PDA

View Full Version : Winning Streaks

The Pencil Neck
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else but I just wanted to say...

Before this season, we'd never won more than 2 games in a row. This season, we've now won 3 games in a row twice.

Let's extend that next week.

J-Russ
12-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Battle Red baby, let's keep the streak rollin'.

powerfuldragon
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else but I just wanted to say...

Before this season, we'd never won more than 2 games in a row. This season, we've now won 3 games in a row twice.

Let's extend that next week.

Agreed. We play the Titans next week, and i hope we defeat them in a similar manner to today's victory. i don't want to blow 'em out, i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.

ziggy29
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM
i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.
Not that Texans fans would know anything about this feeling. :spit:

HJam72
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Wouldn't it make you sick if we finish with a 6 game winning streak at 9-7 and DO NOT make the playoffs? We might need to have a Rosencopter Bar-b-cue.

Before anyone gets too upset, don't worry, because I REALLY doubt we win next Sunday.

Thorn
12-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't think we'll beat the Titans, but if we do, it's 9-7 this year! Hope I'm wrong about the Titans, 'cause 9-7 after that horrible start would be sweet.

powerfuldragon
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Not that Texans fans would know anything about this feeling. :spit:

haha... we're all so familiar with that hollow feeling in the belly.. the kinda loss that makes you blink hard and stagger about the room like a lost octogenarian.

ziggy29
12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think we'll beat the Titans, but if we do, it's 9-7 this year! Hope I'm wrong about the Titans, 'cause 9-7 after that horrible start would be sweet.
The problem with finishing 9-7 is that it would reopen the wounds of the losses that should have been wins, and realizing that the Texans missed the playoffs because of those botched efforts.

That would be a buzzkill.

Dan B.
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Agreed. We play the Titans next week, and i hope we defeat them in a similar manner to today's victory. i don't want to blow 'em out, i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.

I want to knock Collins out in the fourth quarter of a tied game (nothing serious, just a sprained thumb or something -- I'm not malicious). After 15 minutes of CBS replaying "the run," Young twice overthrows his receiver so badly in the end zone that the ball bounces off of someone in the stands wearing a Titans #10 jersey. Mario stuffs him on a run attempt on third down, then runs into the stands to apologize to Vince's Mamma for hurting her baby. Bironas misses a chip shot FG and the Texans get the ball on their own three.

Then Slaton Runs for a 97 yard TD to win the game. Leach bowls over Haynewsorth in the process and tramples Al's knee, ending his season.

texanhead08
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
The problem with finishing 9-7 is that it would reopen the wounds of the losses that should have been wins, and realizing that the Texans missed the playoffs because of those botched efforts.

That would be a buzzkill.

Would you rather go 2-14??

HJam72
12-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I want to knock Collins out in the fourth quarter of a tied game (nothing serious, just a sprained thumb or something -- I'm not malicious). After 15 minutes of CBS replaying "the run," Young twice overthrows his receiver so badly in the end zone that the ball bounces off of someone in the stands wearing a Titans #10 jersey. Mario stuffs him on a run attempt on third down, then runs into the stands to apologize to Vince's Mamma for hurting her baby. Bironas misses a chip shot FG and the Texans get the ball on their own three.

Then Slaton Runs for a 97 yard TD to win the game. Leach bowls over Haynewsorth in the process and tramples Al's knee, ending his season.

Now THAT sounds like a job for Leach! :splits:

TexanSam
12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
haha... we're all so familiar with that hollow feeling in the belly.. the kinda loss that makes you blink hard and stagger about the room like a lost octogenarian.

Yeah...I still haven't gotten over the Indy loss.

On another note, I need to head up to the Woodlands mall and get a red texans shirt. I'm guessing they'll probably be wearing battle red for the Titans game

ziggy29
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Would you rather go 2-14??
Pretty sure that can't happen when you're already 6-7.

Obviously I'd like to keep winning. It's just that it would lead to some lamentations about what could have -- no, *should* have -- been...

ATXtexanfan
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops. Go texans

ATXtexanfan
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops? Go texans

DocBar
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Lets go for 4 in a row!!! Kick the Tacks A**!!!! It will be my 1st Texans game!!!!!

Jackie Chiles
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops? Go texans

Pretty sure teams have the option to use alternate home uniforms twice every year and we have taken advantage of it. Two home games left, saving it for Chicago only makes sense to me if we could guarantee we would be fighting for a 9-7 record.