.
:shots:

DocBar
12-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats the heart of it all, we have to block Haynesworth and Van den Bosh(sp). Add everyone else. We just have to protect, and stop the run.
Did you know that we're undefeated when leading after 4 quarters??

gary
12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
If we have the lead going into the fourth on Sunday I'll get up out of my chair.

Thorn
12-11-2008, 07:06 PM
If the Texans are to win this Sunday, they'll have to play the best football they've played all year, and then some. The Titans need this game and have no intention of losing to the Texans. I would love to see the Texans mature up and win it, but frankly I just don't see it.

It would sure be nice though if I'm wrong about this.

gary
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Agreed.

Giant Tiger
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
That was me that started that thread Bill. :foottap:

And us Canucks enjoy our full set of teeth, even ones like me that still root for Bud's team after all these years. :gun:

A Canadian who cheers for Tennessee :confused: Seems like a contradiction, considering all the complaining when Winnipeg & Quebec lost their NHL teams.

toronto
12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
A Canadian who cheers for Tennessee :confused: Seems like a contradiction, considering all the complaining when Winnipeg & Quebec lost their NHL teams.

Grew up in Houston bleeding blue and white, just like you....

Giant Tiger
12-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Grew up in Houston bleeding blue and white, just like you....

I didn't grow up in Houston, but I wish I had :thisbig:

gary
12-11-2008, 08:17 PM
I support all of my hometown teams.

Thorn
12-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Just looking at the numbers, and they don't look so good. Hopefully we can run against their defense, because if we can't, we are in trouble. amazingly enough, we are 11th in the league in rushing. When was the last time that happened with the Texans?

Offense (NFL total ranking)

YPG: (3)Houston 381 (17)Ten 330
Rushing YPG: (3)Ten 146 (11)Houston 117
Passing YPG: (4)Houston 264 (24)Ten 184
Points PG: (7) Ten 25 (15)Houston 23

Defense (NFL total ranking)

YPG: (3) Ten 273 (20) Houston 342
Rushing YPG: (7)Ten 92 (24) 127
Passing YPG: (3) Ten 181 (18) Houston 214
Points PG: (2) Ten 14 (26) Houston 25

Battle Red Flash
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM

I sure hope not! I want to beat them at FULL strength.
Texans 21, Titans 20.

www.nfldraftdog.com

gary
12-12-2008, 04:45 PM
We'll see.

Wolf
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I have tried to resist this but I really wish this title of the thread would be changed .. first thought when I read the title is Therealjoker
and his dilemma

:tiphat:

gary
12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
If you would like to change the thread title have a mod do it.

Wolf
12-12-2008, 05:08 PM
If you would like to change the thread title have a mod do it.

I am joking :joker:

gary
12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Just in case you were not though I don't mind. LOL

axman40
12-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Wolf , do you have a date with Sure Thing Shirley?
:specnatz:

Porky
12-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Do You Think That We'll Get Lucky Next Weekend?

I just asked my wife, and she said not a chance. :foottap:

Specnatz
12-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I just asked my wife, and she said not a chance. :foottap:

Ask her sister?

ZZTop song reference in there somewhere.

gary
12-13-2008, 10:15 AM
How about if the title said if VY plays?

Marcus
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
If the Texans are to win this Sunday, they'll have to play the best football they've played all year, and then some. The Titans need this game and have no intention of losing to the Texans. I would love to see the Texans mature up and win it, but frankly I just don't see it.

It would sure be nice though if I'm wrong about this.

It is nice, ain't it?:wild: