PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams = Primetime beast!!!

TheRealJoker
12-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow, that man is dominant. Yet another great performance on national tv!!!

DiehardChris
12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Indeed.

Two prime-time games in two years, both in all red = 6.5 sacks!

powerfuldragon
12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
as marc vandermeer called him, Monday Night Mario.

Jackie Chiles
12-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Mario is a beast and sorry to get a little off topic but can we please get a movement going to make Battle Red the official uni? I know the old Houstonprofootball.com site wrote a piece on it a few years ago but really, its time. Look at the slight change something like that can do for a team like the Tampa Bay Rays (slight name change vs. unis). In all honesty even if it did NOTHING for our on field performance those unis are just so sweet. They can mess around and mix in some white pants with em which I think look even better.

I know some of you believe it will take away from the advantage we have during the two Battle Red games of the year and if they became our regular unis I don't expect the winning percentage to stay at its ridiculously high rate but I just think its time to make a bit of a change.

powerfuldragon
12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Mario is a beast and sorry to get a little off topic but can we please get a movement going to make Battle Red the official uni?
but kornheiser said we looked like ketchup bottles... i know a lot of y'all don't like him, but that made me chuckle.

gtexan02
12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
but kornheiser said we looked like ketchup bottles... i know a lot of y'all don't like him, but that made me chuckle.

Funny thing is its true! Especially number 57

bah007
12-02-2008, 12:34 AM

Kornheiser is a really funny guy. He is great on PTI.

But he doesn't know enough about football to be calling games. I think that is the beef most people have with him.

powerfuldragon
12-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Funny thing is its true! Especially number 57

nice. i'll rep you for that.

ChrisG
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Mario is a beast and sorry to get a little off topic but can we please get a movement going to make Battle Red the official uni? I know the old Houstonprofootball.com site wrote a piece on it a few years ago but really, its time. Look at the slight change something like that can do for a team like the Tampa Bay Rays (slight name change vs. unis). In all honesty even if it did NOTHING for our on field performance those unis are just so sweet. They can mess around and mix in some white pants with em which I think look even better.

I know some of you believe it will take away from the advantage we have during the two Battle Red games of the year and if they became our regular unis I don't expect the winning percentage to stay at its ridiculously high rate but I just think its time to make a bit of a change.

if battle red is our reg uniform is losing everything special and motivating it brings with it. its good and cool b/c its rare and provides us a boost

imatexan
12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Keep it the way it is.

MAriooooooooo owns once again!!!

Jackie Chiles
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
if battle red is our reg uniform is losing everything special and motivating it brings with it. its good and cool b/c its rare and provides us a boost

Maybe the next step as a franchise is to not rely on a uniform to "get up" for a game.

bah007
12-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Maybe the next step as a franchise is to not rely on a uniform to "get up" for a game.

Exactly.

Our guys were fired up for this one.

Where is this type of fire every week?

Blu
12-02-2008, 12:51 AM
I think we should go back to having two battle red day games a season.
Then reserve it for the playoffs
:vinny:
no telling how far off that maybe. sooner than later (2012)
:thisbig:

MARIO was tha mahn!!
HE Truly has Awante!!! (WILL AND PASSION)

TexansSeminole
12-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Battle Red uniforms shouldn't be the official uniforms but I like them as a once or twice a year thing.

Mario was awesome, and has shown he can step up in big games. He did it in college as well. FSU vs N.C. State on national television in 2005 he dominated. I was at the game and he completely shut down our offense.

The guy has a knack for making plays in big games. Something that will be crucial in our movement foreward as one of the better teams in the AFC south.

mattieuk
12-02-2008, 07:51 AM
A prime time player comes big on the national stage.

I think with that Mario may just have booked himself a flight to Hawaii.

HJam72
12-02-2008, 08:05 AM
I'd be fine with changing to the battle red jerseys permanently, but IMO all men look stupid in red pants. It just looks gay, not that it's popular to say there's anything wrong with that.

BigBull17
12-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Kornheiser is a really funny guy. He is great on PTI.

But he doesn't know enough about football to be calling games. I think that is the beef most people have with him.

After the first drive, I think Tony needed a cig. He was all over AJ.

