PDA

View Full Version : Texan Pro Bowlers 08'!

Hook'er
12-03-2008, 03:08 PM
The only Texans I see that should be in the Pro Bowl, Andre Johnson & Mario Williams!................maybe Owen Daniels.

DiehardChris
12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Mario and Andre are the only ones who are going to go.

Vonta Leach is the one other guy I think definitely SHOULD go.

Slaton, Daniels, Kris Brown, and Winston should at least finish near the top of the best of the rest.

I guess Jacoby should be considered if they have a specific punt returner spot.

gtexan02
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Starters:
Mario Williams - DE
Andre Johnson - WR
Antuan Molden - Special Teams

Other:
Owen Daniels - TE
Steve Slaton - RB
Kris Brown - K

imatexan
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Kris Brown should go no doubt.

As long as Mario, AJ, and maybe OD.

nero THE zero
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Don't be suprised if DeMeco makes it based on name recognition alone.

He was hurt early in the season but his play has been elevated over the past few weeks and he's looking like his old self again.

bah007
12-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Will make it:

WR - Andre
DE - Mario

Could make it:

MLB - Ryans
K - Brown

Should make it but probably won't:

FB - Leach
TE - Daniels

HOU-TEX
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Will make it:

WR - Andre
DE - Mario

Could make it:

MLB - Ryans
K - Brown

FB - Leach
TE - Daniels

I can agree with this. Nick from HT.com gave the preliminary fan votes in his blog. MW, AJ and D-Ryans are all top 5.

WIDE RECEIVER
1. Denver Broncos Marshall, Brandon 232234
2. Indianapolis Colts Wayne, Reggie 223583
3. Houston Texans Johnson, Andre 198106
4. New England Patriots Moss, Randy 188138
5. Pittsburgh Steelers Ward, Hines 175818
Andre Johnson is a distant third in voting among AFC wide receivers despite the fact that he leads not only the AFC but the entire NFL with 955 receiving yards. The two-time Pro Bowler is third in the league with 71 receptions. Marshall has 63 catches for 803 yards. Wayne has 56 grabs for 790 yards.

DEFENSIVE END
1. Houston Texans Williams, Mario 163371
2. Indianapolis Colts Freeney, Dwight 152659
3. Tennessee Titans Vanden Bosch, Kyle 136928
4. Tennessee Titans Kearse, Jevon 116498
5. Pittsburgh Steelers Smith, Aaron 67436
At this point, Mario Williams looks like he won’t be snubbed from the Pro Bowl for the second consecutive season. A year after finishing third in the NFL with 14 sacks, Super Mario leads all AFC defensive linemen (ends and tackles) with eight sacks.

INSIDE LINEBACKER
1. Baltimore Ravens Lewis, Ray 168566
2. Pittsburgh Steelers Farrior, James 102515
3. Pittsburgh Steelers Foote, Larry 65078
4. New England Patriots Bruschi, Tedy 49780
5. Houston Texans Ryans, DeMeco 41536
DeMeco Ryans, who started for the AFC in the Pro Bowl last year, is going to need a surge of votes to help him make a return trip to Honolulu. He leads the Texans with 73 tackles this season and leads all NFL defenders over the last three seasons with 280 solo tackles. Ryans posted back-to-back 11-tackle games in Weeks 10 and 11.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/blogs.asp?post_id=388

eriadoc
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Owen Daniels should make it. How many TEs go?

AJ and Mario should be locks. Demeco, not so much this year, due to injury. Kris Brown ought to go, as should Leach. That's about it for me, I think.

infantrycak
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Owen Daniels should make it. How many TEs go?

Two TE's and then into alternates. Gonzalez is out front in the #1 position with OD in #2 in the AFC so far this season. Problem is Gates could easily jump several spots based on past performances.

eriadoc
12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Two TE's and then into alternates. Gonzalez is out front in the #1 position with OD in #2 in the AFC so far this season. Problem is Gates could easily jump several spots based on past performances.

OD is perceived as a lesser TE to those two, so that will determine whether he goes or not, but IMO, the only TE clearly better than him this year is Witten.

TexanSam
12-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Andre Johnson and Mario Williams are probably near locks. If you look at Slaton's stats, he should be going as well (all the other backs you consider pro bowlers are having worse seasons that Slaton). Daniels is 2nd in the AFC in catches and yards (behind Tony Gonzalez) so he is probably deserving as well.

YellerLotYeller
12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I believe the players and coaches vote this week also. Does anybody know if their votes carry more weight than the fans vote? If so, how does it work?

ATXtexanfan
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
jacoby as PR?

infantrycak
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
jacoby as PR?

Won't happen but he probably deserves it. He has the highest average among AFC returners with over 10 returns and the only people with more than one TD return are Ginn Jr. and Figurs whose averages are half as much.

Now that I look at it, Ginn did get his 2 TD's on just 6 punt returns but that cuts both ways--a part time punt return gig shouldn't make the probowl IMO.

YellerLotYeller
12-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Won't happen but he probably deserves it. He has the highest average among AFC returners with over 10 returns and the only people with more than one TD return are Ginn Jr. and Figurs whose averages are half as much.

If he makes it to the Pro Bowl as a Returner he'll be following in the footsteps of Mathis.....oh no, wait.

mexican_texan
12-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Not to mention it's Andre Davis listed as our returner, not JJ

painekiller
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I picked Mario, Pitts, Winston, Owen, AJ and Slaton.

