PDA

View Full Version : Respect for the coaches

Polo
12-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Great win today...

Hopefully we can finish the year strong, but one thing I can say about my Texans is that they play hard every single week and have done so for every game of Kubiaks tenure..Can't recall a game where I felt like we just didn't give the effort....I think thats a direct reflection on the head coach....

Hopefully we can start to make the changes neccessary and learn from experience....

:fans:

:respect:

DocBar
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Great win today...

Hopefully we can finish the year strong, but one thing I can say about my Texans is that they play hard every single week and have done so for every game of Kubiaks tenure..Can't recall a game where I felt like we just didn't give the effort....I think thats a direct reflection on the head coach....

Hopefully we can start to make the changes neccessary and learn from experience....

:fans:

:respect: I didn't see the best effort against the Ravens. I've also seen the team thoroughly outcoached, especially in the 2nd half, in several games the last 3 yrs. I think Kubes is making strides as a HC, but there's still room for improvement. Turnovers are also partly a by-product of coaching. 'Nuff said on that topic. I really do like Kubes, but he needs to take a HARD look at his D staff this offseason and not let a strong finish affect his thinking too much. The D has cost us a shot at the playoffs this year. IMO, we won today because we had the ball last.

Polo
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I didn't see the best effort against the Ravens. I've also seen the team thoroughly outcoached, especially in the 2nd half, in several games the last 3 yrs. I think Kubes is making strides as a HC, but there's still room for improvement. Turnovers are also partly a by-product of coaching. 'Nuff said on that topic. I really do like Kubes, but he needs to take a HARD look at his D staff this offseason and not let a strong finish affect his thinking too much. The D has cost us a shot at the playoffs this year. IMO, we won today because we had the ball last.

The defense hasn't been great, But our turnovers have really hurt us and that's why we barely won today...

Not sure how you rate todays defensive effort as anything short of outstanding....

We did get beat, but we made the plays that mattered...Not only that, but I think GB only converted like one third down....

Despite our teams shortcomings and mistakes we've made, I've never felt more confident about a Texans team...I've never had higher expectations than I'll have heading into next year...I don't think we're far off from competing and winning against the best on a week in and week out basis...JMO...

ATXtexanfan
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I hope the entire coaching staff returns, minus one

headsplint
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Word.

Jackie Chiles
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM

A new D-coordinator will almost assuredly bring some of his guys with him but I get what you are saying. Should be an interesting off-season.

DocBar
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
The D was OK today, but NOT great. The Pack shoved the ball down our throat on a couple of drives Teams usually have their way with us. I see our DB's running down the field after getting fooled on a move, flailing their arms about and hoping for something good to happen. I see RB's busting big plays right up the gut when everyone in the stadium knows it's going to be a run. We have a lack of talent and a lack of coaching/scheme on the D side of the ball. Our D has looked better the last few games, but who have we played? Sunday's game will go a long way in showing us what kind of team we have.

Thorn
12-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Not defending anybody here, I want Richard Smith gone as much as the next guy, but it wasn't the defense dropping the ball, throwing the interceptions and muffing the punt returns.

Brandon420tx
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
It was great to see our corners jamming at the line of scrimmage. Helped us big on timing routes

DexmanC
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I didn't see the best effort against the Ravens. I've also seen the team thoroughly outcoached, especially in the 2nd half, in several games the last 3 yrs. I think Kubes is making strides as a HC, but there's still room for improvement. Turnovers are also partly a by-product of coaching. 'Nuff said on that topic. I really do like Kubes, but he needs to take a HARD look at his D staff this offseason and not let a strong finish affect his thinking too much. The D has cost us a shot at the playoffs this year. IMO, we won today because we had the ball last.

How many short fields did Rosencopter give the Ravens in the 4th quarter??
Ahh... OK
The EFFORT has been present all season. The coaching STRATEGIES are what
need to improve. ESPECIALLY on defense. We got Schaub back, so we'll see
the best the Texans have to offer. The Titans have a tough task on their
hands. The Texans have a chance to reach .500 next week, againsts the
Titans. I expect Reliant to be PACKED next Sunday, Monday-Night style.

Brandon420tx
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
monday night style?? ... so no one will show up in the stands till 7 minutes into the third quarter?