I'd be fine with changing to the battle red jerseys permanently, but IMO all men look stupid in red pants. It just looks gay, not that it's popular to say there's anything wrong with that.

We should wear the blue pants with the red jerseys. It looks better.

Mr teX
12-02-2008, 09:17 AM

the only thing that makes me chuckle about that clown is his ridiculous attempts at comb-overs..... quite possibly top 3 of the worst of all time right behind Trump & paolantonio.

absolutely awful
http://files.tonycutyourhair.com/200008101-3da353e9a5/Tony%2012_1%207.jpg

Goatcheese
12-02-2008, 09:42 AM

Killer Space Ketchup Bottles From Mars.

They should wear red shirts/helmets, with blue pants. Like this: :mario3:

Hooston Texan
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Just change the pants and you've got something really good. Only two other teams (Atlanta and Kansas City) feature red uniforms with any regularity, and I'm not sure the Falcons do that anymore. Blue is everywhere in the NFL: heck, the other three teams in our division wear a shade of it at home.

I'm no fan of Kornheiser, either. He does have a wit, but he thinks he is way more clever than he actually is. Still, I thought the announcers did a fantastic job of discussing the teams when they weren't talking about what just occurred on the field. They clearly did their homework (e.g. commenting on how Garrard beat us scrambling in the first game, discussing Kubiak's assessment of Carr leading to the decision to not draft Vince Young, etc.) and were ready to talk about both teams during lulls in the action. For outsiders tuning in, it was a really good introduction to the Texans' storylines. A few gaffes aside (who is this Vonta Lynch?), it was a really nice job by the announcers.

gtexan02
12-02-2008, 10:49 AM

Hopefully we'll wear them next time we play at Heinz Field.

(we need a drum/cymbol smilie)

Dread-Head
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
A prime time player comes big on the national stage.

I think with that Mario may just have booked himself a flight to Hawaii.

One would think so, but they'll screw him over like they did last year.

Malloy
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM

He then said they looked stupid... I hate that BEEPING BEEPhole... Great sports coverage... moron...

Texanfan4ever
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
All this talk from outsiders, sportscasters and the like about our uniforms is kind of like everyone talking about David Carr's hair. But hey, at least they are talking about us. I think they are just jealous! :scarygirl:

I love them!

Dan B.
12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Just change the pants and you've got something really good. Only two other teams (Atlanta and Kansas City) feature red uniforms with any regularity, and I'm not sure the Falcons do that anymore. Blue is everywhere in the NFL: heck, the other three teams in our division wear a shade of it at home.

I'm no fan of Kornheiser, either. He does have a wit, but he thinks he is way more clever than he actually is. Still, I thought the announcers did a fantastic job of discussing the teams when they weren't talking about what just occurred on the field. They clearly did their homework (e.g. commenting on how Garrard beat us scrambling in the first game, discussing Kubiak's assessment of Carr leading to the decision to not draft Vince Young, etc.) and were ready to talk about both teams during lulls in the action. For outsiders tuning in, it was a really good introduction to the Texans' storylines. A few gaffes aside (who is this Vonta Lynch?), it was a really nice job by the announcers.

Umm. The Cardinals wear red pretty often I think. But I do agree that fewer teams wear red tops, and that the red, white, and blue color scheme is a bit overplayed. Sorry, I know its' the state colors, but there are just too many teams with the same colors (Buffalo, The Pats, the Giants, and the Titans all use red white and blue as their primary colors). Then you count the many other teams with blue and white tops and we just look like a carbon copy of everyone else.

I like the red for a different reason. Except for the Dynamo, every Houston team has red as its' featured color (even UH). I know that sounds silly, but I kind of like the continuity -- similar to how every Pittsburgh team wears black and gold.

Mari-OWNED!
12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I like the red on red, I think we should wear that for every prime time game.

Also I think we should wear the red jerseys with white pants for every playoff game, when we start going to those...

Joe Texan
12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
We saw Mario in Cleveland and he was pumped to get out there and eat some quarterback for lunch. He did the same thing Monday so we have a Prime Time Monster.
Mario Mario Mario Mario

El Tejano
12-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I say we make a bet with Mcnair. If we beat the Titans with Red Unis on, we go red the rest of the way. If not, we will keep it like it is. Deal?