PDA

View Full Version : Texans VS Jags ~ Monday Night Football

Ali4Real
12-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Congrats on the win Texans fans (where ever you might be). Poll question: Which player had the best performance of the game during the Texans first MNF game?

:jogger: = 9-7-0 Season

powerfuldragon
12-02-2008, 12:28 AM
slaton, though mario had a good friggin game. (you forgot his forced fumble)

Hagar
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
You forgot that Mario forced the fumble on the 7 yard line.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I thought Mario and Slaton were equally important to this game but Slaton is younger so I gave it to him. Big game for him on national TV.

Showtime100
12-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Slaton for me. He seemed to give us a charge (thank you O line) when we needed it.

Scooter
12-02-2008, 01:29 AM
mario.

slaton had an awesome game. what we did though is have something resembling an inside rush ... that meant mario got 3 sacks and a fumble, and gerrard spend all day with an OT or mario himself leaning on him because of mario's push.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
mario.

slaton had an awesome game. what we did though is have something resembling an inside rush ... that meant mario got 3 sacks and a fumble, and gerrard spend all day with an OT or mario himself leaning on him because of mario's push.

I thought Okoye had a decent game. Even though he did not make alot of tackles, he occupied blockers and opened up holes for the LBers to fill.

Killer Bee
12-02-2008, 01:44 AM
If the game was closer, Andre's #'s would've been more. That said I voted for Slaton, but Mario also had a great game. It's a toss up.

mattieuk
12-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Voted Mario.

Could easily have given it to Stevie though, both played real good. Reeves in a close third, he played good all night, and the only real play I remember him giving up should have been pass int. anyways IMO.

:texflag:

Runner
12-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Dre Johnson for getting the team off to a fast start before they went away from him. His presence does set Slaton up.

nunusguy
12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
The team and its fans looked great on TV ! It was exciting and gratifying to make such a positive impression in our debut MNF appearance. But too bad it was such a meaningless game. I dread seeing the ratings stats, which might
mean 7 more years before another MNF ?
And after the game was over I was left wondering which NFL team made the most pathetic effort over the long Thankgiving-weeked ? The Jags or the Lions vs. the Titans ?

Mr teX
12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
slaton...he did just enough in the run & pass game to keep Sage out of tough situations which should be the recipe for both of our turnover prone qbs to be successful.

V Man
12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I didn't vote, cause I think it should be a Co-MVP. Mario and Slaton sharing the award (they divide the horse trailer award on Sunday Night, so this one could be also).:fans:

HOU-TEX
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Dre Johnson for getting the team off to a fast start before they went away from him. His presence does set Slaton up.

True, but I'm going with MW. His sack/FF allowed Slaton another chance for yardage and a TD. IIRC, his first sack got the D off the field.

Either way, it's a joy discussing who the MVP of the game should be rather than who the scape goat should be. :)

Texan_Bill
12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Of those choices, I would also go MW.... Slaton would be a close 2nd though.

gtexan02
12-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Slaton, Williams, Reeves, AJ in that order