ZX758
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Will make it:

WR - Andre
DE - Mario

Could make it:

MLB - Ryans
K - Brown

FB - Leach
TE - Daniels

Agree

Silver Oak
12-03-2008, 07:11 PM
besides the obvious in Mario, AJ, and possibly DeMeco, I truly think Slaton is one of the top 4 backs in the AFC this season. Based on performance and not on potential, Chris Johnson, Thomas Jones, and Slaton should be the AFC rb's in Hawaii next year.

DiehardChris
12-03-2008, 07:20 PM
besides the obvious in Mario, AJ, and possibly DeMeco, I truly think Slaton is one of the top 4 backs in the AFC this season. Based on performance and not on potential, Chris Johnson, Thomas Jones, and Slaton should be the AFC rb's in Hawaii next year.

Agreed. Too bad that doesn't matter. LT will always make the pro bowl as long as he's not hurt. Same with Antonio Gates.

If they pick 3 RBs, they'll be Chris Johnson, Thomas Jones, and LT.

jb66er
12-03-2008, 07:36 PM
AJ and Mario will most likely go,.. it will be tough for OD against Gonzo, Gates, and D. Clark,...don't count Kevin Walter out,.. there's no way K. Brown makes it.

V3rm0nt3r
12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
AJ and Mario will most likely go,.. it will be tough for OD against Gonzo, Gates, and D. Clark,...don't count Kevin Walter out,.. there's no way K. Brown makes it.

why not brown? i mean i know he doesn't have much name recognition but what kicker really has that? Vinatary maybe but that's about it. if fans actually look at stats brown was perfect up until a week or two ago... Walter won't make it there's too many number one's who should make it over him. if they take 4 it would be Marshall AJ Moss and Wayne. a 5th would be Welker or Ocho Cinco... I don't like it either but the guy's got mad recognition (none of it from when he was on the field).

TexanSam
12-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I believe the players and coaches vote this week also. Does anybody know if their votes carry more weight than the fans vote? If so, how does it work?

They're all worth 1/3 of the final tally. Fan vote isn't worth more than coaches and players. It's all equal

Maddict5
12-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Not to mention it's Andre Davis listed as our returner, not JJ

mathis wasnt listed as the returner the yr he made it

TexanAddict
12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
ESPN AFC South Blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-18/Haynesworth-has-big-lead-in-Pro-Bowl-fan-voting.html)

If you download the spreadsheet that is linked to on that page, the only Texans in the top 5 at their respective positions in fan voting are AJ and Mario.

Position AFC/NFC Team Player Fan Votes
Wide Receivers AFC Denver Broncos Marshall, Brandon 325907
Wide Receivers AFC Indianapolis Colts Wayne, Reggie 320847
Wide Receivers AFC New England Patriots Moss, Randy 307183
Wide Receivers AFC Houston Texans Johnson, Andre 296277
Wide Receivers AFC Pittsburgh Steelers Ward, Hines 274771

Position AFC/NFC Team Player Fan Votes
Defensive Ends AFC Houston Texans Williams, Mario 239907
Defensive Ends AFC Indianapolis Colts Freeney, Dwight 236980
Defensive Ends AFC Tennessee Titans Vanden Bosch, Kyle 209875
Defensive Ends AFC Tennessee Titans Kearse, Jevon 179199
Defensive Ends AFC Pittsburgh Steelers Smith, Aaron 113023

Mario leads, but Andre is now trailing Randy Moss, which of course, is complete BS. Go Vote!!!

Hook'er
12-08-2008, 01:32 AM
............it would be nice to see SS in there!

threetoedpete
12-08-2008, 01:40 AM
The only Texans I see that should be in the Pro Bowl, Andre Johnson & Mario Williams!................maybe Owen Daniels.

The hammer, Vonta Leach deserves it but he won't get it. Owen Daniels shot himself in the foot today with the fumble. Great play for the Green Bay line backer...all the knuckle dragger's will see is that he fumbled on the way to a score.

Walter has been rock solid and certainly has the numbers. He is under A.J.'s shadow. I doubt anyone but this board and the coaches realizes how important to the team he is. Go look at some of the draft guru sights and many of them are banging for us to take a WR ? Mind Boggling. We don't have enough balls to go around as it is. I believe Andre Davis only had two targets today. David Anderson had what seven targets ? I don't know what they would do with a high end prospect at wide receiver. Pay the guy to watch I guess.

Jackie Chiles
12-08-2008, 01:53 AM
The hammer, Vonta Leach deserves it but he won't get it. Owen Daniels shot himself in the foot today with the fumble. Great play for the Green Bay line backer...all the knuckle dragger's will see is that he fumbled on the way to a score.

Walter has been rock solid and certainly has the numbers. He is under A.J.'s shadow. I doubt anyone but this board and the coaches realizes how important to the team he is. Go look at some of the draft guru sights and many of them are banging for us to take a WR ? Mind Boggling. We don't have enough balls to go around as it is. I believe Andre Davis only had two targets today. David Anderson had what seven targets ? I don't know what they would do with a high end prospect at wide receiver. Pay the guy to watch I guess.

Saw one the other day, ignorance, plain and simple.

imatexan
12-08-2008, 02:41 AM
We need to make sure AJ goes!! Vote people!