PDA

View Full Version : One good thing about Kubiak

wwffan99tx
12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
First off let me say that todays game, despite the win, was very frustrating to watch. The Texans should have beaten the Pack handily. And Kubiak does need to find a way to get his guys to stop turning the ball over so much. But the one good thing about Kubiak is,that despite the disappointing season so far, this team has not given up on the season and quit like the Jacksonville Jaguars have.This team, although not always playing the smartest football, has played hard. Hopefully, he can correct some of the mental errors this team continuously seems to make and this team can contend next year after a strong finish this year.

Tailgate
12-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I never gave up on him.... he is our guy imo. We will be good for years to come, we just need one more good off season.

ATXtexanfan
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
No doubt I was waiting for the team to cave in, great win and hopefully they keep it up

gtexan02
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
After watching the Texans turn the ball over 4 (almost 5) times today, I couldn't help noticing how they didn't seem to be affected. Thats when I realized the silver lining to this disapointing season--- We've learned how to put mistakes behind us.

In the past, after a particularly ugly TO, you would expect the team to crumble. The defense wouldn't show up, and the opposing team was basically guaranteed a score.

Not anymore

HJam72
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
After watching the Texans turn the ball over 4 (almost 5) times today, I couldn't help noticing how they didn't seem to be affected. Thats when I realized the silver lining to this disapointing season--- We've learned how to put mistakes behind us.

In the past, after a particularly ugly TO, you would expect the team to crumble. The defense wouldn't show up, and the opposing team was basically guaranteed a score.

Not anymore

Yeah, just keep making turnovers and you'll learn to get over them. :user:

Fox
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
There are a lot of things to like about what Kubiak has done here, and he's a likable guy who I want to see succeed. Hope to see him get this team together playing well for a full season next year...

DexmanC
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Kubiak mentioned that he tells his team to not worry so much about
the mistakes, just make the big play that erases them. They seem to
be heeding the message.

TheCD
12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Looking at how Slaton has performed this year, I think it was a smart decision for Kubiak to bench Slaton during the Ravens. He got a lot of flak for that, but look how Slaton has performed since that time.

TexanSam
12-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree. This team hasn't quit on the season. The Texans could have caved in after the 0-4 start. Then they could have quit after going to 3-7 but they haven't.

awtysst
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Its the Jim Mora rule, you can turn over the ball 4 times and win, but not five.

"Well, I'll start off by saying this: do not blame that game on the defense, OK? I don't care who you play -- whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team -- much less an NFL team. When you turn the ball over five times -- four interceptions, one for a touchdown, three others in field position to set up touchdowns -- you ain't going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin' game. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can't turn the ball over five times like that. Holy crap! I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. Five turnovers. One of them for -- We've thrown four interceptions for touchdowns this year. That might be an NFL record! And we've still got six games left, so there's no telling how many we'll have. That's pitiful! I mean, it's absolutely pitiful to perform like that. Pitiful!"

"What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! "

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/mora_jim0108.jpg

Brando
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm a Kubiak fan, give him more tools on defense and get a new DC, cut down on the TO's we will be a better team next year. I know saying next year is the same old song and dance but we are getting close.