PDA

View Full Version : Our wr's vs. Gb cb's

D-Frank
12-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I would say that andre may not go past 50 yards recieving "but" C Dub is moving to safety as he played last week vs carolina. So they move trimond williams to base with Al Harris on the other. Al H. is a beast also I seen him PANCAKE mike flurry from detroit on a bump n run. I seen trimond get beat a couple of times this year, i aint worried bout him vs. walter.

oh yeah since they lost Nick Barnett they have not been good against the run.

I expect a good running performance:kingkong:
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/12/03/1/
link for charles woodson movin to safety^

mexican_texan
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
That article mentions a few Packers among the high vote-getters in their positions. Do we know that info for our players?

Ryan
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
The only way Andre doesn't go past 50 yards is if Rosencopter/Schaub don't throw to him.

eriadoc
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm not concerned about our WRs against any CBs. It's the QBs I'm concerned about.

powerfuldragon
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
i'm concerned about their WR's against our CB's

eriadoc
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
i'm concerned about their WR's against our CB's

LOL, that too.

b0ng
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Woodson will be on Dre, Harris will probably be on K-dub, and I'm not sure who they would have cover Daniels, and who would cover Slaton. Their secondary is the best in the league, but I think they'll make more plays on the QB than they will make plays on our WR's/TE's/Slaton.

I'm more interested in how Mario handles their offensive line. If Rogers starts having to throw while under fire we can easily force a few picks.

Norg
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
well both of there CB are deff smaller then AJ so he can deff push them around but there much faster

so short passes and slants to aj should be the gameplan AJ muscle them up on the get go breakaway then catch

QB real quick two step drop throws

nero THE zero
12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
GB's secondary is far from infallible:

C. Johnson 6 129 2 47
M. Austin 2 115 1 63
R. White 8 132 1 37
L. Moore 5 115 2 70
M. Colston 1 70 1 70
S. Smith 4 105 0 54

I'm not worried. At all.

barrett
12-04-2008, 12:56 AM
i think our offense will do pretty well against them. i think i'm worried about a shootout. i'd love to see the defense put up another decent week. if they finish the season playing as well as they have in the last two weeks i'd be curious to see if there is a coaching change after all. I KNOW.. all of you want Smith fired. But I'm curious to see us against a fairly prolific offense like GB.

wish i knew what was going on behind the closed doors of HT. Maybe Smith has already been stripped of his duties and somebody else is calling the shots? We'll never know. I have said it before and I'll say it again, don't be suprised if Smith returns for a fourth season if the defense continues to play the way they have the last two weeks!

Go Texans.

TheRealJoker
12-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I think the X factor here is how Slaton runs in the frozen tundra. If the running game is hitting on all cylinders it will make Schaub's return that much easier and will open up the bootlegs/play action.

stiff
12-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Woodson and Harris I believe are both in the top 5 or 6 in the league for Interceptions.

The curious thing will be how does Shaub's knee respond in the cold weather is he going to be slowed due to the weather and is that going to give Kampman extra time to get after Shaub.

TimeKiller
12-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about us passing a ton. Supposed to be like 15 degrees...I'm worried about how the run game works, how our defense responds to the cold. I'd expect our big time TE OD to have a better game than any reciever.

stiff
12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about us passing a ton. Supposed to be like 15 degrees...I'm worried about how the run game works, how our defense responds to the cold. I'd expect our big time TE OD to have a better game than any reciever.

Agree plus he will want to make an impression getting to play in front of his family and everyone that watched him play at Wisci.

badboy
12-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I would send wide receivers deep every play and hope our TEs and slots could catch a few within 1-15 yards. I expect our kicker and ST to play an important role in this win. I am concerned we will have more turn overs than ever. As the field is heated, if there is any sleet or snow to melt it will make the field very slippery and that will effect Slaton, JJ, Davis and AJ. Maybe we will see some attempts by our FB?

Maddict5
12-05-2008, 12:38 PM
a slippy field will mean a high-scoring passing shootout

Hervoyel
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
i think our offense will do pretty well against them. i think i'm worried about a shootout. i'd love to see the defense put up another decent week. if they finish the season playing as well as they have in the last two weeks i'd be curious to see if there is a coaching change after all. I KNOW.. all of you want Smith fired. But I'm curious to see us against a fairly prolific offense like GB.

wish i knew what was going on behind the closed doors of HT. Maybe Smith has already been stripped of his duties and somebody else is calling the shots? We'll never know. I have said it before and I'll say it again, don't be suprised if Smith returns for a fourth season if the defense continues to play the way they have the last two weeks!

Go Texans.

And you know what? If they played all of 2009 the way they've played the last two weeks then I wouldn't be particularly upset about that. My problem is that I know they'll start the year out like the timid little weenies they were for the first 10 weeks of this season (and last season, and the one before that). I'm the biggest "FIRE RICHARD SMITH" guy you'll find but all I want is a defense that plays hard every week.

scourge
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd like to see a fade route with AJ, IF Schaub could actually get the ball out there far enough to have the ball end up in front of AJ as opposed to behind him to better give him the chance to make a play instead of giving the cb the upperhand and making AJ be the one intercepting.

eriadoc
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd like to see a fade route with AJ, IF Schaub could actually get the ball out there far enough to have the ball end up in front of AJ as opposed to behind him to better give him the chance to make a play instead of giving the cb the upperhand and making AJ be the one intercepting.

There are just certain throws that Schaub doesn't have the arm strength for. I don't think a deep fade or deep outs are in Schaub's future.

scourge
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I do like Schaub when he stays healthy, but I don't think he'll ever be able to make that throw. That's why the "if he could actually" part.

I think it might possibly work if he did a 3 step drop and just slung it out there hoping that AJ could get there in time. AJ could pull it off IMO, even with the safety there.

Vinny
12-05-2008, 04:49 PM
And you know what? If they played all of 2009 the way they've played the last two weeks then I wouldn't be particularly upset about that. My problem is that I know they'll start the year out like the timid little weenies they were for the first 10 weeks of this season (and last season, and the one before that). I'm the biggest "FIRE RICHARD SMITH" guy you'll find but all I want is a defense that plays hard every week.
they won 3 of the last 5 games last year, so this end of season surge is becoming a trend.