PDA

View Full Version : More love for Kdub

superdave532
12-07-2008, 05:33 PM
First of all I'd like to apologize to Texans fans everywhere - every single time I've played Kevin Walter for my fantasy team he's had a solid, to monster day. Today was no different, and I just want to apologize for not playing him every single week, as that's clearly the reason he has not caught 80 passes for 1300 yards so far.

I read in another post a while back how someone said that KW is good, but we give him too much credit because every team has a receiver like him. I think he's starting to prove that we're wrong to think like that. We're blessed with one of the best #1 receivers in the league in AJ as well as one of the league's top #2's in Kevin. Remember he was going against a Packer's secondary that is regarded as one of the best in the league..

You are the man Kdub, keep working hard and dominating defenses!

gtexan02
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll gladly eat my crow on this one.

When he first came here, I was super underwhelmed. He has consistently gotten better, every week, and shown me to be totally wrong.

Thank you Walter!

Htownsportsfan
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I beleive he now holds the Texans single season TD receiving record with 8. Not bad for a guy most folks bitched about when we signed him from the Bungles!

Fox
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I thought he'd be a good role player when he got here. Now he's a stud #2.... I'll take it.

mexican_texan
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I beleive he now holds the Texans single season TD receiving record with 8. Not bad for a guy most folks bitched about when we signed him from the Bungles!
He's tied with AJ, I think.

Htownsportsfan
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
He's tied with AJ, I think.

Opps your right. I was thinking the record was 7, not that Kevin had 7. THey are tied with 8. My mistake.

TexanSam
12-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Kevin Walter has an outside chance of reaching 1000 yards this season. If he does, the Texans will be one of the few teams in history to have two 1000 yard receivers in the same season.

:D

superdave532
12-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Kevin Walter has an outside chance of reaching 1000 yards this season. If he does, the Texans will be one of the few teams in history to have two 1000 yard receivers in the same season.

That would be pretty amazing considering we also have a 1000+ yard rusher. Turnovers really are the only thing holding us back this year.

Jackie Chiles
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM
That would be pretty amazing considering we also have a 1000+ yard rusher. Turnovers really are the only thing holding us back this year.

On offense.:d:

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 12:52 AM
On offense.:d:

Beat me to it.

Turnovers isn't the only thing holding us back.

Signed,

Richard Smith

Goldensilence
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM

Last team I can recall having that is...Denver with Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery. They also had 100 receptions each that year. Guess whom Kubiak has compared Walter to? Yep.

threetoedpete
12-08-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm really happy to see this from the board. he wasn't a pros pro when we got him . But his worked hard and has made the most of his opportunities. I was half expecting everyone to be banging the guy for the fumble. That was a pretty good shot he took from Nick Collins.

And what happen to Collins latter, when he went one on one with the hammer is what I'm talking about. Take care of your team mates. Your guy takes a shot from someone....get your self into a position to repay them legally in spades. Knock them to Mars. Vonte Leach was motivated today. Cut me ! foo you.

Won't be seeing Mr. Collins the rest of the year, with that knee I'm thinking .

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Won't be seeing Mr. Collins the rest of the year, with that knee I'm thinking .

Who's Collins?

threetoedpete
12-08-2008, 01:17 AM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl-players/nick-collins/7227?flv=1

Jackie Chiles
12-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Last team I can recall having that is...Denver with Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery. They also had 100 receptions each that year. Guess whom Kubiak has compared Walter to? Yep.

Not to take anything away from what Walter has done this year but Boldin and Fitzgerald are both over the 1K mark and Steve Breaston only needs about 150 more yards to make it 3.

Anyway back to Walter, everyone knows how hard a worker he is and how he does all the little things but I believe he is vastly underrated as an athlete. No he isn't Dre (who is) but I have no doubt that he is above average across the board athletically as an NFL wide receiver. He has great size, great hands, impressive strength and his speed is not just passable, it is good. Maybe some will say he plays faster than he would time but this is the NFL, he doesn't have to prove his speed at the combine, he proves it every single week.

TexanSam
12-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Not to take anything away from what Walter has done this year but Boldin and Fitzgerald are both over the 1K mark and Steve Breaston only needs about 150 more yards to make it 3.

Wow...that's pretty impressive. I knew Boldin and Fitzgerald were over 1000 yards (well...Boldin is about 50 yards short...close enough) but I didn't know Breaston was that close.

It makes sense though. Arizona has no rushing attack whatsoever (dead last in the NFL).

Hooston Texan
12-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Walter and AJ are probably the most physical WR tandem in the league. Green Bay has a top-shelf pass defense mostly because their corners excel in press coverage. A great many WRs in the league just cannot disengage from them. But Walter and AJ are so strong that they have relatively little trouble shedding the initial chuck.

Rod Smith and McCaffery are a common comparison, but AJ/Walter are the superior duo. And I say that with all due respect to the Bronco duo. Walter does the things that Easy Ed could do--especially blocking. Meanwhile, AJ is basically a cross between Smith and McCaffery--all the playmaking ability of the former (and then some) crossed with the physicality of the latter.

This just in: our WRs are good.

Jackie Chiles
12-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Wow...that's pretty impressive. I knew Boldin and Fitzgerald were over 1000 yards (well...Boldin is about 50 yards short...close enough) but I didn't know Breaston was that close.

It makes sense though. Arizona has no rushing attack whatsoever (dead last in the NFL).

You are looking at stats that haven't been updated on Boldin, he had about 940 coming into today and got his 60.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-08-2008, 04:38 AM

A few years ago the Colts had three 1,000 yard receivers (Harrison, Wayne, Stokley). I'm pretty sure they all had at least 10 TDs each as well.

Htownsportsfan
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
5E from Peter Kings MMQB, its nice to see Kevin getting some attention.

e. Kevin Walter has 10 more receiving yards than Randy Moss, three more than Terrell Owens. Ever hear of him? Matt Schaub has.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/07/Week14/5.html

dc_txtech
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
He's not fast enough!

:sarcasm:

BigBull17
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM

The Colts had 3 one year.